• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I am dreading the fact that I'll have to play Severa's, Gerome's and to a lesser extant Nah's paralogue about 8 times to get all the damn supports. ._.

GamerSoul

Wow that Tharja came out really good.

I am dreading the fact that I'll have to play Severa's, Gerome's and to a lesser extant Nah's paralogue about 8 times to get all the damn supports. ._.

supports? I was happy just to beat those paralogues. So far I'm liking Severa and Nah, they're adorable in their own way. And Cordelia, Severa> Sumia, Cynthia. Merc class is too nice.

And those are good tips Rockman. I will never be able to efficiently choose marriages though lol.

Wow that Tharja came out really good.

supports? I was happy just to beat those paralogues. So far I'm liking Severa and Nah, they're adorable in their own way. And Cordelia, Severa> Sumia, Cynthia. Merc class is too nice.

And those are good tips Rockman. I will never be able to efficiently choose marriages though lol.

Don't worry about it too much. Other than Maiden!Lucina most kids will turn out good.

Servbot24

Banned
Just bought this game. Only other FE I've played is PoR, but the descriptions made it sound like I should start on Hard mode. Couple of levels in so far and it's absolutely wonderful <3

Frost_Ace

Just bought this game. Only other FE I've played is PoR, but the descriptions made it sound like I should start on Hard mode. Couple of levels in so far and it's absolutely wonderful <3
ltu7TQZ.gif

You did well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
My Nah is a freaking beast

Value: 291
Strength: 43(+11)
Magic: 23 (+6)
Ability: 34 (+5)
Velocity: 33(+4)
Luck: 47
Defense: 31 (+13)
Endurance: 32(+9)

And she's still at level 17.

Yarne is growing well too :)

ohlawd

That Tharja looks awful, so sorry! It looked better when it wasn't colored. Damn if those legs don't run forever though. Legs and ass are the bestest <3

My Nah is a freaking beast

Value: 291
Strength: 43(+11)
Magic: 23 (+6)
Ability: 34 (+5)
Velocity: 33(+4)
Luck: 47
Defense: 31 (+13)
Endurance: 32(+9)

And she's still at level 17.

Yarne is growing well too :)
:D

McNum

Heh, I missed Kellam's birthday. How oddly appropriate.

Anyway, I've been buying DLC and not actually playing it, go me. Maybe I should do something about that. And I think the best thing to do here, is look at the elephant in the room: Rogues and Redeemers 3. AKA "I have to beat a five star map HOW many times for Limit Breakers?" I'm pretty sure I could field Morgan and tear that map apart, but I kind of want to include more units for the EXP. And I think Chrom is mandatory, which means bringing in Sumia, too. Anyway, any tips for doing this? Any tips for doing it 20 times?

I haven't touched Future Past yet, either. Should probably get around to that, but I'm thinking of getting Limit Breakers first. Not to blaze through it, but so that the EXP I do get won't be wasted on empty levels.

I'm also kind of thinking I could use a good thief for more Infinite Regalia runs. I have a level 5 Gaius, a nearly stock Anna, an okay Assassin Panne, and of course, a newly recruited
Gangrel
with Locktouch. But neither would stand a chance against the Deadlords, so they'd be dead weight on the team. Got any recommendations for a good Locktouch unit? I'm almost considering reclassing the avatar into Thief, but that'd be 10 very empty levels to get out of again...

Finally, I really only have Lissa as a good staff user. Brady isn't awful, but I could really use a backup healer/rescuer. Preferably one that can fight a bit. Sumia as a Falcon Knight is an option, of course. Maribelle could work, too, and maybe Brady as a Sage. I've seen what Cherche can do as a Valkyrie, though... not her.

Of course, the smart thing would be to combine those two and get a great Trickster with an A in staffs and Locktouch. That means Gaius, Anna, or
Gangrel
. Would that work?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, I've been buying DLC and not actually playing it, go me. Maybe I should do something about that. And I think the best thing to do here, is look at the elephant in the room: Rogues and Redeemers 3. AKA "I have to beat a five star map HOW many times for Limit Breakers?" I'm pretty sure I could field Morgan and tear that map apart, but I kind of want to include more units for the EXP. And I think Chrom is mandatory, which means bringing in Sumia, too. Anyway, any tips for doing this? Any tips for doing it 20 times?

Use the map to level up units that you've given Limit Breaker too. It's not a hard map for max stat units (w/o Limit Breaker), and if you've got Paragon you should still get levels off it fairly quickly.

The main threat is Jaffar and his Lethality skill. Kill him before he can potentially get that off and you should be set.

Also, "empty levels" shouldn't be a huge issue, unless you're playing on Lunatic. Chances are all of your units with max stats have already hit the internal level cap, so the only variable for experience is you displayed level.

demidar

I reckon I could beat Apotheosis if I had the right skillset (Galeforce and Limit Breaker on everyone) but I just can't be bothered grinding up to the point.

ohlawd

Seriously? D:

woops didn't read his post entirely.

With the right skillset and varied classes (Sage/Sorcerer and Dark Flier has no variety but it works freaking well because Celica's Gale is beastly), then yeah you can do it.

I tried finishing it with my Bride Army file. Lack of weapon variety destroyed me. Damn you, crazy Berserkers!

McNum

Use the map to level up units that you've given Limit Breaker too. It's not a hard map for max stat units (w/o Limit Breaker), and if you've got Paragon you should still get levels off it fairly quickly.

The main threat is Jaffar and his Lethality skill. Kill him before he can potentially get that off and you should be set.

Also, "empty levels" shouldn't be a huge issue, unless you're playing on Lunatic. Chances are all of your units with max stats have already hit the internal level cap, so the only variable for experience is you displayed level.
I'm just playing on Normal. Pretty much exactly to avoid building up a silly internal level.

Unfortunately, Paragon hasn't been released yet. I don't get the EU DLC order. Shouldn't we get the double EXP skill before the cap increase one? That'd make more sense...

Ah well, I'll have my Dragontank Morgan be the first to get Limit Breaker. Then Second Seal her back to Manakete 1. I'm fairly sure nothing on this map, other than Jaffar with Lethality (thanks for that heads up) is even remotely a threat to her. Unless someone carries a Naga's Breath, those are nasty.

I'll just bring my primary team and see if I win.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just playing on Normal. Pretty much exactly to avoid building up a silly internal level.

Unfortunately, Paragon hasn't been released yet. I don't get the EU DLC order. Shouldn't we get the double EXP skill before the cap increase one? That'd make more sense...

Ah well, I'll have my Dragontank Morgan be the first to get Limit Breaker. Then Second Seal her back to Manakete 1. I'm fairly sure nothing on this map, other than Jaffar with Lethality (thanks for that heads up) is even remotely a threat to her. Unless someone carries a Naga's Breath, those are nasty.

I'll just bring my primary team and see if I win.

Book of Naga, I guess that's the same thing? Yeah, a sage in the upper right section does have that.

Draxal

The only other "threat" is Linus due to counter; but yeah I just afk level on that map.

woops didn't read his post entirely.

With the right skillset and varied classes (Sage/Sorcerer and Dark Flier has no variety but it works freaking well because Celica's Gale is beastly), then yeah you can do it.

I tried finishing it with my Bride Army file. Lack of weapon variety destroyed me. Damn you, crazy Berserkers!

Hmm, due to bad brides can't use 2-3 weapons, Noire has a sniper was actually god tier for me.

ohlawd

I'd much have a Lucina figure but whatever. Glad so many people are keeping up with this thread.

Lucina's probably the worst to have a figure for cuz she got no figure, knah what I mean?

ok like I know Nowi and Nah exist but there's a market out there for them. Lucina's figure is the bad kind of figure.

demidar

Lucina's probably the worst to have a figure for cuz she got no figure, knah what I mean?

ok like I know Nowi and Nah exist but there's a market out there for them. Lucina's figure is the bad kind of figure.

I'm sure if a Lucina figure was made the makers would have some... creative liberties.

McNum

*Saves game after R&R3*

That took an hour?!

Fun map, powerful enemies all over. Almost lost Brady, but Cynthia intervened. Go Cynthia! It's almost a little sad to see my avatar being one of the weaker links in the army, he just can't take many hits against enemies this strong. I wonder if he should get first dibs on Limit Breaker, then? Or maybe I should try some other class instead of Grandmaster? Tiki is all-green, though, as the only one.

Main Dragontank Morgan didn't care at all, though. You know she's showboating when she uses Pavise on a 0 damage hit that was defended against by Inigo. It's her way of saying "Even if you HAD hit me, it wouldn't have changed anything." So, I don't actually need to get her Limit Breaker to beat this map.

Anyway, Limit Breaker get. And the dilemma is whether to give it to my strongest to allow them to grow stronger, or let my not quite as strong exceed their caps first so they can catch up...

ohlawd

Is JP VA really better? I found EN to be pretty good compared to most games, but I'll try out JP if it's as good as you say it is.

Nah, not really. JP VA is good but not good enough to suffer through the voice glitch.

I like how Chrom is the only one who has a perfect English AND Japanese VA. Everyone else is one sided especially with Lissa's. oh god Kana Asumi, what in the blue hell....

GamerSoul

I like most of the English VAs. Sully's perfect. The only one that's a bit off so far is Owain. He sounds older than I thought he would.

Not all female figures have to be seductive or such.

Sully wouldnt...or would she? :p

Don't worry about it too much. Other than Maiden!Lucina most kids will turn out good.

That's what I noticed they're amazing. I'm still raising some of them for the first time.

Solune

Is JP VA really better? I found EN to be pretty good compared to most games, but I'll try out JP if it's as good as you say it is.

I'm just going to be transparent and say that I naturally prefer most games with JP VA if it's included. That said the ENG VA in FE:A is actually pretty good compared to most Dubs.

-Horizon-

Nah, not really. JP VA is good but not good enough to suffer through the voice glitch.

I like how Chrom is the only one who has a perfect English AND Japanese VA. Everyone else is one sided especially with Lissa's. oh god Kana Asumi, what in the blue hell....

I haven't really messed with the language setting and stuck with the english default.
But seriously Kana Asumi? I didn't know she was in this, I gotta check this out.

Draxal

I just go with this on voice acting.

If it's a European-inspired fantasy romp, i'm going to go english unless it's backbreakingly bad.

If it's a game based on modern (hi megaten spinoffs) or historical japan I'm going to go with subtitles.

If it's a game based on Japan that kinda works as a western setting (phoenix wright ... kinda works) i'm for whatever sounds the best.

ohlawd

I haven't really messed with the language setting and stuck with the english default.
But seriously Kana Asumi? I didn't know she was in this, I gotta check this out.

JP voices are great but better to set your expectations down for Lissa.

She fucking sucks in this game and I worship Kana Asumi.

I don't know what to do with Gregor!Noire. Snipers are garbage so not that, Sorcerer has good defences and really high magic cap but is slow, Assassin is good but I don't know about another fragile unit as I already have Assassin Kjelle.

NekoFever

I'm glad this game lets you read a chapter-by-chapter summary of what's happened in the story. I got to play less than an hour before my 3DS XL's bottom screen died, and then it took Nintendo eight weeks to fix it. The first thing I did when it came back was pop Fire Emblem back in, and I was immediately lost as to what's going on.

At least now I get to see what all the fuss was about...

Top Bottom