• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So I'm only now trying to get all the supports and I just witness Chrom and Sumia's.

Worst. Pairing. Ever.

I don't know what to do with Gregor!Noire. Snipers are garbage so not that, Sorcerer has good defences and really high magic cap but is slow, Assassin is good but I don't know about another fragile unit as I already have Assassin Kjelle.

Sorceror, since its the best class in the game and because she benefits from having the ability to learn Armshift, which works wonders when being able to have an almost unlimited use of Nosferatu tomes.

If your having trouble with speed, you can always pair her up with someone fast or use Speedwings until she can double by herself. As for the cap, there's always Limit Breaker (increase by 10) or All Stats +2 for it and every other stat (beside HP).

-Horizon-

So I just tried the Japanese voicing option just to hear Lissa/Kana Asumi.

I also recently watched Nyrako-san W...I can't unsee and unhear Nyarko every time Lissa talked.

Her voice wasn't what I expected for Lissa's JP voice though. I'm not sure how to feel about this but I guess her saying "onii-chan" was a plus lol.

ohlawd

It doesn't, maybe you aren't saving the game after changing the voice settings?

Wrong. The game will revert back to English voices the second you put your 3DS into sleep mode, saving doesn't do anything with your language options.

I think that's a bug in the NA version IIRC.

Correct.

So I just tried the Japanese voicing option just to hear Lissa/Kana Asumi.

I also recently watched Nyrako-san W...I can't unsee and unhear Nyarko every time Lissa talked.

Her voice wasn't what I expected for Lissa's JP voice though. I'm not sure how to feel about this but I guess her saying "onii-chan" was a plus lol.
Her acting in the first cutscene.... I knew I had to prepare for myself for the worst.

robot

Any of the DLC packs worth getting? Currently at Chapter 7 (classic) and was curious about the EXP one and the first bundle.

PBalfredo

I sort of wish the Dread Fighter and Bride swapped their proficiency in tomes and bows. Brides being able to use lances, tomes and staffs would be a perfect followup class after Falcon Knight/Dark Flier, while a Dread Fighter with axes and bows would gel better with Warriors who is another male-exclusive class that uses both. Changing classes is great but it's rough when the weapon rank of your new class is just level E. Arms Scrolls are my most sought-after buff item for this reason. Is there a reliable way to obtain more?

I sort of wish the Dread Fighter and Bride swapped their proficiency in tomes and bows. Brides being able to use lances, tomes and staffs would be a perfect followup class after Falcon Knight/Dark Flier, while a Dread Fighter with axes and bows would gel better with Warriors who is another male-exclusive class that uses both. Changing classes is great but it's rough when the weapon rank of your new class is just level E. Arms Scrolls are my most sought-after buff item for this reason. Is there a reliable way to obtain more?

Use Rift Doors (another rare item) on the last few chapters or the SpotPass Paralogues for a chance for the merchant to be carrying them.

Or Risen encounters could have them too.

It's all based off luck though. I do somehow have stockpiled 30 of them so far though...

CorvoSol

So I'm only now trying to get all the supports and I just witness Chrom and Sumia's.

Worst. Pairing. Ever.

I keep sayin' this and people keep bein' "Yeah but Sully" and I'm like, "Brah, at least Sully's supports with Chrom aren't one long innuendo."

Just like I don't see why Sumia and Tharja get a pass for their obsessions with Chrom and Avatar when Cordelia doesn't.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just like I don't see why Sumia and Tharja get a pass for their obsessions with Chrom and Avatar when Cordelia doesn't.

Becuase people on GAF are insecure and hate it when a character doesn't lust after their character's cock from the beginning.

Sumia is excluded because most people go with her to be paired up with Chrom anyways.

CorvoSol

Becuase people on GAF are insecure and hate it when a character doesn't lust after their character's cock from the beginning.

Sumia is excluded because most people go with her to be paired up with Chrom anyways.

True facts I only pair Sumia up for completionists sake. Don't like her, don't like Cynthia, both can go cry in a corner with Nowi.

Acid08

Banned
Just started this!

Loving the look of the game so far. The 3D looks great too.

Picked Speed for my asset and Luck for my flaw.

Kincaido

I can see why people wouldn't like Cynthia. She's so innocent and acts/looks like a kid. Kinda stupid too.
You think that random bandit is your dad?! Seriously?!!

I have no problems with her myself though.

I can see why people wouldn't like Cynthia. She's so innocent and acts/looks like a kid. Kinda stupid too.

But she makes up for it with a great A support with her dad.

-Horizon-

Yeah I guess the plot to her paralogue was lol worthy.
I still like her support convos which makes me like her character.

GamerSoul

I find Severa less annoying then Cynthia for some reason. Cynthia is a good unit but idk there's something about her. And for me that's a good enough reason to not use her that much lol . I can easily see why Severa falls into that prototypical anime character mold though. She could be a bit nicer to her mum.

Just started this!

Loving the look of the game so far. The 3D looks great too.

Picked Speed for my asset and Luck for my flaw.

I thnk thats a great asset/flaw choice and enjoy!

Jintor

Cynthia is adorable in her support convos either with someone just as silly (Owain) or someone complete opposite (Severa, Kanj- I mean, Brady)

GamerSoul

Cynthia is adorable in her support convos either with someone just as silly (Owain) or someone complete opposite (Severa, Kanj- I mean, Brady)

Oh man, I can imagine how her convos with Owain would go like. lol. Her convos with Lucina / Chrom were enough to make me go what?

1gHeDrL.png

What should happen when a pegasus knight blocks an arrow.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I tried playing with JP voice once.

But right at the beginning when I heard Lissa's voice.... I immediately reverted it back to English.

Lissa's English VA >>>>>> Lissa's Japanese VA. The English VA captured her adorableness really well, methinks.

All in all the VAs of the characters were handled brilliantly. I don't think I can name even one that doesn't do his/her job well.

Javier

So I was playing this game and while watching a Support convo, Noire shouted "Blood and Thunder!"

My brother, who was in the room, asked "What are you playing? Was that Ness' voice?"

And now I can't unhear Noire's line as "PK Thunder!"

Kincaido

I tried playing with JP voice once.

But right at the beginning when I heard Lissa's voice.... I immediately reverted it back to English.

Lissa's English VA >>>>>> Lissa's Japanese VA. The English VA captured her adorableness really well, methinks.

All in all the VAs of the characters were handled brilliantly. I don't think I can name even one that doesn't do his/her job well.

I still stand by Olivia (and Female MU) being inferior in English. Them grunts don't fit the character at all!!!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Happy Birthday to that one guy I never use. What's his name?

The game's pretty nice to toss me a free item in the barracks today. What's the occasion?

Man Kellam is so poorly treated :(

It seems like I am the only person here who actually likes him and having a hard time to decide who is the lady getting paired with him since I like him quite much (I usually settle with Cordelia or Olivia though.)

Frost_Ace

Man Kellam is so poorly treated :(

It seems like I am the only person here who actually likes him and having a hard time to decide who is the lady getting paired with him since I like him quite much (I usually settle with Cordelia or Olivia though.)

I paired him up with Miriel, I liked their supports and even if the couple isn't exactly optimal it makes a good defensive sorecerer Laurent.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sorry who were you referring to?

That awesome guy Kellam of course ^_^

I paired him up with Miriel, I liked their supports and even if the couple isn't exactly optimal it makes a good defensive sorecerer Laurent.

I think all of his romantic supports are nice, except probably Cherche since it kind of feels like the conclusion is so very abrupt. I especially like Cordelia's, Olivia's, Tharja's, and Panne's. The FeMU's is nice too.

The painting job is impeccable. Are they done by hand or with a machine?

http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan-e/entry-10736119736.html
http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2011/03/18/mikatans-factory-field-trip-part-4/

Mikatan did a series of articles on how these figurines are painted, some parts are machine painted, some are hand painted. Nowdays lots of small parts are done with 3D printers too, the books and that chair of this Tharja figurine is probably done with a 3D printer (maybe not the chair, but the books would definitely be a pain to do without 3D printers).

Top Bottom