• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Chrom

Crossposting from different thread.

Apparently the demo for the game in EU has been pulled from the eShop. I don't know why but it seems to be only temporary.

Edit: Well, I have a better idea as to why this is the case. Still pretty weird, though.

How many more weapons are left to be given out?

One more. Book of Naga.

Nerokis

Just started. I was introduced to Fire Emblem through Sacred Stones no more than a handful of months ago, and so much of Awakening is intuitive to me on that basis. But... wow. I honestly didn't expect this game to be so gorgeous, or for it to emotionally move me from the very beginning ("It's not your fault"). Just exploring the battle interface reveals an incredible level of polish.

Seriously, I feel like this game had me from the opening cinematic (I'm glad I had headphones on). Haven't felt that way in a very long time.

Oxx

Yikes, Limit-Broken Noire has already maxed-out her stats. Her total-rating is 362 at the moment.

I think I'll do Severa next.

LOL tried paralogue 22 for the first time. Yeah, going in with your best units especially when they're not maxed out(just limit broke like 2 of them) is a really bad idea. Bringing a bunch of shit units along with me seems like the easiest way to do this, although I almost got it(with a LOT of luck), but Cynthia proved to be the weakest child yet again.
Aversa
being aggressive is really hard to protect, especially when all of the mirror units can easily one-shot her.

LOL tried paralogue 22 for the first time. Yeah, going in with your best units especially when they're not maxed out(just limit broke like 2 of them) is a really bad idea. Bringing a bunch of shit units along with me seems like the easiest way to do this, although I almost got it(with a LOT of luck), but Cynthia proved to be the weakest child yet again.
Aversa
being aggressive is really hard to protect, especially when all of the mirror units can easily one-shot her.

You could always rescue staff her so she'll stop charging ahead.

Or be crazy prepared before going in and in battle promote everyone to get the upper hand on the clones!

You could always rescue staff her so she'll stop charging ahead.

Or be crazy prepared before going in and in battle promote everyone to get the upper hand on the clones!

LOL that promotion idea is pretty great, didn't think of that. Just did it with a Severa+morgan pair-up and lots of scrubs hiding in the corner. The pair-up + Book of Naga on Morgan got me 63 def so I was basically invincible, so i just threw that pair in there and let the enemy get murdered. By the time Aversa even started moving it was basically done.

I like how this map makes you think about what advantages you have over the CPU, the most important ones being pair-ups and in this map, regalia.
Not being an Idiot like the enemy AI also helps.

Para 22 is easy, sent in all my maxed limit break units with luna and GF, finished it on turn 2. Celicas gale for the dark fliers and brave lances for the sages.

robot

I have an extra Master & Secondary seal. Any suggestions on who to use them on?

My main character is Grand Master, was thinking Master Seal to Chrom or Virion (he gets a horse!) and Secondary to Ricken (Dark Mage). Currently on Ch 10 (classic). Just wondering if there's a class I should l pay attention to.

If you're just playing casually, you're going to want Chrom to be as strong as he can be since he's mandatory for every story mission.

Also, considering Second Seal-ing your Avatar into a Sorcerer because Sorcerers are broken.

robot

If you're just playing casually, you're going to want Chrom to be as strong as he can be since he's mandatory for every story mission.

Also, considering Second Seal-ing your Avatar into a Sorcerer because Sorcerers are broken.

Thanks - yea I'm just interested in playing through the story on classic/normal. I don't play strat games often and having characters permanent death is makin this a pretty intense game for me.

Will I have wasted the Master Seal I just used on my avatar if I switch him to a Sorcerer? What makes them broken?

Thanks - yea I'm just interested in playing through the story on classic/normal. I don't play strat games often and having characters permanent death is makin this a pretty intense game for me.

Will I have wasted the Master Seal I just used on my avatar if I switch him to a Sorcerer? What makes them broken?

Sorcerer is a good tank with Armsthrift, Vantage, Vengeance and Wrath. With forged Nosferatu or Aversa Night it's pretty much impossible to die. If you don't have many of those skills then just Vantage and Vengeance will do, and just buy alot of Nosferatus.

lupin23rd

Just started playing through some of the DLC after 50 hours.

Completed the one that gives you Paragon. 25 hours wasted of grinding without Paragon, fuck my life.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kincaido, you deleted your Lunatic save file man? Why don't you wipe all data for added bonus? Hahaha.

What the eff.

Kin, quit this muhfuckin game. It ain't that good >_<

Well know, I don't realize you are one of those people who say that FE:A is not that good.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

AAAAAAND just after my post this thread is being moved to Community >____________>

Veal

Has anyone noticed how much smoother the game is since the last update? Fights that used to give huge bouts of slowdown don't anymore! I'm pretty impressed actually.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm normally a green haired guy, but reds are the undisputed second.

There's just something about red and blue hair that does something to me...

Green is good too.

Kincaido, you deleted your Lunatic save file man? Why don't you wipe all data for added bonus? Hahaha.

Well know, I don't realize you are one of those people who say that FE:A is not that good.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

AAAAAAND just after my post this thread is being moved to Community >____________>

I'd rather keep that extra pair of boots =P

ohlawd has moved on ;_;

Oxx

Has anyone noticed how much smoother the game is since the last update? Fights that used to give huge bouts of slowdown don't anymore! I'm pretty impressed actually.

I noticed that too. I thought the performance boost was because I had turned battle animations off.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

ohlawd has moved on ;_;

260 hours according to activity log, maybe I should move on too, hahaha.

I still need to complete all the unique supports though, oughhh, and Animal Crossing keep interfering with that.

New FE with all new waifus pls.

No lying, if the next FE is announced for WiiU, I think I can't resist that, despite me planning to go PS4. Oh my God my wallet ;_________________;

It's funny how this is the second time we've got early DLC maps in Europe.

Although it's tough grinding all my male characters from two game files into Dread Fighters in time for a local StreetPass meet up tomorrow.

Javier

jKVOrlwbLffAu.jpg

CorvoSol

There's just something about red and blue hair that does something to me...

Green is good too.

ohlawd has moved on ;_;

Green > Red > Blue for me. I blame this on Final Fantasy, where the green haired girl is invariably the best girl in the game.

I'm at chapter 17 and almost 80 hours in this play through. I think I have a problem, haha. I just want to finish getting all the abilities for the parents and don't own the grinding DLC. Should probably invest in that.

How did you manage to put that much time in? I'm just curious, because I'm on chapter 16 (Hard, Classic) and I've been grinding but I'm only 30 hours in.

No Anna, no buy.

Seconded. Her one-liners are the best thing ever.

ohlawd

No lying, if the next FE is announced for WiiU, I think I can't resist that, despite me planning to go PS4. Oh my God my wallet ;_________________;

Dat system war :p

I have to get a PS4. I don't want one like ever but it's undoubtedly gonna be the home of console JRPGs so I gotta suck it up and buy one ;_;

Then it looks like I have to buy that as well *sigh*
Yiss give Nintendo all your monies. They planned all this shit out so suckers like us pay the price.

NeonZ

No Anna, no buy.

You know, it actually makes me wonder if they'll keep her as a permanent playable character in every game from now on. Awakening Anna doesn't seem that popular compared to the other Awakening girls, but it shouldn't be hard to throw a playable Anna in every game from now on, rather than just keeping her as secret shop, menu or tutorial girl.

Sanic

Am...I doing something wrong? I'm on the 4th mission, and everyone is getting killed, with some units being one-shotted. I lost my healer on the second chapter, so that's been problematic. Classic btw.

Oxx

Trying to beat R&R3 with just a few characters has been a mixed-bag.

It's a shame that Crom's presence is mandatory, he's the weak-link. Severa and Noire can handle the rest.

goldensun

So I'm super low on cash and no one is selling this game by itself in the BST thread. Any idea if there will be a sale any time soon somewhere?

I really want this game. Played the demo and it looked, sounded and played very smoothly. Huge step up from the last FE I played (Shadow Dragon, which I hated tbh).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm super low on cash and no one is selling this game by itself in the BST thread. Any idea if there will be a sale any time soon somewhere?

I really want this game. Played the demo and it looked, sounded and played very smoothly. Huge step up from the last FE I played (Shadow Dragon, which I hated tbh).

Amazon, right now. It's on sale. Go, go fast.

Top Bottom