• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Quixzlizx

JP voices are great but better to set your expectations down for Lissa.

She fucking sucks in this game and I worship Kana Asumi.

Am I missing something with the voice acting? I set it to Japanese, but only the handful of cutscenes are affected. All of the normal dialogue stays English.

NeonZ

Just finished the game took me ~10 hrs(hard, casual). What to do next? Tried lunatic but stuck at prologue. lol

Did you get all paralogues and activated the bonus paralogues on the bonus box? That could add some extra play time without just replaying the story.

Am I missing something with the voice acting? I set it to Japanese, but only the handful of cutscenes are affected. All of the normal dialogue stays English.

It's a glitch. When you initially set things to Japanese, everything will be voiced in Japanese like it should, but once you reset or restart the game, then things get like what you're describing. To solve the issue, just set it to English, leave the menu and then set it to Japanese again. But you'll need to do that every time you play the game.

Quixzlizx

It's a glitch. When you initially set things to Japanese, everything will be voiced in Japanese like it should, but once you reset or restart the game, then things get like what you're describing. To solve the issue, just set it to English, leave the menu and then set it to Japanese again. But you'll need to do that every time you play the game.

Haha, I've been playing through the entire game that way. I just assumed it was a super-lazy dual-audio option.

Quixzlizx

Well considering you can literally only change it from the super main menu of the game, it is basically a super-lazy dual-audio option,

I meant I had been playing with only JPN cutscenes and ENG dialogue because I thought that NoA had only provided the JPN track for the handful of cutscenes. I was wondering why they had bothered at all.

lupin23rd

Just been going through the spotpass paralogues and paralogue 23... Fuck

Thought my characters were beasts but not beastly enough apparently :(

Any tips?

Just been going through the spotpass paralogues and paralogue 23... Fuck

Thought my characters were beasts but not beastly enough apparently :(

Any tips?

While not very thrilling, I did basically paired up whoever I could use, retreated to the bottom of the map, lined up everyone for the whole bonus support boosts and just let them come at me.

Biggest problems right now is where to properly place units and which units to pair up.

Like that other guy said, make sure you check enemy ranges. Don't just throw your units out there; make sure you know what you're throwing them into. Along those lines, keep your healers, mages, and other squishy units out of harm's way. Make sure you check enemies to see if they have ranged weapons, or effective weapons like Wyrmslayers or Bows.

also

Banned
What exactly are you confused about? Skills? Classes?

Although I am happy to provide some advice , my real advice is to just play through blind. Fire Emblem is a game meant to be played on multiple playthroughs, dont worry if you finish the game with half your units dead.The 2nd time round you'll know what works and what doesnt, and you'll have a more fun time. For now I suggest you just enjoy (or not enjoy) the story.

You monster!

Paralogue 16 is KILLING ME. Every time one of my team dies, that's a half-hour's worth of work just gone. Starting to think picking Classic was a huge mistake.

Acid08

Banned
Yeeeeeeeees!!!!!

Finally finished Paralouge 1 with Donnel leveled up and alive. Took the advice here to always know enemy units attack ranges and to use a task to draw them in first, then pounce. Seems like patience pays off nicely.

Socreges

Banned
Yeeeeeeeees!!!!!

Finally finished Paralouge 1 with Donnel leveled up and alive. Took the advice here to always know enemy units attack ranges and to use a task to draw them in first, then pounce. Seems like patience pays off nicely.
Nice!

I was going to suggest that yesterday, but forgot to give you tips.

Also: heal constantly. Don't worry about your Heal staff running out. You'll get another. It's more important that you level up your Clerics,etc.

Still haven't finished this game. In fact I'm probably just 1/3 through. Dropped it once I got busy, but I'm eager to get back.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Paralogue 16 is KILLING ME. Every time one of my team dies, that's a half-hour's worth of work just gone. Starting to think picking Classic was a huge mistake.

I wish you could switch between Classic and Casual honestly. It would break the spirit of the game but some missions would be less stressful.

You monster!

Just for the first run bro. You can learn valuable experience in the first run, such as NOT throwing Ricken into the range of 3 wyvern riders. If its your first time playing then your units are very likely pretty crap, so keeping them alive is gonna be a pain.

lupin23rd

Outside of the DLC map, is there a good place to grind for units that have been promoted multiple times?

Certain characters aren't earning much experience killing turnip thieves anymore :(

On a side note is there a good strategy (or map) to grinding out supports? That's probably one area I feel I might be weak in.

Outside of the DLC map, is there a good place to grind for units that have been promoted multiple times?

Certain characters aren't earning much experience killing turnip thieves anymore :(

On a side note is there a good strategy (or map) to grinding out supports? That's probably one area I feel I might be weak in.

Summon the SpotPass legacy characters and ruin them?
If you are not in the EU, doing Smash Brethern 3 or Rogues and Redeemers 3 solo is good as well.
Or the good old, summon risen in later chapters or the SpotPass paralogues levels and go from there.

For supports, choose a map where you get easily get the shining spots for a chance at the support boosts. I found the prologue and Chapter 20's map have been good . Chapter 7, 12 and 15 are decent as you start near one and it isn't that hard to get to the other one.

Or if you bought Summer Scramble, you can get at least 3 Seeds of Truths from there. Grind with a decent leveled Dark Filer with Gale Force and you can clear the map solo in about 4 or 5 turns to farm them.

NeonZ

It's one of the hardest children paralogues. You might be better off just advancing in the main story for a bit before going there again.

FSLink

Banned
Summon the SpotPass legacy characters and ruin them?
If you are not in the EU, doing Smash Brethern 3 or Rogues and Redeemers 3 solo is good as well.
Or the good old, summon risen in later chapters or the SpotPass paralogues levels and go from there.

Bleh, I wish there was another method besides these + using Paragon. Kind of difficult for some characters to do those maps solo (I'm playing on Lunatic).

Bleh, I wish there was another method besides these + using Paragon. Kind of difficult for some characters to do those maps solo (I'm playing on Lunatic).

Arena Ferox is a good place to grind relationships. Summon a Risen there, plop two units in the middle of the battlefield, and then just wait for all of them to impale themselves on your blade. It should only take one or two battled per rank of everything goes smoothly.

JCH!

Got the game a couple of days ago, been thoroughly enjoying it, even if the RNG Gods have been cruel to me a couple of times (Get crit'd by the last enemy of a map anyone? T_T). Finished Donnel's paralogue and saw a challenge pop-up in The Northroad.

Holy fuck. It is impossible to beat. I've been having no major problems with the game so far (Hard, classic) but this challenge is just too much. Start surrounded by 6 Wyvern Riders and around 5 more infantry all of which are 1 or 2 levels above most of my team. There's no way I can keep all the squishies safe from being 1HITKO'd by the Wyverns, specially since they are the ones who deal the most damage.

Will the challenge disappear if I do a couple more of main chapters and come back with a higher level?

-Horizon-

Got the game a couple of days ago, been thoroughly enjoying it, even if the RNG Gods have been cruel to me a couple of times (Get crit'd by the last enemy of a map anyone? T_T). Finished Donnel's paralogue and saw a challenge pop-up in The Northroad.

Holy fuck. It is impossible to beat. I've been having no major problems with the game so far (Hard, classic) but this challenge is just too much. Start surrounded by 6 Wyvern Riders and around 5 more infantry all of which are 1 or 2 levels above most of my team. There's no way I can keep all the squishies safe from being 1HITKO'd by the Wyverns, specially since they are the ones who deal the most damage.

Will the challenge disappear if I do a couple more of main chapters and come back with a higher level?
Risen challenges only disappear after a set amount of time after they appear (I think after a day or so, someone else might be able to give a more accurate time).

turn off the animations, it should speed up things a lot.

I always forget you can do that. It's weird that I like the animations so much that I prefer having them on, even as I hold down the A button to fast forward through them.

Anyways, I got through it! Everything was fine once I remembered to mark the ranges of all the dudes who look like they only have axes but actually also have bows that destroy my winged mounts in one shot.

NeonZ

They're time based. So, it depends on how much real time you're taking to do that. Anyway, Risen challenges are pretty much random battles, so you don't need to worry about missing them. You won't be missing anything important.

Petrie

Banned
It's a couple big threads, so I'd rather just ask:

I played through the GBA games way back, but definitely feel I missed out on a lot taking advantage of all the FE system, so what advice would you offer a relative newbie so he could not spoil the experience, but still get the most out of it with regard to relationships and such?

I guess just what would you make sure to do/not do/take advantage of/etc? Nothing depresses me more than getting 1/2 way through a game and realizing I ignored some important system or somesuch and now I've missed out.

It's a couple big threads, so I'd rather just ask:

I played through the GBA games way back, but definitely feel I missed out on a lot taking advantage of all the FE system, so what advice would you offer a relative newbie so he could not spoil the experience, but still get the most out of it with regard to relationships and such?

I guess just what would you make sure to do/not do/take advantage of/etc? Nothing depresses me more than getting 1/2 way through a game and realizing I ignored some important system or somesuch and now I've missed out.

Play through the first time blind, dont worry about messing up or losing half your units. Youll have a better time the 2nd time with all the knowledge you"ve acquired.

Pair up all your units always for the stat boosts, dual strike and dual guard chances. Consider pairing up the same people all the time to raise support levels and hence raise dual strike and guard chances.

Press X all the time to see the range of the enemy, place the guy with highest DEF (Kellam or Freddy) at the edge to lure the enemies in, and strike next turn, repeat. Cant stress this enough when I see people complaining about how Ricken keeps dying whem they put him in the range of 3 wyvern Riders.

Pay attention when the enemy talks about reinforcements arriving soon. Either move everyone out of the range of forts, or block them with a unit.

Marry whoever you want because most children are great regardless of parent choices.

CorvoSol

I'm at chapter 17 and almost 80 hours in this play through. I think I have a problem, haha. I just want to finish getting all the abilities for the parents and don't own the grinding DLC. Should probably invest in that.

CorvoSol

Got the EXPonential map, as well as the Dread Fighter and Apotheosis maps. Only done the EXP one and I'm kinda underwhelmed by it. Yeah, I get lots of EXP when I kill something. But only if I'm lucky enough to do that. Frederick's a Knight at the moment, and his mobility is null. I kill like maybe one of these guys with him per run of the map. Kinda feel like I was better off grinding Harvest Scramble.

Got the EXPonential map, as well as the Dread Fighter and Apotheosis maps. Only done the EXP one and I'm kinda underwhelmed by it. Yeah, I get lots of EXP when I kill something. But only if I'm lucky enough to do that. Frederick's a Knight at the moment, and his mobility is null. I kill like maybe one of these guys with him per run of the map. Kinda feel like I was better off grinding Harvest Scramble.

Bring Freddy along with 5 units with rescue staves, you can get a kill every turn.

Gambit

...and done.

For now!

Finished the game yesterday, and have successfully cleared the spotpass chapters that are available in Europe. I think two are still missing, right?

Anyway, it was a great game, although I think I broke it by grinding to give my kids galeforce. After that, very little strategy was involved.

Now I might grind for some more support conversations, but have decided to scale it back considerably.

I am very glad that I bought the GBA, GC and Wii titles way back when. Haven't played any of them, but never sold them either. Now I am ready for a FE binge.

NeonZ

Lost Bloodlines is this week's dlc. Any good?

It's basically an easier version of Smash Brethren. Lost Bloodlines 2 has a new class for males (Dread Fighter) which has a very good skill which gives +10 attack during the player's phase. Lost Bloodlines 3 has the veteran skill, which doubles the amount of experience you can get, and also has a fairly big number of enemies, so it's basically the best map for grinding higher level characters (who don't benefit from exponential growth anymore).

Chrom

Double Bow get from Bonus Box.

Lost Bloodlines 3 has the veteran skill, which doubles the amount of experience you can get, and also has a fairly big number of enemies, so it's basically the best map for grinding higher level characters (who don't benefit from exponential growth anymore).

Actually, it's Paragon, not Veteran. Understandable to mix up the two since they're fairly similar to each other.

Oxx

Back playing after my Animal Crossing holiday.

Currently massacring every spotpass/Streetpass/risen on the map using just my limit-broken Noire.

Blood and Thunder.

Top Bottom