• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's pretty much on sale now. The price will never go below $30. Wait too long and it'll be $80 before you know it.

ohlawd

It's pretty much on sale now. The price will never go below $30. Wait too long and it'll be $80 before you know it.

lolol I bought Pandora's Tower for the Wii at full price thinking it'll never go down.

It's $30 right now at FS/BB. dafaq are my niche games getting temp. price drops for? >_>

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
lolol I bought Pandora's Tower for the Wii at full price thinking it'll never go down.

It's $30 right now at FS/BB. dafaq are my niche games getting temp. price drops for? >_>

The LE is still selling on the XSEED store too =P

FE usually doesn't drop in price at all and end up rare in a year or two. Oh yeah, I found my PoR the other day. It's in mint condition too somehow. All my older games are hella scratched.

ohlawd

The LE is still selling on the XSEED store too =P

FE usually doesn't drop in price at all and end up rare in a year or two. Oh yeah, I found my PoR the other day. It's in mint condition too somehow. All my older games are hella scratched.

damn XSEED has a nice site. never been there before; love how minimal it is.

yeah I can see that. No more copies in the wild but good news is that the game is on the eShop for digital fun. Hey great, you found PoR. Now it's time for you to ship that to me and someone else to lend me RD so I can finally check out dem console FEs :)

Saw someone else post that they bought RD for.... 35 bucks, was it? It was sealed and the purchase was recent, too. Where the heck do I find these shops? LAWD.

Servbot24

Banned
made it through the first section of the game
when chrom gets married... for some reason he married sully? seems so random. she's never in the story and i never play as her
without letting anyone die. playing on hard mode even though this is my only fe game aside from por which i played several years ago. had to restart the game many times, but i am definitely loving it so far. this game is causing me to neglect bioshock infinite :p (which i kinda just feel like playing through to get out of the way :( )

demidar

when chrom gets married... for some reason he married sully? seems so random. she's never in the story and i never play as her
without letting anyone die. playing on hard mode even though this is my only fe game aside from por which i played several years ago. had to restart the game many times, but i am definitely loving it so far. this game is causing me to neglect bioshock infinite :p (which i kinda just feel like playing through to get out of the way :( )

Chrom married Sully? You have my condolences.

Anteo

Poor poor
Lucina
=/.

Oxx

It's barely even a choice. The game doesn't exactly make Crom's
marriage
black and white, and considering Sully is one of the first characters you meet, there's a good chance she gets some supports.

Yes, I ended-up with Sully

KePoW

Banned
marriage
black and white, and considering Sully is one of the first characters you meet, there's a good chance she gets some supports.

Well if you know the mechanics of how the marriage works on the second playthrough, you can choose whoever you want.

I also ended up with Sully my first playthrough... it sucked =P

OMG Aero

Potentially stupid question, but if I have a healer paired up with another unit is there any way to have them heal their partner without splitting up?
I can't see an option to do so when I pick the staff option and it seems dumb to me that in order to do so I would have to split the unit up (which uses up both unit's turn) then I have to wait until the next turn before I can heal them.

McNum

Potentially stupid question, but if I have a healer paired up with another unit is there any way to have them heal their partner without splitting up?
I can't see an option to do so when I pick the staff option and it seems dumb to me that in order to do so I would have to split the unit up (which uses up both unit's turn) then I have to wait until the next turn before I can heal them.
No, you can't have the healer heal their Pair Up partner. You have to be next to a unit to heal (unless you have a Physic Staff and that still can't touch range 0) and paired units are in the same space. Also to heal someone, the healer unit must be in front, so you can't heal and then switch out to hide your healer for the enemy phase.

demidar

I don't think so, you'll have to either split or transfer the healer to another single unit and have them switch.

Oxx

I just realised that my strongest character (Noire) is still unmarried

Scandalous.

But the only dude left is Brady.

Chrom

It doesn't work like that since staff ranges are never less than 1 space away from the caster, and a Paired Up unit is less than 1 space away from the caster.

KePoW

Banned

That's why you should typically have more than 1 healer on your team.

ohlawd

I just realised that my strongest character (Noire) is still unmarried

Scandalous.

But the only dude left is Brady.

Let me marry your Noire.

I'll treat her real nice.

and yo, your avatar is wack. Isabelle's the only one who could eat me.

Servbot24

Banned
marriage

If I had known better I would have made sure to have Chrom fight alongside Ana as much as possible... assuming he can't marry Panne that is.

Javier

Only reason I'm marrying Chrom to Sully in my current run is because of Support Log completion. Once I'm done with this run I intend to never marry those two again.

Chrom's brides: Robin > Olivia > Sumia > Maribelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sully

Only reason I'm marrying Chrom to Sully in my current run is because of Support Log completion. Once I'm done with this run I intend to never marry those two again.

Chrom's brides: Robin > Olivia > Sumia > Maribelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sully

That's why Chrom and Sully was absolutely the first pairing when hunting for supports I did just so I would have to do them again.

Too bad I still have every other damn marriage and their kid left...

CorvoSol

So the EXP DLC has been a huge ass waste of my time and money. It's too much effort to just send a character in there and get them up levels, especially with the bullshit counter that the worthwhile entombed have anyway. I still have six couples to grind and this is just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Is there NO way to speed up the grinding process?

PK Gaming

You're looking at the fastest way to grind in the game.

Here's a tip, you can bypass counter with characters that have ranged attacks.

>.> Why do people give Sully to Chrom if they take Sumia? Maribelle and Olivia is still available.

They're a really good combat pair when S-ranked. Oh and Sully!Lucina has good bases + Discipline to level up her lance rank as a Great Lord. Those are pretty much the best 2 reasons.

So the EXP DLC has been a huge ass waste of my time and money. It's too much effort to just send a character in there and get them up levels, especially with the bullshit counter that the worthwhile entombed have anyway. I still have six couples to grind and this is just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

The EXP DLC is a great way to get units up to speed. Grinding out skills and through multiple reclassing? Not so much.

Summoning risens or legacy Spotpass characters would be faster assuming your pair can solo the map.

CorvoSol

You're looking at the fastest way to grind in the game.

Here's a tip, you can bypass counter with characters that have ranged attacks.

There must be some better way. Making the stupid mad scramble up there only to be able to kill at best three of them before the end of it is super ineffective, especially since at level two jobs the weaker ones might yield no more than 10xp. I spend more time mashing start through the goofy french than I do gaining exp.

PK Gaming

Obligatory Sully sucks post

What? No, she's one of the best units in the game. Not the prettiest gal in the game, but she's really, really good.

There must be some better way. Making the stupid mad scramble up there only to be able to kill at best three of them before the end of it is super ineffective, especially since at level two jobs the weaker ones might yield no more than 10xp. I spend more time mashing start through the goofy french than I do gaining exp.

You can skip her text by pressing start.

GamerSoul

Lunatic is kicking my ass and then some. Makes hard mode look like child's play. :/ not giving up and I will definitely be griding often and early lol.

What? No, she's one of the best units in the game. Not the prettiest gal in the game, but she's really, really good.

I dig the short hair and her flare. Not a lot of FE characters can match that from my experience. And yea she's always a solid unit imo. My swordmaster Sully cannot be touched and her strength exceptionally well my first playthrough.

PK Gaming

Which is why I said "mashing start."

There's no way...

Sigh, I shouldn't post this late at night. I don't know what else to say... the DLC was fine for me. I could get a lower level unit up to par very quickly. If you really want to power level then you need to stick with it and find something that works for you. Good luck.

Bring 4 magic users with rescue staves to allow your weak unit to attack every turn.

The 5th unit pairs up with your weak unit. is someone strong with high support level with your weak unit to help kill.

Forge a e rank weapon 5might 3 hit.

Dont attack risen with counter until you get enough rank to equip 1-2 range weapon. Like javelin or handaxe to avoid counter.

Equip paragon.

Enjoy your easy exp.

CorvoSol

There's no way...
Sigh.

?

Bring 4 magic users with rescue staves to allow your weak unit to attack every turn.

The 5th unit pairs up with your weak unit. is someone strong with high support level with your weak unit to help kill.

Forge a e rank weapon 5might 3 hit.

Dont attack risen with counter until you get enough rank to equip 1-2 range weapon. Like javelin or handaxe to avoid counter.

Equip paragon.

Enjoy your easy exp.

Is Paragon a DLC skill? I don't think I have that one. Mostly though, I've just been spamming handaxes at the things. It just doesn't seem as efficient as sending someone to Harvest Scramble with Chrom and a pack of elixirs or whatever.

?

Is Paragon a DLC skill? I don't think I have that one. Mostly though, I've just been spamming handaxes at the things. It just doesn't seem as efficient as sending someone to Harvest Scramble with Chrom and a pack of elixirs or whatever.

Its a dlc skill but you dont need it. Just do what i said above and you"ll be fine.

CorvoSol

Its a dlc skill but you dont need it. Just do what i said above and you"ll be fine.

Sounds okay. I'll have to check and see if I have four staff users in my party at the moment. Still kinda feels like a waste for 2.50, though. I guess I wasn't expecting the enemies to just leave the screen? It seems like an unnecessary challenge for what was advertised as a "how to grind super fast." sorta thing.

Sounds okay. I'll have to check and see if I have four staff users in my party at the moment. Still kinda feels like a waste for 2.50, though. I guess I wasn't expecting the enemies to just leave the screen? It seems like an unnecessary challenge for what was advertised as a "how to grind super fast." sorta thing.

Risen battles are way better for grinding through reclasses for skills and such, mostly because you can turn animations off and just sit in the middle of the map and let them come to you. I wish the entombed in the DLC also did that but alas, it's kind of a pain in the ass.

shalshaska

Neo Member

That was exactly what I thought when first unlocked Outrealm Gate and bought the DLC Pack. Seemed like a waste of money. The risens don't attack, okay that's good. But they run away pretty fast, not good. I could only kill those lowest level risens with 20 HP.

You just settle for it for the moment. Don't let those running away high HP risens bother you.

Now I mix high level characters with low/mid level characters to kill all those risens before they are gone.

If only the DLC has setting to choose how many risens and their level, I would make them to be the 48 and 65 HP. My Female MU needs a lot of killing of 65 HP risens to rack decent exp.

Oh yeah today is Libra's birthday. I haven't been a good cupid and find him the best bride. Any idea, gaffers?

Top Bottom