• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Oxx

Just equip a tome, bow, or javelin and exponential growth is a useful hang-out.

For the mid-game, at least. After a while even that map doesn't give enough exp.

Sounds okay. I'll have to check and see if I have four staff users in my party at the moment. Still kinda feels like a waste for 2.50, though. I guess I wasn't expecting the enemies to just leave the screen? It seems like an unnecessary challenge for what was advertised as a "how to grind super fast." sorta thing.

It works great but you may be doing it too early. Don't bother using it until you get access to shops that sell seals. By then, your units should be able to kill 33's, maybe even 48's. it'll be a lot better then. Besides, why bother levelling if you can't reclass?

CorvoSol

It works great but you may be doing it too early. Don't bother using it until you get access to shops that sell seals. By then, your units should be able to kill 33's, maybe even 48's. it'll be a lot better then. Besides, why bother levelling if you can't reclass?

I'm at chapter 17, so I have access to the Second Seals. I've been grinding to get all my couples through their classes so I can decide which abilities I want and all. I only bought the DLC because I thought it would help the grinding, but for 250 it definitely has not met my expectations.

Chrom

In the long run I wouldn't recommend using EXPonential Growth to grind. It makes sense to use for your really weak units, but something like Lost Bloodlines or Rogues & Redeemers 3 easily outdo it as a grinding map.

In the long run I wouldn't recommend using EXPonential Growth to grind. It makes sense to use for your really weak units, but something like Lost Bloodlines or Rogues & Redeemers 3 easily outdo it as a grinding map.

EXPonential is great for units you haven't touched. I hit a wall with R&R1 (too many units die on turn 1), so I haven't used it yet.

McNum

Ah, and that's Side Story 21 done. Not too bad, really. Was kind of easy after doing RaR3. The EU DLC difficulty curve is just all over the place.

Speaking of difficulty all over the place: Side Story 22. The Wellspring of Truth. Um... yikes? The team that beat RaR3 will face... the team that beat RaR3? I made my Morgan nearly unkillable... and now I'm facing her in combat? I mean I could just NOT field her this fight, but you know, that's the easy way out.

Any tips? What do the clones get and what don't they? Do they get copies of my weapons? I know they can't Pair Up, so if all else fails, I can have my Morgan face her counterpart but with Inigo providing backup. She'll be ahead on stats then.

I don't think I'll be doing the Master Seal stunt for it. Even if it's hilarious.

Ah, and that's Side Story 21 done. Not too bad, really. Was kind of easy after doing RaR3. The EU DLC difficulty curve is just all over the place.

Speaking of difficulty all over the place: Side Story 22. The Wellspring of Truth. Um... yikes? The team that beat RaR3 will face... the team that beat RaR3? I made my Morgan nearly unkillable... and now I'm facing her in combat? I mean I could just NOT field her this fight, but you know, that's the easy way out.

Any tips? What do the clones get and what don't they? Do they get copies of my weapons? I know they can't Pair Up, so if all else fails, I can have my Morgan face her counterpart but with Inigo providing backup. She'll be ahead on stats then.

I don't think I'll be doing the Master Seal stunt for it. Even if it's hilarious.

They get Silver and B-rank? ranged weapons.

Yes, abuse pair up and don't give your units skills that could in any way harm you like Sol or Luna or a bunch of other things.

You could also use SpotPass units as fodder.

McNum

They get Silver and B-rank? ranged weapons.

Yes, abuse pair up and don't give your units skills that could in any way harm you like Sol or Luna or a bunch of other things.

You could also use SpotPass units as fodder.
So showing up with Brave Weapons gives me an advantage. What do Manaketes get? DS or DS+?

I'd imagine skills that boost support and pair up bonuses are the way to go here. The AI can't do anything with Dual Guard+. Galeforce might be good, too, because I'll be the only one able to get kills without the game mysteriously starting over.

I'll leave the Lunas, Astras, Aethers, and Ignises at home, though. Why is Sol bad? It does no bonus damage.

But I think, maybe, the biggest edge that I'll have is that I'm not the AI. Getting lured into a pack of waiting enemies is what the AI does, I don't. Unless I outclass them all and just want to see them rush to their doom.

So showing up with Brave Weapons gives me an advantage. What do Manaketes get? DS or DS+?

I'd imagine skills that boost support and pair up bonuses are the way to go here. The AI can't do anything with Dual Guard+. Galeforce might be good, too, because I'll be the only one able to get kills without the game mysteriously starting over.

I'll leave the Lunas, Astras, Aethers, and Ignises at home, though. Why is Sol bad? It does no bonus damage.

But I think, maybe, the biggest edge that I'll have is that I'm not the AI. Getting lured into a pack of waiting enemies is what the AI does, I don't. Unless I outclass them all and just want to see them rush to their doom.

A slight one. I imagine DS+ though I never had them in the chapter.

I guess Sol can be bad since they could heal off some damage, making it more risky or whatever. I took no chances with that stage.

But yeah, basically take advantage of things the AI won't do like pair up and abuse support bonuses.

Anteo

Don't put anyone with lethality. I did =/

McNum

Don't put anyone with lethality. I did =/
Ouch. Only Panne has Lethality, and I won't be fielding her.

I'm thinking i should field my Streetpass team. See if I can beat it myself. While both Morgan and Tiki have Limit Breaker equipped, they aren't re-capped yet.

GamerSoul

I was able to beat that paralogue after almost removing everyone's skills.Can't have the enemy using Rallies better than me like that. It was very trial and error for me. And Painful, can't forget that.

Anteo

Ouch. Only Panne has Lethality, and I won't be fielding her.

I'm thinking i should field my Streetpass team. See if I can beat it myself. While both Morgan and Tiki have Limit Breaker equipped, they aren't re-capped yet.

At that time, my team had many units with lethality: Say'ri, Gauis, Panne, Lucina(+RK), Morgan(M)(+RK), etc. It was awful, I really thought it wouldn't trigger on my units. Was wrong.

McNum

Well, it's too late to try it now, Cynthia is telling me to go to bed soon, but I think my problem and solution is the same here.

Morgan is by far my most powerful character. Manakete, Limit Breaker, Sol, Aegis, Pavise, Dual Guard+. She's a powerhouse that can wreck any of my other characters. Which is GOOD since that's who she'll be fighting. But it's also BAD because... they'll get one, too. I suppose the strategy will have to be Morgan seeking out her counterpart fast. As long as mirror Chrom doesn't get the Falchion, there won't be any dragon effective weapons there.

Also, I can't forget keeping
Aversa
safe. Lissa will have to be up with a Rescue Staff for that.

Frost_Ace

You guys have to remind that enemy units don't pair up, so just unequip any dangerous skill like the breakers/lethality/pavise/aegis, and you'll still have a huge advantage pairing up units and taking advantage of support levels.

GamerSoul

You guys have to remind that enemy units don't pair up, so just unequip any dangerous skill like the breakers/lethality/pavise/aegis, and you'll still have a huge advantage pairing up units and taking advantage of support levels.

Very true. I remember now that was how I got through it. It's coming back me to now. Gotta pair up to get an advantage.

Change all your male units to sages, and female units to dark fliers.

Remove all your defensive skills

Equip Galeforce, and offensive procs such as Luna.

Equip all your units with forged Celicas Gale.

Pair up male sages with dark fliers, especially ones that have high support.

If dual strike activates every time and both units have celicas gale, you will get a total of twelve attacks, six before the enemy can counterattack and four chances to trigger Luna.

With Galeforce allowing you to kill 3 units per turn, finish the level on turn 2 without taking any damage

GamerSoul

Anybody know any way to level up units in Lunatic mode without DLC? I made it to chapter 4 and I now have the option to use Bonus Box teams, fight Risens, etc but they're all ridiculously strong at this point. My units, other than Fred, don't stand a chance.

Ah Side story 22. A paired sorcerer tactician (with all but def and res maxed) with Aversas Night sorted that out but I'd rather retry using less lame tactics (oh who am I kidding I'll probably deploy weak units and soften by Mire snipe). If I wanted to be really lame I'd get some bonus box units then it would not matter if they died.

I like how it reminded me of how rubbish my Chrom is when the mirror Chrom has far better stats (I'm guessing it uses internal level somehow or takes you and adds hard mode boosts).

Anybody know any way to level up units in Lunatic mode without DLC? I made it to chapter 4 and I now have the option to use Bonus Box teams, fight Risens, etc but they're all ridiculously strong at this point. My units, other than Fred, don't stand a chance.
Bonus Box teams give 1 exp so don't bother with those. Lunatic can be generalised as either retry the first few chapters until you get god mode Chrom and tactician (preferably female) or buy DLC to grind and possibly use a few other characters (but the most the cast will still be benched). This makes me wonder if brutally murdering most of the cast and barracks abusing is another way.

Labadal

WARNING! Don't read the spoiler if you haven't beaten the game. WARNING!

Wow, that was a long support conversation involving
Lucina and Kjelle. They are sisters in my game.
All the supports involving them have been really funny so far.

Anbec7

I finally got the game :D I´m on chapter 6 or 7
and I just had 3 rage quits (Why do you always die Lon´qu???) I had no problem with the others dying.

So any tips? It´s my first time playing this game currently normal/classic.

Frost_Ace

I finally got the game :D I´m on chapter 6 or 7
and I just had 3 rage quits (Why do you always die Lon´qu???) I had no problem with the others dying.

So any tips? It´s my first time playing this game currently normal/classic.

Pair up lon'qu with someone that gives him more defense, maybe Frederik?

Labadal

Question: How important is it to use second seals? I've only used it on two or three characters, the rest kept their starter class and was given a master seal. Am I doing it wrong? Should characters be trained in many different classes?

Javier

Question: How important is it to use second seals? I've only used it on two or three characters, the rest kept their starter class and was given a master seal. Am I doing it wrong? Should characters be trained in many different classes?
There's really no way to train a character wrong (mainly because everything is fixable in this game), but you want to use Second Seals mainly because:

1) Each class teaches different skills and when a character learns a skill, it's learned permanently and can be used regardless of class (with very few exceptions such as the Dancer skills). It is generally recommended to change to Dark Flier everyone who has access to the class, since it teaches Galeforce which is one of the best skills in the game.

2) If you use a Second Seal on someone who has reached Lv. 20 promoted, you can send him/her back to Lv.1 so he/she can keep gaining levels. This means you can train characters infinitely until they stat cap everything.

3) Special classes like Villager, Dancer, Manakete and Taguel don't promote, so you can only class change them through Second Seals. It's absolutely required for Donnell, since Villager has very low caps and he won't be of any use in lategame if you keep him like that.

Chrom

You don't need to use Second Seals at all to play through the game, but they're what makes it possible for units to learn new skills that they otherwise wouldn't know with just a simple Master Seal. Second Seals are pivotal for grinding your characters.

Labadal

There's really no way to train a character wrong (mainly because everything is fixable in this game), but you want to use Second Seals mainly because:

1) Each class teaches different skills and when a character learns a skill, it's learned permanently and can be used regardless of class (with very few exceptions such as the Dancer skills). It is generally recommended to change to Dark Flier everyone who has access to the class, since it teaches Galeforce which is one of the best skills in the game.

2) If you use a Second Seal on someone who has reached Lv. 20 promoted, you can send him/her back to Lv.1 so he/she can keep gaining levels. This means you can train characters infinitely until they stat cap everything.

3) Special classes like Villager, Dancer, Manakete and Taguel don't promote, so you can only class change them through Second Seals. It's absolutely required for Donnell, since Villager has very low caps and he won't be of any use in lategame if you keep him like that.

Yeah, I changed Donnel's class to Mercenary not long ago. I was thinking about Panne and Nowl. I'll change them into melee fighters. I've also done one more class change with second seal, but can't remember who. My dancer is only level 9 so far, but I'm not sure I want her to change class.

You don't need to use Second Seals at all to play through the game, but they're what makes it possible for units to learn new skills that they otherwise wouldn't know with just a simple Master Seal. Second Seals are pivotal for grinding your characters.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

GamerSoul

Bonus Box teams give 1 exp so don't bother with those. Lunatic can be generalised as either retry the first few chapters until you get god mode Chrom and tactician (preferably female) or buy DLC to grind and possibly use a few other characters (but the most the cast will still be benched). This makes me wonder if brutally murdering most of the cast and barracks abusing is another way.

Yea I figured those were my main options. Dang. My fred turned out great but I couldn't get chrom to level up much. Ill probably wait til I get the dlc or something to try again.

Li Kao

Please excuse the uninformed question but did the EU version of the 'Summer scramble' DLC have been redrawn with a cape too ?

Gustav

Banned
Guys, I stopped playing the game because of the missing feet. How weird am I? The goat people are just creeping me the fuck out.

Celegus

Guys, I stopped playing the game because of the missing feet. How weird am I? The goat people are just creeping me the fuck out.

Can you just hold a piece of paper over the bottom quarter of the screen during cutscenes and pretend they're there? Or just skip them? You're really missing out!

Miker

Silly question that's probably already been asked, but here it is anyway:

On casual mode, if a unit dies, does he or she lose all support points? My gf is doing her second playthrough on hard/casual and her supports are a lot slower than they should be.

Chrom

Silly question that's probably already been asked, but here it is anyway:

On casual mode, if a unit dies, does he or she lose all support points? My gf is doing her second playthrough on hard/casual and her supports are a lot slower than they should be.

Nah, I don't think so.

PBalfredo

So what exactly happens if I got a character with both Sol and Luna? When I attack does it do skill checks for each skill individually, or one skill check and then determines which to use? If so, how does it decide which to use?

Top Bottom