• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ohlawd

So what exactly happens if I got a character with both Sol and Luna? When I attack does it do skill checks for each skill individually, or one skill check and then determines which to use? If so, how does it decide which to use?

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance

So it'll roll for Sol first since it's higher on the priority list and if that don't work, it'll roll for Luna next.

Chrom

So what exactly happens if I got a character with both Sol and Luna? When I attack does it do skill checks for each skill individually, or one skill check and then determines which to use? If so, how does it decide which to use?

Each skill is checked individually when necessary. Since Sol has a higher priority than Luna, it gets checked first. If it fails, Luna is checked.

lupin23rd

Just starting on The Future Past maps and am having trouble getting out of the first turn without Noire getting killed by two longbow archers.

I read that the ally children units' stats are dependent on the parents, is this true? And do the parents actually have to be on the map?

Chrom

Just starting on The Future Past maps and am having trouble getting out of the first turn without Noire getting killed by two longbow archers.

I read that the ally children units' stats are dependent on the parents, is this true? And do the parents actually have to be on the map?

Indeed their stats do depend on their parents, regardless if the parents are there or not, I believe.

ohlawd

Yup, their stats depend on the parents. The children's last two skills are dependent on the mom and dad's last skill, too.

The parents don't have to be on the map but you do trigger special conversations if you manage to have a parent standby adjacent to the allied children. There's also a conversation if you get the same kid on standby.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Happy Birthday to mai waifu <3
fUyNkzC.jpg

jM2HHx2.jpg

oKobnux.jpg

PsBBoc7.jpg

FDnAizY.jpg

5O3URhS.jpg

upiDHyM.jpg

YrL8QIw.jpg

UrWB5WW.jpg

ohlawd

Not the 7th here yet but happy burrday to the best redhead in existence, Cordelia!

Pics 3, 4, and 5 are the only good ones D:

Putting Pavise as Tharja's last skill will help Noire survive longer.

Give some of your units galeforce to reach the archers on the first turn

EDIT: I just checked the map and those archers are not even that far away, any flying unit can reach them

akaoni

Banned
Should you wait until lvl 20 before you change to an advanced class or do you end up getting the same stats you would get by that point anyway when you advance at lvl 10?

FSLink

Banned
Should you wait until lvl 20 before you change to an advanced class or do you end up getting the same stats you would get by that point anyway when you advance at lvl 10?

Second Seal at 10/Master Seal at 20, but with there being so many ways to get EXP in this game, it doesn't matter.

Solune

I don't think it's insane importing a design book. Lots of specialty shops distribute that stuff because there's a market after all. I asked UDON if they were interested in Knights of the Iris and of course they expressed interest but didn't say anything specific.

Markun

Happy birthday to Kincaido's yome. She gave me a Finn's Lance. She certainly knows how to treat a guy right.

Ohh next week is bestest son's birthday. I better prepare something for then.

Synless

I finally decided to play this. Who are the best people to marry together if Chrom is w/ my unit? Also, what is the single most useful dlc pack I should buy? I will only get one so which is the best?

ohlawd

I finally decided to play this. Who are the best people to marry together if Chrom is w/ my unit? Also, what is the single most useful dlc pack I should buy? I will only get one so which is the best?

Don't even bother with min/maxing on your 1st run.

Make your own pairings.

I was told this before when I first got the game, why is it that I should wait?

It'll take away from the enjoyment of pairing up characters based off looks and personalities. I mean you could if you want to, to make super babies on your first run, but it would probably take away from the thrill of being matchmaker.

Draxal

It'll take away from the enjoyment of pairing up characters based off looks and personalities. I mean you could if you want to, to make super babies on your first run, but it would probably take away from the thrill of being matchmaker.

It also completely destroys the difficulty of the game (grinding galeforce for owain/brady/inigo).

Synless

It also completely destroys the difficulty of the game (grinding galeforce for owain/brady/inigo).

I will almost assuredly be going through this game only one time. My backlog will not allow for multiple playthroughs. I would rather make a super team first time through. So if anyone could tell me the best pairings, I would appreciate it.

I will almost assuredly be going through this game only one time. My backlog will not allow for multiple playthroughs. I would rather make a super team first time through. So if anyone could tell me the best pairings, I would appreciate it.

Let the man do what he wants.

Keep in mind that "best pairings" are subjective, but the following are best or very good to most people.

The format is Father!Child
Chrom!Inigo
Ricken!Owain
Gregor!Brady
Henry!Cynthia
Frederick!Severa
Donnel!Kjelle
Gaius!Noire
Vaike!Nah
Stahl!Gerome
Kellam!Yarne
Lonqu!Laurent

MyUnit is considered god tier so you can replace any of the above with him. If your character is female marry to Chrom for two super kids

Synless

Let the man do what he wants.

Keep in mind that "best pairings" are subjective, but the following are best or very good to most people.

The format is Father!Child
Chrom!Inigo
Ricken!Owain
Gregor!Brady
Henry!Cynthia
Frederick!Severa
Donnel!Kjelle
Gaius!Noire
Vaike!Nah
Stahl!Gerome
Kellam!Yarne
Lonqu!Laurent

MyUnit is considered god tier so you can replace any of the above with him. If your character is female marry to Chrom for two super kids
One more question, who are the wives? I have my female MU with Chrom already.

Markun

Just to add to that list, since you seem to have your heart set on marrying your avatar to Chrom, have Olivia hitch with Libra instead of Chrom. From what I've read that Inigo makes a really great Sorcerer.

Is Donnel worth leveling up? I'm on the easiest difficulty and the dude still gets 1-shotted all the damn time.

If you baby him up to level 10, you can use a second seal to change his class and watch things die around him.

Or not. He can become great but really isn't all that necessary.

Anteo

Is Donnel worth leveling up? I'm on the easiest difficulty and the dude still gets 1-shotted all the damn time.

Yes, he will carry the team after that, In my first playthrough he soloed the last boss and killed all the reinfocements (like 10 untis) by himself, while everyone else had a hard time on that stage.

Celegus

I totally agree with this. I glanced through the thread when I was first starting the game and got a little intimidated by who I should be pairing up with who. But if you're playing on Normal, the game is really not that hard. I wouldn't worry about it - you'll be fine with whoever ends up getting hitched.

CorvoSol

Still have 11 characters to skill grind before resuming the plot, and now I have Animal Crossing New Leaf. Summer can't end never.

And I missed my waifu's birthday.

ohlawd

Making a super team takes time, too. Kinda weird no one brought that up :p

If you just wanna rush the game so you can clear the backlog, I wouldn't bother with a super team at all. It'd be faster playing the game at your own pace with no planning.

I dove in head first and I'm playing Classic Hard, by the way.

It has been very slow going. I have been trying to let people die and not reset, but the poo poo usually hits the fan when one person goes down. The line breaks, so to speak, and everyone else goes shortly after. Eventually they get my avatar or Chrom and then that's that, I'm restarting from the last save anyway.

I find myself grinding a lot, leaning on the free download missions when I need to bulk up. I have made a few smart class change decisions, but I dead-ended my avatar about a week ago as a grandmaster. I decided to pull him back down to tactition. I hope I can build him up stronger this time around.

Just saw youre playing Hard

Equip MU with veteran and pair up with Chrom with DS+ and DG+ for faster leveling

1. Switch to Mymridon and level to 10 for Vantage
2. Switch to Mercenary for Armsthrift
3. Promote to Hero at level 20 and level to 5 for Sol
4. Switch to General at level 10 and level to 15 for Pavise
5. Same for paladin if you want Aegis
6.Switch back to Hero

Male MU - Hero with Ragnell or Helswath
Sol
Vantage
Armsthrift
Pavise
Filler (Aegis, Wrath, Axe/Swordfaire)

Pair with Chrom for DS+ and DG+

Enjoy

So Gaius and Olivia's supports are also about pies but not as creepy as Sumia's and Chrom's.

I have 8 more males left to pair with every other female for ALL THE SUPPORTS EVER.

I just hate Brady's, Gerome's and Servea's stages.

Just saw youre playing Hard

Equip MU with veteran and pair up with Chrom with DS+ and DG+ for faster leveling

1. Switch to Mymridon and level to 10 for Vantage
2. Switch to Mercenary for Armsthrift
3. Promote to Hero at level 20 and level to 5 for Sol
4. Switch to General at level 15 and level to 15 for Pavise
5. Same for paladin if you want Aegis
6.Switch back to Hero

Male MU - Hero with Ragnell or Helswath
Sol
Vantage
Armsthrift
Pavise
Filler (Aegis, Wrath, Axe/Swordfaire)

Pair with Chrom for DS+ and DG+

Enjoy
Thanks! Gives me something to do on lunch break tomorrow.

Um Radiant Hero Paralogue....what?!

Is it feasible to beat it with just my core team? I don't think/want to have level up the dead weight

Also the guys stats & abilities are insane. Luck enough my Donny is nearly a level 20 Hero with nearly the same stats & solid abilities.

Andrew J.

I had a dream about SMT X Fire Emblem last night...sort of.

I was playing Awakening, grinding out supports on the coliseum map, not really paying close attention, when I attack this mounted unit. To my surprise, I hardly do any damage. I look closer, and the enemy unit is actually the Red Rider demon. I switch to stronger weapons and attack some more, still not hurting him much. The game drops some kind of hint that there's a special weapon somewhere that will be effective against him, but with no way to get it I decide to quit before my units get killed.

Very strange experience, all told.

Top Bottom