• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Labadal

Wow, I married a character that joins later in the game and our child is untouchable. We were both sword masters, our daughter started as a myrmidon but I changed that when I felt the time was right. We are now a little army of death that can barely get hit.

MEGA UBER SPOILER Don't read if you haven't beaten the game.
I did the fight in
Walhart's throne room
and it was actually one of the easier fights near the end game. The way the map was laid out actually benefitted my team without me having a clue about it.

goldensun

I kind of wish I hadn't grinded the DLC EXP map... game is way too easy now. I think once I start using master seals I'm not going to grind the map anymore and try to play the game with somewhat of a challenge.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Anyways I keep chugging along...

And I tend to only focus on a small group of characters, they get most of the action while the rest of the crew sits on the back.

Is that usual for everyone?

Also Chrom's daughter keeps suiciding damnit

See, I would focus on a small group, but it pains me to pick and choose a few characters and let the others rot. I guess that's something I should get over, huh?

Servbot24

Banned
This game keeps kicking my ass but I can't put it down. On chapter 14 now I think. Just figured out about using seals, so I completely wasted several battles worth of experience while Me, Chrom and Frederick were maxed. Oh well. :p

Also just found out that guy you're supposed to recruit from Paralogue 1 is supposedly really good, and I already cast him aside without a second thought. :(

See, I would focus on a small group, but it pains me to pick and choose a few characters and let the others rot. I guess that's something I should get over, huh?

Well depends on how much you want to grind outside of the main story. It's not impossible to have everyone at around the same level all the time, it'll just take more time to do so.

If you want to, you could spend the time leveling up the people you want (even if it's a lot of people) to around the same level and choose whoever you like to use in story missions.

onionfrog

Hard mode was only hard for the first few chapters. After that Chrom, FeMU and Donnel were gradually becoming untouchable.

Now Morgan(FeMU x Donnel) is soloing the entire second half of the game.

I guess lunatic mode is next

Gambit

Finifhsed the final spotpass DLC. Took a few retries, because people kept dying. Finally, I decided to just send out a very small team.

That did the trick. Morgan+Avatar and Noire+Brady were untouchable.

So what now? don't make me get the DLC, Nintendo.

Anteo

For the last two battles, I thought I had beaten the game. I actually think this one is really the last main story battle.

The title of the last chapter makes it clear that is actually the last chapter. It's in the title!
The name is:
ENDGAME
yep, exactly that.

Anteo

Is turning my MU to a grand master a good idea? Furthermore, is it good to use the seals on all my characters?

Promote is always good, no matter what class you get. So go for grandmaster. DO try to wait until you are level 20 or close in the base clase for the first promote.
You can aquire selas at stores later in the game (both type of seals) so promote and second seal as many units as you want. Do not burn yourself training way too many units or you may get tired of the game (if you actually enjoy doing that, go ahead!)

Chrom

Is turning my MU to a grand master a good idea? Furthermore, is it good to use the seals on all my characters?

Indeed it is, to both questions. Remember that in this game, you can level and change your class endlessly, so you should definitely look into experimenting with different classes with your units in the long run. If you find yourself not liking a class, you will always be able to switch to something else eventually.

Promote is always good, no matter what class you get. So go for grandmaster. DO try to wait until you are level 20 or close in the base clase for the first promote.
You can aquire selas at stores later in the game (both type of seals) so promote and second seal as many units as you want. Do not burn yourself training way too many units or you may get tired of the game (if you actually enjoy doing that, go ahead!)

This has happened to me sadly. :(

I'm going to delete my hard file and already started a normal file.

In the hard file, I had everyone level up without the advantage of using the DLC maps so I mostly depended on Reeking boxes which cost a ton of money.

Then there is the money I poured into Master Seals.

Also reclassing my Avatar to bad classes and then switching without getting the ability at each level. >.<^

The enemies were unforgiving to my plight as my Parent units die easily even though most of them are in their 2nd tier class. The kids are powerful though, I mean holy crap Morgan can solo most of the units on the map.

Here goes to another try.

Synless

I had my MU maxed at lvl. 20 before I used it, so that was good then? I can change endlessly then, that's good. How do you determine what class your going to get?

I had my MU maxed at lvl. 20 before I used it, so that was good then? I can change endlessly then, that's good. How do you determine what class your going to get?

Yep. Using a master seal at level 20 just means you got the most level up and stat gains you could have gotten in that class.

Every base class can change into one or two advanced class. Each character themselves have their own class set of three or more base classes that are set. The only difference is that your avatar has access to all the classes (that their gender will permit) and the children get the class sets of their parents.

You can easily check by using a second seal and seeing what classes the character can change into or looking into this handy page on Serenes Forest. (Be warn, it lists all the characters you get in the game, so if you don't want to know that, don't look at it).

Chrom

There will be a screen that shows up where you choose your class right as you use your seal, showing available classes, although you can back out of it if you don't want to change class then.

Class options are determined by the unit's class, and with reclassing (Second Seals), there are additional class options that are unique to each unit. For example, all Cavaliers will have access to Paladin and Great Knight, while the option of alternative class trees (usually two others, such as the Knight or Archer lines) are specific to every person you have. Once promoted, reclassing can also let you class down, or demote, to an available base class.

Your Avatar is unique in that they have innate access to almost every class in the game thanks to reclassing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
There will be a screen that shows up where you choose your class right as you use your seal, showing available classes, although you can back out of it if you don't want to change class then.

Class options are determined by the unit's class, and with reclassing (Second Seals), there are additional class options that are unique to each unit. For example, all Cavaliers will have access to Paladin and Great Knight, while the option of alternative class trees (usually two others, such as the Knight or Archer lines) are specific to every person you have. Once promoted, reclassing can also let you class down, or demote, to an available base class.

Your Avatar is unique in that they have innate access to almost every class in the game thanks to reclassing.

When you demote to a base class, if the character stats are too high do they get reduced to the cap?

When you demote to a base class, if the character stats are too high do they get reduced to the cap?

They get reduced to the new class's max for the stat but the game remembers them so if you go back to the advanced class or a class with higher max stats, you'll gain all the points back in the stat or till you hit the new cap.

KiraFA37

Dammit I also hit a burn out, I've been playing the game straight for over a day now to get all the kids and some of their dialogue. The only persons I haven't been able to level yet are Vaike, Virrion, the bunny taquel (forgot her name -_-) and somebody else (not Kellum ;) ) . Thank god I still got the story, around chapter 20
about the kill the Conquerer
. After I finish my first playthrough it is hard female avatar getting married with Chrom with perma-death instead of resetting, but first I got some more kids to fetch....

Himself

I've seen Beaststone and Beaststone+ in shops. I think they aren't available for some time.

OK I'll have to look around. Just finished Chapter 16. I also just started messing with master seals. Shoulda been doing that all along, but I really had no trouble up until Chapter 16. Lost like 3 essential characters during the battle in
the tree

Javier

That eternal Fire Emblem feeling. (Found them on another board, don't know who the original artist is)

4deasNe.png

Ht7RU81.png

Thanks!

This my first Fire Emblem and it rules. Yet I keep seeing internet people say it's one of the worst Fire Emblems. Really??? Which one should I be playing?

Dont listen to those fools. Awakening takes the best elements of each game and thoroughly improves them by tenfold.

This is the superior fire emblem. i bought a 3ds just for this.

ohlawd

Thanks!

This my first Fire Emblem and it rules. Yet I keep seeing internet people say it's one of the worst Fire Emblems. Really??? Which one should I be playing?

Don't worry about it. Happens to every video game franchise.

This game is aight though. Nothing special.

Draxal

Thanks!

They made the game more accessible (casual) and doesn't have the greatest of stories.

The presentation values and the replay value of the game makes it my favorite.

Frost_Ace

Thanks!

It's a great game, the map design though feels too simplicistic compared to other titles, so the strategic part feels somewhat dumbed down.

Still GotY so far.

Maybe I'll play the Scramble DLC later to celebrate! I might even complete the game now that other 3DS games aren't hogging my time!

D'awwww. Best birthday for best child!

I guess I can load up my first game to celebrate before returning back to support hell.

agidot

Guys... somehow I have U.A.E and Malaysia version of Fire Emblem which didn't come with nintendo club code.... I'm going to buy SMT 4 tomorrow(register both game = free $30 credit).
Someone has a spare FE club code?

I'm so sad right now :(

Top Bottom