• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Crap you have to buy both games, guess I'm not getting this promo. Would love to, but I have other games to buy besides SMT4.

Edit: Maybe if I get the game before August 31st actually. lol

Sadly I didnt had a account when I bought FE digitally so it's not been registered. What a shame

I think you just have to link your 3DS to your Nintendo club account through the E-Shop.

Its near the bottom of settings in the E-Shop.

It should link all your games to your account.

Thats what happened with mine.

Himself

I finally bought this game.

My first Fire Emblem. Casual or Classic?

Classic. It's my first Fire Emblem as well and I feel one of the best aspects of the game is living with the consequences of losing an important team mate during battle. It makes what transpires on the battle field that much more meaningful and some victories can be bittersweet. I say take advantage of the mechanic. And no restarting battles!

It's not like you won't have a whole stable of other team mates to choose from anyway. And the game's difficulty hasn't really ramped up until way later in the game for me. I'm not good at it at all, either.

Classic. It's my first Fire Emblem as well and I feel one of the best aspects of the game is living with the consequences of losing an important team mate during battle. It makes what transpires on the battle field that much more meaningful and some victories can be bittersweet. I say take advantage of the mechanic. And no restarting battles!

It's not like you won't have a whole stable of other team mates to choose from anyway. And the game's difficulty hasn't really ramped up until way later in the game for me. I'm not good at it at all, either.

I sort of don't like the idea of putting time into growing a character only to have them die (Aeris ;_;). If I did lose one I would most likely restart the battle.

Ugh, I want to play but I can't make a decision.

I sort of don't like the idea of putting time into growing a character only to have them die (Aeris ;_;). If I did lose one I would most likely restart the battle.

If you're on the fence, just go for casual. There's the added plus of being to save mid-battle, which increases the portability of the game. I'm doing causal on my first playthrough and have yet to let any of my units die! If they do, I restart and try again.

Or if you're restarting anyways and are the type to play this in a long sitting, just try classic. It's not that much different.

If you're on the fence, just go for casual. There's the added plus of being to save mid-battle, which increases the portability of the game. I'm doing causal on my first playthrough and have yet to let any of my units die! If they do, I restart and try again.

Or if you're restarting anyways and are the type to play this in a long sitting, just try classic. It's not that much different.

How much progress do you lose from restarting?

Saving mid-battle sounds tempting. I'm leaning towards casual.

How much progress do you lose from restarting?

Saving mid-battle sounds tempting. I'm leaning towards casual.
You'll only lose your progress from since your last save, so as long as you save before and after completing a chapter, you should be okay. Restarting only serves to let you redo a chapter to try and not let any units die.

Casual does have the extra crutch of saving in the middle of a chapter. I haven't tried it myself, but I assume you can save before a turn, and if that turn proves fatal to one of your characters, you can restart your file from that save and retry your move. It cheapens the experience a little, though, since the main draw of Fire Emblem is that feeling of completing a full chapter without anyone dying. And I can only imagine that satisfaction is only incrased as you move up to the hard and lunatic difficulty levels.

Anteo

I think you just have to link your 3DS to your Nintendo club account through the E-Shop.

Its near the bottom of settings in the E-Shop.

It should link all your games to your account.

Thats what happened with mine.

I did. My FE was not registered, but my purchases after the link were.

Dont listen to that guy, few people play with no restarting nosense, even those who play in classic like me. Go for casual if you want to learn the basics. If you like the game a lot you may want to replay on clasic.

If this is your first FE and you have no idea what youre doing and you hate losing characters then you must play casual for your own sake. You WILL keep losing characters because you wont have a good understanding of the game mechanics. It will take a while before you can complete a map without losing anyone, so playing on perma death mode where you have to continously restart the level will frustrate you.

Javier

I did. My FE was not registered, but my purchases after the link were.
E-mail Nintendo telling them you downloaded some games before linking your CN account. It happened to me and after a day or two the registered all my previous downloads into my CN account. I even got the surveys.

Anteo

E-mail Nintendo telling them you downloaded some games before linking your CN account. It happened to me and after a day or two the registered all my previous downloads into my CN account. I even got the surveys.

Perfect! Then I'll get to enjoy SMT sooner.

Anteo

Is the Bride class worth a damn? I don't like the skills. And the class would be the only reason I'd want to get Smash Brethren 2.

According to some players in this thread, is the best female class stats wise. Hey we have people turning every female into Brides because fuck you class diversity I want the perfect team

Also, Rally Love is crucial for any cheerleader rally bot.

ohlawd

According to some players in this thread, is the best female class stats wise. Hey we have people turning every female into Brides because fuck you class diversity I want the perfect team

Also, Rally Love is crucial for any cheerleader rally bot.

That would be me. No doubt there are others as well but I took the time to post pics :D

They're balanced as hell stats-wise but I don't like their weapon sets. Shame their sprite on the map is generic to everyone but eh, their battle models are banging.

Anteo

That would be me. No doubt there are others as well but I took the time to post pics :D

They're balanced as hell stats-wise but I don't like their weapon sets. Shame their sprite on the map is generic to everyone but eh, their battle models are banging.

I actually thought it was you but I didnt even know how to start searching for that post because waifu and your nickname is in like every other page =P.

Also thaks to Javier!, I just got the Mail that I can use the FE + SMT promotion now. Buying SMT tomorrow.

takriel

So I'm really digging this game. Seeing as it's my first FE experience, which FE game should I play next? Is there one entry I absolutely should check out?

Tripon

So I'm buying SMT because I want a new RPG, and haven't picked up FE in a month. But with the promotion, I think I'm finally going to buy most of the DLC, despite no bundle at the moment.

Finally going to get Bride and Dread Fighter.

Tripon

Funny because I was just looking it up. Why not?

Because its considered to be generally a step back from previous Fire Emblem games. If you can find a cheap copy of Path of Radiance, (gamecube) or Raident Dawn(Wii), I would suggest trying those. Although, both games are rare now, and cost over $60 used.

You can also play the GBA versions, and those are much easier to find. Scared Stones can still be had for 3-5 dollars.

GamerSoul

Damn you Lunatic mode! lol. I might have to restart again and put ALL my focus into Chrom. He is actually a great unit so far. My Unit is not turning out too good though. And I lost my Sully ;_; crap is brutal. I think I can manage to get a bit further if I keep trying.

Damn you Lunatic mode! lol. I might have to restart again and put ALL my focus into Chrom. He is actually a great unit so far. My Unit is not turning out too good though. And I lost my Sully ;_; crap is brutal. I think I can manage to get a bit further if I keep trying.

I think you mean put all your focus into Frederick, the real name of the game is actually Frederick Emblem

LuchaShaq

Banned
Are any of the DLC's worth it? There looks to be like 100+$ of DLC! Whaaaat?

I'm at like chapter 10 and don't plan on replaying due to no new game plus so I don't want to just buy a bunch of DLC willy nilly.

Chrom

Are any of the DLC's worth it? There looks to be like 100+$ of DLC! Whaaaat?

I'm at like chapter 10 and don't plan on replaying due to no new game plus so I don't want to just buy a bunch of DLC willy nilly.

Nah, all of the DLC's worth like $40 if you buy them all I think.

There are plenty of particularly good ones to look into, though. They make for good postgame stuff.

GamerSoul

I think you mean put all your focus into Frederick, the real name of the game is actually Frederick Emblem

Heh, thanks for the help. I've been getting through it alright on my second try but the sheer amount of units approaching is making hard to survive lol. That dlc is looking more tempting.

And that fe/smtIV deal sounds great. Hopefully we will get more fe sooner rather than later.

Artanisix

Picked this up yesterday and really enjoying it, haven't played a Fire Emblem game since the Gamecube version.

Is Donnel (the villager dude) any good? Kid seems like complete shit but maybe he's a magikarp or something.

Javier

Picked this up yesterday and really enjoying it, haven't played a Fire Emblem game since the Gamecube version.

Is Donnel (the villager dude) any good? Kid seems like complete shit but maybe he's a magikarp or something.
Donnell has bad bases that make him look horrible at first glance, but he has very high growths so he becomes an amazing unit real fast.

General consensus is to train Donnell as a Villager to Level 10-15 (I recommend 15 so he learns another skill), then Second Seal him to Mercenary. Absolute beastly unit.

SuperSah

Banned
Donnell has bad bases that make him look horrible at first glance, but he has very high growths so he becomes an amazing unit real fast.

General consensus is to train Donnell as a Villager to Level 10-15 (I recommend 15 so he learns another skill), then Second Seal him to Mercenary. Absolute beastly unit.

Also was wondering if he was worth it.

Cheers. /Stolenadvice

LuchaShaq

Banned
Nah, all of the DLC's worth like $40 if you buy them all I think.

There are plenty of particularly good ones to look into, though. They make for good postgame stuff.

Any in particular you would recommend? Does Nintendo ever do eshop sales would live to snatch them all in a cheaper bundle or something.

Top Bottom