• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Anteo

Some quick questions about Supports.

Is Morgan's support with the
non-Avatar
parent the same no matter who it is or possibly mostly the same with some minor exceptions? I ask because so far I'm grinding supports and I have a
female Morgan who has the same C support with two different mothers (Cordelia and Lucina)
?
What about siblings, both for
Morgan
and
Lucina
?

And a quick question about the ending.
If I marry Lucina for instance does it change her ending? My first play I ended up with Cordelia and it just says my avatar loves her, the end... Mean while Lucina disappears after speaking to her baby self. I hope if I end with Lucina it isn't just a name swap at the end of my avatar's ending?
I am also hugely disappointed that
I am not truly dead.
I know, it rarely happens but still...

Supports to the other parent or sibiling are almost the same, though they are often adapted to use the personalitiy of the parent (so Virion would comment how inigo inherited one thing from him, that doesn't happen with any other parent). (By other parent I mean the one the child is not tied too, Morgan is always tied to MU, so the mother would be the other parent)

Also I believe that Lucina ending changes if she is married. Same for others really

Javier

My Donnel is a level ~15 Mercenary and all of his stats are maxed out except for Magic and Res. Is it smart to keep him at Merc until 20, or am I wasting levels since barely any stats can even level up right now? And yeah, he is pretty ridiculous once he gets going!
Yeah, that's a good time to promote him. Those five levels probably won't give you much, so might as well give him a Master Seal and keep raising his stats. Resistance sucks for nearly every character anyway, and Magic is a stat Donnell probably won't use much (he'll definitely take Ragnell and Helswath over Levin Sword and Bolt Axe).

turnbuckle

not reading through the whole thread to avoid spoilers. I bought this game day 1 but finally getting started. I see there's a ton of dlc that if added up is more expensive than the game. is there a more affordable way to get access to that content (I.e. unlocked through gameplay, or promotional pricing, club Nintendo discount, etc.)?

I am loving this game so much after the disappointing shadow Dragon. I would like to support the game further but the pricing is just too steep for me atm :(

Chrom

not reading through the whole thread to avoid spoilers. I bought this game day 1 but finally getting started. I see there's a ton of dlc that if added up is more expensive than the game. is there a more affordable way to get access to that content (I.e. unlocked through gameplay, or promotional pricing, club Nintendo discount, etc.)?

I am loving this game so much after the disappointing shadow Dragon. I would like to support the game further but the pricing is just too steep for me atm :(

No.

Celegus

One other question: does it matter at all what level my people are when they get married and spit out a baby? I'm trying to pair up some of my level 2-5 characters I never used to get more kiddies, so are there kids going to suck or is it simply based on the two parents regardless of level/stats?

Javier

Marrying two characters at a low level and keeping them that way means that the child will have low stats when you recruit him/her. However, you can always hold off recruiting the child so you can train the parents to raise their stats and thus, the child will have better stats when you recruit him/her, even after marrying the parents.

You could also miss out on skills that the kid can only get from the parents if you didn't raise the parents to learn the skill in the first place.

Anteo

One other question: does it matter at all what level my people are when they get married and spit out a baby? I'm trying to pair up some of my level 2-5 characters I never used to get more kiddies, so are there kids going to suck or is it simply based on the two parents regardless of level/stats?

No, what matters is the moment you press Start on the recruit mission, you want to set up the skills the child will inherit, also their starting stats will increase acording to the stats of the parents. Again all of this is on the moment you press start on the mission

You can enter the mssion, check out the kid and leave it with no problems. The game will recalculate the stats/skills again when you enter.

GamerSoul

I cannot complete Side Story 1 for the life of me.

I keep getting slaughtered. There's a bunch of enemies.

Imo, it is harder than most other paralogues and I only completed once because im not a bit fan of Donnel lol. It might be a good idea to let your stronger units take the initial hits and then strike with the others. If you can survive the initial wave of enemies it will be more manageable. You also HAVE to level up donnel during the stage or we wont join you.

If you can wait on getting Donnel, try to progress through the story some more and go back to it. It won't go away so you can always go back.

Celegus

No, what matters is the moment you press Start on the recruit mission, you want to set up the skills the child will inherit, also their starting stats will increase acording to the stats of the parents. Again all of this is on the moment you press start on the mission

You can enter the mssion, check out the kid and leave it with no problems. The game will recalculate the stats/skills again when you enter.

Huh, that's kind of interesting. No wonder Chrom's kid sucks so much, Sumia is kind of terrible. That's good to know! I'll try to find a map now to level up Nowi and Sully before I grab their kids.

Javier

It's also a good idea to Pair Up Donnell with a powerful unit in Paralogue 01 to give him boosts high enough so he's not one-shotted.

GamerSoul

It's also a good idea to Pair Up Donnell with a powerful unit in Paralogue 01 to give him boosts high enough so he's not one-shotted.

True.

Man, whoever told me to go with the female Robin in Lunatic, thank you. lol. The Royal family may get me through this. My Lucina is already producing and soon Morgan if I can get beat that damn paralogue. :/

Is playing on Hard the generally recommended difficulty? I'm only on the third mission and... it's fucking hard. One screw up on unit placement and it's a mission restart.

Draxal

Permadeath is on.

To reiterate what Yoshi said, hard/casual is probably better for you and not due to permadeath; but due to allowance of in battle saves.

Some people who play casual reset anyway ( I do at least).

Normal/Classic has been stated to be to easy for a good amount of people.

SuperSah

Banned
Imo, it is harder than most other paralogues and I only completed once because im not a bit fan of Donnel lol. It might be a good idea to let your stronger units take the initial hits and then strike with the others. If you can survive the initial wave of enemies it will be more manageable. You also HAVE to level up donnel during the stage or we wont join you.

If you can wait on getting Donnel, try to progress through the story some more and go back to it. It won't go away so you can always go back.

Thanks. I will try this out! :)

Anteo

Huh, that's kind of interesting. No wonder Chrom's kid sucks so much, Sumia is kind of terrible. That's good to know! I'll try to find a map now to level up Nowi and Sully before I grab their kids.

Well
Lucina
is a special case as you don't have a recruit mission. However that would not happen with any other kid,
including Cynthia. Try to get Sumia to lean Galeforce before that one.

I think I've been grinding too much. Lucina's skill stat is maxed out (46) and I'm only at chapter 15. Is it really easy to max out characters in this game?

I don't know why everyone says Sumia is terrible. She has a better rating than Cordelia in my game and Cordelia is at a higher level.

Anteo

I think I've been grinding too much. Lucina's skill stat is maxed out (46) and I'm only at chapter 15. Is it really easy to max out characters in this game?

Well you also have many awesome skills to choose from. I would say it will take a while for some characters to get Max stats and optimal skill set. Your Lucina may have 46 skill but does she have galeforce?

Well you also have many awesome skills to choose from. I would say it will take a while for some characters to get Max stats and optimal skill set. Your Lucina may have 46 skill but does she have galeforce?

Yes, after she reached lvl 20 as a Lord I changed her to a Pegasus Knight and then to a Dark Flier at lvl 10 for Galeforce. She's now a Great Lord like her dad.

I'm only playing on normal (my first FE) and I don't feel it's necessary to grind for any skills at this point. I'll just focus on completing the story now.

GamerSoul

New players hate pegasus knights because they are weak and fragile out of the gate and need a little babying to make them strong.

Imo Awakening, especially Hard mode, makes it a lot tougher to raise them within the main story. But yea they can be great units..until an archer appears out of nowhere. I wish there was a Delphi shield heh.

On another note, so far my Robin has been carrying most of the load on my fun yet painful Lunatic run. Everyone has a bit of a weakness but her lol. Her defense and magic is amazing and since I managed to recruit Tharja she's been her partner for most of the game, giving her a boost of magic and defense.

I've made a crap load of mistakes but eh, im not restarting for each one. Lost Fred finally, he started to fall behind really badly but he did his job. The worst mistake was not waiting for another master seal for Chrom so he doesn't have Aether yet since I haven't been grinding much. I would have been set! :/ I might try to do that tonight. Feels bad man.

Anteo

Imo Awakening, especially Hard mode, makes it a lot tougher to raise them within the main story. But yea they can be great units..until an archer appears out of nowhere. I wish there was a Delphi shield heh.

On another note, so far my Robin has been carrying most of the load on my fun yet painful Lunatic run. Everyone has a bit of a weakness but her lol. Her defense and magic is amazing and since I managed to recruit Tharja she's been her partner for most of the game, giving her a boost of magic and defense.

I've made a crap load of mistakes but eh, im not restarting for each one. Lost Fred finally, he started to fall behind really badly but he did his job. The worst mistake was not waiting for another master seal for Chrom so he doesn't have Aether yet since I haven't been grinding much. I would have been set! :/ I might try to do that tonight. Feels bad man.

Not really, Sumia starts with so much speed that she can 2x almost anyone on her starting chapter, that makes is really easy. Cordelia is the problem, that's why never used her on my no grind runs

Celegus

Well
Lucina
is a special case as you don't have a recruit mission. However that would not happen with any other kid,
including Cynthia. Try to get Sumia to lean Galeforce before that one.

I've already had Cynthia for a while now, guess I missed out on that skill. She hit level 20 and moved to the next class already, but she's still just not very good. Cordelia, Cherche and Morgan (Dark Flier) are absolute machines though. Sumia always just seemed so much weaker, so I used her more as a transport.

Just woke up from a dream where Severa x Owain is canon and Lucina sends Gerome, Inigo and Owain to stealth kill Validar. For some reason Gerome has shadow bind technique like Shikamaru from Naruto (probably cause Ive been watching Naruto recently) . They ambush validar and gerome binds him but validar is too strong and breaks free and impales owain through the heart and kills him, just as severa kjelle and noire arrive as reinforcements. Validar disappears and severa goes into a mental breakdown at seeing dead owain. Back at camp severa bitch slaps lucina for doing something dangerous and challenges her for the position pf commander of their group. Of course lucina destroys severa. severa and noire leave the group to become a independent faction

Just woke up from a dream where Severa x Owain is canon and Lucina sends Gerome, Inigo and Owain to stealth kill Validar. For some reason Gerome has shadow bind technique like Shikamaru from Naruto (probably cause Ive been watching Naruto recently) . They ambush validar and gerome binds him but validar is too strong and breaks free and impales owain through the heart and kills him, just as severa kjelle and noire arrive as reinforcements. Validar disappears and severa goes into a mental breakdown at seeing dead owain. Back at camp severa bitch slaps lucina for doing something dangerous and challenges her for the position pf commander of their group. Of course lucina destroys severa. severa and noire leave the group to become a independent faction
.... And?!? Don't leave us hanging! There's gotta be more!

Okay so I decided I wanted to grind a bit so I go to the outrealm to play EXPonential Growth which I bought when it first came out and it's not there neither is the smash brethren map but the Future Past and Scramble maps are still there anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Chrom

Okay so I decided I wanted to grind a bit so I go to the outrealm to play EXPonential Growth which I bought when it first came out and it's not there neither is the smash brethren map but the Future Past and Scramble maps are still there anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Are you using a different SD card or something?

GamerSoul

Are the risens on the map naturally tougher than the actual story missions on Lunatic? have only been able to complete a handful of them. And my Chrom has Aether now so things are looking ok but I feel like my luck is going to run out soon lol. There are so many units per map, im glad the objective isn't to take them all out.

Undecided on how to marry your characters? Check this out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6279175/marriage.html

Made by Meteor from the Serenes Forest Forums.

hehe, that pretty cool. I got Noire x Avatar. Not a bad choice.

:0 Damn that sounds like something that could happen in an alternate universe. It could work!

Chrom

Are the risens on the map naturally tougher than the actual story missions on Lunatic? have only been able to complete a handful of them. And my Chrom has Aether now so things are looking ok but I feel like my luck is going to run out soon lol. There are so many units per map, im glad the objective isn't to take them all out.

Yeah, from my experience they are.

Nope nothing has changed other than me linking the 3DS to Club Nintendo

What does it say in the actual shop, where you go to purchase maps?

:0 Damn that sounds like something that could happen in an alternate universe. It could work!

I can see it now. Future Past 4 to 14. Its a stand alone massive 10-part epic focusing on Severa as an anti-hero who leaves Lucina's group after Owain's death to start a independent faction with Noire. Severa x Owain of course.

Severa and Owain do C-A support, Lucina sends Gerome/Inigo/Owain to stealth kill Validar, but Owain gets killed by Validar. At Owains grave Severa breaks down and cries, because she never got the chance to show her sword to Owain which has Owain's name ingraves in it (S support).

At dinnertime, Severa calls out Lucina and punches her so hard she gets sent flying into the wall. The other kids know whats coming and stay the hell out of the way. Lucina gets up with extreme rage and the brand in her eye shining.
Lucina: 'You dare?? YOU DARE TOUCH ME??? I am queen of Ylisse!' while brandishing Falchion and kicking Severas ass into the ground
Severa then leaves the group with Noire because Noire owes her alot (Severa & Noire supports)

Weekly release, $3 each or $6.50 for 3, $5 for the last part which is doublesized in content where Severa faces off against Validar to avenge Owain. Intelligent Systems, please contact me to discuss the contract.

Anteo

I can see it now. Future Past 4 to 14. Its a stand alone massive 10-part epic focusing on Severa as an anti-hero who leaves Lucina's group after Owain's death to start a independent faction with Noire. Severa x Owain of course.

Severa and Owain do C-A support but Owain gets killed by Validar. At Owains grave Severa breaks down and cries, because she never got the chance to show her sword to Owain which has Owain's name ingraves in it (S support).

At dinnertime, Severa punches Lucina so hard she gets sent flying into the wall. The other kids know whats coming and stay the hell out of the way. Lucina gets up with extreme rage and the brand in her eye shining.
Lucina: 'You dare?? YOU DARE TOUCH ME??? I am queen of Ylisse!' while brandishing Falchion Demonspanker and kicking Severas ass into the ground
Severa then leaves the group with Noire because Noire owes her alot (Severa & Noire supports)

Weekly release, $3 each or $6.50 for 3, $5 for the last part which is doublesized in content where Severa faces off against Validar to avenge Owain. Intelligent Systems, please contact me to discuss the contract.

Fixed.

TWILT

Banned
Undecided on how to marry your characters? Check this out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6279175/marriage.html

Made by Meteor from the Serenes Forest Forums.

Hmmm...

Chrom x Sumia
Henry x Maribelle
Stahl x Nowi
Frederick x Tharja
Lon'qu x Miriel
Virion x Sully
Gaius x Olivia
Kellam x Panne
Ricken x Lissa
Vaike x Cordelia

Well, I have been meaning to do a no grind hard mode playthrough...
I swear it was only a coincidence I got Cherche. =P.

GamerSoul

Yeah, from my experience they are.

oh ok. It's like they want you to avoid grinding for the most part. Those lunatics..

Severa and Owain do C-A support, Lucina sends Gerome/Inigo/Owain to stealth kill Validar, but Owain gets killed by Validar. At Owains grave Severa breaks down and cries, because she never got the chance to show her sword to Owain which has Owain's name ingraves in it (S support).

At dinnertime, Severa calls out Lucina and punches her so hard she gets sent flying into the wall. The other kids know whats coming and stay the hell out of the way. Lucina gets up with extreme rage and the brand in her eye shining.
Lucina: 'You dare?? YOU DARE TOUCH ME??? I am queen of Ylisse!' while brandishing Falchion and kicking Severas ass into the ground

It'll sell millions lol. Mad Queen Lucina, who would've thought. Again it would be interesting to see another alternative world, it could be Morgan's or something.

Bulzeeb

hey guys I wanted to ask you about the bees and flowers options in the game (I don't know who should marry who :S) so any help will be apreciated (I wanted to read this thread but 200+ pages is a bit to much :S)

edit: oh just found what was posted 3 post obove me, reading it now :p

It'll sell millions lol. Mad Queen Lucina, who would've thought. Again it would be interesting to see another alternative world, it could be Morgan's or something.

Bro.... Alternate future like Future Past, with one difference: Morgan is in Lucinas army but they dont know hes grimas son sent to kill them. He goes around killing the kids at night one by one while everyone gets increasing paranoid like a straight up horror movie. Kids die one by one until its just severa, lucina, and morgan. Lucina is still keeping it together but severa mind is messed up from the psychological stress, and morgan keeps dropping hints that lucina is the killer, until finally severa snaps and advances on lucina
Lucina: severa, its not me!!! It has to be mor*gets killed*
Severa: ok... Ok.... Its finally over.... Hah.... Hahaha Its FINALLY OVER*gets stabbed*
Severa turns around to see morgan evil grinning like light yagami from death note
Morgan: Keikaku doori.
END

Dont worry bro Ill give you credit as co-plotter

ohlawd

hey guys I wanted to ask you about the bees and flowers options in the game (I don't know who should marry who :S) so any help will be apreciated (I wanted to read this thread but 200+ pages is a bit to much :S)

edit: oh just found what was posted 3 post obove me, reading it now :p

It's random but still, you should make your own pairings.

y'know, for that good 'ol matchmaking fun.

GamerSoul

Bro.... Alternate future like Future Past, with one difference: Morgan is in Lucinas army but they dont know hes grimas son sent to kill them. He goes around killing the kids at night one by one while everyone gets increasing paranoid like a straight up horror movie. Kids die one by one until its just severa, lucina, and morgan. Lucina is still keeping it together but severa mind is messed up from the psychological stress, and morgan keeps dropping hints that lucina is the killer, until finally severa snaps and advances on lucina
Lucina: severa, its not me!!! It has to be mor*gets killed*
Severa: ok... Ok.... Its finally over.... Hah.... Hahaha Its FINALLY OVER*gets stabbed*
Severa turns around to see morgan evil grinning like light yagami from death note
Morgan: Keikaku doori.
END

Dont worry bro Ill give you credit as co-plotter

Id hate to be a part of that future but i must admit evil morgan sounds like a villain id like to see. This game could easy branch itself into different unverses for atleast a dlc pack. Lol awesome all I ask is for a mention and I'm good.

Top Bottom