• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Yasawas

Fantastic work on getting to chapter 19 without pairing up anyone!

You gotta pair-up every unit that is not a healer or rallybot. Your units will survive ALOT longer paired up than going solo. There is literally NO benefit to going solo rather than pair-up.

Its best to pair-up the same couple all the time to raise their support level and hence raise their dual strike/guard chances and pair-up bonuses.

Ha, I'm a clown. I assumed there must have been some penalty like reduced exp or something so I tried it literally once on the tutorial you learn about it and never again, I'll give it a go later.

Good to know, cheers!

Kater

Banned
S'kay. Thank you though, i'll bear it in mind. :)

Chapter 5's a bit hard. The multi-tier setuo is awesome but there's a ton of enemies. Tips?

On Chapter 5 I used Frederick x Miriel to clear the way of Mages & Sorcerers. Killed the Wyvern Riders with Chrom x Sully team. Avatar and Vaike cleared out the rest with a little help from Ricken x Maribelle. Kill the commander as soon as possible because the units in the towers keep respawning if you don't. Also, Ricken is very vulnerable at this stage against melee attacks, but Maribelle even more so. Always check that they are in a "safe" spot.

Edit: If you don't have Vaike anymore, use Kellam or Lon'qu.

SuperSah

Banned
On Chapter 5 I used Frederick x Miriel to clear the way of Mages & Sorcerers. Killed the Wyvern Riders with Chrom x Sully team. Avatar and Vaike cleared out the rest with a little help from Ricken x Maribelle. Kill the commander as soon as possible because the units in the towers keep respawning if you don't. Also, Ricken is very vulnerable at this stage against melee attacks, but Maribelle even more so. Always check that they are in a "safe" spot.

Edit: If you don't have Vaike anymore, use Kellam or Lon'qu.

Pair up Frederick, tank the chokepoint till the cows come home.

I was trying to avoid Frederick due to how OP he is, but guess i'll put him to use.

Anteo

I was trying to avoid Frederick due to how OP he is, but guess i'll put him to use.

Unless you are in lunatic, you don't have to use Fred. However going by in hard without Fred is challeging on it's own, so don't be afraid to use him here and there.

Don't overuse it, or you will have to grind to make up for that.

Kater

Banned
If your Virion has high enough stats, he might also be very useful for that map. Bows are the best weapon against flying enemies as you might already know.

Dresden

you guys are overthinking it. pair up freddy with someone (you can just use him for the bonuses), tank the hell out of the choke. use a rescue staff to get shota/rich girl out of the way. kill all the assholes that fly down or spawn in the lower left corner of the map. laugh as your units gain like five levels from popping all the flying rats in the air.

Dresden

lol, take that single-row path to the second tier and you bottle up every unit in the middle row and more. wyverns won't arrive on the first turn. It gives you spacing to rescue the boy and establish zone below. Of course freddy isn't going to tank every single unit in the map. Don't be a fool.

"Establishing zone" and "make a chokepoint" are different concepts. At least you learnt something today buddy.

Pair up Frederick, tank the chokepoint till the cows come home.

you guys are overthinking it. pair up freddy with someone (you can just use him for the bonuses), tank the hell out of the choke.

It's quite clear you expect Frederick to tank the entire map. In a "choke". Or was it "establishing zone"? Dont worry sir, Im confused too!

kubus

Hey guys, first time posting in this thread. This is my first FE game and I decided to plunge right in on Normal and Classic. I'm at Chapter 11 now and so far, the only casualty is Virion.

....which I regret letting happen because it looks like he is the only archer in this game?! I just did a few maps with a bunch of flying dudes and it was pretty tough to get through. Could someone tell me when/how I can recruit a new archer? Even though I hated his personality, I really miss him now :p.

I'm starting to like this game. It was a bit difficult to understand at first, but after figuring out some of the game mechanics I feel more at ease while playing.

Edit: errrr I'm confused. Putting this in spoiler tags, just in case.
I just started chapter 12 and... Virion shows up on my doorstep with a girl named Cherce?! I am sure Virion died... Or at least someone died. Does he disappear after a certain chapter storywise? If so, then I might have mistaken another character's death for his... Lol.

Yasawas

Virion is my favourite <3 He's like this game's Vega.

You can use the Master Seal/Second Seal items to upgrade or change one unit's class to something else, so you can make another archer this way or one of the other advanced classes which can also use bows. You might have one of these items already or you can buy them from the shops sometimes.

So I decided to restart my game the other day after not playing for a few months. Mimicking my previous game by starting on Hard/Classic, and I just finished Ch. 7. Interestingly, I'm not having near as rough of a time getting through the chapters like I did on my initial run.

ohlawd

So I decided to restart my game the other day after not playing for a few months. Mimicking my previous game by starting on Hard/Classic, and I just finished Ch. 7. Interestingly, I'm not having near as rough of a time getting through the chapters like I did on my initial run.

cuz the game gets easier as the game goes on. It goes up and down sometimes but the difficulty curve definitely trends downwards until the end.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck yeah!

Just beat Chapter 5 Hard Mode Classic Mode and I didn't have to use the rescue wand at all!

HA BITCHES! I knew I'd finally do it! (Yes I L+R+Started a shit ton! LOL)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm literally on the verge of breaking my 3DS in half. I just don't get this "water trick" for Lunatic Prologue. The mage absolutely destroys my people when they are in the water. Nearly one shots them.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Water trick?

Main character and Chrom can walk on water where the enemies can't hit so you can grind massive XP for the main character and make the rest of the opening chapters a breeze. But they do have a mage that hits like a dump truck

Anteo

Main character and Chrom can walk on water where the enemies can't hit so you can grind massive XP for the main character and make the rest of the opening chapters a breeze. But they do have a mage that hits like a dump truck

Oh look at that, I didnt even know you could get into the water. Can't you set up your asset to be speed, so you can 2x the mage or something?

ohlawd

First I've heard of this water trick.

You can sorta grind on Chapter 1. Lure the boss on a fort and have him use up his axe completely. Beat him up until the exp you get becomes negligible.

Oh my I'm finally going to beat it! I've been putting it off but now I am ready!

I'm on Chapter 22 and my gosh I hate those casters and there is like 6 chests I want. :(

Yasawas

I finished it yesterday after about 30 hours and barely touching the side quest stuff, I can't believe how much content they've put in there. I think I completed two of them then stopped risking it after I lost my beloved Stahl in the second.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself, think I might give it another go on a harder difficulty and on Casual just to see how different it is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Chapter 6 on hard classic mode felt like a cake walk compared to Chapter 5. YMMV but I thought Chapter 5 was light years harder.

Kweh

Is there any benefit to level to 20 before changing to an advanced class (since you can do that from lvl 10+)? Better stats?

I just upgrade Kellam (who is awesome in my game) to General but I did so when he hit 20.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there any benefit to level to 20 before changing to an advanced class (since you can do that from lvl 10+)? Better stats?

I just upgrade Kellam (who is awesome in my game) to General but I did so when he hit 20.

I don't think it matters due to re-classing.

Nothing that you can't fix with more leveling. You just gain more stats due to the extra level ups while you are still gaining more exp due to being lowered leveled.

Anteo

The first time is better to wait until they are level 20, since they level up much faster (and thus get stats faster) at lowers levels. If you go from level 15 to promoted level1, the game will consider the unit as level 21 for all experience calculations, thus you will need much more exp to go from promoted1 to promoted2 than 15-16.

After many reclasses that wouldnt even matter.

The first time is better to wait until they are level 20, since they level up much faster (and thus get stats faster) at lowers levels. If you go from level 15 to promoted level1, the game will consider the unit as level 21 for all experience calculations, thus you will need much more exp to go from promoted1 to promoted2 than 15-16.

After many reclasses that wouldnt even matter.

Awww I think I might of messed up on a few characters then. Thank you for the tip I will remember it for Lunatic mode!

KiraFA37

A couple of question since I'm trying to get all support conversations in the extra menu.
  • If I always start from the same save but marry different characters down the line do all the S-support conversations get added to the same avatar in the extra menu?
  • How many different avatars can appear in the extra menu? I mean I have a male and a female there but if I have 2 saves with 2 different female avatars do both appear there or only the one created earlier?

ohlawd

A couple of question since I'm trying to get all support conversations in the extra menu.
  • If I always start from the same save but marry different characters down the line do all the S-support conversations get added to the same avatar in the extra menu?
  • How many different avatars can appear in the extra menu? I mean I have a male and a female there but if I have 2 saves with 2 different female avatars do both appear there or only the one created earlier?

Yes but only if you save on your second file. If you marry someone and then save on your main file, how are you gonna pursue S ranks with the others? :p
Polygamy don't exist in teh gaem!

I think if you have two of the same gender avatars, the one that you used and saved with last will be the one you see when you check out the support logs.

McNum

And today's EU DLC is... The Challenge Pack! Oh, dear... I am so behind on playing the DLC as is.

Also playing a new game with a female Avatar who married Chrom. Now what to do with a Lucina with all the options of a Morgan and the Lord classes. Well, first things first. Second Seal to Tactician. Lucina now has Veteran. Because she can.

Javier

And today's EU DLC is... The Challenge Pack! Oh, dear... I am so behind on playing the DLC as is.

Also playing a new game with a female Avatar who married Chrom. Now what to do with a Lucina with all the options of a Morgan and the Lord classes. Well, first things first. Second Seal to Tactician. Lucina now has Veteran. Because she can.
Mercenary for Armthrift and Dark Flier for Galeforce.

McNum

Mercenary for Armthrift and Dark Flier for Galeforce.
Yeah, the basic package, more or less. Lord, Tactician, Merc, Hero, Dark Flier, and then some kind of specialization. Since she has her Falchion, a dash of Swordmaster for Swordfaire would probably be nice.

From a looks point of view, she pulls off the Tactician look pretty well. Her sprite looks awesome like that.

RedSwirl

How long can you keep a streetpass group on your system before it expires?

I ask because over the next couple days I may get so many street passes for this game that it could take me an insane amount of time to fight them all. It's possible I may get triple digit Fire Emblem streetpasses.

Edit: From what I understand they stay there forever, but I can only hold 50 at a time. We'll see how long that lasts.

Oxx

How long can you keep a streetpass group on your system before it expires?

I ask because over the next couple days I may get so many street passes for this game that it could take me an insane amount of time to fight them all. It's possible I may get triple digit Fire Emblem streetpasses.

Edit: From what I understand they stay there forever, but I can only hold 50 at a time. We'll see how long that lasts.

I got 8 Fire Emblem passes yesterday.

All that renown.

Celegus

Finally on the last mission. I just need to get Gaius & Olivia one more rank up and I'll have all the babies before I finish it up. I'm not sure if I want to do hard after this, or jump straight to lunatic. Normal was way too easy, so I doubt I'll do many of the post-game maps because it would probably just be a steamroll (or are they really hard?)

In any case, this is my game to beat for GotY.

Top Bottom