• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
First try:
Chrom x Sumia
Gregor x Nowi
Libra x Sully
Henry x Lissa
Vaike x Maribelle
Kellam x Tharja
Donnel x Panne
Ricken x Cherche
Gaius x Olivia
Virion x Miriel

Kincaido x Cordelia OTP confirmed.

Markun

QC9DMN0.jpg

Bros for life.

The Scramble DLC was great.

Harvest Scramble - Party hat Lissa is the greatest. The Owain + Inigo conversations in there were kind of a downer, but it did make me like those two even more and it was nice to see Owain being serious. The rest was funny light-hearted fun. I especially liked the Kjelle and Severa conversations.

Summer Scramble - I pretty much made everyone who could become a sorcerer be a sorcerer. Nothing like using Nosferatu in your swimsuit. The lack of sparkles in the edited Tharja CG is very disappointing though. Oh, and the covered bum is bad too, I guess. It was fun to see Lissa interact with girls not named Maribelle, and the Sumia x Mirielle conversation was gold.

Hot Spring Scramble - Did the same thing as in Summer Scramble and made everyone be a Swordmaster. I really like the yukatas they used and I really wish they would be usable outside of this stage. I really enjoyed the conversations the Avatar had with the children. I especially enjoyed the father son conversation with Owain, to no one's surprise. It gave me all sorts of warm fuzzies, especially the ending of the second conversation. I also liked Morgan and Cynthia's conversation with each other just because I can say that Morgan's pranks is something she got from Lissa. Avatar's family with Lissa is still my One True Family of forever.

Draxal

Chrom x Olivia
Gaius x Sumia
Stahl x Miriel
Vaike x Cordelia
Lon'qu x Cherche
Donnel x Sully
Ricken x Maribelle
Virion x Nowi
Henry x Lissa
Frederick x Panne
Libra x Tharja

Um some very weird choices.

LakeEarth

How was supposed to beat the boss in Paralogue 8 without losing a character? Dude attacked 4 times in a row, and would kill anyone I sent in even with the best support. I ended up having to send my speediest characters that could dodge 4 times in a row to whittle him down.

Anteo

So I just hit 300 hours. Not even done with the dlc or the game yet. My god. My most played game is SSF43D at 441 but that's cause I got it with my 3ds as my first game and still play it now.

How was supposed to beat the boss in Paralogue 8 without losing a character? Dude attacked 4 times in a row, and would kill anyone I sent in even with the best support. I ended up having to send my speediest characters that could dodge 4 times in a row to whittle him down.

Can't you outrange him with Virion+Longbow?

LakeEarth

Can't you outrange him with Virion+Longbow?
I stupidly turned Virion into the other kind of archer, the horse one instead of sniper, so I have to wait til he's level 10 before I can change him so that I can use the longbow again. But yeah that would've helped since the dude didn't seem to want to move.

Kater

Banned
Ah, the ones with Counter, yes? Yeah, this map can be a bit of a surprise when you get it.

Counter has two weaknesses you can exploit.
1. It only works at close range.
2. It only triggers if the user survives the hit.

The first one is somewhat simple. Tag the Counter Risen (look for a skill with two arrows pointing in opposite directions) on the map with A and note their attack ranges. That's the area you don't want to be in on Enemy Phase. Then send Nowi or Virion or a mage to hit the Risen at range. You Avatar might be good for that, too.

The second one is a bit cruel due to a mean combination of skills some of the Risen have: Counter/Miracle. Since they have Miracle, they have a Luck based chance to survive with 1 HP when they should be dead. And they have capped Luck. So, any Risen with Miracle will likely survive one fatal blow. However, if you use a ranged character to get the risen to 1 HP, it's safe to send in a melee character to clean up.

If you end up with a melee character in a Counter Risen's attack range and you have no way to get them to safety, select Items and Remove their equipped weapon. That way they won't attack on the Enemy Phase.

Hey McNum, thanks for the helpful tips for the Harvest Scramble map.

It was easy with archers but I got trapped once. Those damn Risen trapped my Warrior Vaike (forgot to give him melee weapons), Sniper Virion and Sniper Noire. They were separated so that there was no way out. Tried it again and paired them with melee units, just to be sure. That did the trick.

Oh, and I saw that I can S-Rank Flavia. Goddamn. Now I have to replay the whole game AGAIN! 250 hours already. This game was really worth the price.

Anteo

Man getting all the supports I missed is so much fun, I'm getitng to know the characters even more now. The only thing I don't like is that is too much work =/

GamerSoul

It is a lot of work, but it's fun for the characters you really like. I liked all of Sully. I mean I haven't gotten them all but I watched youtube videos >.>

I also have enjoyed Noire's and Nah's. Nah is like third on my list now.

lol I hate Lunatic. made it to the last chapter but I'm not getting any breaks. I even went back and got MU galeforce to help, but Chrom won't hit Aether :( I'm going to give Lucina a try at it.

lol I hate Lunatic. made it to the last chapter but I'm not getting any breaks. I even went back and got MU galeforce to help, but Chrom won't hit Aether :( I'm going to give Lucina a try at it.

You may want to try and give Chrom Luna instead of Aether because it has twice the activation rate

Finished the game in just under 50 hours.

I definitely did too much grinding. Didn't even need to bring a healer to the final battle because all my characters were invincible. Got kind of bored towards the end and turned off all battle animations to get it over and done with.

But that's mostly my fault. Fantastic game. Not sure if I'll do another playthrough, but I plan on going back and finishing the rest of the side stories. I consider myself a fan now and will anticipate the next one!

Servbot24

Banned
I'm up to Chapter 25 which seems to be the final chapter. Is there anything I need to do before playing this one, or does the end game remain open?

I'm at 45 hours btw. I also restarted many times to avoid any character deaths. Did quite a lot of grinding, including at least 5 battles from each of the bonus teams.

Chrom

I'm up to Chapter 25 which seems to be the final chapter. Is there anything I need to do before playing this one, or does the end game remain open?

I'm at 45 hours btw. I also restarted many times to avoid any character deaths. Did quite a lot of grinding, including at least 5 battles from each of the bonus teams.

Chapter 25 is the penultimate chapter. The final chapter is called Endgame. Your campaign progress doesn't save beyond Endgame.

Celegus

Man... so I only have 5 chapters to go. Oh well, I really want to try it again on hard (or lunatic?!) anyway. Normal Classic was a breeze, and I didn't really do any of the random encounters, just story chapters and paralogues. But gosh what a great game and introduction to the series!

Servbot24

Banned
Hard mode has been pretty tough, but that's partly because I don't have much experience in this genre. It's definitely reasonable. Once I figured out where the Wireless section was (lol) and I started grinding a bit, I could beat some of the Chapters on first try without allowing any deaths.

KiraFA37

Hard mode is indeed pretty though, just started it and I'm stuck on chapter 5. Curse my everybody-shall-survive-OCD, luckily I'll be marrying my avatar to Chrom this time so I should get a good royal family up and running. Worst part is that reeking boxes are 4800 gold while they were 500 on normal.

dantehemi

Just picked this game up and am really looking forward to jumping right in. I'll be travelling across Europe for the next month and this is gonna be my downtime enjoyment. The question I have is this....

I will not have Internet acces to look on gaf and ask advice or such while on vacation,..

What is the best way to play this game? Any advice or tips would be great. For the most part is there anything I can do in the game that would come back to bite me in the ass later on? I am perfectly fine with just playing through a game and not reading up on it or anything, but I want to get the full experience from this as I hear its a great game and I don't tend to play multiple playthroughs of games.

Thanks for any help.

Servbot24

Banned
Just picked this game up and am really looking forward to jumping right in. I'll be travelling across Europe for the next month and this is gonna be my downtime enjoyment. The question I have is this....

I will not have Internet acces to look on gaf and ask advice or such while on vacation,..

What is the best way to play this game? Any advice or tips would be great. For the most part is there anything I can do in the game that would come back to bite me in the ass later on? I am perfectly fine with just playing through a game and not reading up on it or anything, but I want to get the full experience from this as I hear its a great game and I don't tend to play multiple playthroughs of games.

Thanks for any help.

The thing i didn't know about going in was what seals do. Using seals will change your character's class, and every class has different skills that you can pick up and keep even through future class changes. Therefore it's a good idea to run characters through a couple different class changes to pick up a variety of skills. Generally you have all of the skills from a class when you get it to lvl 15.

GamerSoul

Yup that's right. Great Knights at lvl 5.

thanks, I was able to beat it thankfully because of lucina hitting Aether and Chrome getting his hits in. Lucina always get it done for me lol. Lissa was sacrificed to heal someone and MU was able to clear space thanks to galeforce to let Chrom and Lucina attack.it was glorious. lol and very lucky

ohlawd

thanks, I was able to beat it thankfully because of lucina hitting Aether and Chrome getting his hits in. Lucina always get it done for me lol. Lissa was sacrificed to heal someone and MU was able to clear space thanks to galeforce to let Chrom and Lucina attack.it was glorious. lol and very lucky

Lissa ;_;

Best girl... Sacrificed? Fo' shame.

GamerSoul

About 45 minutes in, and already this is one of the most gorgeous visual presentations I've ever seen. These cut scenes are beautiful.

Glad your enjoying the game.

Lissa ;_;

Best girl? Sacrificed? Fo' shame.

It was not planned I swear but it had to be fate. It was her healing that allowed Chrom to survive the turn. She was the deciding factor. And I even lost Sully ealy on, bro my Sully, and I had to push on. I was surprised Lissa lasted that long honestly, there was no way she could have survived on this run with my playstyle lol. I don't even want to imagine Lunatic+ right now.

The MVP goes to MU, she was a beast once she hit her stride even surpassing Chrom for a large part of the game, I also turned her into a Grandmaster->Sorcerer->Dark Flier->Sorcerer so she was set Ignis, Vengeance, Galeforce and Nosferatu for healing. :) I used the medium sized MU with the blonde super saiyan hair so it was natural to see her shooting fireballs lmao. And it kinda fit story-wise.

Kater

Banned
Just found out that you can marry
Emmeryn
. Wut?!
And she doesn't even have a Support conversation with Chrom or Liz.

Servbot24

Banned
Finally beat the game! I won't be doing any post game stuff because I just don't have time these days to play games so thoroughly, but I absolutely adored the 50 hours I spent playing it. Hard mode, no character deaths until Grima where I let 2 characters die because I needed to beat it quickly so I can ship the game off to a fellow gaffer before the post closes today. :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Absolutely worth it. My favorite OST this year.

From the figure thread:
6cvahZV.jpg

9382045598_d1a1a3d13a_b.jpg

This game won't stop taking my money.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
God I suck at this game. Chapter 5 on hard/classic mode is just sooo hard.

Something bad always happens. I mean even after I rescue the two people shit goes wrong. Either those super fast pegasus or the boss always manages to get to a squishy before I can clean up. Plus I feel like I have to over use Frederick when I need to level everyone else.

Frost_Ace

God I suck at this game. Chapter 5 on hard/classic mode is just sooo hard.

Something bad always happens. I mean even after I rescue the two people shit goes wrong. Either those super fast pegasus or the boss always manages to get to a squishy before I can clean up. Plus I feel like I have to over use Frederick when I need to level everyone else.
Chapter 6 is even worse...but after that it becomes easier.

SuperSah

Banned
I'm getting better guys! :D

Took me an hour to complete Chapter 4 (i'm so new to this) and I lost Vaike but it was hopefully a worthy trade off as I got that random Loq'u bloke who seems pretty nifty.

Click glance at Chapter 5 is like "lolnope". Multi-tier and a ton of enemies. I'll be here another week! xD

GamerSoul

oh that stage :/ I usually position my units in that narrow path where you start and wait for the enemy to approach. I also have units positioned to take out the enemies near the bottom of the map. reinforcements do spawn so you have to be cautious where your units are located. its a good idea to check the enemies range and plan according to that also. Lead with your stronger units and make sure youre keeping the fragile ones safe.

and yes the game can be difficult at the beginning, I restarted more times than I can remember lol but once your favorite units to get stronger it gets easier.

RedSwirl

This is only the second FE I've played, but a problem I'm starting to have with the series is that it feels like the onus is on me to grind up some of my characters before they're actually useful in combat. It seems to me like too many important characters are barely useful in the early game, and there's always one or two characters who are so strong I barely need anyone else.

I'm only on Chapter 5 so far, but for some reason Chrom can't do shit without getting brutalized immediately after. Most normal assaults leave him with less than half his health remaining. Same with Sully. On the flipside, Fredrick and Kellham have been able to carry the last couple battles almost entirely on their own.

In Rekka no Ken (the first GBA Fire Emblem released in the US) - the only other one I've played, people said this was a problem with Marcus (I think it was Marcus) because he could easily hog up all the EXP in the early game by winning battles essentially on his own. Later on for me Rekka no Ken basically became "Oswin: the Game."

It just seems kind of imbalanced from where I'm sitting.

GamerSoul

Shiii I love my Lunatic MU Sorcerer. All her stats except Res is maxed out. When paired with Chrom I was able to beat the Radiant Hero Paralogue with just them two:0 I had a fa lot of close calls. I loaded her up with Nosferatus to make sure she could survive each turn and it also helped tremendously that Chrom has about a 90% chance of attacking and 30% chance of defending when theyre paired. This is madness.

Yasawas

Chapter 19 is ruining me. I'd been pottering along enjoying myself having a decent idea what I was doing but not wanting to look up every little thing and progressing without too much hassle, but this is a step too far at the moment and the first time I'm really being punished for not building some characters up better (or maybe restarting when I lost some others in battle).

Do the reinforcements ever stop or will they keep coming as long as the commander remains alive?

Pair-up to raise stats so you wont take so much damage

I need to do more of this too, it's a mechanic I haven't used at all at this point.

Kater

Banned
I'm getting better guys! :D

Took me an hour to complete Chapter 4 (i'm so new to this) and I lost Vaike but it was hopefully a worthy trade off as I got that random Loq'u bloke who seems pretty nifty.

Click glance at Chapter 5 is like "lolnope". Multi-tier and a ton of enemies. I'll be here another week! xD

You let Vaike die? He is one of my best man. As a Warrior, he kills entire armies with Tomahawks. It can have huge consequences to let certain units die.

I need to do more of this too, it's a mechanic I haven't used at all at this point.

Fantastic work on getting to chapter 19 without pairing up anyone!

You gotta pair-up every unit that is not a healer or rallybot. Your units will survive ALOT longer paired up than going solo. There is literally NO benefit to going solo rather than pair-up.

Its best to pair-up the same couple all the time to raise their support level and hence raise their dual strike/guard chances and pair-up bonuses.

Top Bottom