• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Shengar

Just played Summer Scramble, deployed both Miriel and Sumia.
Man, what I saw is just......amazing.
Never trust a klutz, especially if she also a yandere

Left the game unplayed for months and sort of forgot the story/where I was going with my team, so restarted... again. The whole teammates dying thing and getting better with tactics each time makes this game so replayable.

Anteo

Left the game unplayed for months and sort of forgot the story/where I was going with my team, so restarted... again. The whole teammates dying thing and getting better with tactics each time makes this game so replayable.

Couldnt you just press the "Story" button that shows what happened in every chapter up to that point?

GamerSoul

How do I know which forts will reinforce and when?

Just from experience :3. Good ol tough, game resetting experience. The game does try to give you hints on reinforcements through some dialogue, usually between the enemies, but they can still surprise you.

Anteo

Just from experience :3. Good ol tough, game resetting experience. The game does try to give you hints on reinforcements through some dialogue, usually between the enemies, but they can still surprise you.

The last reinforcement wave on Future Past 2 was just evil.

Asd202

Fire Emblem sales from NPD thread

Nintendo 2013 3DS LTDs (Digital + Physical):

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (863,000)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (739,000)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (406,000 in 2013, 1.85 million total)
Fire Emblem Awakening (390,000)
Mario Kart 7 (352,000 in 2013, 2.84 million total)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (298,000)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (268,000)
Super Mario 3D Land (265,000 in 2013, 2.86 million total)
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (264,000)

ohlawd

We're fucked. SMT x FE is the last time we'll see FE on a console.

yeah assuming the above doesn't get canned. This fucking sucks, man.

ohlawd

Uhhh? Were you being sarcastic?

Not really, kinda? lol

I'm confident in the series continuing its life on handhelds. It's probably 1 million WW right now for FEA and it'll continue to sell.

This is me taking 700k to justify a Wii U FE to heart by the way.

Ultimadrago

What's the best final role for Chrom!Cynthia?

I have her with Limit Break, Galeforce, Pavise and Aether right now. (Paragon too for classing)

ohlawd

Waste is Dark Magic. Dark Fliers can't use Dark Magic :p

Go Celica's Gale, it's the same thing anyway. Forge the heck out of it.

Ultimadrago

Shows how much I know about magic.
wtzgU.gif

The tips are appreciated, just got her Tomefaire and to Dark Flier (and seem to already have had Luna in her skill bank).

I've played this game in many different ways but not actually own it. (I know)

I'm hoping for a game of the year release sometime soon with all the DLC included.

daripad

I finished this game last sunday and started Project X Zone.

I just can't go back to it. I feel like I need more Fire Emblem, probably will start s Hard run (my first one was on Normal). Do you have any recommendations? Or do you hink that PXZ will get more addictive?

ohlawd

I've played this game in many different ways but not actually own it. (I know)

I'm hoping for a game of the year release sometime soon with all the DLC included.

You know Nintendo's not going to do that lol.

I just can't go back to it. I feel like I need more Fire Emblem, probably will start s Hard run (my first one was on Normal). Do you have any recommendations? Or do you hink that PXZ will get more addictive?

PxZ remains the same throughout. Flow of combat never changes and if it's not grabbing you now, it'll never will.

For Hard Mode, enemy reinforcements will come before the next enemy phase instead of after like in Normal. Newly spawned mooks will get to attack and move the second they come so watch out.

CorvoSol

So starting Apotheosis this weekend. Is this map going to be crazy hard on normal if I have galeforce on everyone almost and spent goodness knows how long grinding like, half the parents through every level of every class?

Shengar

If you want to have Hard plathrough, do note that there will be a noticeable difficulty gap. You can't just attack enemies as you please in normal. Enemies would kinda overwhelmed you especially during earlier chapters. Positioning, experience and damage distribution is important too, especially exp distribution. Hard probably a little daunting on first try, but it is the most fair difficulty in the game.
So starting Apotheosis this weekend. Is this map going to be crazy hard on normal if I have galeforce on everyone almost and spent goodness knows how long grinding like, half the parents through every level of every class?

Difficulty doesn't affect any enemies on Apotheosis. Higher game difficulty only make your preparation for it a lot harder than lower one.
I have yet to see Apotheosis enemies yet, but since I've just fought Risen Skirmishes with all the enemies stats maxed, I can get a little picture of it: Rally, Rally, and a lot of rallies. Without it, I don't think even 2nd generation with all stats maxed on and paired could clear the map. Your best bet is focused those rally on two unit with al stats maxed, Galeforce, (optional: Armsthrift), and max forged brave weapons.

daripad

If you want to have Hard plathrough, do note that there will be a noticeable difficulty gap. You can't just attack enemies as you please in normal. Enemies would kinda overwhelmed you especially during earlier chapters. Positioning, experience and damage distribution is important too, especially exp distribution. Hard probably a little daunting on first try, but it is the most fair difficulty in the game.

PxZ remains the same throughout. Flow of combat never changes and if it's not grabbing you now, it'll never will.

For Hard Mode, enemy reinforcements will come before the next enemy phase instead of after like in Normal. Newly spawned mooks will get to attack and move the second they come so watch out.

Thanks guys. No, PXZ is not bad or boring, is just that I loved this game so much that I feel like playing again and leveling up my husbandos (lol)

That said, that means I just have to be more careful with my units and not tu use Fredderick too much. Do you recommend me to do pair ups? I was killing and evading everyone because of the pair up system. Should I abuse it or is exp lacking so is better that everyone stays individually to get a bit more exp?

Celegus

Thanks guys. No, PXZ is not bad or boring, is just that I loved this game so much that I feel like playing again and leveling up my husbandos (lol)

That said, that means I just have to be more careful with my units and not tu use Fredderick too much. Do you recommend me to do pair ups? I was killing and evading everyone because of the pair up system. Should I abuse it or is exp lacking so is better that everyone stays individually to get a bit more exp?

Pair up pair up pair up! Unless you want more of a challenge, it's almost always better to have everyone pair up. And much easier to get the babies that way as well.

Shengar

Pair ups is more important than ever considering the enemy would probably have same stat if not better than your units, providing you don't grind them. You could focus all the exps to one or two pair of units to steamrolled the game, but I think it still possible to split them fairly to 5 main combatants (with the pair units end up as pair-bot, where their only role is to give your main combatants pair-ups bonus) and make the game considerably more challenging later on hard.

daripad

Pair up pair up pair up! Unless you want more of a challenge, it's almost always better to have everyone pair up. And much easier to get the babies that way as well.

Pair ups is more important than ever considering the enemy would probably have same stat if not better than your units, providing you don't grind them. You could focus all the exps to one or two pair of units to steamrolled the game, but I think it still possible to split them fairly to 5 main combatants (with the pair units end up as pair-bot, where their only role is to give your main combatants pair-ups bonus) and make the game considerably more challenging later on hard.

Thanks again!
I did grind in Normal because those Reeking Boxes were fun to use and fight with my weaker units or the ones that needed to improve their weapon proficiency. So I will be doing that in Hard again.

FSLink

Banned
Wait what? Pair up almost everyone? Holy shit I've been playing this wrong
If you're playing on Normal it's not a big deal. But Pair Up is easily the most powerful mechanic in the game. A chance of pair up attacks, your partner blocking ALL damage, and gives you stat boosts? And it functions like rescue, and combined with GaleForce you can wipe entire armies with several pairs?

Wunder

If you're playing on Normal it's not a big deal. But Pair Up is easily the most powerful mechanic in the game. A chance of pair up attacks, your partner blocking ALL damage, and gives you stat boosts? And it functions like rescue, and combined with GaleForce you can wipe entire armies with several pairs?

But the partner won't get much exp, right? I mean, unless I switch 'em around, they only get a tiny bit of exp when they dual strike, right?

FSLink

Banned
But the partner won't get much exp, right? I mean, unless I switch 'em around, they only get a tiny bit of exp when they dual strike, right?
Switch or there's plenty of ways to get EXP outside of chapters, especially if you have DLC maps.
Of course this doesn't really work in Lunatic but you have to play that difficulty by either grinding in DLC (Risen battles give 1 EXP in Lunatic and they'll overpower you for a majority of the game) or focusing on very few characters.

Shengar

Thanks again!
I did grind in Normal because those Reeking Boxes were fun to use and fight with my weaker units or the ones that needed to improve their weapon proficiency. So I will be doing that in Hard again.
Reeking boxes on hard is more expensive, so you might want to add that into consideration.
Switch or there's plenty of ways to get EXP outside of chapters, especially if you have DLC maps.
Of course this doesn't really work in Lunatic but you have to play that difficulty by either grinding in DLC (Risen battles give 1 EXP in Lunatic and they'll overpower you for a majority of the game) or focusing on very few characters.

Well, Lunatic could be done with no grind run if you focused your exp to one or two pair units. Do note though that this unit must have high defense due to illegal forges and Hit +20 in later chapter in the game which pretty much makes dodgetanking is impossible.

daripad

So DLC is necesary to grind? Do I need it on Hard? I don't want to support DLC, the game has enough content by itself

Top Bottom