• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Sumia sucks. Does no damage even with Luna. Doubling everything doesn't mean shit if you can't kill anything.

Shengar

So we will finally reveal Sumia is actually as good if not better at everything than Cordelia.
We will now get proper "break" sprite animation for Sumia.
Nah, he'd do something like this, but in public.
Public court that is, so Sumia can't escape this time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XiDUHey78
(spoilers for the Sumia/Miriel conversation from summer of bonds DLC - that video is edited though, of course)
The PW soundtrack make the conversation absolutely the best now.
Come on, guys. The prosecutor can only be Virion.
You mean the cravat?
Sorry but
*point finger
Maribelle wearing one too :p
what the hell is the context for this?! Also I didn't realize Ylisse was pronounced EE-Lease, I thought it was just Lease or Liss, with a silent Y.
Read the full conversation in Summer Scramble pack. The context of that part is almost right, feel better with PW soundtrack and minus the game over.
It's DLC and it's edited so it looks like you get a gameover. Miriel gets better.
With something that is.

CorvoSol

You mean the cravat?
Sorry but
*point finger
Maribelle wearing one too :p

I think it has less to do with just a cravat and more the fact that Virion looks a hell of a lot like Edgeworth. Hell, Femmeworth's Avatar might as well be Virion.

9ozvrJy.jpg

Miles Edgeworth, Prosecutor.

0vXawSN.png

Duke Virion, Archest of Archers

a7eb8jC.jpg

Femmeworth, NeoGAF User.

CorvoSol

The product of two very serious men is a dandy?

But no, what the hell is going on in this thread?

I wouldn't call Sephiroth serious at all. He cracked jokes before he cracked, and after he cracked he did, too. Not to the level of Kefka, but dude was definitely not serious, and why would he be? He was the super star of the world.

And Edgeworth loves him some Steel Samurai, so he's probably secretly Hot Blooded or something. And in the end a skilled archer was born.

neoemonk

Finished the main quest last night. Hard/Classic, no resets.

Going in to the final chapter, I had six characters alive. MC, Say'ri, Chrom, Sumia, Henry, and Cherche.

Henry and Cherche didn't survive.

This is my second Fire Emblem game, the first one being Sacred Stones. Going forward I will reset on character loss. I missed out on lots of supports and some children because their mothers were dead before they hit S rank with anyone.

Celegus

Going in to the final chapter, I had six characters alive. MC, Say'ri, Chrom, Sumia, Henry, and Cherche.

This is my second Fire Emblem game, the first one being Sacred Stones. Going forward I will reset on character loss. I missed out on lots of supports and some children because their mothers were dead before they hit S rank with anyone.

Oh man, that's crazy. I didn't mind losing guys in Xcom because they were limitless and had no personality, but I had to reset anytime I lost someon in FE just because I wanted to see as much of the content as possible. I won't reset if/when I play through the game again, but kudos to you for squeaking out a victory with such a skeleton crew.

Wunder

Holy shit that's brutal. You finished the final mission with 6(4) characters?!

CorvoSol

Approximately how many Second Seals can I acquire prior to Chapter 17, when I can purchase them? Really I just need to know how many I can get before I get Lucina, cuz I have to make sure Olivia has Galeforce before then.

Anteo

Approximately how many Second Seals can I acquire prior to Chapter 17, when I can purchase them? Really I just need to know how many I can get before I get Lucina, cuz I have to make sure Olivia has Galeforce before then.

Pretty sure you only get one in the dessert stage where you get Nowi.

You can get another one with renown in the spotpass thing.

There is also the off chance you can get some from random risen encounters or from the random Anna merchants that appear.

CorvoSol

Pretty sure you only get one in the dessert stage where you get Nowi.

You can get another one with renown in the spotpass thing.

Okay, so get it and make it count, then, huh? No problem. I knew I got at least one, since I had Lucina born with Galeforce in my last playthrough.

There is also the off chance you can get some from random risen encounters or from the random Anna merchants that appear.

Can I get them in DLC stages?

Wunder

For Galeforce and other skill inheritance, do you just promote them at 10 from their base class and throw the EXP away in favor of the child's stats??

GamerSoul

Wow man that is certainly one way to play the game but it's cool. On my Lunatic run I basically only had Chrom, MC, Lucina, and Morgan (who was not really useful since he had no way of healing himself)

I want to get another playthrough going but I can't choose how I want to play.

Speaking about Kozaki, he made a nice little collaboration with a certain artist that drew for quite named series:
TFcOBns.jpg

Source

lol that's awesome.

Ultimadrago

Lon'quxNowi is sucks j/k,
happy birthday Nowi and thanks for carried my Lunatic playthrough!

Wow, I don't know why I thought that was Male Avatar at first sight (maybe since he has similar hair to mine). I haven't seen nor heard from Lon'qu so long in my game, I forgot he was around. Oh well, the picture's about Nowi!

My first time doing one of these birthday Barracks things as well. It's a neat touch that they get multiple bonuses from it. Think I'll have her, MaMU with daughters Morgan and Nah clear some DLC maps.

Family time!

CorvoSol

Honestly if it wasn't for Nah I probably wouldn't bother marrying Nowi to anybody. I like her as the team kid, but the whole marrying her off aspect is weird for me, unless it's like, Ricken.

That said, superior Manakete is Tiki. I'm gonna straight up waifu Tiki this playthrough. If I was REALLY crazy I'd probably waifu Emmeryn and Priam.

CorvoSol

Too bad Tiki ain't got not kids (other than Morgan).

It is too bad, but Tiki is still where it's at for Manaketes.

Damn. That sounds deadly.

My current Nah rolls with Ignis and it almost seems unfair. She rolls over high-star DLC maps and I haven't even gotten to purchasable Dragonstone+ yet!

Speaking of this, I need some tips for Apotheosis, guys. I can't kill anything in that map, and I've grinded most of my team through all of their classes already.

Speaking of this, I need some tips for Apotheosis, guys. I can't kill anything in that map, and I've grinded most of my team through all of their classes already.
Rallybots and Limit Breaker. Forged Nosefatu/Aversa's Night, as well as forged braves are good. Tonics should help, as well as pair-up. Maybe Cecilia's Gale instead of Aversa's Night. Perhaps Galeforce to get 2 kills per unit, then Rescue them back out of enemy range?

Dawg

Can someone explain how to use shops and prevent weapons from breaking? Or are they supposed to break?

I mean, I don't understand why you should forge weapons that will break after 20 hits. And most shops only sell bronze weapons while I need iron/steel. It's a bit confusing. Also, do you lose a durability point when your character uses a weapon to defend himself in the enemy phase?

Also: pairing. I understand the unit you use to "join" the other guy is protected by that guy, but you can't use that one after merging? I know you can switch, but that takes a turn. Pairing a healer and knight for example. I can't heal anymore and only the knight receives xp. Every now and then, they both attack though. Guess it's random.

McNum

Weapons are supposed to break. But there's a skill that Mercenaries get that can get more mileage out of a weapon. Armsthrift. It has a Luck*2 chance of not damaging a weapon with use. It is possible to hit 50 Luck with some character, making the weapon unbreakable in their hands.

Pair Up is crazy powerful. But yes, you can only use one character from the pair up per turn. So if you pair up a Knight and a Cleric and need to heal someone, the Cleric will be exposed on the enemy phase. Although with a fairly big Defense bonus from being paired with a Knight.

The higher support level, the better chance of a dual strike where they both attack, by the way. Same deal with a dual guard where the partner blocks all damage.

Shengar

Can someone explain how to use shops and prevent weapons from breaking? Or are they supposed to break?

I mean, I don't understand why you should forge weapons that will break after 20 hits. And most shops only sell bronze weapons while I need iron/steel. It's a bit confusing. Also, do you lose a durability point when your character uses a weapon to defend himself in the enemy phase?

Also: pairing. I understand the unit you use to "join" the other guy is protected by that guy, but you can't use that one after merging? I know you can switch, but that takes a turn. Pairing a healer and knight for example. I can't heal anymore and only the knight receives xp. Every now and then, they both attack though. Guess it's random.

Weapon cannot be prevented to break. The only way you can repair a weapon is by using staff called Hammerne but that staff only two avaible in the game and while secret merchant sells it, it is pretty damn rare. Weapon also lose its durability point if your unit retaliation don't miss, which mean if they attack but deal no damage, the weapon still lose one durability, including pair-bot or pair unit. This is a sole reason why units with access to mercenary class pretty important as pair bot since you can give them legendary weapon or max-forged brave/master weapons without worry.

Well, paired unit takes action each turn as one unit which mean pairing a healer even when they are not staff-locked anymore is a bad idea. Separate takes action, switching means that the pair unit cannot take action. The only purpose you do this is too give healer extra durability. Like, for example, I Have Lissa as a main healer for early game. But she is so damned squishy and can't retaliate, so I paired her with Kellam. When the turn nearly ends and I need some healing, I wouldn't worry too much if Lissa go to the front even if there are some enemies left, (providing they wouldn't one-shot or one-round) her because the extra stats should make her can take a hit or two.

And that attacking together is called Dual Attack, which chance based though there is a formula to it.

ohlawd

Rallybots and Limit Breaker. Forged Nosefatu/Aversa's Night, as well as forged braves are good. Tonics should help, as well as pair-up. Maybe Cecilia's Gale instead of Aversa's Night. Perhaps Galeforce to get 2 kills per unit, then Rescue them back out of enemy range?

Tonics are so easy to come by and their little boosts add up. Pair up is pretty much mandatory.

Leave forged Aversa's Night to your Armsthrift Sorcerers. Otherwise, give everyone else forged Celica's Gale and Brave weapons.

Two Galeforce users per pair is nice. Kill one, switch, kill with second unit, then either kill with first or second unit or run away. Rescue works too. Have some Physic staves handy.

GamerSoul

Honestly if it wasn't for Nah I probably wouldn't bother marrying Nowi to anybody. I like her as the team kid, but the whole marrying her off aspect is weird for me, unless it's like, Ricken.

That said, superior Manakete is Tiki. I'm gonna straight up waifu Tiki this playthrough. If I was REALLY crazy I'd probably waifu Emmeryn and Priam.

Damn. That sounds deadly.

My current Nah rolls with Ignis and it almost seems unfair. She rolls over high-star DLC maps and I haven't even gotten to purchasable Dragonstone+ yet!

<3 Nah might waifu her next playthrough. I didn't like Nowi much so it was a pleasant surprise to see how Nah turned out. I have her as a swordmaster in one file and a dark knight in the other. The dark knight is obviously better but she's so good and that;s without really caring about her parent stats/skills so much.

Top Bottom