• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

3 hour in. So far I'm enjoying this game very much. However, I have a question about random encouters. The first one appeared after chapter 2, and my party was 5-6 levels behind. After chapter 4, another random encounter appeared on the map, and their levels were also quite above mine.

Should I try fighting those high level mobs? Or should I just wait for random encounters, that are more on my level?

Oh, and can I somehow check mobs levels before going into random battle?
The enemy level in the Skirmish battles are dependent on what map they appear on. Usually they're a little tougher than the chapter you played there at first, but not my much. So an encounter on the Prologue map is easy, but an encounter on a late game map will be max level or close.

If you just want to check, you can start the fight and back out instead of picking "Fight!" on the preparation screen.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So I bought this game a while ago and finally just started it. I never really got into these types of games, but I must say it's fantastic. I'm about 4 hours in and keep getting an urge to play. Unfortunately, i've let both my healers die so far, so I have to keep buying vulenaries.

EDIT: Dammit I checked and I think all 3 of my healers so far in the game have did. Am I fucked?

Anteo

So I bought this game a while ago and finally just started it. I never really got into these types of games, but I must say it's fantastic. I'm about 4 hours in and keep getting an urge to play. Unfortunately, i've let both my healers die so far, so I have to keep buying vulenaries.

EDIT: Dammit I checked and I think all 3 of my healers so far in the game have did. Am I fucked?

For starters, both Maribelle and Lissa unlock an extra character each later on the game, so you are not only missing you healers. These characters are generally stronger than the main cast.

Also you can always donwload a healer from spotpass and recruit them,

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
For starters, both Maribelle and Lissa unlock an extra character each later on the game, so you are not only missing you healers. These characters are generally stronger than the main cast.

Also you can always donwload a healer from spotpass and recruit them,

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck there goes 4 hours, at least I can skip cutscenes. That's what I get for being a total n00b at these types of games.

Anteo

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck there goes 4 hours, at least I can skip cutscenes. That's what I get for being a total n00b at these types of games.

You dont really need them btw. I recomend you to focus on these extra characters after you finish the game once if you want to keep playing. Or play on casual/newcomer

Also for your healers, focus on one healer, and use heal as many times as you can, even when a ally has 27/28 hp. Basically try to heal once every turn. Lissa is alwyas the first to promote in my runs (and the first to become a beast that cant be touch and counter twice on every enemy)

Wunder

Also for your healers, focus on one healer, and use heal as many times as you can, even when a ally has 27/28 hp. Basically try to heal once every turn. Lissa is alwyas the first to promote in my runs (and the first to become a beast that cant be touch and counter twice on every enemy)

This is a pretty good tip that I only realized 5-6 hours in. Since then I've been trying to spam heal as much as possible, as efficiently as possible. I realized that there was no real point in 'saving' heal/mend usages because they are pretty widely available for purchase.

CorvoSol

You know I never cared much for Virion. In the end I just paired him off with Sully. Rarely used him.

I like the two of them together, but I admit I rarely used him.

Today is my birthday and my waifu and children did not do as good at wishing me a happy birthday as the slaves, er, animals in my animal crossing town. Tut. Tut.

Wunder

Goat? Lon'qu is a beast, mine made one heck of a kid with Cherche.

Oh man, that sounds like a great pairing! Also I just finished Chapter 13, that was a bit of a doozy. I married Gregor off to Nowi because they were cute together but now I'm kind of regretting it because Nowi has shitall for skills.

rugioh

Banned
Just started playing this week, having a blast but whats the best way to level my unused units? the DLC EXPerience early on right?

Chrom

Just started playing this week, having a blast but whats the best way to level my unused units? the DLC EXPerience early on right?

That'd be pretty good, yeah. Just watch out for any of the enemies with Counter or else you'll get screwed.

CorvoSol

I feel sad only now finding out that the Dread Fighter is like a Ninja or something. Also: Is DLC stage music only played the first trip through a stage? No way to get it to play again?

Oh, and Noire and Laurent's S Rank is kind of crazy.

Chrom

Is DLC stage music only played the first trip through a stage? No way to get it to play again?

That's apparently a glitch. It's believed that if you go through the opening sequence of the chapter too fast, you end up starting the map before the DLC song ever loads, meaning you end up with only the default songs available.

ohlawd

That's apparently a glitch. It's believed that if you go through the opening sequence of the chapter too fast, you end up starting the map before the DLC song ever loads, meaning you end up with only the default songs available.

Oh so that's why.

Dual audio glitch, DLC music glitch. y dey all related 2 sounds?

Ultimadrago

I started this game a little while back and can't put it down. I'm at about 50+ hours now.

Recently had my MU x Nowi pairing make dragon daughters and then got them to reclassing for skills. They are amazing.

-Horizon-

I started this game a little while back and can't put it down. I'm at about 50+ hours now.

Recently had my MU x Nowi pairing make dragon daughters and then got them to reclassing for skills. They are amazing.
I feel like Tiki should've been able to have a child as well. Just to have more Manakete characters in the game.

Ragus

Banned
Just finished Chapter 10.

Man, this game is so good. Not only gameplay mechanics are very fun, but also the plot is quite stellar, if you ask me. Nothing mindblowing, but still, very engaging.

Celegus

Just finished Chapter 10.

Man, this game is so good. Not only gameplay mechanics are very fun, but also the plot is quite stellar, if you ask me. Nothing mindblowing, but still, very engaging.

It does kind of peeter off after that point sadly, but it's still serviceable. The first half of the game has 90% of the pretty cutscenes.

Anteo

I had trouble with chapters 18, 19 and then steamrolled 20-25 but now I'm having trouble again

Any strategies for the endgame mission?

Take out the enemies at both sides and at the bottom of the map first, divide your forces to do this. After thas rush Grima

Mephala

I was flicking through the character gallery in the Extras section and, yeah... Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does Aversa in her default class have jiggle physics?

McNum

I had trouble with chapters 18, 19 and then steamrolled 20-25 but now I'm having trouble again

Any strategies for the endgame mission?
The mission ends when Grima falls. Since you can't save after this chapter, any and all items you use will be back when you reload the pre-chapter save if you want to pay DLC. So... Buy tonics, use the rarest staffs (like Fortify that is an AoE heal), go with the best possible equipment, like brave weapons or unique weapons, pack Elixirs, and then pair Chrom, Lucina, and the Avatar up with their S ranks (if they have one) and rush at Grima. The rest take up defensive positions to make sure the enemies from the south don't chase them. Use Rally Defense if you got it. They don't need to win, just survive. Then give Grima a taste of twin Falchions and whatever you Avatar can do.

ohlawd

Aversa definitely has boob physics when checking out her ingame model.

It's subtle but it's there. I know this because I've spent hours examining every inch of her body, all for the sake of science.

NeonZ

I feel like Tiki should've been able to have a child as well. Just to have more Manakete characters in the game.

It's kind of annoying that some of the dlc dialogue doesn't change if Morgan is Tiki's daughter. There's a Morgan/Nah conversation in the bonds DLC that doesn't make any sense for a Tiki!Morgan...

neoemonk

I'm about halfway through this game and made the mistake of reading about skills and how the kids are affected and now I want to reset. Ignorance is bliss.

GamerSoul

I'm about halfway through this game and made the mistake of reading about skills and how the kids are affected and now I want to reset. Ignorance is bliss.

Yes it is, you can always try that your next playthrough. Or You can always use another file slot just in case you really want to get all the skills now. There's nothing wrong with playing this game multiple times.
Mhmmm mini Tiki with triple G boobage.

Heh, you really can't help but notice them with the way she's standing. <3 Nah though.

What he said.

I really need to try another playthrough soon. I still don't have enough gold saved up to transfer my Avatar from my Lunatic run to my main file.

Mephala

It's subtle but it's there. I know this because I've spent hours examining every inch of her body, all for the sake of science.

I'd also like to confirm that the physics while not really enhanced, is definitely still present when using 3D... The things we do for science.

Darn it, you're gonna make me go look and check aren't you?

Of course. For science and general appreciation of physics!

I think she is the only one with physics though. I thought perhaps Noir would too but apparently they are bound tight, as is Tharja's and most other's are behind armor. :p

Sickbean

This game is consuming my life.

I'm just getting to the point where most of the earlier cast and using Master Seals.

Panne is just and out and out wrecking machine - I've paired her with Lon'qu and the two of them just carve through most units without taking a scratch.

neoemonk

Playing hard/classic. Only other Fire Emblem game I've played is Sacred Stones. No resetting. My team has been massacred. I'm going into chapter 18. Lost Frederick and Morgan in 17. When I finish this game I'll post my death list. Lost at least ten characters, maybe more. A few stupid deaths, but most due to reinforcements showing up and moving right away.

Rekubot

Just finished the main story, this game has kept me occupied for months! I think I'll try it on hard difficulty next and use different characters or the ones that died early on. Sumia with Chrom reinforcing her is ridiculously overpowered on normal difficulty; nothing ever hits her. She made the run up to the end far easier than the early chapters.

Anteo

Just finished the main story, this game has kept me occupied for months! I think I'll try it on hard difficulty next and use different characters or the ones that died early on. Sumia with Chrom reinforcing her is ridiculously overpowered on normal difficulty; nothing ever hits her. She made the run up to the end far easier than the early chapters.

She is pretty good early too in hard, she starts with so much speed that no enemy can keep up, you just need to be carefull about her health

-Horizon-

Science! :3

It's kind of annoying that some of the dlc dialogue doesn't change if Morgan is Tiki's daughter. There's a Morgan/Nah conversation in the bonds DLC that doesn't make any sense for a Tiki!Morgan...

The supports really make the game even better. But yeah, there were some characters I kind of wanted supports between. Cough cough
Emmeryn

I knew but did not care at all about it on my first play through

Of course. For science and general appreciation of physics!

I think she is the only one with physics though. I thought perhaps Noir would too but apparently they are bound tight, as is Tharja's and most other's are behind armor. :p

Noire is pretty...well stacked.

I would check it out, not because of science but because I like boobs, but I ain't because I'm too lazy.

How can anyone be too lazy for science?

Lost Frederick and Morgan in 17.

NOO not Morgan! D:

Top Bottom