• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

CorvoSol

Chrom ruins your top 3.

Put in Owain in there or something.

I was only talking about first generation. Male kids would be Inigo, then Owain, then probably Brady. Gerome looks cool, but I like Brady's attitude. Owain is actually the best, but I'm partial to the Dancer class, so Inigo gets that extra boost.

Gen 1 girls = Cordelia + Anna > Tharja > Lissa > All other girls > Pig slop > Sumia. Gen 2 girls = Severa > Lucina > Noire

And for the sake of reiteration, pretty sure Gaius is my least favorite first generation male in the game.
Libra is genuinely cooler.

Anteo

So... lets talk about Morgan.

If Morgan is probably from another timeline, why does he/she have a sibiling support conv? I mean, Morgan exists and interacts with the rest of the kids in Lucina's future, but when they came back is likely he/she went missing and the one we have is one from a good future (maybe the good timeline after Chrom, MU and Lucina save the world, after the endgame x years later). So is probable that bad future Morgan is still missing.

CorvoSol

I'd say it was just that Morgan had amnesia since that runs in the family, but I also prefer to think that Robin is actually Mark from FE7, too, so I'm not trustworthy on this one.

KiraFA37

..and being found by royal blood. I'd say Morgan is from 'a' bad future, namely the one in which the
Fell Dragon came from the future to prevent the kids from preventing his revival but failed, but in the end it is the body of the future avatar that is still the host instead of the current avatar, he probably survived the clash, died somewhere later.
The kids then jump with Morgan but he ends up in a different time line (the one before the one they jumped too) and then he bumped his head or due to the effect of travelling way father then necessary.
They are pulling some VLR stuff here without the science.

No, the real question is how
Lucina can remember his father and mother being close since Chrom was killed at the dragon table.

Anteo

..and being found by royal blood. I'd say Morgan is from 'a' bad future, namely the one in which the
Fell Dragon came from the future to prevent the kids from preventing his revival but failed, but in the end it is the body of the future avatar that is still the host instead of the current avatar, he probably survived the clash, died somewhere later.
The kids then jump with Morgan but he ends up in a different time line (the one before the one they jumped too) and then he bumped his head or due to the effect of travelling way father then necessary.
They are pulling some VLR stuff here without the science.

No, the real question is how
Lucina can remember his father and mother being close since Chrom was killed at the dragon table.

That one is really easy. The timeline was totally changed thanks to the travel in time. Events at the Dragon's table happen much later in the bad future timeline, also Say'ri and Basilo are dead at that point for example and maybe Chrom being hurt by a assasin at the beginning of the campaing made it so he took longer to conquer Valm.

Oh my I finally beat it. just going through the credits. Long credits. Is there a way to view them again later? Like I didn't get all the children and marry everyone yet.

KiraFA37

That one is really easy. The timeline was totally changed thanks to the travel in time. Events at the Dragon's table happen much later in the bad future timeline, also Say'ri and Basilo are dead at that point for example and maybe Chrom being hurt by a assasin at the beginning of the campaing made it so he took longer to conquer Valm.

I have no more questions. Thanks.

CorvoSol

Philosophical question: Do I pair Yarne off with Kjelle, or Nah? All other ladies are off the table and it has to be one of those two. I'm betting you guys will say Nah, but I'm actually leaning toward Kjelle.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Is Apotheosis/Book of Naga the final DLC and Spotpass stuff? Just wondering if we're done in the EU, now, too.

Apotheosis should be the last one. Not entirely sure with the weird DLC schedule EU had.

Philosophical question: Do I pair Yarne off with Kjelle, or Nah? All other ladies are off the table and it has to be one of those two. I'm betting you guys will say Nah, but I'm actually leaning toward Kjelle.

Kjelle or forever alone. Nah is too good for him.

Chrom

Yep, Book of Naga should be the last item for Europe. As far as I know the order's the same as in other regions but I think Europe got them at a quicker rate.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Okay, question time -- I didn't find an answer earlier, but I'm worried I missed it.

Just got FE last week to take advantage of the sale, and I'm curious about the marriage/children part of the game. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to "miss" children at all? That is, can I just play without worrying about it, getting S ranks, and eventually get all the kids born -- or do I need to keep track of which units are pairing off with each other?

2) Is there any -actual- problem with paring characters off? A cursory internet search had dire warnings about Chrom/Sumia, but it sounded like that was just due to insane min/max schemes.

Basically, I don't want to miss out on anyone... I'm only at Chap 7, so I wasn't that worried, but...

Okay, question time -- I didn't find an answer earlier, but I'm worried I missed it.

Just got FE last week to take advantage of the sale, and I'm curious about the marriage/children part of the game. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to "miss" children at all? That is, can I just play without worrying about it, getting S ranks, and eventually get all the kids born -- or do I need to keep track of which units are pairing off with each other?

2) Is there any -actual- problem with paring characters off? A cursory internet search had dire warnings about Chrom/Sumia, but it sounded like that was just due to insane min/max schemes.

Basically, I don't want to miss out on anyone... I'm only at Chap 7, so I wasn't that worried, but...

You can miss children by having their mother die or not having enough fathers due to them dying off. Besides that, you really can't miss any assuming you are keeping everyone alive. There's no time limit in recruiting the children either.

Besides class and skill choices, not at all. It only really matters if you want a certain class/skill for a child or looking forward to min/max the children. Otherwise, pair whoever you want to.

DDayton

You can miss children by having their mother die or not having enough fathers due to them dying off. Besides that, you really can't miss any assuming you are keeping everyone alive. There's no time limit in recruiting the children either.

Besides class and skill choices, not at all. It only really matters if you want a certain class/skill for a child or looking forward to min/max the children. Otherwise, pair whoever you want to.

Ok. It didn't SEEM very Nintendo/IS-esque to have "YOU ARE DOOMED" elements of the game, but I thought I should check on that.

If I keep everyone alive -and- recruit all the bonus characters, I theoretically have access to everyone/thing.

Question 2: Marriage happens when you actually go into the Supports menu and LISTEN/view the S level, right? So I could get a guy matched to 2-3 gals and then CHOOSE which support I view... and thus which marriage happens?
That is, the pairing doesn't happen as soon as S level is "available" -- it happens when I view it in the Supports menu, right?

Javier

Question 2: Marriage happens when you actually go into the Supports menu and LISTEN/view the S level, right? So I could get a guy matched to 2-3 gals and then CHOOSE which support I view... and thus which marriage happens?
That is, the pairing doesn't happen as soon as S level is "available" -- it happens when I view it in the Supports menu, right?
Yes, that is exactly how it works. You could potentially reach every possible S-Convo in the Support menu with a single character, but as soon as you read ONE of them, all the others become unavailable in that playthrough.

Also, married couples here are faithful even after death. If you have a married couple and the husband dies, it won't allow the wife to get remarried.

DDayton

Yes, that is exactly how it works. You could potentially reach every possible S-Convo in the Support menu with a single character, but as soon as you read ONE of them, all the others become unavailable in that playthrough.

Also, married couples here are faithful even after death. If you have a married couple and the husband dies, it won't allow the wife to get remarried.

Got it -- so there is nothing to worry about. Whee.

ohlawd

I don't know if it's pure dedication or necrophilia.

idunno man I just don't know.

oh god not talking about Lucina here btw.

I think if it weren't for the fact that Laura Bailey voices Lucina, I'd give her lower than a 6.

DDayton

Oh oh -- one MORE questions...

Streetpass only works one way for this game, right? That is, you get other teams to battle/trade with, but the results of your battle DON'T transfer back over with the next streetpass, do they?

I ask as while looking for info on any "one time" only elements of the game, I found FEA threads about how to develop a StreetPass team that could destroy almost anyone... but, there's no BENEFIT to that, right? Your outgoing team being beaten or winning has no impact on YOU, right?

I'm struggling to think of a good reason to create an "unbeatable" SP team -- it just seems, well, somewhat "jerky"... why would anyone want to go against a team they have no chance of beating?

(I had this same issue with NSMB2, where you can essentially get a "perfect" coin count that can never be beaten -- I intentionally tried to get a score as close as possible to 30,000 without reaching it or going over, to give the other person something to work for. Actually, it's fairly difficult to DO that... get as close to 30,000 without beating it... 28,996 -98 was as close as I got...)

-Horizon-

Is like she doenst undestand the basic things. The unrelated MU-Lucina conv is like "wait what? why? what?"
I'd be confused on basic concepts like
mixed baths
too if I've spent most if not all my life fighting and trying to beat the greatest evil in the world.
At least that's how I see it. I think seeing her being all innocent and unknowing of these normal things cute.

Oh oh -- one MORE questions...

Streetpass only works one way for this game, right? That is, you get other teams to battle/trade with, but the results of your battle DON'T transfer back over with the next streetpass, do they?

I ask as while looking for info on any "one time" only elements of the game, I found FEA threads about how to develop a StreetPass team that could destroy almost anyone... but, there's no BENEFIT to that, right? Your outgoing team being beaten or winning has no impact on YOU, right?

I'm struggling to think of a good reason to create an "unbeatable" SP team -- it just seems, well, somewhat "jerky"... why would anyone want to go against a team they have no chance of beating?

(I had this same issue with NSMB2, where you can essentially get a "perfect" coin count that can never be beaten -- I intentionally tried to get a score as close as possible to 30,000 without reaching it or going over, to give the other person something to work for. Actually, it's fairly difficult to DO that... get as close to 30,000 without beating it... 28,996 -98 was as close as I got...)

Yeah, you don't see any benefits that your streetpass team gets whatever that'll be.

Instead, it's more fun to create a trolling streetpass team.

"Trolling" as in "unbeatable" or "ridiculous"?

I just don't get the fun in making an unbeatable SP team...

More like punishing those who don't look at what skills you have. Like Snipers with Counter or uh more Miracle + Counter?

Basically trying to inflict the most accidental death to rage whoever you streetpass.

Anteo

I'd be confused on basic concepts like
mixed baths
too if I've spent most if not all my life fighting and trying to beat the greatest evil in the world.
At least that's how I see it. I think seeing her being all innocent and unknowing of these normal things cute.

Not knowing what that is is okay. Offering to join Chrom and MaleMU after the explanation....

Wunder

What are the blue stat bonuses next to each character? How can I tell where they are coming from? Also, what happens if I run out of uses on Panne's Beaststone and I haven't found a shop that sells more? Do I just have to stop using her?

oh noes Inigo's best dad not named Chrom isn't alive no more.

I don't know what that means :(

ohlawd

What are the blue stat bonuses next to each character? How can I tell where they are coming from? Also, what happens if I run out of uses on Panne's Beaststone and I haven't found a shop that sells more? Do I just have to stop using her?

I don't know what that means :(

When you pair up, the 2nd unit will give bonus stats to the 1st unit. Beast/Dragonstones and some weapons give bonuses, too.

Guess so. Nowi and Panne are useless in battle when they don't got rocks to play with. You'll see a shop that sells those stones soon enough, early in the 10s chapter-wise.

nah don't worry about it. Just min/maxing for kids.

What are the blue stat bonuses next to each character? How can I tell where they are coming from?

Blue stats are bonus stats. They come from pair up bonuses, your equipped weapon if they provide some, skills such as Skill +2 or Tomefaire that gives +5 magic if equipping a tome, the rally skills if they are used by someone else, the tonics that provide a stat increase if you use it or even the random barrack events where someone gains a surge in two stats.

-Horizon-

Not knowing what that is is okay. Offering to join Chrom and MaleMU after the explanation....
Well she did say she wanted to go in with everyone not just those two. Guess she just wanted to do that because it sounded more fun to enjoy the hot spring as a group.

Wunder

Blue stats are bonus stats. They come from pair up bonuses, your equipped weapon if they provide some, skills such as Skill +2 or Tomefaire that gives +5 magic if equipping a tome, the rally skills if they are used by someone else, the tonics that provide a stat increase if you use it or even the random barrack events where someone gains a surge in two stats.

Ah ha! Thanks, that was what I was wondering. Are the 'surges' temporary?

Guess so. Nowi and Panne are useless in battle when they don't got rocks to play with. You'll see a shop that sells those stones soon enough, early in the 10s chapter-wise.

I stupidly took Panne on a mission when she had 3 charges left, now she's a paperweight ;;

Should I be pairing up more often? I'm not sure if I'm playing the game right, but I just avoid danger areas until I know I can kill one or two units in a single turn, but sometimes that doesn't work out and one of my units inadvertently steps into a red square and gets attacked by 2-3 guys in a single turn. I haven't really been pairing up much at all because it feels a bit clunky/wasteful in that I lose a turn every time I want to separate/pair.

Ragus

Banned
3 hour in. So far I'm enjoying this game very much. However, I have a question about random encouters. The first one appeared after chapter 2, and my party was 5-6 levels behind. After chapter 4, another random encounter appeared on the map, and their levels were also quite above mine.

Should I try fighting those high level mobs? Or should I just wait for random encounters, that are more on my level?

Oh, and can I somehow check mobs levels before going into random battle?

Top Bottom