• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

Uuuuugh, I hope that mission becomes crazy easy after a point, then. Also: after using the bouqet once, can I later use an ordinary Second Seal to return to Bride class, or no?

Have to use it to return to the bride class.

My Severa can afk solo the map.

Draxal

Rogues and Redeemers 3?

Probably, I did it with a pair earlier, and they made it out with full health, just have to be aggressive in attacking two characters from range (Jaffar/Linus); and have two weapons types just in case they're using a breaker skill.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man,
the way they make Emm look like some sort of messiah, like the plegian troops abandoning en masse, is really cheesy.

Also merc donnel is indeed a goddamn beast.

-Horizon-

Does any of the following apply to you:
Are you under leveled compared to the enemy on the children's maps?
Are you reclassing your units?
Are you using higher type weapons like steel or silver ones as compared to bronze? Are you forging your weapons to improve them?
Do your characters have good support levels with each other? Like a B and up?
Are you pairing your units?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, I did it with a pair earlier, and they made it out with full health, just have to be aggressive in attacking two characters from range (Jaffar/Linus); and have two weapons types just in case they're using a breaker skill.

I'd imagine pair ups help a lot though, mostly from dual strikes and the occasional guard (especially if you go with an optimal meat-shield strategy). "One" character with max stats (and no Limit Break) is probably going to have some trouble due to the sheer number and variety of enemies, even with the most optimal skill setups.

Draxal

I'd imagine pair ups help a lot though, mostly from dual strikes and the occasional guard. "One" character with max stats (and no Limit Break) is probably going to have some trouble due to the sheer number and variety of enemies, even with the most optimal skill setups.

I assume max meant with limit break. I just think the chars in RnR aren't maxed out without limitbreaker, so the stat is just too huge in favor of the player with limitbreaker. The counter/lethality and all the breaker skills are the only real annoyances.

NeonZ

Why are the paralogues involving the kids so hard? :(

I'm a FE newbie.

The children paralogues aren't ordered or unlocked by difficulty. So, some can appear much earlier than you can get through them. Their difficulty is very variable though, so you can do some paralogues as soon as they open up, but you won't be able to do that with others, and there's nothing indicating which maps are easier or harder whe you play through them for the first time, aside from actually taking a look at enemy stats before beginning.

Anyway, you can just progress through the main story and get the child later, or, considering how you're playing on normal, buy some reeking boxes and grind in skirmishes to raise the levels of your party.

Soulhouf

I wish there was a mode that Game Overs you when you lose a character.

I totally agree. That's the way most of FE players play these games.

@Shahadan: unfortunately Ike has, like most of the other main characters, a generic class... Nothing disappoint me as much as how terribly they treated these characters :(

McNum

Wow at chapter 10. Not the most difficult of chapters, not the most epic, but props to Intelligent Systems for the atmosphere of that one.

That said, I'm getting a little worried...
Why is there a specific terrain type for "Bone" and why did that map feel like I was fighting between the disks of the spine of something really huge and dead, like say... a Fell Dragon. I am getting a strange thought on how the final map will look now, and I hope I'm right.

And in supports, you know the Nowi/Lon'qu C support is going to be good when it starts with "Hey Lon'qu! Play with me!" "No." Not sure if they fight all that well together, they're both a bit light on defense... Also got Anna/Avatar up to C. A bit single-minded, isn't she? Cha-ching!

Ah well, I need to hold back the Avatar for now. He's really hogging some kills that he shouldn't. Guess that goes with the AI I poster earlier. "If there's even a slim chance of Game Over, take it!" And a dead Avatar means Game Over, so the enemies get a bit zealous.

Chapter 17 was a pickel I can say that much, I lost Anna towards the end meaning I was incapable of opening those tantalising chests all over the map, then again I sure as hell wouldn't be able to stick around to open them with the way reinforcements poured in as well as previously stationary enemies deciding they'd had enough of my shenanigans and all stormed over, I was fortunate to have only suffered one loss.
It pains me to say it but I've got to grind up a bit more, at least Risen scuffles usually result in leaving with new weapons and bullion.
*Post Chapter 17 spoilers*
NOOOO, BASILIO! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BECOME MY AXE MAN! NOT DIE (in style), no wonder the game never let me use him.

Oh and I finally got my unit/tactician/ married to Olivia, so does that make her my waifu or something? it's fun having her occasionally get in a cheap sword kill and get buried in exp. What was up with
the sparkly marriage picture as well? I guess each tactician related marriage gets one, hell why does Olivia sparkle 24/7 in general?
And now I have no men left to wed, okay game, some more blokes would be fantastic right now, especially if they have axes, why do I feel like i've been asking for this all thread long?

Waiting for Ike to be available by spotpass is gonna be hard :(
We like Ike! We like Ike!
I forgot this was even a thing and now i'm joining the waiting game, Ike is the man.

McNum

Chapter 10 is without any question the best chapter in the game.
It was a nice touch that
the map had no battle music. Same sad music as the map view.

I can see how this map will be hard to beat in atmosphere, but I kind of hope for a few maps with a somewhat interesting layout.

Also, the map ended very fittingly. Chrom took out the boss with a normal hit followed by a critical hit with the Falchion. "Now I'm angry!" Perfect.

I'm thinking about the game kind of differently. An A team of the main cast I want to use for story then a B team for the occasional skirmish (which I only do for the money...eventually I should have a Leifs Blade and high enough luck to enjoy that). Occasionally one team will apear in the other but I think that keeps grinding the story cast down while being able to level up the other units.

That's pretty much what I did on my first playthrough. Have my main party full of happy couples of characters I liked and then there was a side party which was mostly on random encounters full of happy couples of characters I didn't like as much. I even had a third party of the DLC characters once my side party started to catch up.

Draxal

I'd imagine pair ups help a lot though, mostly from dual strikes and the occasional guard (especially if you go with an optimal meat-shield strategy). "One" character with max stats (and no Limit Break) is probably going to have some trouble due to the sheer number and variety of enemies, even with the most optimal skill setups.

Just tried it, wasn't able to do it because the map forces chrom on you and there's not enough choke points to put him in a safe spot, and she wasn't able to kill them all in time.

She had no trouble surviving even though Alm was annoying with both axebreaker and swordbreaker.

For the next Fire Emblem I want towns from Gaiden to make a return in some form. I do like the simplicity of just going directly to the shop from the map, but it would help with fleshing out the world more.

For the next Fire Emblem I want towns from Gaiden to make a return in some form. I do like the simplicity of just going directly to the shop from the map, but it would help with fleshing out the world more.

I imagine just having the pre chapter narrations would flesh out the world without making them build HD towns.

McNum

aaaaaaahhhhhh Nowi what the hell tendo. SIGH i'm going to pair you up with Gaius, stay away from Gregorr this is too creepy
You have to wonder if she's creeping you out on purpose or not. I almost want to see the followup to the Lon'qu C support.
In which Nowi does emotional blackmail to the gruff swordsman to get him to play house. He does.
Just wow at that.

Nowi is hilarious if you have a certain tolerance for creepy, though.

You have to wonder if she's creeping you out on purpose or not. I almost want to see the followup to the Lon'qu C support.
In which Nowi does emotional blackmail to the gruff swordsman to get him to play house. He does.
Just wow at that.

Nowi is hilarious if you have a certain tolerance for creepy, though.

I think any support where Lon'qu is basically forced to interact with a female is hilarious.

Einbroch

Banned
I did Sumia x Gaius, because screw this canon "omg Chrom i luv u" garbage. Chrom's getting the leftovers, probably that nerdy Mage.

Wiseblade

"After returning home to Themis, Maribelle became a magistrate who demanded equal justice for nobles and plebians alike. Her husband's name has been lost to history."

COLD BLOODED.

Anteo

"After returning home to Themis, Maribelle became a magistrate who demanded equal justice for nobles and plebians alike. Her husband's name has been lost to history."

COLD BLOODED.

Is there a generic villager guy or something that you can marry Maribelle to?

Chrom

Yeah, it's not possible for Chrom to support all of the early female characters. Panne, Nowi, Tharja, Cordelia, Anna, and Lissa are a no-go.

m0t0k1

Lost Kellam and Nowi in chapter 11. So restarted (didn't complete it). I love Kellams dialogue when he dies ("They... saw me?" hahaha). Mn that chapter is hard. Enemies spawning on forts? Like all the t ime? Damn it :(

Yeah i love that guy. I gave him Cordelia as wife they make a great pair.

Kurtofan

I did Sumia x Gaius, because screw this canon "omg Chrom i luv u" garbage. Chrom's getting the leftovers, probably that nerdy Mage.

Chrom and Sumia sounded like the most boring guys so I put them together, :shrugs:

My Lon'qu is with Mirabelle

I try to do mismatched pairs, the womanizer bowman with the bookworm mage, the rival with his rival's sister, the ignored knight with the rabbit woman (what)

Einbroch

Banned
So I've read a little bit and...is there a certain point that my characters should be married by or something? I've read that you lose them or they leave or something if they're not married.

Don't really want to be spoiled, but I don't want to lose mah partah members!

Draxal

So I've read a little bit and...is there a certain point that my characters should be married by or something? I've read that you lose them or they leave or something if they're not married.

Wrong Fire Emblem. You keep them permanently in this game.

Chrom

No, that doesn't happen at all. Marriage can be done whenever you'd like.

Wiseblade

Is there a generic villager guy or something that you can marry Maribelle to?

I love the idea that Maribelle was so ashamed of marrying down that she used her legal influence to destroy all records, then out of guilt fought to break down the barriers between upper and lower class.

Either that or EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF CHROM'S ARMY forgot to mention him to historians recording the war, INCLUDING HIS OWN WIFE. I'm really not sure which is worse.

ffdgh

Aside from chrom, they can marry whenever they want as long as they aren't dead/retired on classic.

Top Bottom