• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This game is so heavily favored to magic users, and there's a complete shortage of viable magic users in this game. Plus the fact that luck hurts the cap of both magic/str so it hurts ignis there (one your normal attacks hit for less compounded by the fact that ignis hits less due to the other cap being weaker).

Luck does hurt strength/magic, yes, but the hit is so low (minus 1 to both of them to maximum cap) when compared when you pick magic/strength as flaw (minus 3 both), you'd better pick Luck as flaw instead. And that minus 1 stat is even more insignificant due to the availability of legendary weapons and more importantly, forging.

Really, it is generally agreed that all in all, Speed/Luck is the best asset/flaw combo, especially in harder difficulties like Lunatic or Lunatic+. Well, of course feel free to pick whatever though if you want, hahaha.

Realyn

It doesn't effect hp at the cap, everybody caps at 80; and I'm not sure at the order you're using them but in general that's correct.

I honestly think caps don't matter too much/skill class selection matters much more.

I was going by that chart, so str as first.

edit: actually had a typo with -1

Xeno_V

From all the children which ones have proven to be the best for more people? I recently finished all paralogues and I am using at the moment Morgan (f), Severa, Cynthia and Lucina. I need more males to balance things a bit, where should I focus? Inigo seems to be the obvious choice, how about the rest?

Draxal

Luck does hurt strength/magic, yes, but the hit is so low (minus 1 to both of them to maximum cap) when compared when you pick magic/strength as flaw (minus 3 both), you'd better pick Luck as flaw instead. And that minus 1 stat is even more insignificant due to the availability of legendary weapons and more importantly, forging.

Really, it is generally agreed that all in all, Speed/Luck is the best asset/flaw combo, especially in harder difficulties like Lunatic or Lunatic+. Well, of course feel free to pick whatever though if you want, hahaha.

All i'm saying is the minus of Str or Mag to Ignis is so trivial. Speed is considered the best to help you double up faster in the early game which is the hard part of this fire emblem. In end game it really doesn't matter.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
From all the children which ones have proven to be the best for more people? I recently finished all paralogues and I am using at the moment Morgan (f), Severa, Cynthia and Lucina. I need more males to balance things a bit, where should I focus? Inigo seems to be the obvious choice, how about the rest?

Severa is a popular choice due to her getting free Armsthrift.

Oops, you want recs for the dudes. Hmmm, anyone really, although in general people do tend to gravitate more towards female kids... The Best Girl, Morgan, and Severa are so good......

All i'm saying is the minus of Str or Mag to Ignis is so trivial. Speed is considered the best to help you double up faster in the early game which is the hard part of this fire emblem. In end game it really doesn't matter.

Well, yeah, but sometimes min-maxing talks is fun :)

Eh, btw, might as well ask here: recommend me e-shop games folks. Here's my collection so far: Art of Balance Touch, Pushmo, Ketzal's Corridor, Cave Story, Gunman Clive, Zen Pinball 3D, Mighty Switch Force, Liberation Maiden, and Crimson Shroud. I am open for any genre, really.

TWILT

Banned

Best males were Inigo, Brady, Owain and Gerome for me. Gerome doesn't have access to Galeforce or anything, but he's still a great physical unit. All the kids are more than viable though.

Hey FE fans, just a Smash nerd coming in looking for your opinions.

Who are you favorite lords in the FE series?

What do you think of the results, annnnd, what do you think of Roy?

Voted Ike, Chrom, Lucina and Hector.

Not surprised by the results shown (glad to see Ike at the top though). I never liked Roy, both in Fire Emblem and Smash. My least favorite Lord by far out of the FEs I've played.

Mainly focused on Lucy, FE Morgan, Severa, Noire, Owain, and Inigo who all turned out to be splendid units.

Noire and Morgan themselves can make for some pretty broken Sorcerers.

As for males, Inigo and Owain can become some of the best Hero units available especially if you had them inheriting Galeforce from their moms.

Draxal

Brady,Owain, Inigo are the holy trinity of the second gen.

MicH

She gives you access to a pretty good character.

You let die the only Dancer in the entirety of the game (Not even DLC or Spotpass characters have dancers) and one of the best units overall, even being one of the few characters still useable on a non-grind Lunatic run.
Thanks to your comments I decided to tive it another go (didn't save over the save file). And I managed to defeat it with relative ease and I kept everyone alive! I think that finally made me realise just how powerful pairing up is. I basically paired up everyone except Maribelle. Paired up Lon'qu and my Avatar with Sumia and Cordelia, flew to the three forts to the northwest and setup, defeating enemies going up there.

Olivia was paired with Anna, Chrom with Donnel (LOVE THIS GUY), Libra with Virion and Kellam with Ricken (first one mention is "behind"). No problems at all - didn't even have to heal! Great run!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Donnel is really something.

The worst ----> The best ----> Then the worst again, hahaha.

And as expected, no one actually recommended Kjelle. Damn, poor Kjelle.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
...damn, this asset/flaw talk is making me want to start over again haha. I just chose HP/Luck. Is that alright?

-15 is quite a hit though. For harder difficulties I recommend Speed/Luck. On Normal, choose whatever :)

Oh, speaking of Lords, I might be the only guy in FE Fandom that doesn't like Hector. Bleh.

Draxal

...damn, this asset/flaw talk is making me want to start over again haha. I just chose HP/Luck. Is that alright?

How far are you into the game? The asset/flaw is more about the base stats/growth rates in the early game, it doesn't have that much of an effect in end game.

-KRS-

I'm only at chapter 3 so far, but I already restarted the game and chose Hard/Casual instead of Normal/Classic because I couldn't deal with the angst of losing a character lol. And don't want to just reload every time either. But I'll just stick with HP/Luck now. It can't be that bad.

Shorts

Neo Member
Thanks for all the responses! Personally I've only played FE:SS, so I only know Eirika and Ephraim well. And they're alright I suppose.

But from a Smash fan's point of view, I like Lyn, Micaiah, and I think a duo Eirika/Ephraim would be cool.

But it's nice to see what actual FE fans think of all these characters. I see them all as moveset potential and physical appearance. You know them for their personalities.

What do you guys think of... Caeda? Always liked the idea of her being a Lance user.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Crap, I just remembered that I chose Magic for my asset and that does nothing for my Bridal Morgan and Noire...

Draxal

I'm only at chapter 3 so far, but I already restarted the game and chose Hard/Casual instead of Normal/Classic because I couldn't deal with the angst of losing a character lol. And don't want to just reload every time either. But I'll just stick with HP/Luck now. It can't be that bad.

It's fine for hard.

0iYUvCi.jpg
This is my Severa on my hard mode casual/file, buffed with a rally bot/tiki's tear. She's not an optimal Severa either, I think people are underestimating how strong rally/support bonuses can affect a character.

Sleepy

^^ Holy shit.

So I'm grinding out supports for marriage and I am finally using Kellan...when he gets a kill he sometimes yells "Stealthy!" I loled pretty hard at that one.

And the Cordelia/Fredrick S conversation was sad and heartwarming at the same time.

NeonZ

What do you guys think of... Caeda? Always liked the idea of her being a Lance user.

There likely isn't much response for her outside of Japan. Marth's games, aside from FE12, lack characterization compared to later titles in the series, and FE12 is only fan translated. People outside of Japan also generally have no connection to Marth's titles as the first Fire Emblem games, unlike the Japanese audience.

Yeah, it's not possible for Chrom to support all of the early female characters. Panne, Nowi, Tharja, Cordelia, Anna, and Lissa are a no-go.

He's too picky.

It is a lifesaver for ALL THE SUPPORTS EVER since that's a bunch less characters I gotta marry Chrom off to.

Ike and Lyn are my faves.

Rather happy Micaiah is not at all that liked.

And Roy is one of the worst lords in the series.

Roy's the best since he has the biggest potential harem out of anyone.

Maybe we played different games? The FE games I know encourage me to play with a selected group of characters from the main cast. Having all of them viable all the times? Nope.

That's possible in this one though!

So no new game+ either? Man this FE threw away everything I loved. So disappointed!

When did FE ever have NG+? The most I can think of is Hector Mode, Creature Campaign, and Radiant Dawn's second playthrough, none of which are really NG+.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, reading up on marriage and children is giving my head a doozy.

Can I marry after 14 and still get children or does it have to be before that?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was talking more about having children. I guess if you're maleAV it can happen.

I'm not sure if I can keep discussing about marriage and children, seeing that I'm now feeling slightly creeped out at myself. :p

NeonZ

I was talking more about having children. I guess if you're maleAV it can happen.

Yes, if you play with the male Avatar, you can marry Anna and will have a child (female Morgan) due to the avatar having a child tied to it doesn't matter the avatar's gender.

I'm not sure if I can keep discussing about marriage and children, seeing that I'm now feeling slightly creeped out at myself. :p

Talking about shipping is a true sign you are a part of the fandom!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Dragonstones cannot be forged, bleh. But manaketes are awesome. Keep it for the final class though after nabbing all the essential skills from other classes.

Kenai

Should I reclass nowi and panne?

Not a huge fan of the beast forms combat wise.

Panne's stats in beast form are quite high, but the lack of range really hurts her. Nowi, however, is extremely OP in dragon form after she gets the passives from other classes and doesn't have the range issue.

Jirotrom

just bought a 3DS for this game, any other games I should get, I'll probably grab 2 more, thinking castlevania and Maybe monster hunter, lack of online is killing me on that though

Wiseblade

Dragonstones cannot be forged, bleh. But manaketes are awesome. Keep it for the final class though after nabbing all the essential skills from other classes.

What would you say is Nowi ideal class route? Manakete -> Wyvern Rider (For Strength +2) -> Griffon Rider (For Deliverer) -> Dark Knight (For Lifetaker) -> Manakete?

Link Man

Banned
just bought a 3DS for this game, any other games I should get, I'll probably grab 2 more, thinking castlevania and Maybe monster hunter, lack of online is killing me on that though

Etrian Odyssey IV, if you like RPGs with heavy customization.

Also, Super Mario 3D Land is a must.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What would you say is Nowi ideal class route? Manakete -> Wyvern Rider (For Strength +2) -> Griffon Rider (For Deliverer) -> Dark Knight (For Lifetaker) -> Manakete?

If you want to go Griffon Rider, I recommend to stay at it until you get Lancebreaker, at least. Deliverer is, in the grand scheme of things, not that useful.

Wyvern Lord might be a better pick just for Swordbreaker just to counter folks using Wyrmslayer, although they are very rare. I personally went this route for her.

I don't train her very hard though, since I know I am gonna use Nah and Tiki for all of my dragon-roaring needs :)

Top Bottom