• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Nohar

Hmmm...

Ok: what DLCs are worth it? I don't plan on abusing them, and the experience and money ones are a no-no. So, which ones should I get? Smash Brethren sounds interesting for the Bride class (and Lyn, because I love Lyn, and she's the only character I would buy a DLC for - WHY CAN'T SHE BE MY WAIFU?!). There's also Champions of Yore, that I maybe should buy as long as it is in a sale.

m0t0k1

Is there a way to get a spotpass character back. When i just started the game i placed my Spotpass Lyn on the map, but she was way to strong for me to defeat. So i just did a reset. After a couple of days she is gone and i wanted to recruit her :(

Is there a way to get a spotpass character back. When i just started the game i placed my Spotpass Lyn on the map, but she was way to strong for me to defeat. So i just did a reset. After a couple of days she is gone and i wanted to recruit her :(
Go to your Wireless menu and summon her team again.

NeonZ

Hmm i only see eliwood in there :p a well she will probably will be spotpassed some time in the future. But thanks for the reply.

Are you sure? Eliwood is the icon for the first localized FE, but once you select it, you should get a characters list with various names.

Yaari

My first Fire Emblem game. I really like it but damn, it is so difficult. And it kind of sucks planning what you want to do with a character for relationships, and then just have him/her die on the field.

Oh well, I guess that is what makes the game so good. I am now stuck on Chapter 4. I guess I can pass it somehow but apparently not without some characters I like, getting killed.

m0t0k1

Are you sure? Eliwood is the icon for the first localized FE, but once you select it, you should get a characters list with various names.

My first Fire Emblem game. I really like it but damn, it is so difficult. And it kind of sucks planning what you want to do with a character for relationships, and then just have him/her die on the field.

Oh well, I guess that is what makes the game so good. I am now stuck on Chapter 4. I guess I can pass it somehow but apparently not without some characters I like, getting killed.

I can't check anymore because my 3ds is at home and i am heading for college. I will check once i got back. Thanks for your help

At what difficulty level are you playing? If it is to hard no shame in going normal/newcomer to learn the game and go your second run for something like hard classic. Also don't always rush in to the enemy. press x to see the places where the enemy can attack. A simple tactic is to use a tank/ high defence character place him just in the enemy attack zone. and all your other characters in the safe zone. The enemy will now move in on the tank and you can swarm him in your turn with your characters in the next. So you can conquer little by little. Hope this helps a bit.

My avatar

20130423_140004_zps24773afa.jpg

Sendou

Hmmm...

Ok: what DLCs are worth it? I don't plan on abusing them, and the experience and money ones are a no-no. So, which ones should I get? Smash Brethren sounds interesting for the Bride class (and Lyn, because I love Lyn, and she's the only character I would buy a DLC for - WHY CAN'T SHE BE MY WAIFU?!). There's also Champions of Yore, that I maybe should buy as long as it is in a sale.

I found it surprising how funny the dialogue is in the "abuse" DLC's. Really enjoyed it.

ffdgh

For staves, I Rescue spammed.

For bows, no easy way about it. Galeforce and/or Pass helps.

This chair... this chair... this chair... this chair... this chair...

Lissa and libra
(character spoiler)
Emmeryn

are all I need for fortify spam <3

ramyeon

So 2 days later, 16-17 hours and boy am I loving this game. It's a shame how badly grinding breaks the game though. My Donnell can't be touched by anything, I don't think he's been hit once in the last 5-6 missions. And he one hit KOs every single unit on the field. Ridiculous.

Westlo

I've got to chapter 6 twice already before just completely restarting, my current run is going pretty well with me hardly using Fredrick, but just those random moments where I get caught slipping or RNG kills me.. i have to restart.

Like I was doing a Risen world map fight before doing chapter 5 and I have Chrom and my archer left to kill the pegusus risen boss to finish the map, chrom misses his second attack that would've killed, no sweat I have my archer... misses... fuck me... oh now he just killed Lissa gfg fuck you rng.

Velcro Fly

It was always fun putting Donnell and his wife pretty much off by themselves and letting them solo half the map. I mean it's game breaking but hilarious that I could throw him into a crowd and he'd rarely be touched.

So I upgraded Lissa from her base class to, um, the class where she can use an axe hoping that she can hold her own in a tight situation, and of course she starts with E rank. Then of course her ladle broke and no shop seems to sell them.

Is there an item I can use to increase weapon proficiency? Or do I just need to keep walking on the sparkly squares hoping they will increase it enough to level her up to a D?

FSLink

Banned
So I upgraded Lissa from her base class to, um, the class where she can use an axe hoping that she can hold her own in a tight situation, and of course she starts with E rank. Then of course her ladle broke and no shop seems to sell them.

Is there an item I can use to increase weapon proficiency? Or do I just need to keep walking on the sparkly squares hoping they will increase it enough to level her up to a D?

Just buy Bronze items.

ramyeon

It was always fun putting Donnell and his wife pretty much off by themselves and letting them solo half the map. I mean it's game breaking but hilarious that I could throw him into a crowd and he'd rarely be touched.
I just tested this out before and he can actually clear the whole map by himself. In one of the paralogues for the kids as well, so it's harder than the main story missions haha. Sad thing is I did a lot of grinding to change classes since I wanted to try out different ones and now most of my roster is broken. My avatar is pretty much on the same level as Donnell and Chrom isn't far behind :/

I really hope the difficulty ramps up so I can feel that tension again.

Draxal

I just tested this out before and he can actually clear the whole map by himself. In one of the paralogues for the kids as well, so it's harder than the main story missions haha. Sad thing is I did a lot of grinding to change classes since I wanted to try out different ones and now most of my roster is broken. My avatar is pretty much on the same level as Donnell and Chrom isn't far behind :/

I really hope the difficulty ramps up so I can feel that tension again.

It's not going to ramp up really; it's very much the danger of grinding and the biggest flaw in the game. (.ie you want to grind on 3/4 certain mothers to pass galeforce off to their kids._

Nohar

Things were ridiculously easy on Hard/Classic... And then Chapter 21 happened. Full of Sorcerers, along with the +50% Crit tomes and the long-range ones. Oh, and more pop on the sides of the map.

Flat what.

ramyeon

That's disappointing. There is this challenge map on Southport that I still can't beat. It's been there since I started, I think it's from Spotpass and Lyn is the leader of the army. Apparently if I beat it I can recruit her but I always seem to get killed eventually. There's one unit in her army that counters every attack Donnell does for ridiculous amounts of damage.

ffdgh

That's disappointing. There is this challenge map on Southport that I still can't beat. It's been there since I started, I think it's from Spotpass and Lyn is the leader of the army. Apparently if I beat it I can recruit her but I always seem to get killed eventually. There's one unit in her army that counters every attack Donnell does for ridiculous amounts of damage.

Maybe because the warrior on that map has.....counter? Just use an indirect attack with a throwable ax or levin sword.

I'm having troubles deciding who to match Tharja with. I was going to go for Gregor, but the gap in age is apparent.

Some bachelors after Avatar would be:

Gaius, for being the next best simply because of his supports with Tharja and his superior genes (Skill and Galeforce) compared to the others. Henry is another good choice though mostly for his hilarious supports with her.

Stat wise, Ricken is also a good choice if your going for someone that gives out more MAG bonus to Noire than anyone else. Though, since you have a problem with Gregor, this might not be your preferred option.

Either way, all three of them can still give you a really good Sorcerer Noire.

I hate Ricken and the idea of actually pairing the two up makes me ill

Nohar

Morgan?

Dunno how is the English translation but do names change?

Eeyup. In the French translation of the game, some names were altered:
- Morgan -> Linfan (wut?)
- Lon'qu -> Lon'zu
- Panne -> Palne
- Cherche -> Zelcher (well, "Cherche" means "to look for" in French, so instead they gave her a german sounding name. Oh well).

Draxal

I think the Lyn spotpass map is probably a little bit harder then the last of the story missions.

Some warriors will have counter (it's the enemy skill you have to always check for on hard mode in the later chapters). Counter only works on adjacent tiles, so you either to have to one shot them (they can't counter while dead) or attack from range.

Draxal

I think I'm changing my mind on Donnel a bit.

Armsthrift/Sol/Limitbreaker/Patience/Underdog makes him a decent avoidance based dread fighter tank.

ramyeon

Oh I'm sorry, I never tried the lyn map so I didn't know lol.
It's pretty obvious you were being facetious man ;)
I think the Lyn spotpass map is probably a little bit harder then the last of the story missions.

Some warriors will have counter (it's the enemy skill you have to always check for on hard mode in the later chapters). Counter only works on adjacent tiles, so you either to have to one shot them (they can't counter while dead) or attack from range.
Yeah it's definitely ramped up on difficulty, they really limit how many units you can bring and there are no safe spots right from the get go. I'll get it eventually haha. Not too fond of those bonus units anyway since they have no personalty or support conversations.

So then in a special class it'll always activate against a 20/20 unit? That really is useful.

they really limit how many units you can bring and there are no safe spots right from the get go.

That depends entirely on where the spotpass character spawns, so if you want it to be easier just dismiss the character and spawn it again and hope for a better map.

ramyeon

So then in a special class it'll always activate against a 20/20 unit? That really is useful.

That depends entirely on where the spotpass character spawns, so if you want it to be easier just dismiss the character and spawn it again and hope for a better map.
Oh wow, that would actually make it a world easier and maybe a nice challenge instead of just a massacre. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom