• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am such a moron. Without thinking I saved prefight when fighting a summoned team. That team is severely over-leveled against my team. Just saw level 8 and did not think about that sword master is actually the leveled class...

To make things really good, my other save is 7 hours back. Ughh...

Just... back out from the map :)

The folks in IS and Nintendo are so nice, aren't they, hahaha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Damn it Zeer0id, looking at your avatar makes me less patient in waiting for the Bonds DLC.

Hmmm... a blushing Lucina as your avatar.... Lucina is the avatar... Lucina and Avatar.

Awesome.

Sorry for Gunloc and Kincaido, yours is truly the best Fire Emblem related avatar I have seen <3

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Damn it Zeer0id, looking at your avatar makes me less patient in waiting for the Bonds DLC.

Hmmm... a blushing Lucina as your avatar.... Lucina is the avatar... Lucina and Avatar.

Awesome.

Sorry for Gunloc and Kincaido, yours is truly the best Fire Emblem related avatar I have seen <3

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Mine is the best in my eyes =P

BTW, someone needs that Severa avatar.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yay, done with my waifu.
8vUhrxp.jpg

For Nowi? Probably Focus, the Breaker skills (sword/lance), and Lifetaker.

Quick question: If you use a Brave Weapon, and actually manage to get 4 hits in on one turn, does it count as 4 uses or 2?

If Awakening goes by the precedent set in previous FEs, it counts as four uses. Astra doesn't, though I don't know if that also applies to the Astra bow.

My copy arrived today!

I was disappointed to see that the case had a two-page leaflet for the game...and the rest was packed with advertising. Not sure if I got a re-sealed copy, or if all the PAL / NTSC copies had an underwhelming leaflet too?

Spike

What are the best classes for each of the characters? I've master sealed Robin, Chrom, Sumia, and Lyssa, but what about the others? What is the best balance for the rest of the line up?

My copy arrived today!

I was disappointed to see that the case had a two-page leaflet for the game...and the rest was packed with advertising. Not sure if I got a re-sealed copy, or if all the PAL / NTSC copies had an underwhelming leaflet too?

All Nintendo games on 3DS have been like that, the real manual is an option in the home menu instead.

Jintor

Man I streetpassed some random with terrible stats... unfortunately they all somehow had monster equipment and murdered my scout :<

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Man, so many units acquired and I am only just done chapter 9. I want to level my other low level units but they are kind of weak and would easily get killed if not careful on the random conquests that are now appearing. What's the best way to get these guys leveled up since I want Don the farm boy to become awesome?

Bradach

I'm thinking about picking this up today. I've never tried a Fire Emblem game though. I've read that you can choose perma death at the beginning of the game but what happens if the main character dies in battle? How does that effect the story?

Apropos, which DLCs have character design most consistent with the main game? I'm talking strictly of appearances here.
All the DLC legacy characters are just generic unit bodies with avatar heads made to look as close as they can to their actual appearance. (Many of these miss the mark spectacularly.)

The only thing that really indicates their true appearance is their portrait art. Most have their original artwork for their respective games. A few (the ones earned in the paid DLC) have new artwork from various artists. These are very hit or miss.

The only one that looks like the rest of the Awakening cast in style is Katarina, because her artwork was done by the same artist. You get her from the final paid DLC, which hasn't been released anywhere yet except for Japan.

Leezard

I'm thinking about picking this up today. I've never tried a Fire Emblem game though. I've read that you can choose perma death at the beginning of the game but what happens if the main character dies in battle? How does that effect the story?
Game over.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dat feel of getting down to the last unit, but then got a unit killed because of a miscalculation. :(

At least chapter 12 is easy, even on hard. Sending donnel to a chokepoint with an armourslayer and watching him bring down one-third of the enemy army as they rush to kill him is hliarious. HILARIOUS.

m0t0k1

So a lot of my characters have reached level 15, but I haven't promoted them yet. Should I do it now or should I wait and get those last 5 levels? Do they matter that much?

Kellam is seriously my favorite guy in this game. His dream is to be noticable, how can you not feel sorry for him with a dream like that :(

It truly is one beautiful dream. Also he has been blessed by the RNG gods in my game so i always take him with me.

Jintor

These supports are so fuckin' rad

just wish i didn't have to like draw a graph before every battle to figure out who sohuld be chilling with who...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The last one that has Katarina is drawn by the Awakening artist.

All the DLC legacy characters are just generic unit bodies with avatar heads made to look as close as they can to their actual appearance. (Many of these miss the mark spectacularly.)

The only thing that really indicates their true appearance is their portrait art. Most have their original artwork for their respective games. A few (the ones earned in the paid DLC) have new artwork from various artists. These are very hit or miss.

The only one that looks like the rest of the Awakening cast in style is Katarina, because her artwork was done by the same artist. You get her from the final paid DLC, which hasn't been released anywhere yet except for Japan.
Thanks.

So how ridiculously overpowered does one have to get to beat that DLC?

Prax

I died like 5 times on Chapter 23, I think. >___> (And by die, I mean one person got killed so I restarted lol).
I really am bad at planing for spawning reinforcements and dammit a thief with a silver bow doubled an unpaired Lissa after he popped out of the stairs instead of going for Sully on a Griffon who I am sure would have survived!

Welp.. maybe tomorrow.. ;____;
The game probably expects me to grind more or use more children characters. Weehh..

But in related news, some of my old Fire Emblem artwork will be featured in Gamespot's Artist Arcade http://www.gamespot.com/tags/artistarcade
at some point when they celebrate upcoming DLC! (Where I can get Priam and finally marry my MU off??? lol)

I will draw new stuff for the game and series in general when I finally finish it this thing.. XT

McNum

Back to the start? that's rough. Can you quickly turn off the 3DS or is it saved immediately?
Fire Emblem doesn't have an Ironman Mode like XCOM. You save manually. Game Over just throws you back to the main menu. Just reload and try again.

While Fire Emblem does have permadeath on Classic, a death isn't actually permanent until you've saved. And L+R+Start is soft reset.

Oxx

PS I'm really disappointed in the lack of gay partnership in this game. A bit of a missed opportunity I think. Especially since the game is already "adult" as it is. Would have also made excellent free publicity! Just allow the player to choose whether they value offspring or not lol

Sequel wishlist:

- Same-sex marriage
- Feet

Shahadan

Same sex relationship won't happen, but there is a bit of that in the Hubba love test machine.
Chrom apparently totally wants my avatar's dick.

Jintor

Yeah but you can't view them in-battle which blows. I'm using my grinding time matching up C rank units so I can remember who to pair dudes with later

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes you can, the ranks appear above their heads when you select a character.

On another topic:

Did Panne just give lon qu weed?

Top Bottom