• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

tumblr_mjbpvftTHJ1r6xyrno1_500.jpg

Holy crap xD

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Chapter 3 lunatic down. Not nearly as hard as the previous 2 chapters. At this point the game might as well be renamed to Frederick emblem though.

Not looking forward to recruiting donnel on lunatic.

Also is grinding essential on lunatic? Or should I just press forward?

Chapter 3 lunatic down. Not nearly as hard as the previous 2 chapters. At this point the game might as well be renamed to Frederick emblem though.

Not looking forward to recruiting donnel on lunatic.

Also is grinding essential on lunatic? Or should I just press forward?

Well, your only way to grind is DLC so, if you want to grind and can deal with that, go for it. It's not a necessity from what I hear though.

Antiwhippy

Thing is, so far Frederick is literally the only one who is capable of doing anything without dying in one hit. I find it very hard to find any opportunity to let the other characters do something other than sit and spin if I don't want them to die.

So I'm not sure if those opportunities would appear in latter chapters or if I have to grind on some spot pass teams.

Also their equipment is so much better than mine.

Anteo

Yeah just finished Ch 2 and managed to get MU to level 6, and was close to get Chrom to lvl 4. Ch3 is stupid, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way just like Ch2. Lunatic be lunatic.

Antiwhippy

Any advice on how to get some levels on other character except for frederick? Only MU, Lissa and chrpomvare level 2.

Up to chapter 4 btw. Or have I messed up so far by not giving them levels during those chapters?

Anteo

Any advice on how to get some levels on other character except for frederick? Only MU, Lissa and chrpomvare level 2.

Up to chapter 4 btw. Or have I messed up so far by not giving them levels during those chapters?

Wait your chrom and MU are level 2 on ch 3? Well there is DLC if you beat ch 4. As I said I'm about to start ch 3 and my MU is lvl 6.
I really don't see a way to win Ch4 with no levels on MU. Maybe there is. But I don't know. That's why every time I got a bad roll on a level up I considered a defeat.

Anteo

Yeah man, I can't seem to get more levels on them without them just wiping out during enemy phase.

I really don't know what one could do after ch3. But what I did in 1 and 2 is:

(I assume you got Chrom and MU to level 2 in Prologue)
Ch1
- Chrom Paired with MU defending the Fort at the south, equiped with the Rapier, he MUST avoid that hit from the axe user (50% chance). If not, consider it a loss. Frederick must move to a position outside of the woods close to the starting point with the Silver lance equiped (the Bronze Sword should be in his inventory from last chapter, I think he will agro one of the guys that would otherwise go for Chrom. The AI will go for Chrom only if he is killeable with any % so he must avoid that hit for the AI to focus Frederick).
-Now Chrom/MU should go north and pick off whatever is alive after attacking frederick. It will leave MU exposed but he/she should not die after an attack (my MU is SPD/LCK). Frederick goes to that fort where C/MU were and equip the Sword and deal with everything coming.
-Now defend the North fort with Chrom/MU, having Chrom as the main unit. From that point everything should be easy. Virion/Sully can help with ranged attacks but is better just to fall back.
-Try to weaken the boss with Frederick and get the last hit with either MU/Chrom. The swords helps a lot to do this.

Ch2
- Get the elixir from Virion to MU or Frederick (bonus points if you did this last ch) Pair MU/Frederick and send Fred to tank everything, his objective is to make it to the Fort. At most, one enemy unit can get to the rest of your team if done right, use The transfer/pair up to get Miriel and Virion to a great position to damage that one guy and kill with Chrom/Valkie (in case he needs extra damage). Finish With any other if he survives. (I think I changed to the sword after Fred got to the fort)
-After a few turns only 3 enemies should be around Fred/MU. Most likely you will be able to kill one with magic and survive 2 other hits while one of them dies after a counter attack. If one of them is weak and can get in range of the team, agro it to get the kill with Chrom.
-Kill everything after the brigde with Fred+Pair. is possible to agro one weak guy but is better to say safe. Juggle the boss between the two forts with fred, so you can go to the other fort and hit him, repeat until low. Make him follow you to the rest of the team for a kill.

With All that I got MU lvl 6 exp 4, Chrom lvl 3 exp 71, Lissa lvl3 exp 72 and the rest mostly the same as they joined.

Antiwhippy

Man, seems like it has too much playing with the RNG for me.

I dunno, I'll see how I go first. Worse comes to worse I'll restart or just grind some levels from the spotpass teams.

Dysun

So I messed up and I haven't been pairing characters together to get their support up and I'm almost done with the game. Is that something I can do after to unlock the paralogues?

So I messed up and I haven't been pairing characters together to get their support up and I'm almost done with the game. Is that something I can do after to unlock the paralogues?

Well, you can get their supports whenever really, you're never locked out of the map.

Thorakai

I dunno, I'll see how I go first. Worse comes to worse I'll restart or just grind some levels from the spotpass teams.

Spotpass teams on lunatic only gives like 1 exp for battles if I remember correctly.

Anteo

The only point where the RNG can easly screw you is in the 50% chance thing, after that you can use vuln to recover Chrom health, is not much of an issue. But yeah lunatic asks you to play with the RNG. Lunatic+ is even worse with that, forcing you to reenter maps before starting the battle just because the enemy got skills that you can't deal with.

Also Spotpass teams give +1 exp per kill in lunatic.

Antiwhippy

Huh.

Hmm.

Ah well, whatever. I'll see how I go first. At least I got the hang of shepherding (*rimshot*) around with fred.

Anteo

Huh.

Hmm.

Ah well, whatever. I'll see how I go first. At least I got the hang of shepherding (*rimshit*) around with fred.

The first time I got into lunatic after finishing the main game on hard, I got destroyed and could not go past Ch1. Eventtually I made it to Ch2 by sheer luck and hoping the enemy would do a exactly pattern so Fred and MU could deal with other untis with little oposition. I lissa almost died in the last few turns, but Miracle Triggered. Ch2 was impossible at the time for me.

After that I deleted my Lunatic save :lol. And went for a no grind run on Hard, I actually found it quite challenging.

JJD

I'm playing FE for the first time.

I thought hard was a little too much for me at first, started again on normal but I'm finding it too easy now...

I'm at chapter 5, when do I get to promote people? My avatar is already at lvl. 10 of his base class. I have only bought/found one Second Seal so far...

Finally should I try to lvl. a lot of different character or should I stick with my favorite guys?

Also...were are the beards in this game?????? This sucks! Not even a single knight is bearded? Lol!

zoukka

Do you need to save anna in the second side quest to trigger something later on?

Also should I reclass Donny at lvl10 asap or does the villager class have any abilities?

It's funny that only now I've realised that the avatar has amazing strength... I've kept him as a oure mage so far lol.

Do you need to save anna in the second side quest to trigger something later on?

Also should I reclass Donny at lvl10 asap or does the villager class have any abilities?

It's funny that only now I've realised that the avatar has amazing strength... I've kept him as a oure mage so far lol.

Nope, you'll just lose out on an item you can easily find later in the game.

Donnel does learn a new skill at level 15 if you want that, otherwise go ahead and reclass him.

zoukka

Nope, you'll just lose out on an item you can easily find later in the game.

Donnel does learn a new skill at level 15 if you want that, otherwise go ahead and reclass him.

Is the skill worthwile?

I have no idea how skills carry on to advanced/different classes either :b I kinda wish they'd have a tutorial for that stuff. Not like ai need to know everything beforehand, but on hard it's kinda important to not mess things up badly.

Is the skill worthwile?

I have no idea how skills carry on to advanced/different classes either :b I kinda wish they'd have a tutorial for that stuff. Not like ai need to know everything beforehand, but on hard it's kinda important to not mess things up badly.

It's Underdog where you gain I think 15 hit and avoid if your level is lower than the enemy.

Any skill you learn, you keep it forever. The only limit is that you can only equip 5 skills at a time and the rest gets stored, there's no limit in the number you can learn.

If you learn a 6th skill, the game lets you choose which skill to store away. You can change your skills in the skill option in the menu in the world map or the pre-battle menu.

Oxx

I just had to make a dash to find a charger when the red light started flashing mid-chapter.

More intense than the game.

Antiwhippy

Blargh.

Stupid RNG. :(

On the other hand, at least trying to level chrom and avatar during chapter 2 isn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
And finally after 16 hours I have finished the main campaign. I missed three of the children characters and also two party members that could have been acquired during battle but I was very impressed that I never lost a single person I got along the journey (didn't realize about the way you get the white pale girl during battle) and I was very happy with the ending.

Excellent game and I've still got lots of replay value left to do. I think I will have to play the other Fire Emblem games now, I couldn't get enough of this <3

Frost_Ace

And finally after 16 hours I have finished the main campaign. I missed three of the children characters and also two party members that could have been acquired during battle but I was very impressed that I never lost a single person I got along the journey (didn't realize about the way you get the white pale girl during battle) and I was very happy with the ending.

Excellent game and I've still got lots of replay value left to do. I think I will have to play the other Fire Emblem games now, I couldn't get enough of this <3
If you want a game similar to this you should play the sacred stones on the GBA or if you want a more streamlined experience then you should get Path of Radiance or the first GBA FE.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
If you want a game similar to this you should play the sacred stones on the GBA or if you want a more streamlined experience then you should get Path of Radiance or the first GBA FE.

I am happy with any depth really but I really did dig this one for its story and characters. What are the best games in the series with memorably campaigns?

Westlo

*does chapter 16*
*has cordelia, sumia just to the left of the commander and a paired up MU/Luci ready to pounce next turn*
*gets cordelia killed by a bow shot from a hero or whatever the fuck class it is that doesn't have a bow on screen :(*

L+R+Start

My save file is only 12 hours long but my playtime is like double that lol.

I feel sorta bad that a lot of characters lose their seemingly unique body types when you up-their classes. :(

Tharja's just not as sexy as a Sorc compared to her Dark Mage outfit :(

Still don't know who to pair with My Avatar, got Tharja upto A with Cordelia and Anna upto B, Lissa is C and that's it for the female characters... might do a few supports with
Lucina
before deciding.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I am happy with any depth really but I really did dig this one for its story and characters. What are the best games in the series with memorably campaigns?

If you were okay with the story in Awakening you would probably be fine with any of them, aside form maybe Shadow Dragon.

Path of Radiance + Radiant Dawn have the best stories, in my opinion (not crazy about the end of RD though), but the series is more about the gameplay than the story in general.

Awakening has better characterization (but maybe not better characters) than most of the other games just because supports are unlimited and pretty easy to get.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Cheers for the suggestions, I'll probably go and play them down the line. I know I will replay this game again soon on hard and try some things differently.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Still don't know who to pair with My Avatar, got Tharja upto A with Cordelia and Anna upto B, Lissa is C and that's it for the female characters... might do a few supports with
Lucina
before deciding.
I think you've already subconsciously made your choice by having Tharja at A
Tharja choice is the only choice

Jintor

Tharja is amazing.

Whoever decided to make the dark mage a stalker wins a bajillion points.

If only Lissa were less likable! ;__;

Top Bottom