• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So instead of: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another, get turn, kill a third,
you will: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another

:(

Lol, don't rub it in, he feels sad already.

Having Sorcerer-Aversa's Night Morgan/ Hero-Mystletainn (more skill for Sol Procs) Inigo together is a death machine that can never be killed.

The only exception thus far has been on the Palla DLC map, I stupidly attacked a Risen without checking his skills, crit, got hit by miracle+counter, then he managed to get a hit on Morgan and did exactly one damage to kill her off.

Miracle+Counter is the biggest troll move ever on IS's part outside of Jeigan.

Anteo

Lol, don't rub it in, he feels sad already.

Having Sorcerer-Aversa's Night Morgan/ Hero-Mystletainn (more skill for Sol Procs) Inigo together is a death machine that can never be killed.

The only exception thus far has been on the Palla DLC map, I stupidly attacked a Risen without checking his skills, crit, got hit by miracle+counter, then he managed to get a hit on Morgan and did exactly one damage to kill her off.

Miracle+Counter is the biggest troll move ever on IS's part outside of Jeigan.

Spotpass enemies with Lethality is even worse =/

Qurupeke

Damn it, I'm thinking of getting this game... I'm new to this series and this genre, but after pokemon conquest I really want a strategy game. And this one is too good!

LuuKyK

I just received the game so please dont mind the stupid questions but that number at the right side of the weapon/item is the numbers of times you can use it? What happens when it ends? The weapon breaks? Is there a way to repair it if so?

Im loving it by the way.

ohlawd

I'm getting this game... I'm new to this series and this genre, but after pokemon conquest I really want a strategy game. And this one is too good!

There, fixed.

You're getting this game, end of discussion.

I just received the game so please dont mind the stupid questions but that number at the right side of the weapon/item is the numbers of times you can use it? What happens when it ends? The weapon breaks? Is there a way to repair it if so?

Yup, that's how long until it disappears off the face of the planet.

You can repair weapons with a Hammerne staff but they're rare and one time use only. Not a good idea to use it on a run-of-the-mill weapon.

Buy weapons from shops and keep a good supply going.

TWILT

Banned

Yeah, the number next to the weapon means how many uses it gets before it breaks.

You only get to repair weapons with a special (though super rare) staff later on, but you're much better off buying new weapons.

-Horizon-

Im loving it by the way.
The number decreases when you use it and when it hits 0 it breaks. You can either use the Hammerne item to repair it (expensive and somewhat rare item that you can find randomly or at a shop once you get far enough) or you can just buy a new weapon from the shop to replace it. Quite a few people recommend only using the Hammerne to repair legendary weapons only and just to by what broke if it was a regular weapon.

How/when does the bonus box get new content btw? I don't get how it works.
Usually it updates during the same time you get new DLC in the store. It updates through spotpass so as long as there is wifi near you, you should be good.
So like when you put the game to sleep, the blue light notification comes on when it receives something through spotpass.

tauroxd

I just finished chapter 9 and it feels like the game is really starting to hit its stride.

I like all the new recruits I have run into, the missions feel a bit more open, and I just promoted my first character.

Keep it up. You'll love it even more later on.

I'll try, but there is a risen with a hammer that can kill Frederick in one hit.

You just got to have faith that he dodges it and retaliate against the risen (Try pairing him with Chrom)

That's probably the make or break event if you can pass the map or not, besides killing the boss.

Gregorn

I'm playing on Hard/Classic and feel like its way too hard for me. I've played FE7, 8 & 9, so I thought I knew what I was getting into.

I just can not do chapter 5 without anyone dying.

Santiako

I'm playing on Hard/Classic and feel like its way too hard for me. I've played FE7, 8 & 9, so I thought I knew what I was getting into.

I was in the same spot yesterday (but I haven't played those FE games), I just ended restarting on Normal/Classic, feels much better. I'll do a replay on hard later.

Haven't had time to start this yet, but bar some edits I've seen flying around, is the script mostly the same as the US script?

I think it's pretty much the same with a few term changes outside of the obvious Color to Colour, like Paralogue to Side Story and Ass to Arse...maybe, I still need confirmation on this one.

Blasty

You just got to have faith that he dodges it and retaliate against the risen (Try pairing him with Chrom)

That's probably the make or break event if you can pass the map or not, besides killing the boss.

This seems to be the only way.

Edit: Of course, he dodged it in the end. Thanks for the advice!

Frost_Ace

Chapter 5 and 6 are the hardest, it became much easier for me after those. I'd say now it's like I'm playing on normal (and I didn't even use DLC for grinding).

I think it's pretty much the same with a few term changes outside of the obvious Color to Colour, like Paralogue to Side Story and Ass to Arse...maybe, I still need confirmation on this one.

Someone showed me this:

Cz2JXo9.jpg

which is why I ask

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Later on, the game tosses you stat up items like candy.

You can use them on people you want to get a quick boost in some stat.

Are you referring to using Rift Doors or is there another way to get those. Because capping some of these stats (resistance!) is going to take forever with grinding and Rift Doors are pretty rare.

Fireblend

Banned
I love how most support conversations are food-related. I like to think that's Nintendo/IS's ways of giving gamers a hint on how to get ladies
KuGsj.gif
which is something I can corroborate. Knowing how to cook well is that awesome.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Are you referring to using Rift Doors or is there another way to get those. Because capping some of these stats (resistance!) is going to take forever with grinding and Rift Doors are pretty rare.

Well, if you check the Annas religiously, you'll definitely be getting more of them. I've had Annas semi-frequently have at least one stat boost item.

I think I have 7-10 of each (save boots, of course) that I haven't used yet, mostly because all the kids are near maxed in the important stats.

Savitar

The Kjelle and Severa conversation in the new DLC was quite the eye opener.....still wondering what that text that scrolled up so fast actually said...though got an idea.

ohlawd

Well, if you check the merchants religiously, you'll definitely be getting more of them. I've had Annas semi-frequently have at least one stat boost item.

I think I have 7-10 of each (save boots, of course) that I haven't used yet, mostly because all the kids are near maxed in the important stats.

True. I'm the same with 15-20 instead.

I don't think there is a way to farm Rift Doors. If there was, everyone here would have max stats for all their units already.

Obviously not everyone can do it, but if you have 2 3DSs, you can farm Rift Doors pretty easily through StreetPass Teams.

I get 2 or 4 a day, depending if I get 1 or 2 StreetPass hits.

(And the same for each stat-booster item.)

Sleepy

I'm thinking Tharja and Kellam for my game. Want to make a tanky Niore. Plus, it kind of makes sense that she would help Kellam find his true calling in life: Assassin.

Plus, it amuses me how he can sneak up on her in full plate armor. And he made her smile. Creepy.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Genius.

Everytime someone dies I've been restarting to get through it with everyone alive.

It's starting to tire me on the game. Might buckle. Seems a shame though.

froliq

How screwed am I if I let Maribelle die in chapter 5?

Try pairing up, if you aren't yet, for better chance of her surviving. Screwed? Not really. It's just another unit like any other really. I never felt the need to deploy both her and Lissa for a battle. You'll miss out on support talk and she can have a child later.

ohlawd

Obviously not everyone can do it, but if you have 2 3DSs, you can farm Rift Doors pretty easily through StreetPass Teams.

I get 2 or 4 a day, depending if I get 1 or 2 StreetPass hits.

(And the same for each stat-booster item.)

Ooh that works.

Too bad I'm waiting for the AC XL bundle to come out. I'm stuck with my crap OG 3DS for now :(

Top Bottom