• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Wiseblade

*does chapter 16*
*has cordelia, sumia just to the left of the commander and a paired up MU/Luci ready to pounce next turn*
*gets cordelia killed by a bow shot from a hero or whatever the fuck class it is that doesn't have a bow on screen :(*

L+R+Start

That's why at the start of a chapter you need to cycle through the opponents and highlight any of the ones actually carrying bows.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
3 and 4 lunatic down. Though I'm still afriad that I'm a little underleveled, especially coming into chapter 5.

Chrom at 5, av at 4, frederick at 7, lissa at 5 and everyone else is pretty much the same level as they started.

Demoli

Soo far my supports are.

Virion and Sully
Chrom and Sumia
Kellam and Tharja
Troubador and Little Wizard
The Vaike and Miriel
Lissa and Stahl

Working on the Dancer+ the thief (don't know how to level these, they are too weak for anything really)
Same for Nowi+ Donnel

Also, I bought the gold+EXP dlc pack and i can't play, what gives?

Edit: Also, I feel like battle monks are one of the ebst clases in the game. My lissa hits like a truck and heals for even more.

Realyn

Chapter 3 lunatic down. Not nearly as hard as the previous 2 chapters. At this point the game might as well be renamed to Frederick emblem though.

Not looking forward to recruiting donnel on lunatic.

Also is grinding essential on lunatic? Or should I just press forward?

On my latest lunatic try I finished chapter 3 with a lvl 16 MU/lvl 5 chrom/lvl 1 fred. After the prolouge my MU was level 6, while Frederick killed the middle guy on turn 1 and another one later on to lure the mage.

So supports, I think this playthrough will get all but Chrom for Sumia and then all same gender.

As a great lord? Lucina should get great pretty quickly. What have you done with her!
In my case I had
level 16 Chrom with bad stats and level 2 Olivia as her parents
. I've reclassed her and will hope she gains EXP (and hence stats) super quick to make up for that.

Though given chapter 14 has flying units and ones that might actually die to one shot with Virion it makes it harder to justify brining her. Or do I just lose out on dancing (and getting Olivia possibly to the point where she might survive a hit and/or only take one) this map.

Sendou

In my case I had
level 16 Chrom with bad stats and level 2 Olivia as her parents
. I've reclassed her and will hope she gains EXP (and hence stats) super quick to make up for that.

Do parents levels affect the children's stats? I didn't know that if that's the case.

Westlo

*goes to youtube*
*listens to chapter 10 music*

Sooo goood.

Does any other track come close to this? Overall the music has been great but this is the clear standout.

Antiwhippy

On my latest lunatic try I finished chapter 3 with a lvl 16 MU/lvl 5 chrom/lvl 1 fred. After the prolouge my MU was level 6, while Frederick killed the middle guy on turn 1 and another one later on to lure the mage.

Damn.

How much of that is luck with the RNG?

Realyn

Damn.

How much of that is luck with the RNG?

Not much to be honest. You need to start with +def and your MU paired with Chrome can survive 3 hits on the paralouge.

edit: Also mule over the potions from Lissa asap.

ninja edit2: It's really not hard to do. when the 4 meeles/1 mage arrive you have to put Fred in range of most of them. Then move your MU in a way that he can only be attacked by one meele guy.

Sadist

Hohohoho

Chrom x Sumia
Sully x Virion

Next up:

Lissa x Donnel
Lon'qu x Cherche
Olivia x Vaike

Antiwhippy

Not much to be honest. You need to start with +def and your MU paired with Chrome can survive 3 hits on the paralouge.

edit: also mule over the potions from Lissa asap.

Huh.

Alright, I'll give that a shot. Honestly +defence is probably essential anyway because you die so fucking fast in this game.

Just having my frederick be powerful is kicking my ass too at chapter 5, so I might as well restart.

Realyn

Huh.

Alright, I'll give that a shot. Honestly +defence is probably essential anyway because you die so fucking fast in this game.

Just having my frederick be powerful is kicking my ass too at chapter 5, so I might as well restart.

You are fucked on chapter 6 then anyway. It's the rescue one. On Lunatic you'll need atleast 2, better 3(Fred+2) strong units to hold chokepoints

Antiwhippy

I think you meant chapter 5, which is the mission to rescue maribelle and ricken, which yeah, I'm fucked in that. :p

Unless you have to rescue someone in chapter 6, though I can't quite remember what you have to do then.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Save merchant, get Hammerne. Thanks Anna!

On the off chance I don't go down the Avatar x Tharja route, how is the dark mage pairing supports?

Probably primarily +magic and defense, maybe resistance too? Along with more buffs depending on the unit's stats.

Edit: +3 magic and +3 defense, then anything else the unit's stats provide.

Realyn

No. For Maribelle and Ricken you have to use the rescue staff from paralouge1. Just move them close to the cliff and get them down with Lissa.

I meant the princess chamber rescue thingy.

Antiwhippy

Oh yeah. Shit. Forgot about that mission.

Yeah, I should restart, because with where I'm at now there's no way I'll be able to survive with everyone in that mission.

LOL at people talking about lunatic mode. I'm getting slaughtered on easiest difficulty. I'm used to other SRPGs that allow you to attack and then move, and I keep forgetting that I can't just hit someone and GTFO. That's my usual sissy strategy.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
LOL at people talking about lunatic mode. I'm getting slaughtered on easiest difficulty. I'm used to other SRPGs that allow you to attack and then move, and I keep forgetting that I can't just hit someone and GTFO. That's my usual sissy strategy.

You'll love Galeforce =P

Vortex566

What an absolutely amazing game. This is my first FE and it won't be my last, something about it just clicks with me. I'm hopeful we will see a WiiU version, as this is the kind of game the WiiU needs. I want to pick up the older games in the series, so where should I start? I'm based in England, so keep that in mind.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What an absolutely amazing game. This is my first FE and it won't be my last, something about it just clicks with me. I'm hopeful we will see a WiiU version, as this is the kind of game the WiiU needs. I want to pick up the older games in the series, so where should I start? I'm based in England, so keep that in mind.

There is a SMTxFE game confirmed for WiiU, and it's some sort of RPG, but I don't know if we know anything further. Playing like FE would make the most sense, to me.

The GBA games are probably the cheapest option if you go for cart-only copies. Just have to be wary of fakes. Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are better in my opinion (and better than Awakening) but are kind of expensive. I'm assuming prices over there are similar to the ones here, especially the GBA games since those are region free anyway.

And Shadow Dragon for DS is kind of okay, but really barebones.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Goddess Icon, permanent +2 Luck.

Chest on the left was a Bullion (L), right? That one is better anyway.
VaderNooooooo.gif

I already have sufficient funds, and I love hunting for perm stat boosters. Oh well, next time.. Unless I can revisit the map in a Risen battle - would that chest still be there?

Sleepy

My marriage supports (I don't think there is anything here as genius/funny as Tharja/Kellam, though):

Chrom/Misa (Avatar)
Fredrick/Cordelia
Tharja/Gaius
Virion/Panne
Lon'qu/Miriel
Gregor/Nowi
Kellam/Maribelle
Ricken/Lissa
Stahl/Sully

I just cleared the Dock mission and Master Seals are now abundant. So I am reclassing and grinding. Too many Rally * skills for the first skill upgrade. :( Game is seriously amazing.

Yaari

Do you guys level every single character? I've got plenty now, and only getting more. It is quite hard to keep them all leveled.

Also those signature weapons some characters start with. I probably used them more than I should and they are well on their way of breaking. Anything I should do before that happens? Seems like a waste to just see them go.

I never level up every character, even in a game where you can grind like this game or The Sacred Stones. Usually I just focus on my main games and maybe some side characters who seem interesting/strong.

Signature weapons? You mean like Chrom's Rapier? Unless you're a perfectionist I wouldn't worry too much about breaking them.

Later you can get Hammerne staves that repair weapons, but remember that completely broken weapons can't be repaired (since they disappear).

Furthermore no item is unique except for
Boots, Naga's Tear, Bullion (M) and Bullion (L) (and the Falchions, but those infinite uses)
and you can theoretically get endless copies of them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you'll get plenty of Rapiers and eventually Noble Rapiers. Killing-type weapons will be found in shops later on and Annas will frequently sell them.

Can't think of anything else that might be considered a "signature weapon." Falchion is really the only true "signature weapon."

That said, some weapons are harder to get than others. A few weapons like Aversa's Night can't be gotten any other way than through shiny tiles, barracks, and villages. And legendary weapons can only be replaced with the Infinite Regalia DLC.

froliq

I tried to level as much as I can in the start at least. It's very time consuming to get them all on equal level where they can hold their own. Some characters just drop off eventually, because of their growth even if they seem good right now and some might not fit the way you take on maps. Just roll with a good core and you can tag in some weaker ones for support convos when you do risen encounters.

Roto13

Apparently I got a streetpass at some point and didn't notice, because there was another avatar character on my map. Exactly like mine, except blonde. :p

Chrom

Also...were are the beards in this game?????? This sucks! Not even a single knight is bearded? Lol!

There are like one or two playable characters with a beard in this game.

Far cries from a beard like Dozla's, though.

Roto13

pFWZQyJ.jpg

Xater

I think Frederick kind of makes this game too easy. Why do they give you such an overpowered unit right from the start?

Roto13

I think Frederick kind of makes this game too easy. Why do they give you such an overpowered unit right from the start?

To trick you into using him, sinking all of your XP into him, barely leveling him up at all, leaving your other characters too weak to be useful, until you're stuck with one single powerful (but not powerful enough) unit in Frederick and a bunch of useless crap units.

Or as a safety net when you get in over your head.

Antiwhippy

Man I have no idea how Realyn got MU to level 6 in the prologue. Best I could do for now is 3 for MU and 2 for Chrom.

Might try another run later. Or stick with this one.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Tradition, it seems. Though on that note, when was the last time a Jagen-like unit was actually useless late-game (Ignoring the DS remakes)? I haven't touched the GC games, but FE7 Marcus was decent enough, and Seth was... Seth.

Anteo

He is acually pretty weak for his level. Enemies will catch up soon and you will be forced to grind exp for other chars. Consider that having maps to grind is the e1xception rather than the rule so in other fire emblem games you'd be fucked :lol (you are suposed to use him only to get out of bad situations otherwise you will be forced to grind to compensate)

We had newcomers on the first OT complain how easily frederick die. And asking why the hell he got weak all of the sudden!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Tradition, it seems. Though on that note, when was the last time a Jagen-like unit was actually useless late-game (Ignoring the DS remakes)? I haven't touched the GC games, but FE7 Marcus was decent enough, and Seth was... Seth.

Titania was pretty good, IIRC.

Frederick is probably the worst in a while if you take out class changing and grinding.

Also, Rift Door!

Sadist

Haven't used Fredrick at all. Maybe the first four or five missions, but mostly as back-up when things got a bit weird. It's more rewarding to use Sully or Stahl. Those traditional promoted characters aren't worth it in my opinion. Well, okay Titania in PoR/RD was pretty cool.

Xater

He is acually pretty weak for his level. Enemies will catch up soon and you will be forced to grind exp for other chars. Consider that having maps to grind is the e1xception rather than the rule so in other fire emblem games you'd be fucked :lol (you are suposed to use him only to get out of bad situations otherwise you will be forced to grind to compensate)

We had newcomers on the first OT complain how easily frederick die. And asking why the hell he got weak all of the sudden!

I am at chapter 17 and he is still a beast. Only some enemy types can give him a hard time. I didn't neglect my other characters so that's why I think he makes the game kind of easy so far.

Top Bottom