• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Nintendo Europe didn't get the memo that the 90's censoring days are over.
You should read some of the stuff in the German NOE games of the 90s. Along with pop culture references there was the occasional innuendo.

I think this is more of a "let's keep the PEGI 12 rating". I guess sexual content is a PEGI 16 (like how gambling automatically makes a game PEGI 12...which is why the Pokemon game corners no longer have slot machines* **). This makes me wonder, are the harvest DLC be full of this anime fanservice girls talking about their bodies gunk...or is that line the only instance?

*-For Emerald they found out last minute so had to just make the machines give you coins at random and not play any games.
**-That could be another reason to add to the list of "why we'll never get Pokemon Red/Blue on Virtual Console"

MicH

So instead of: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another, get turn, kill a third,
you will: Kill one, Get turn, Switch to Owain, kill another

:(
Yeah, it sucks but that's still better than nothing.

In other news, I fucking love Aether and Sol. And I hate enemies with Vantage :( Just completed chapter 16 (or was it 17?). Considering I just recently trained up both Sully and Gaius (and paired them up), they're kicking some major ass. God I live those two

Draxal

Are you referring to using Rift Doors or is there another way to get those. Because capping some of these stats (resistance!) is going to take forever with grinding and Rift Doors are pretty rare.

Well, they do throw Annas around like crazy. (also having a second 3ds around is kinda helpful).

ohlawd

Yeah, it sucks but that's still better than nothing.

In other news, I fucking love Aether and Sol. And I hate enemies with Vantage :( Just completed chapter 16 (or was it 17?). Considering I just recently trained up both Sullt and Faius (and paired them up), they're kicking some major ass. God I live those two

What the hell, they changed Sully's name to Sullt and Gaius' to Faius for the PAL release?

Who approved this?

Frost_Ace

Enemies with killer weapons are the worst ._.

an archer just crit'd my poor nowi, it's like the game is getting back at me for the bad things we said about archers earlier. :/

Realyn

After giving too much exp to fred on my first lunatic/no dlc playthrough I've just started another and ... RNG I fkn love you ... for once.

Finished prolouge with lvl 6 avatar and 9 speed/12 def ... lol.

ffdgh

Haha they censored Boingy bits? That almost seems....backwards.

So what about Severa and Kjelle's....interesting convesation in the dlc?

Guess how I lost Chapter 13
no, not the warrior reinforcements, just a stray longbow hit I thought wouldn't kill Olivia instead doing exactly the damage it needed, using that dracoshield in storage would have prevented it too...

You know I'm also really eyeing up the 1 chapter stat boosters, I don't hear people mention them much but they might be quite underrated.

MicH

Finally gave the Physic (I think that's what it's called) staff a try. Why haven't I used this before?! Man it's awesome.

ohlawd

Guess how I lost Chapter 13
no, not the warrior reinforcements, just a stray longbow hit I thought wouldn't kill Olivia instead doing exactly the damage it needed, using that dracoshield in storage would have prevented it too...

You know I'm also really eyeing up the 1 chapter stat boosters, I don't hear people mention them much but they might be quite underrated.

They are Severaly underrated.

They're dirt cheap and +2 in any stat can go a long way...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So, I miscalculated a move by one and that costed me the right-hand-side chest on Chapter 11. What did I miss, gaf?

MicH

Having recently unlocked a bunch of skills, I noticed a lot of them had to do with the Rally feature, which I didn't even know existed. So when multiple pairs/units (?) are close on the battlefield, this option appears. Right?

What does it do? Ups morale???

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Having recently unlocked a bunch of skills, I noticed a lot of them had to do with the Rally feature, which I didn't even know existed. So when multiple pairs/units (?) are close on the battlefield, this option appears. Right?

In a 3x3 diamond around the unit, having a unit use 'rally' raises everyone's (except for the user, I believe) stats by whatever amount the rally skill mentions until the affected unit's next move/turn. It also ends the rally user's turn.

I.e. Rally str raises everyone in the vicinity's str by 4 until the start of your next turn.

The same rally skill used by two different people do not stack on top of each other, but all of the individual rally skills will be applied by one character's usage of rally if they have more than one rally skill equipped.

Lets you create rally bots that with multiple rally skills boosts the stats of all those around them~

Metroidvania

With Rally Bots, Rally Heart, Spectrum and Speed

I'd go with that and Strength or Magic, maybe Luck as +8 affects a lot.

I leave the last one open for a defensive skill or limit break unless I know the unit is going to be surrounded/protected each turn.

MicH

In a 3x3 diamond around the unity, having a unit use 'rally' raises everyone's (except for the user, I believe) stats by whatever amount the rally skill mentions until the affected unit's next move/turn. It also ends the rally user's turn.

I.e. Rally str raises everyone in the vicinity's str by 4 until the start of your next turn.

The same rally skill used by two different people do not stack on top of each other, but all of the individual rally skills will be applied by one character's usage of rally if they have more than one rally skill equipped.

Lets you create rally bots that with multiple rally skills boosts the stats of all those around them~

The one using the Rally don't get the bonus.

With Rally Bots, Rally Heart, Spectrum and Speed are basically mandatory.
Ohhh this is good to know. So how useful is this? I've never used it before because I didn't know it existed. How often do you guys use it?

Metroidvania

Ohhh this is good to know. So how useful is this? I've never used it before because I didn't know it existed. How often do you guys use it?

Mainly for DLC maps, or Lunatic difficulty.

It's not really essential at all on normal/hard, since the enemies in the last chapters don't have capped stats or insane skills like your team can have if you grind things out.

But the later DLC maps have swaths of 20/20 enemies who often do have several maxed stats and powerful weapons, and can gang up and kill even a paired set of units.

Having the rally skills lets you trivialize that 'ganging up' aspect of encounters with you have a good rally bot, since you can huddle up without risking a unit getting picked off. It's also pretty important for the last DLC, The Strongest One's Name.

Draxal

It's used for the hardest dlc only really.

0iYUvCi.jpg

That's a fully buffed char with Rally Str/Heart/Skill/Speed/Spectrum and a Tiki's Tear with an S support.

Metroidvania

That's a fully buffed char with Rally Str/Heart/Skill/Speed/Spectrum and a Tiki's Tear with an S support.

Lol, I've never actually put all the boosts + Rally bot on someone like that, I'm still grinding out Palla for it. Amazing stuff.

I'll have to make better marriage decisions next game for the both parents and kids, I paired up several magic users with physical weapon users, and they get less of a 'key' stat boost.

ohlawd

Still haven't decided on the best 2nd gen pairings but that depends on who I want to be my main and paired up units. I got time anyway since this file is borked and I want to further optimize my 1st gen marriages.

Draxal

Lol, I've never actually put all the boosts + Rally bot on someone like that, I'm still grinding out Palla for it. Amazing stuff.

I'll have to make better marriage decisions next game for the both parents and kids, I paired up several magic users with physical weapon users, and they get less of a 'key' stat boost.

Morgan was the rally bot in that case as I passed along rally str to her.

In all honesty, my team was a mixture of both. I had Vaike/Maribelle for a balanced warmonk brady (axefaire to make up for his low str cap); and I did Fred/Lissa Owain because of Seth/Eirika.

Frost_Ace

Finally got Tharja, she's awesome! The chapter was pretty wild on hard, thank God I had Sthal and Gregor in the rear who took care of the wyvern reinforcements...

dafuq.

I pretty much breeze through the entire game. I get to the Endgame and now I need to go grind =/

Well at least all those bonus box chapters opened up. Which I believe won't be any easier lol

Anteo

dafuq.

I pretty much breeze through the entire game. I get to the Endgame and now I need to go grind =/

Well at least all those bonus box chapters opened up. Which I believe won't be any easier lol

What? Engame is way easier than the chapter before. Just send one ubit to left, right and bot and kill everyone around then rush the boss with Chorm and co.

rabhw

I'm quite early in the game so don't kill me, but does the game ever open up a bit more in terms of player control? As it is now, the game just seems like 4 mins of story, tap next dot on the map, battle, repeat.

Like I said I'm very early but I guess I was expecting it to be a more interesting game outside of the battle segments.

Help I want to like the game more, I think I'm just weird :-(

I'm quite early in the game so don't kill me, but does the game ever open up a bit more in terms of player control? As it is now, the game just seems like 4 mins of story, tap next dot on the map, battle, repeat.

Like I said I'm very early but I guess I was expecting it to be a more interesting game outside of the battle segments.

Pretty much everything opens up after Chapter 4 or so. As in you'll be able to do whatever you want on the world map instead of just heading towards the next story map.

Fireblend

Banned

Hmmm... I'd say this game is about as open in terms of player control as any other turn based SRPG there is in this vein, and then some, with the crazy amount of character customization there is available. So either you're way too early in the game where you can't do much but get to the next "dot", or this is your first turn-based SRPG.

rabhw

Hmmm... I'd say this game is about as open in terms of player control as any other turn based SRPG there is in this vein, and then some, with the crazy amount of character customization there is available. So either you're way too early in the game where you can't do much but get to the next "dot", or this is your first turn-based SRPG.

It's one of the first, no denying that! I read all the great reviews and figured I'd pick it up. I'll keep going though, good to know it opens up a bit more in the next couple chapters.

I forgot how getting careless in this series for even a moment results in someone dead forever lol.
Lost like 6 people so far. Both of my healers. Those are the ones that hurt the most.

But still, I'm going to stick to my guns. If they die they're dead, I'm not loading a save.

Ultrabum

I forgot how getting careless in this series for even a moment results in someone dead forever lol.
Lost like 6 people so far. Both of my healers. Those are the ones that hurt the most.

But still, I'm going to stick to my guns. If they die they're dead, I'm not loading a save.

I also just lost a healer, whatever, if they get 1 shot, they are not useful!

Top Bottom