• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

Is it? I don't really buy magazines since they take up so much space. I'd rather pick up an art book later. Or play mobage since mobage is where I play all my card games now. I would spend money and and tons of time on mobage, just not physical cards anymore.

I spent way too much money on Lord of Vermillion and yugiou in the past that I have no desire to collect cards that take up space. Even if it's FE Cipher I can't justify it anymore outside of like maybe a dozen just for the art.

That shit is such a huge money sink... I'd even rather buy doujin before that now.

Draxal

Is it? I don't really buy magazines since they take up so much space. I'd rather pick up an art book later. Or play mobage since mobage is where I play all my card games now. I would spend money and and tons of time on mobage, just not physical cards anymore.

I spent way too much money on Lord of Vermillion and yugiou in the past that I have no desire to collect cards that take up space. Even if it's FE Cipher I can't justify it anymore outside of like maybe a dozen just for the art.

That shit is such a huge money sink... I'd even rather buy doujin before that now.

I mean buying Dengeki Nintendo for the #FE insert, not the cipher card game. I'm the only one who went deep into that rabbit hole here.

L95

I've been pretty reserved with buying Cipher cards, but if/when they release a FE8 (or FE2) set I'm gonna flip out lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PoR and parts of RD are the only story bits that I liked to any real degree, but otherwise I don't care too much. I played Sacred Stones in Japanese before release way back when because I just wanted to play the game. Even then the story was pretty easily deduced even without text haha.

The west has missed out on most of the interesting FE stories, and that's a shame.

kswiston

The west has missed out on most of the interesting FE stories, and that's a shame.

The only ones we really missed was FE4 and Thracia. FE3 and FE6's stories weren't all that special, even by Fire Emblem standards.

So it's been many years since I turned on my OG NDS (I jumped on the 3DS bandwagon about 6 months after launch). I had it in my head that I would play my GBA copy of Sacred Stones, since it's been a decade since I touched it.

I either forgot or had no idea that GBA mode doesn't support the console's suspend function..... I'm debating double dipping on Wii U just for that convenience. How is the emulation?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only ones we really missed was FE4 and Thracia. FE3 and FE6's stories weren't all that special, even by Fire Emblem standards.

So it's been many years since I turned on my OG NDS (I jumped on the 3DS bandwagon about 6 months after launch). I had it in my head that I would play my GBA copy of Sacred Stones, since it's been a decade since I touched it.

I either forgot or had no idea that GBA mode doesn't support the console's suspend function..... I'm debating double dipping on Wii U just for that convenience. How is the emulation?

Great. FE 8 has suspend saves built in though; it saves the game after every move you make even without asking you, the ultimate in convenience.

L95

idk about FE8, but FE7 was fine in my playthrough (and FE8 runs fine on my ambassador 3DS, if that matters lol!). Though, you do forget, GBA FE saves after literally every move you make. This has screwed me over with the DS games, as I'd occasionally just turn it off instead of properly suspending and then I'm like "oh shit"

Though, my physical copy of FE8 wiped its saves recently :/

kswiston

Great. FE 8 has suspend saves built in though; it saves the game after every move you make even without asking you, the ultimate in convenience.

Hmm. Even having to boot up the game and load my suspend save seems like a hassle after all of these years of proper suspend. I have become lazy.

If the game still looks decent blown up on the Wii U game pad, I may just double dip. $8 is worth the convenience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hmm. Even having to boot up the game and load my suspend save seems like a hassle after all of these years of proper suspend.

Admit it, you just want to cheat! One of my friends recently played through FE 7 on Wii U and was like yes, I can finally really abuse the arenas!

kswiston

Admit it, you just want to cheat! One of my friends recently played through FE 7 on Wii U and was like yes, I can finally really abuse the arenas!

Haha. It's nice to have that option I guess. But I will probably just play a casual run through without worrying about min/maxing. The game on normal isn't that hard.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haha. It's nice to have that option I guess. But I will probably just play a casual run through without worrying about min/maxing. The game on normal isn't that hard.

It's a super easy game on any difficulty, though like most FE games the difficulty that does exist is front loaded.

gqYygkn.gif

Hey, someone finally got around to enabling access to FE7's unused version of the enemy range viewer. (Mapped to select in this case.)

Not actually relevant, but I like keeping up with this stuff >.>

Cool, sounds super useful.

For some reason it looks like Eliwood and company are partying. Ungsk Ungsk Ungsk.

is there a list of FE cipher illustrators, or at least a way to sort w/o checking every single card on official website?

gqYygkn.gif

Hey, someone finally got around to enabling access to FE7's unused version of the enemy range viewer. (Mapped to select in this case.)

Not actually relevant, but I like keeping up with this stuff >.>

:O

kswiston

Decided to just go with normal difficulty on my Sacred Stones run. Which path should I take? Its been so long since I played this game that I dont remember which path had the better maps.

Weebos

Banned
Decided to just go with normal difficulty on my Sacred Stones run. Which path should I take? Its been so long since I played this game that I dont remember which path had the better maps.

I believe Eirika's path is slightly easier. I can't remember the individual maps too well.

coopolon

Giving fire emblem another try with awakening. Reading about the dlc, it almost seems like a lot of it is just cheats, there's a special map for money, another for experience. Are these things advisable or do they just break the game?

L95

Giving fire emblem another try with awakening. Reading about the dlc, it almost seems like a lot of it is just cheats, there's a special map for money, another for experience. Are these things advisable or do they just break the game?

They're just there to break the game.

Shun

Anyway since I'm Asian, I like karaoke so here are the lyrics to the songs on the Fortissimo Edition CD if anyone wants them.

I'll definitely do the lyrics to the Fire Emblem song when the OST is out.

I added furigana, just like if it were karaoke, so I mean if you need it just get a kana chart and learn some words if you don't know how to read it.

I might do the rest of the songs when the actual OST releases. I'll probably do character and image song write ups later. Maybe practice some english and translate the lyrics to english, but I don't know how to really do that to match with the music.

Anyways here, this is the kind of lyrics that are in the songs and this is what Treehouse gets to localize.

The image dimensions are big and if you want the actual text or document let me know.

NeonZ

They're useful if you want to do some of the other DLC stuff with high difficutly ratings, but otherwise they're unnecessary

looks like I didn't quite funnel enough experience into Robin to pass Galeforce to Lucina

oh well lol

edit: wait derp I better restart chapter 13 to at least pass Veteran instead of Rally Movement

Draxal

Looks like some of the Comiket stuff is being released at the Cipher National tournament on Jan 31 according to the FECipher twitter.

CYdFXQbWAAE6LDh.jpg

Looks like Cipher is doing well enough (pic of a regional qualifier for the aforementioned National tournament).

Weebos

Banned
Looks like some of the Comiket stuff is being released at the Cipher National tournament on Jan 31 according to the FECipher twitter.

CYdFXQbWAAE6LDh.jpg

Looks like Cipher is doing well enough (pic of a regional qualifier for the aforementioned National tournament).

Looks like a pretty good turn-out, maybe some small hope remains for an English release.

Draxal

obviously the female players are in different room :^)

I beleive there's one brave soul with 2 x chromosomes in that first table. But yeah, now I know why they're pushing all those female exclusive events, must be intimidating.

is there a list of FE cipher illustrators, or at least a way to sort w/o checking every single card on official website?

I must have missed this post earlier.

http://worldofcipher.com/index/categories.html

neoemonk

I'm not up on my Fire Emblem news so please explain this upcoming release to me. There are three versions of the same game? Or three games? Is this a Pokemon X/Y/Z situation?

GSR

I'm not up on my Fire Emblem news so please explain this upcoming release to me. There are three versions of the same game? Or three games? Is this a Pokemon X/Y/Z situation?

Three games with some shared characters/maps. Basically:

Birthright: Side with Hoshido army, fight Nohr army, can grind EXP like Awakening and simpler objectives
Conquest: Side with Nohr, fight Hoshido army, limited EXP/complex maps like old FE games
Revelation: Eventually have access to both sets of characters, grinding possible, more puzzle-like maps, DLC/SE only.

Oftentimes the bosses and sub-bosses of Hoshido/Nohr are player characters on the other route. Some maps are reused, but not a ton.

Hi, I'm going to wander my way in here and try to blend in >.>

So replaying Radiant Dawn is hilarious because I just got done with FE6 HM with hilariously broken Milady and now it's like IS was like "hmmm I'm not sure Wyverns are broken enough, what if we took away their bow weakness and gave them really good availability"

I haven't even reach Haar yet but I'm so ready to roflstomp with him. I wish I could do this on HM though.

Top Bottom