• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Hi, I'm going to wander my way in here and try to blend in >.>

So replaying Radiant Dawn is hilarious because I just got done with FE6 HM with hilariously broken Milady and now it's like IS was like "hmmm I'm not sure Wyverns are broken enough, what if we took away their bow weakness and gave them really good availability"

I haven't even reach Haar yet but I'm so ready to roflstomp with him. I wish I could do this on HM though.

you forgot the part where let's also give them a magic type weakness and then completely nerf said magic

Hi, I'm going to wander my way in here and try to blend in >.>

So replaying Radiant Dawn is hilarious because I just got done with FE6 HM with hilariously broken Milady and now it's like IS was like "hmmm I'm not sure Wyverns are broken enough, what if we took away their bow weakness and gave them really good availability"

I haven't even reach Haar yet but I'm so ready to roflstomp with him. I wish I could do this on HM though.

Haar makes Part 2 final such a fun chapter.

you forgot the part where let's also give them a magic type weakness and then completely nerf said magic

And then you get a skill that takes away that weakness on the 2nd chapter Haar is available.

Draxal

Oh yeah, welcome to the thread new people.

This community was starting to get stagnant (basically me posting cipher/general merchandise stuff/teasing chrom/teasing aveyn about Sakura were the only things done here), so hopefully the new blood will liven up the conversations here.

Speaking of merchandise did anybody pick up the two cipher artbooks (third one's coming out with the PoR/Fates stuff) at Cipher Fes.

neoemonk

Three games with some shared characters/maps. Basically:

Birthright: Side with Hoshido army, fight Nohr army, can grind EXP like Awakening and simpler objectives
Conquest: Side with Nohr, fight Hoshido army, limited EXP/complex maps like old FE games
Revelation: Eventually have access to both sets of characters, grinding possible, more puzzle-like maps, DLC/SE only.

Oftentimes the bosses and sub-bosses of Hoshido/Nohr are player characters on the other route. Some maps are reused, but not a ton.

I don't know the difference between Nohr and Hoshido, but the way you described it Conquest sounds more appealing to me. Thanks.

Draxal

I don't know the difference between Nohr and Hoshido, but the way you described it Conquest sounds more appealing to me. Thanks.

Hoshido - neojapan - in general the good guys associated with white.
Nohr - western - traditional fire emblem classes with some greco roman influence - aggressors associated with black

Shun

Genealogy, Thracia has cameos from Genealogy that you would appreciate more if you played Genealogy first.

Int System has had female only cipher events.

That isn't really uncommon as some trains are reserved for female passengers and there are a lot of events that are made female only. There are a few MoHun events and competitions that are for females only. That isn't the case for some other events like Tekken Mastercup at game centers where there usually isn't any issues and one of the best teams and players in the world is a team comprised of 5 women who kicked a lot of ass that weekend.

Intimidation and harassment can be an issue at large events or gathering. It shouldn't be an issue but Intelligent Systems is at the very least doing something right.

Chrom

The recent Pokkén Tournament news has reminded me of how there was supposed to be a stage called Chrom Town, but it was renamed to something else later on.

Can't catch a break!

Shun

It's okay when you die you get to reincarnate into this. More than enough love and recognition for all your lifetimes.

601218.jpg

PK Gaming

The recent Pokkén Tournament news has reminded me of how there was supposed to be a stage called Chrom Town, but it was renamed to something else later on.

Can't catch a break!

This post made me laugh really hard

You never pass up a chance to capitalize on those Chrom jokes

Xenoflare

I'm never gonna get the Special Edition at this rate...

Frustration is part of getting limited nintendo items, so I wouldn't worry too much on missing out.

I just hope that they can keep the regular editions of Birthright and Conquest in stock. Hopefully enough that no problem could happen to them.

I mean, sure I know it's impossible to make Pokemon level of stock for FE, but with Awakening and this SE debacle the least I except from Nintendo is to make the regular editions relatively easy to purchase.

In b4 digital sale push conspiracy.

Greddleok

gqYygkn.gif

Hey, someone finally got around to enabling access to FE7's unused version of the enemy range viewer. (Mapped to select in this case.)

Not actually relevant, but I like keeping up with this stuff >.>

That reminds me of Crypt of the Necrodancer in fever mode. Now I want that with #FE music.

Okay, I finished part one and now I'm on Geoffrey's Charge. This map is super awesome and reminds me of an Awakening run I want to do.

BUT ASTRID

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

YOU WERE SO GOOD BEFORE

WHAT DID MAKALOV DO TO YOU

I can only imagine this is much more awful in HM.

NeonZ

Okay, I finished part one and now I'm on Geoffrey's Charge. This map is super awesome and reminds me of an Awakening run I want to do.

BUT ASTRID

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

YOU WERE SO GOOD BEFORE

WHAT DID MAKALOV DO TO YOU

I can only imagine this is much more awful in HM.

I got the impression that they balanced the characters around the idea of a skill system similar to Path of Radiance's, where you can't move something like her Paragon to other characters. But then they changed how the skill system worked and didn't rebalance anything.

I got the impression that they balanced the characters around the idea of a skill system similar to Path of Radiance's, where you can't move something like her Paragon to other characters. But then they changed how the skill system worked and didn't rebalance anything.
That doesn't explain anything.

That wouldn't salvage Astrid at all!

kswiston

So I am leaning towards Ephraim's path in my Sacred Stones playthrough. I wish I remembered my path from 12 years ago. How bad is that ship level compared to typical ship levels in the series?

Paragon is a lot less useful for her in this though, since you can't quickly level her with BEXP even more, and Paladin caps are kind of shitty in this iirc? She also can't really use it that much in combat anyways because Bowlock. Also she can't ORKO anything at base. It's definitely a lot stronger on PP monsters, who are naturally going to be better anyways.

Actually of the usually dominant classes only wyverns seem to be as strong as usual. Pegs and paladins both seem nerfed in this so far.

I played through all of Part 2 last night and it was about as cool as I remember it being. So far both FoW chapters have kind of sucked though. Map design in this seems kind of hit or miss so far, there's some really good ones but also some stinkers like 2-P or 1-9. It does seem like there's a lot more story maps than usual in this.

kswiston

Has fan opinion of Sacred Stones improved over time? I remember it being the least liked game of the first 4 we got in the west. However, we have since had Shadow Dragon, and it's definitely the closest template to what we got from FE Awakening in terms of branching unit paths, world map, etc.

Has fan opinion of Sacred Stones improved over time? I remember it being the least liked game of the first 4 we got in the west. However, we have since had Shadow Dragon, and it's definitely the closest template to what we got from FE Awakening in terms of branching unit paths, world map, etc.

It's probably the second-worst Fire Emblem now XD

I loved The Sacred Stones, but I always felt like the B Team made it. While the A team were busy making the superior Path of Radiance.

Sacred Stones is a cool game with neat ideas. I used to like PoR better than it but now they've flipped. There's some really, really cool maps in there like 10-Ephraim. It's not my favorite but it's pretty cool. Other than slightly-wonky balance I don't have any major complaints about it.

Draxal

Sacred Stones definitely has its fans (me included).

It does suffer a bit from sequilitis (not enough changes from FE6 > 7 > SS) so I think it hurts this.

I recently got the chance to play Awakening's Double Duel mode with a friend recently. It's actually pretty fun! My units were all postgame DLC equipped, and he was on chapter 6. His Frederick was pretty clutch with a Killing Edge, though, and he got some nice items out of it. I noticed that it uses a system of charging up Dual Guards and Strikes for paired units, which they brought into the main game in Fates. There was also some really crazy stuff in the higher levels, like Counter working on every weapon type while the enemy had 81 HP.

Top Bottom