• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

hutna

All apologies if this has been answered 493716284927 times (because I expect it has), but does the Revelaitions path allow for grinding like Hoshido?

Cheers thanks Triforce!

NeonZ

Couple questions:

1. Are the capturable characters any good? I'm particularly interested in
Haitaka, Daichi, and Nichol

Haitaka is good on Hard and great on Lunatic. Kumagera even more so. The main advantage for those two, aside from the initial stats, is that they start with skills from outside of their class lines which can be pretty useful, like how Haitaka will add Rally Defense before anyone else can get it in Nohr.

Nichol isn't really good though. I haven't seen Daichi yet. Generally, Capturing is pretty pointless in Hoshido and the neutral paralogues, since the enemies, including capturable bosses, don't have extra skills or very good stats. Add to that no supports and there's little reason to use them. There are a couple of exceptions though.

2. How do you actually capture people?

You need to use Niles or Orochi and finish off the opponent using the "Capture" command, rather than attack command. It's an attack with a slightly lower hit rate and with no dual attack allowed. You also need to have a jail built.

The Capture command doesn't even appear if the unit can't be captured (main characters with supports, non-human units, bosses that have a death relevant to the story).

I have 60000 gold in Conquest.

Does anybody even spend anything? I think I've bought two weapons this whole time and just heal and Mend staffs

Couple questions:

3. Are there any actual walkthroughs anywhere yet? Not really for strategy so much as "oh on this stage make sure x character doesn't die, or this character is capturable, etc."

oh, and a fourth question:

4. Does anything carry over between each game? Or maybe just between one of the games and the last part? Or are they all separate?

NeonZ

4. Does anything carry over between each game? Or maybe just between one of the games and the last part? Or are they all separate?

The visitant and battle records of the Castle, which give various bonus items, and the logbook, where you can register 5 characters when finishing the game, alongside characters gotten from other players' castle, Einherjar(copies of characters bought in a store), Amiibo units or Captured units and then hire them in another game, paying gold for them.

Ponn

Banned
Couple questions:

3. Are there any actual walkthroughs anywhere yet? Not really for strategy so much as "oh on this stage make sure x character doesn't die, or this character is capturable, etc."

I'm not going to be helpful but I tried capturing a couple units including Candace and I didn't notice any perks or bonuses received for it and it just adds more units to my roster that sit there unused. None of them were able to gain support levels.

So spoiler after Chapter 21 Conquest
I know they are trying to be dramatic and serious about Littlith but I just can't help laughing when you go to the temple and leave Daikon's and Meat just sitting there in front of her dead body. It got even funnier when a gold bar appeared and you're only response was "hmmm" And during battles its a little ghost flame in her spot? I mean, come on.

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone give me a number on how many battles you should do with a pair of characters to up their support rank? Trying to optimize my support grinding more.

You take that back.

People actually use Ryoma instead of benching him permanently? Indecent.
B-b-but he was my MVP by like 70 kills with half the chapters as Kaze. I'm legit not sure how I'd have beaten Lunatic's lategame without him, at least without grinding (which I didn't do).

Also I don't get the Setsuna love at all, dumb boring gimmick and design and she gets outclassed by a 10000x better unit for a not great class with a good design and personality.

Luigi87

While I haven't been using and grinding/optional maps in Birthright, Chapter 12 makes me glad they're an option.

'Cause I just yielded a bunch of potential EXP by just having Subaki ferry Corrin to the exit ASAP... Got the Hammer drop at least. Also the Dracoshield.

Corrin I think was third so kind I guess, he was the only person come lategame whose partner actually saw action. I regret nothing because fem myrms are great and Hana is too cute.

So I'm on Chapter 8 of Conquest, and I feel like the RNG hates me. There were very few times in all of Birthright that I felt the RNG was unfair and now it seems weighted aganst me.

My unit has a 75% hit chance? Probably going to miss.
Enemy unit has 50% hit chance? You better believe you are taking that damage.

Luigi87

So I'm on Chapter 8 of Conquest, and I feel like the RNG hates me. There were very few times in all of Birthright that I felt the RNG was unfair and now it seems weighted aganst me.

My unit has a 75% hit chance? Probably going to miss.
Enemy unit has 50% hit chance? You better believe you are taking that damage.

It's a stressful map.

Also the boss is pretty scary as well, lol

Ponn

Banned
Anyone give me a number on how many battles you should do with a pair of characters to up their support rank? Trying to optimize my support grinding more.

I don't have any statistics or verified data so i don't know how helpful I can be but from what i've seen I don't think there is a hard number for every character. Some units shot right up in support while some, like currently for me Xander and Benny, i have constantly in support formation battling on the front lines and they won't raise a support level for 2 chapters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Honest Character Blurbs

Haven't beaten Conquest, so I refrained from those characters until I see their supports.

So, i started birthright, was playing with as many characters as they would allow on the battlefield. But the xp was getting split pretty thin and i dont like grinding so i started going in with only 7 guys that i felt were my strongest.

It was working out well, then i lost one of my guys due to natural story progression, but i still has 6 really strong people and was getting through just fine. But now im at chapter 23 and my lack of numbers is really really really starting to come back and bite me.

For instance, my fighters are not dying, but there are certain times when i simply am not doing enough damage per turn and its causing me to get overwhelmed by sheer numbers. (certain missions where enemies keep respawning and i cant kill them before the new respawn)

What amount of fighters do you guys recommend? Also should i just break down and start leveling up a couple of weaker characters to make the game easier?

Squire

Banned
Does Setsuna have horrible growth or is it just bad RNG?
Everyone else's getting like 4 to 6, she gets 1 or 2.

She usually gets 3 for me, but yeah. She's hovering a little past 19 for me, but I've already promoted both Takumi and Mozu to Sniper. I like her supports, but as far as practical use in concerned, I'm thinking there's no point.

Nope. You can beat her and collect the EXP and it changes nothing.

I would have felt bad attacking. Though apparently the boss offended Jakob, because he just opened up with a crit. Then the boss missed. Well, happy to move on to more infuriating levels now.

Jims

Like a lot of Fire Emblem games, Birthright gets really easy when your units get freshly promoted. It's probably really difficult for Nintendo to balance the difficulty there (especially for grindy Birthright) since they don't know precisely when players are going to promote. It's just always weird going from a difficult chapter with a bunch of Lv19ish units to a series of cakewalks with Lv1-3 promoted characters.

The magic users in Birthright are a little disappointing, but Orochi has been surprisingly good. She has the worst speed of all time but has amazing magic. Made her an Ox Spirit +3 and have been letting her do precision strikes or clean up duty. I kind of hate the slow-but-powerful one-shot types but it kind of works for a mage. Great at chipping away at some of the bulkier enemies. Good attack stance partner too.

Hayato is really fast but his total damage output sucks. Anything with decent Def or Res laughs at him.

silva1991

Will I be able to up the difficulty if i choose "branch of fate" on my conquest playthrough?

So who did people pair their avatar with? Currently have Rinkah and Hinoka as potential S-ranked and am curious as to who other people here chose.

Hana, because she is the prettiest for me.

So who did people pair their avatar with? Currently have Rinkah and Hinoka as potential S-ranked and am curious as to who other people here chose.

Reset

So I wasn't able to get the Special Edition so I plan on just buying a physical copy of each version. If I do this will I end up missing anything? (I heard there was some new game content) And if I do this I only have to buy the DLC one time and be able to play it on both copies right?

Renewed

Support conversation can happen as quickly as one battle. Depends on how much use/how many points you gather for those units that can support.

I don't have any statistics or verified data so i don't know how helpful I can be but from what i've seen I don't think there is a hard number for every character. Some units shot right up in support while some, like currently for me Xander and Benny, i have constantly in support formation battling on the front lines and they won't raise a support level for 2 chapters.

...I don't think Xander and Benny have a support conversation. If you couldn't tell by checking supports to see if they have a conversation or not, another way you can notice is after exchanging blows in combat. If hearts pop up on the units in Attack Stance/Guard Stance/anyone nearby, they can have supports with each other because they gained points.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Silas. It was a huge mistake. Once you hit S-Rank he becomes super needy.

thefil

Gf is buying this and wanted to buy digital so she could pick which side she wanted once she got to the decision moment. However, on the eShop it's showing both editions as separate. What gives? What should she buy?

I paired my Birthright character with Hinoka, because she seemed like a really cool character to me. Now I'm playing Conquest with a female Avatar and I don't know who I should pair up with.

Squire

Banned
Gf is buying this and wanted to buy digital so she could pick which side she wanted once she got to the decision moment. However, on the eShop it's showing both editions as separate. What gives? What should she buy?

You have to buy one and then the second us DLC you purchase in-game for half the cost of the version you already bought. (So $20USD.)

Gaz_RB

You either buy both or make the decision before you buy.

Man Conquest 19 sure is a well drsigned chapter. What could be more exciting than enemies with high dodge rates, pass, and effective damage? Maybe if we added a shitty invincibility gimmick, lame terrain that mostly just makes you move slower, and make it rout? That is definitely a recipe for fun.

Anteo

So I wasn't able to get the Special Edition so I plan on just buying a physical copy of each version. If I do this will I end up missing anything? (I heard there was some new game content) And if I do this I only have to buy the DLC one time and be able to play it on both copies right?

By messing with the menus, i found there are some bonus items you get for gettng more than one path on the same game. Also, the eshop gives you a discount for the second path.

I decided to break up the ninja love story and paired my dude with Kagero. It wasn't all that cute honestly, but the stats worked greater and I got a kickass kid out of it.

Sora_N

Visiting random castles is fun, but what's the point of taking peoples' units?

Is it just for your castle defenses?

Also, I'm in Conquest - is there an easy way to make some money? I'm on Chapter 8 right now and used my money to buy weapons already.

After you marry someone, what are "events that will occur"?
I had a thing where Camilla was asleep and I had to rub the screen to wake her up, is that all?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rhajat

I'm pretty happy with the marriage all things considered. She's a lot better than Tharja.
Rhajat is a slightly more humane and likeable Tharja. (Also looks really cool with Sakura's hair color)

Does Setsuna have horrible growth or is it just bad RNG?
Everyone else's getting like 4 to 6, she gets 1 or 2.

She seems pretty good in my playthroughs, averages out 3-4 per level up and can do double attacks, I gave her a forged Iron Yumi +3 and does work better than Takumi.

If there's anyone who's stuck with RNG hell, it's Hinoka, stuck with 11 strength at level 15, cannot even hit anything.

Top Bottom