• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

So Keaton died right before completing chapter 24... I can still restart but that chapter was such a fucking pain in the ass and I really didn't use him at all. Sorry dude, you're the casualty. rip.

Draxal

I don't know, I guess I had Donnel blazing through maps by the end of Awakening while Mozu never had that sense of grandiosity to her. Maybe it's the company she keeps, because, like has been said, Takumi and Niles overshadow her. All of the other archers look cooler, too. Not that Donnel was the king of cool or anything.

Donnel's big issue is that you have to get him to level ten to reclass to another class that starts of at e, when there's a shit ton of other good sword users already.

Sigurd should be in the Next Smash game.

on a horse

Smashgaf would commit suicide if that happened.

khaaan

Started the game (Birthright) yesterday and got to around Chapter 8 or 9, can't remember.

Impressions:
  • Don't like the feudal Japan influences but I'm okay with IS trying different things out
  • Forget the waifu business, I miss the colors/art style of FE7-Radiant Dawn. I think the combination of 3DS screen/Aliasing/Uggo textures make it seem worse than it is.
  • Birthright isn't as much like Awakening as I was led to believe. Aside from Paralogue, there's only one optional fight per chapter. Sure I can spend gold but that would be going a bit out of my way, with Awakening just clearing the world map was enough. I like it.
  • I like the Dragon veins conceptually and it's cool to trigger them but so far I've never seen a tactical reason to not trigger them.
  • I'm interested in playing through the Nohr side after this. So far I haven't seen anything that puts Nohr in very good light, even the first 6 chapters. I'm sure there'll be twists and turns down the line though.

Questions:

• What's up with magic in this game? Is everything relegated to scrolls? Do scrolls have their own triangle?
  • When you first get introduced to your fort in Chapter 2 or 3, there's a thing you can feed. What do I get out of feeding said thing?

My people keep getting nailed by low percentage attacks from enemies and they have the weapon advantage. Percentage ranging between 42% to 55%.

Like always. Even after restarting the mission cause of lost of character, it keeps happening.

Donnel's big issue is that you have to get him to level ten to reclass to another class that starts of at e, when there's a shit ton of other good sword users already.

Smashgaf would commit suicide if that happened.

90% would still buy him and he's cool and tragic.

plus horse, do it Sakurai.
Make your Dreams come true

random probably-not-practical idea: max strength/skill/speed Charlotte w/ Aurgelmir can deal 23x2 damage with 47 displayed crit to the final boss in Conquest...that's with 0 support or boosts

I don't know, I guess I had Donnel blazing through maps by the end of Awakening while Mozu never had that sense of grandiosity to her. Maybe it's the company she keeps, because, like has been said, Takumi and Niles overshadow her. All of the other archers look cooler, too. Not that Donnel was the king of cool or anything.
The difference is that given the investment to make Donnel good anyone can be excellent. Mozu can earn her own investment much more easily (but it's still not worth it).

Draxal

I think two snipers are better than one and this is before accounting for the fact (I think?) Birthright players can't even get Niles.

Edit: Yeah, Reina's good, too.

Snipers in general are one of the weakest classes overall, just not as versatile as other classes.

Snipers are always my best characters, Rolf is always in the top 5 in GC/Wii.

90% of characters are usable in FE since most games are easy, even in Lunatic.
Well for me they are worth it.

Also Ive been using only like 8 characters, yet they give me so many placement spots

Kaze sure is a ladies man. I'm glad I restarted Birthright and made sure he stayed alive. Some of his supports with characters are awesome, such as his first with Hana.

Saizo and Kagero are great together, as expected. B and A support spoilers:
Its not surprising that they used to date but ended up breaking up due to stubbornness. It makes sense honestly. Its heartwarming how they still care for each other and I cant wait to see what their S support is gonna be like! It'll be weird pairing her with Ryoma knowing this though.

I'm also starting to get over Hana's VA. I didnt like it too much but her supports are great and her Live 2D model is well done.

Some of the pairs I decided on ended up being kind of lame while others were better than expected. I thought Hinoka / Silas would be good but that was kind of boring. I'm at A with them and I think thats the furthest they will get. Meanwhile, Kaden and Mozu C support was pretty cute and that happened by accident.

I think I'll hold off on any S support for any of the characters until I get to at least B. No rush, gonna take my time.

Insolitus

Banned
Snipers are always my best characters, Rolf is always in the top 5 in GC/Wii.

90% of characters are usable in FE since most games are easy, even in Lunatic.
Well for me they are worth it.

Also Ive been using only like 8 characters, yet they give me so many placement spots

For real, snipers and archers in general get too much hate for not being versatile enough yet they always save my ass when I need them.

Shun

The only archer worth mentioning and talking about in the Fire Emblem franchise is this one.

04633d87.png

that's why IS created Takumi :p

Well they had to nerf Takumi some how. Personal weapon carries him, if Zero had some legendary bow he would be much better anyway. So would Eponine.

Neol

Conquest 12 is pretty fun.

The map objectives on the nohr side in general seem to be so much better compared to birthright. Actually feels like a proper Fire Emblem campaign as Birthright in hindsight seems to be lacking.

Draxal

The only archer worth mentioning and talking about in the Fire Emblem franchise is this one.

04633d87.png

Well they had to nerf Takumi some how. Personal weapon carries him, if Zero had some legendary bow he would be much better anyway. So would Eponine.

Yeah, Tak's weapon carries him, otherwise his speed's just a little too weak.

Game pushes vanguard/defense stance alot, but having attack stance actually makes snipers a bit more useful.

Is there any chance of proximity shot being a dlc skill?

Wow Takumi is rude. Lost respect for sure. Fujin Yumi carries you btw.

points to those who get the reference

btw what are the weapon rank bonuses at S rank?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just beat Birthright Lunatic 15.

Jaysus. I didn't do an exact count, but there must have been close to 60 units. I loved that concept.

The one I didn't like as much was that half the map was mountains. Even with my highest skill dudes, hitrate probably hovered around an unhealthy 70%.
Made that a little more RNG than I'd like. That compounded with 1% crits eventually killing me due to the sheer number of battles made this map a bit more frustrating than fun.

Still awesome though.

Zaventem

I just found out what they did to Pegasus Knights growths. No wonders i've been barely getting any good levels. Why did they shit on a classic series defining class so hard?

Luigi87

... well so much for blocking off the reinforcements in Conquest 12... They just entered from elsewhere and looped back blocking off my units -_-

Dresden

did conquest 8 lunatic classic etc etc last night. Pretty interesting map, no idea how anyone gets three houses or more though, by the time I rushed to the second one to the west the third one was popping out enemies.

04633d87.png

damn, ayane sakura. pls dual audio

CSX

04633d87.png

I agree. Should have clarified a bit more

Wished Hana also got a personal god weapon. It be like having two Ryomas :p

Shun

Yeah, Tak's weapon carries him, otherwise his speed's just a little too weak.

Game pushes vanguard/defense stance alot, but having attack stance actually makes snipers a bit more useful.

Is there any chance of proximity shot being a dlc skill?

The game has been out for near 8 months now. DLC has been out for 6-7 months. If they were going to add more, they would have done so by now.

Unless they want to add it in retrospectively down the line, IntSys probably moved on to their next project.

Hugstable

Banned
Takumi is literally too good. Mozu was a pretty decent Archer until he showed up and just overshadows her completely.

Mozu admittedly has fallen too far behind in my Conquest side, as Niles is just wrecking as an archer.
... Was gonna pair him with Corrin, but now thinking of pairing him with Peri, and Laslow with Corrin, hmm...

In my Birthright, after promotion to Sniper for both, Mozu wipes the floor with Takumi. Mozu consistently gets doubles no matter what, and always 30+ per hit. Takumi is good, but he ain't Mozu good.

ALso Mozu has amazing crit quotes, such as "you smell like a goat!"

In my Birthright, after promotion to Sniper for both, Mozu wipes the floor with Takumi. Mozu consistently gets doubles no matter what, and always 30+ per hit. Takumi is good, but he ain't Mozu good.

ALso Mozu has amazing crit quotes, such as "you smell like a goat!"
How many enemies does Mozu OHKO in her join chapter?

CSX

The game has been out for near 8 months now. DLC has been out for 6-7 months. If they were going to add more, they would have done so by now.

Unless they want to add it in retrospectively down the line, IntSys probably moved on to their next project.

Faith in Map Pack "2" lololol

50% growth for strength on a peg is really good, most pegs have relatively poor stats that are made up for with their excellent utility. Hinoka is a top 3 Birthright unit.

HP0 STR10 MAG10 SKL10 SPD15 LCK20 DEF0 RES20

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Falcon_Knight

Now compare to the rest of the series. The two you get in birthright without reclassing only one gets slightly above 50% chance of str growth. I don't think high movement doesn't really make up for the sheer drop in stats, not sure what kind of balance they were trying to apply.

nope, Hinoka is #3, Subaki is top 10

...in Birthright, in Revelation LMAO

omlet

Okay, beat Conquest 10. I did reclass Mozu into an archer... a low level one, but that was enough to man the right-most ballista for half the battle with Silas and Felicia protecting that side for most of the mission.

That combined with Azura doing singing for double turns for Niles for most of the map made a huge difference since the center turret can't cover the right side of the map very well. Last two turns I just retreated and used Freeze to keep the most dangerous units at a distance. A few close calls but no deaths, onwards I go! Odin sat the battle out but his stat growths have been garbage. Nyx already far outclasses him even after I fed exp to Odin to catch him up to 11 or 12 now, which is a shame because Odin is entertaining and I want to keep using him...

Top Bottom