• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

PK Gaming

Rhajat is a slightly more humane and likeable Tharja. (Also looks really cool with Orochi's hair color)

Definitely.

All it took to make Tharja likeable was for them to give her a way better design, remove the child abuse angle from her character and make her bisexual.

Damn shame they worsened her supports with F!Corrin in the localized version.

So, i started birthright, was playing with as many characters as they would allow on the battlefield. But the xp was getting split pretty thin and i dont like grinding so i started going in with only 7 guys that i felt were my strongest.

It was working out well, then i lost one of my guys due to natural story progression, but i still has 6 really strong people and was getting through just fine. But now im at chapter 23 and my lack of numbers is really really really starting to come back and bite me.

For instance, my fighters are not dying, but there are certain times when i simply am not doing enough damage per turn and its causing me to get overwhelmed by sheer numbers. (certain missions where enemies keep respawning and i cant kill them before the new respawn)

What amount of fighters do you guys recommend? Also should i just break down and start leveling up a couple of weaker characters to make the game easier?

TBH I don't even use half the units that are available, if you include child units. I typically choose one of the two characters per pairing and level that one only (the other is pair-up fodder, then gets ditched when the child is available so it frees up the deployment slot for other units to grind supports). Might throw in a child character or two, but I found that the setup kept my units strong enough while also allowing me to maximize support grinding without having to resort to My Castle battles.

Asd202

So wait about children in Birthright .
If you don't pair male Corrin with Scarlet, Reina or one of the children you won't be able to get them all?

CSX

Just saw Saizo and Beruka supports. Wow dem placeholder text boxes...

Really hope they fix it via patch. It's obvious that their B and A support lines were continuing from information they translated for the C support dialouge.

Dimmle

B-b-but he was my MVP by like 70 kills with half the chapters as Kaze. I'm legit not sure how I'd have beaten Lunatic's lategame without him, at least without grinding (which I didn't do).

Also I don't get the Setsuna love at all, dumb boring gimmick and design and she gets outclassed by a 10000x better unit for a not great class with a good design and personality.
If you're a prepromote in an FE game and your name isn't Titania, you go back in the box.

Takumi is okay. He's a little too petulant for me to keep around, though. Personally, I get more mileage out of Setsuna's dumb gag.

PK Gaming

Wow, I just got Velouria's design quirk

latest

She's Little Red Riding hood

So is normal actually normal, or is it super easy? I'm doing birthright first so I can grind if need be, but I don't want the game to be a joke, and I don't want it to be super frustrating either

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Dunno if that applies to this game.
It doesn't. I want to say especially in Conquest, because you almost need to use some of them at times (Xander), but all the pre-promotes on both sides are not only viable, but really good. The only thing you miss out on is the joy of raising them up from a wee little Cavalier to a glorious Paladin.

Conversely, Mozu is the worst Villager in the series.

So is normal actually normal, or is it super easy? I'm doing birthright first so I can grind if need be, but I don't want the game to be a joke, and I don't want it to be super frustrating either
There is no normal.

Normal = Easy
Hard = Hard
Lunatic = Super duper hard

I don't think Birthright is even worth playing on "Normal," even if Hard can get quite challenging at times.

Mozu's pretty good as an archer in Conquest.

Mozu is currently breaking my game (Conquest Hard). She basically has a permanent 25% chance to crit at this point (grabbed Death Blow from a My Castle fight), and she is super close to getting a C Rank in bows for the killer bow. Plus, she keeps getting speed + defense so she can actually tank hits from some more important targets. Even without the crit chance, she goes on a tear for me. Easy end game character this run. Helps that she is absolutely adorable.

In other news, I was trying to figure out how many hearts it takes to bring someone up a rank, but it seems every support gains a different amount or caps at a different amount of points per battle? Anyone have more info on this?

Mozu is garbage but not the worst ever. That's reserved for Donnel, Wendy/Sophia, half of the characters in FE11/12 (moreso in 12 I think but I've never played it), arguably Rolf and Ewan/Amelia but their games are much easier so they're still usable.

Rewind

Mozu is currently breaking my game (Conquest Hard). She basically has a permanent 25% chance to crit at this point (grabbed Death Blow from a My Castle fight), and she is super close to getting a C Rank in bows for the killer bow. Plus, she keeps getting speed + defense so she can actually tank hits from some more important targets. Even without the crit chance, she goes on a tear for me. Easy end game character this run. Helps that she is absolutely adorable.

In other news, I was trying to figure out how many hearts it takes to bring someone up a rank, but it seems every support gains a different amount or caps at a different amount of points per battle? Anyone have more info on this?

Yeah my Mozu has a 60 percent crit rate as a level 8 sniper and does about 22 damage per shot no crit. She is also extremely fast and always has a x2 shot.

Mozu is far from Garbage.

She's my best character in Conquest Hard. High defense and respectable resistance.
she's also easy to raise and I only played Corrin's paralouge

Draxal

mgs2_231_8dc.jpg

So glad someone finally screencapped it

They screencapped it 2 weeks ago ...

Mozu is garbage but not the worst ever. That's reserved for Donnel, Wendy/Sophia, half of the characters in FE11/12 (moreso in 12 I think but I've never played it), arguably Rolf and Ewan/Amelia but their games are much easier so they're still usable.

You forgot pretty much everybody in Revelations as well.

PK Gaming

If you're a prepromote in an FE game and your name isn't Titania, you go back in the box.

BLASPHEMY

It doesn't. I want to say especially in Conquest, because you almost need to use some of them at times (Xander), but all the pre-promotes on both sides are not only viable, but really good. The only thing you miss out on is the joy of raising them up from a wee little Cavalier to a glorious Paladin.

Conversely, Mozu is the worst Villager in the series.

There is no normal.

Normal = Easy
Hard = Hard
Lunatic = Super duper hard

I don't think Birthright is even worth playing on "Normal," even if Hard can get quite challenging at times.

Dude, Mozu is the best villager in the series.

Her bases passable are and you can get her up to speed pretty quickly by reclassing her into archer.

Dimmle

Dunno if that applies to this game.

It shouldn't apply to any game!

It doesn't, but I personally like raising weaker units. Titania gets used more on my iron man runs.

Also, yeah, there's pretty much no way you can avoid using Camilla on Conquest.

This may be your preferred way of playing the game, but it isn't good advice. Pre-promotes are criminally underrated by the general FE player and make up some of the best characters in the series

Yeah, this is how I choose to play FE because I enjoy raising weaker units. I'm well aware that there are good pre-promotes, guys. They still go in the box. Sorryyyyyy. ;D

Ala Alba

Dude, Mozu is the best villager in the series.

Her bases passable are and you can get her up to speed pretty quickly by reclassing her into archer.

Hayato seems like a worse unit, certainly. Level 1 and comes later than Mozu,basically just an annoying teenage dad.
And I don't even like his kid.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't know, I guess I had Donnel blazing through maps by the end of Awakening while Mozu never had that sense of grandiosity to her. Maybe it's the company she keeps, because, like has been said, Takumi and Niles overshadow her. All of the other archers look cooler, too. Not that Donnel was the king of cool or anything.

Luigi87

Takumi is literally too good. Mozu was a pretty decent Archer until he showed up and just overshadows her completely.

Mozu admittedly has fallen too far behind in my Conquest side, as Niles is just wrecking as an archer.
... Was gonna pair him with Corrin, but now thinking of pairing him with Peri, and Laslow with Corrin, hmm...

Top Bottom