• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

redcrayon

Okay, I just started Conquest 10, and I already need help.

Exactly what am I defending? I'm colorblind and there's a lot of flashing squares. I'm pretty sure the four up top are green. Are there more than those? Or is it only those four I need to worry about?

I mean, I have to worry about the enemy and all that, since Takumi is there and his feet are glowing green, so he's going to do something nasty, I bet, but the game doesn't seem to label the squares as anything other than "Plain".
Stop the enemy reaching those squares- hold the line, basically.

McNum

Stop the enemy reaching those squares- hold the line, basically.
Thanks, and boo to Nintendo for using a mix of bright orange and bright green squares in a mission where the bright green ones are really important. If something is important, never only use color to distinguish it.

Well, with that part defeated, I suppose it's time to have a look at the actual stage. I know what Nyx will be doing! Nyx! Fire Orb! Azura, sing to Nyx! Double the Fire Orb! Easily the most bang for the buck from a song there.

Other than that, plan B is to fall back to the green field and create a meatwall. But I'll wait with that, I think.

Renewed

Thanks, and boo to Nintendo for using a mix of bright orange and bright green squares in a mission where the bright green ones are really important. If something is important, never only use color to distinguish it.

Well, with that part defeated, I suppose it's time to have a look at the actual stage. I know what Nyx will be doing! Nyx! Fire Orb! Azura, sing to Nyx! Double the Fire Orb! Easily the most bang for the buck from a song there.

Other than that, plan B is to fall back to the green field and create a meatwall. But I'll wait with that, I think.

That's funny because they had the sense to move the screen over to something important to highlight it in other chapters. I guess they didn't want to follow through with it for the reason of "let's assume everyone will understand."

flashback to pre-launch event where all those people played CQ10

McNum

That's funny because they had the sense to move the screen over to something important to highlight it in other chapters. I guess they didn't want to follow through with it for the reason of "let's assume everyone will understand."

flashback to pre-launch event where all those people played CQ10
Now that you mention it, a quick flash of "These four squares!" would have solved it perfectly.

Anywho, I beat it, and I have a verdict for this chapter.

That was FUN!

Stating out simple and then Takumi was a dick and drained the harbor. Then pegasi started rushing for the line and then the final turn everything at once. I beat every enemy except the named characters. And got all the villages.

Elise was the MVP, it's not even close. Sure, Nyx bombed everyone who dared come near her Fire Orb, but so many near-losses turned to victory with a timely use of a staff. "That Sky Knight will reach the line on its turn and I can't kill it fast enough!" *FREEZE* "The only unit who can do this is Camilla, but she'll get archer'd if I do!" *RESCUE*

Elise gained four levels in 11 turns. And she complains about being a burden in her support... I mean, yeah, Felicia can ninja and heal, but she doesn't pack fancy staves like Elise does.

So I've beaten all three games on hard, and thought I'd try a playthrough of Conquest on Lunatic just to say I did it.

I gave Corrin +Res -Luck, but she's ended up having insane stat growths every level. I'm at chapter 19 now
Kitsune paradise
. At first I thought it was impossible. Then I reclassed Corrin as a general and sent her out there to solo the map with her 36 defense (she's only at level 5). I feel like I may have broken the game through sheer dumb luck.

Anywho, how the heck is it even possible to legitimately beat chapter 19 Conquest without having some sort of ridiculous, non-horse tank?

Lynx_7

So I've beaten all three games on hard, and thought I'd try a playthrough of Conquest on Lunatic just to say I did it.

I gave Corrin +Res -Luck, but she's ended up having insane stat growths every level. I'm at chapter 19 now
Kitsune paradise
. At first I thought it was impossible. Then I reclassed Corrin as a general and sent her out there to solo the map with her 36 defense (she's only at level 5). I feel like I may have broken the game through sheer dumb luck.

Anywho, how the heck is it even possible to legitimately beat chapter 19 Conquest without having some sort of ridiculous, non-horse tank?

I don't know about Lunatic, but it's possible to do it with good planning and positioning on Hard. I did it
, and then brainfarted on the last turn and left an unit open which lead to a reset and me saying "fuck it" and just sending Beast Killer Camilla out to hunt some fox for dinner.

Shinypogs

Accidentally saved over an 80+hour file. Yeah I beat the game on that file already and yes I have another save of the char just before endgame but still now I'm sad :(

Renewed

Accidentally saved over an 80+hour file. Yeah I beat the game on that file already and yes I have another save of the char just before endgame but still now I'm sad :(

I'm always navigating around 8 other complete save files (because apparently everyone loves Fire Emblem all of a sudden). At least the save option defaults to your save file.

Rizzi

Thanks! She keeps eating our food and getting stat buffs, so I want that to go onto a real unit now.

Figues. They are usually on top of infinite turn loops in these games, but I had to make sure. Recruiting an Azura suddenly seems pretty useless, to be honest.

You're in luck, Dread Fighter is a special case. It's a 40 level class, so changing to it early is not a problem.

Actually, let me break this down a bit.

- For units in classes that cap out at 20, use a Master Seal when they hit 20 the first time.
- Use a Heart Seal to change to a different set of classes, this can be done at any time as you KEEP your level when you do it. Friendship and Partner Seals work the same, but give you access to A+ or S ranked support characters' classes. (The avatar only needs an A rank.)
- Special items like Dread Scrolls, Ebon Wings and so on work like a Heart Seal, but the classes they change to are 40 level classes. They don't need a Master Seal at all.

The only question you have to ask when using a Dread Scroll is if you got the skills you wanted from the old class before you changed. If you did, then everything is fine.

(Jakob and Felicia cheat on this, by the way. They can also level to 40, even though they're in an advanced class already, but they gain EXP like they were in a base class.)

Thanks. Is there an easy/quick way to level up weapon skills? It seems super slow.

Shinypogs

I'm always navigating around 8 other complete save files (because apparently everyone loves Fire Emblem all of a sudden). At least the save option defaults to your save file.
Yeah I have all 9 slots lots filled atm but only 5 of them were the final version of each run/team i wanted to keep. I was just so excited to start a new run I forgot to make sure to save in a slot it was okay to overwrite.

Velcro Fly

I deleted my chapter 10 or 11 save file and restarted. Doing the prologue stuff again and going Birthright again.

i forgot how well this game played.

redcrayon

As much as I've been moaning about the story, I think the gameplay of Fates is fantastic. Having just played Birthright and Conquest back-to-back, the difference in tone and difficulty is really interesting. One a simple hero's journey where you can let Ryoma carry the weight even if you don't have many heavy units, and the other requiring a lot more thought even though you're surrounded by heavy Knights. I was really glad in Conquest to have Xander's son Siegbert join, an extra decent all-rounder was just what I needed at the time, even if it seemed like Xander and his wife (Effie in this run) named the poor sod after his bloody sword. I also enjoyed the way Birthright's new units changed up my usual team selection of Paladins/Knights with archer/Mage/flier support, it felt good and perfectly fitting to be running an army of swordmasters and spear infantry, and defined Hoshido more than all of FE's otherwise generic medieval kingdoms.

In Birthright I was getting a bit frustrated with the castle upkeep, and the lack of ability to skip the feed-the-dragon animation, it all began to feel like a chore, so in Conquest I ignored it outside of levelling up my house, the mess hall, the staff and weapon shops etc, and got along just fine.

One idea I really liked was the change to the inventory, and being able to select from items other people were holding- really useful for not forgetting to use things found by thief units. Was this also in Awakening? Can't remember. I still always have thieves holding a full item set to auto-bump chest items to convoy for instant access via the Lord unit though.

redcrayon

.... Sakura and Hinoka both have that S link available with the main character.
Not weird at all.
What I found odd was that in between storming the castle and reaching the throne room in various campaigns, multiple couples managed to get married, pregnant, have children and visit them multiple times, before going for a relaxing stroll prior to recruiting them, and then straight back into the castle. Does the whole army spend nine months+ in the outrealms every time someone is pregnant, or is gestation weirdly instantaneous in FE world?

I thought the way children were explained in Awakening, with all of the potential recruits being
refugees from a dark future that left with Lucina but got split up on arrival, was at least a nice touch that gave you something else to fight for. It made you warm to them as they explained what happened to the parents and what they were like as they grew up in a horrible future. It made me want to change that future, avoiding the deaths of my troops and ruined childhoods of their children, so served as an extra motivation.
In Fates it's just a really weird handwave and parenthood feels a bit cruel and distant, as it's implied, due to timey wimey stuff, that the parents only manage to visit them a handful of times as they grow. Sure, the mechanic is popular but there is practically no attempt to explain it or the characters showing much concern for raising them outside of 'Maybe I could visit more'. Maybe they figured the audience only care for the 'relationship S rank' and 'new unit appears'.

Perhaps it's just that I'm a dad, and in Awakening the parents are implied to spend years (in some cases literally)fighting to the death actually raising their children, but in Fates they don't seem to care about raising them at all, they just mention visiting them occasionally. Wouldn't it be better,( in story terms rather than mechanics) to send some strong allies to raise them in a neutral country seeing as the war is going to be resolved one way or another fairly quickly due to the urgency of Corrin's campaigns, rather than stash them in dimension X and never see them? After the first recruitment, it seems obvious that dimension X isn't that safe either. And why aren't they all in the same, highly secure place? They seem to be raised in various villages besieged by bandits and monsters! Hell, I'm not even sure that Corrin's campaign lasts long enough for any of the female characters to even look pregnant! :D

I know they wanted the mechanic, but the scenario writer worked harder to build it into Awakening in an elegant way that explained the pregnancy/childbirth didn't instantly occur during the campaign, the children at least having had a relationship with their parents, and in a way that added something to the scenario rather than being bolted on. I get that they didn't want to reuse it but if you are going to have a magic reason for child units, 'arriving from the future' just seems a more reasonable and elegant solution than 'parents are OK dumping babies in weird dimension x spacetime place they've only just heard about'.

McNum

Thanks. Is there an easy/quick way to level up weapon skills? It seems super slow.
Arms Scrolls. Use one, gain a weapon level in all weapons the character can use.

Of course, Arms Scrolls are limited, but if you want to boost someone's weapon level, it's the quickest way.

Gambit

What I found odd was that in between storming the castle and reaching the throne room in various campaigns, multiple couples managed to get married, pregnant, have children and visit them multiple times, before going for a relaxing stroll prior to recruiting them, and then straight back into the castle. Does the whole army spend nine months+ in the outrealms every time someone is pregnant, or is gestation weirdly instantaneous in FE world?

I thought the way children were explained in Awakening, with all of the potential recruits being
refugees from a dark future that left with Lucina but got split up on arrival, was at least a nice touch that gave you something else to fight for. It made you warm to them as they explained what happened to the parents and what they were like as they grew up in a horrible future. It made me want to change that future, avoiding the deaths of my troops and ruined childhoods of their children, so served as an extra motivation.
In Fates it's just a really weird handwave and parenthood feels a bit cruel and distant, as it's implied, due to timey wimey stuff, that the parents only manage to visit them a handful of times as they grow. Sure, the mechanic is popular but there is practically no attempt to explain it or the characters showing much concern for raising them outside of 'Maybe I could visit more'. Maybe they figured the audience only care for the 'relationship S rank' and 'new unit appears'.

Perhaps it's just that I'm a dad, and in Awakening the parents are implied to spend years (in some cases literally)fighting to the death actually raising their children, but in Fates they don't seem to care about raising them at all, just visiting them occasionally. Wouldn't it be better,( in story terms rather than mechanics) to send some strong allies to raise them in a neutral country seeing as the war is going to be resolved one way or another fairly quickly due to the urgency of Corrin's campaigns, rather than stash them in dimension X and never see them? After the first recruitment, it seems obvious that dimension X isn't that safe either. And why aren't they all in the same, highly secure place? They seem to be raised in various villages besieged by bandits and monsters! Hell, I'm not even sure that Corrin's campaign lasts long enough for any of the female characters to even look pregnant! :D

I know they wanted the mechanic, but the scenario writer worked harder to build it into Awakening in an elegant way that explained the pregnancy/childbirth didn't instantly occur during the campaign, the children at least having had a relationship with their parents, and also in a way that added something to the scenario rather than just being bolted on.

The children explanation is straight-up BS. None of it makes sense. It makes all your characters awful parents, the kids (even siblings) don't know one another and the Outrealm isn't safe to begin with. Awful execution of a feature that I quite liked in Awakening (as you illustrated).

Next time, I hope they either skip the feature or give us a time-jump.

Kitsune paradise

This map is basically telling you to use a Wary Fighter General armed with a Beast Killer. There is no other reliable way to beat this unless you want to feed Camilla even more EXP, and I would strongly advise against that.

At least other units can get a small amount of experience in the first couple of turns, since you'll need attack stance for those approaching waves. After that's over, turtle the rest of the map with your General if you don't want to reset a billion times.

redcrayon

The children explanation is straight-up BS. None of it makes sense. It makes all your characters awful parents, the kids (even siblings) don't know one another and the Outrealm isn't safe to begin with. Awful execution of a feature that I quite liked in Awakening (as you illustrated).

Next time, I hope they either skip the feature or give us a time-jump.
Another thing I really liked about the treatment in Awakening (as you say)
is that the kids are all effectively a small, embattled FE army under Lucina's command from the future, on their own quest that led to the present. I really liked that, it felt like a desperate heroic action for them to even reach Robin/Chrom.

Yeah, time-jump would be another more elegant answer.

McNum

I kind of wish they'd pull a Genealogy of the Holy War again some time. Heck, I'd buy a 3DS remake of that game in a heartbeat.

Have the main party fail, but the children pick up the spares. Amusingly, they could do reversed child paralogues where the child their captured parents instead. Because, well, I doubt Fire Emblem has the guts to pull the same twist as in FE4 again. Especially with a player avatar involved. I suppose he could escape, but still...

Also as an aside, do you get EXP from the scripted castle invasions in Conquest, or are they pretty much meaningless to do?

McNum

Sölf;205915417 said:
The scripted castle invasions do give experience.
Well then, someone is about to regret invading my castle. And Silas is probably about to get beat up. He seems to do that in castle fights.

Honestly, Silas getting beat to within an inch of his life is really close to becoming a running gag at this point. It happened in Birthright, it happens in Conquest. If he ends up being the magnet for enemy attacks in Revelations I'm calling it.

Sölf

God, my Xander is so bad. He is now level 15 and only has 20 speed. And 2 of that came from a Speedwing. Xander, why you do this to me?

Gambit

i am at chapter 15 and still have no units married. At what point it ia advised to start recruiting children?

Depens on the route. When you can freely level people it's probably best to do it relavtively soon as the paralogues scale in difficulty.

In Conquest, I waited till chapter 18, because starting at that point kids come with an Offspring seal which gets them to the current level. When Exp is limited, offspring seals help a great deal.

is that the kids are all effectively a small, embattled FE army under Lucina's command from the future, on their own quest that led to the present. I really liked that, it felt like a desperate heroic action for them to even reach Robin/Chrom.

Yes, I loved that they were united. It made the kids feel like a team.

I kind of wish they'd pull a Genealogy of the Holy War again some time. Heck, I'd buy a 3DS remake of that game in a heartbeat.

Have the main party fail, but the children pick up the spares. Amusingly, they could do reversed child paralogues where the child their captured parents instead. Because, well, I doubt Fire Emblem has the guts to pull the same twist as in FE4 again. Especially with a player avatar involved. I suppose he could escape, but still...

Also as an aside, do you get EXP from the scripted castle invasions in Conquest, or are they pretty much meaningless to do?

I haven't played Genealogy but that would be awesome. In my mind I thought the parents would "win" but evil would eventually come back. But this is much better

This map is basically telling you to use a Wary Fighter General armed with a Beast Killer. There is no other reliable way to beat this unless you want to feed Camilla even more EXP, and I would strongly advise against that.

At least other units can get a small amount of experience in the first couple of turns, since you'll need attack stance for those approaching waves. After that's over, turtle the rest of the map with your General if you don't want to reset a billion times.

The poor saps wouldn't even attack my Corrin with the defense she had. Had to manually go to each one and stab it 2-3 times with a bronze lance. I took Keaton along to rack up some extra XP when I could isolate a guy. Meanwhile, Corrin gained 3 defense and 4 HP in the 4 levels she grew. This is becoming insane. I might just have to keep her as a general so she doesn't max out on defense too soon.

lololol why, also Xander is so tanky he can run around as a Paladin and not worry too much anyway

My issue with Awakening's kids is that the supports feel lifeless because the kids don't even exist yet so the parents have no actual connection with them. It made the supports weird to me.

Whereas in Fates the kids and parents actually know and love each other and actually have a connection which makes the supports better IMO.

Sölf

God, Conquest 25 is totally destroying me. I guess that's the infamous hallway of death?

Anyways, after loosing for roughly an hour and sometimes not even getting past the first group of enemies, I decided to recruit Xander's kid. This gave me a few levels and more importantly another reliable fighter. Forrest is already not that great beside having a second healer, but my next best unit is either level 5 Flora or Gunther. Both are too weak, so getting Siegbert at level 14 who can actually survive getting doubled is a welcoming addition.

Will try that again later or tomorrow. I still haven't used any tonics, so that would be another option. Maybe I am also rushing too fast ahead. I have more than ehough time I think, with my current speed I would probably reach "the end" in 10-15 turns.

McNum

Hm, what do the hearts when you invite an A ranked unit to your room mean? I get the S rank ones. More hearts, more silly touchscreen minigames. But since the friendly ones got cut in the international version, do those five small and three big hearts do anything?

Hm, what do the hearts when you invite an A ranked unit to your room mean? I get the S rank ones. More hearts, more silly touchscreen minigames. But since the friendly ones got cut in the international version, do those five small and three big hearts do anything?

Different quotes, and if you get 2 big hearts I think they give you an accessory.

P90

My issue with Awakening's kids is that the supports feel lifeless because the kids don't even exist yet so the parents have no actual connection with them. It made the supports weird to me.

Whereas in Fates the kids and parents actually know and love each other and actually have a connection which makes the supports better IMO.

My impression is the opposite. I find Fates' children to be quite meh and lack personality. I also find Awakening to have much better main characters, notably Robin, Chrom, and Lucina. There is no character in Fates that comes close to those three. Obviously, YMMV.

the supports for gen 1 characters in awakening are so much better, and again with gen 2, since those kids have relationships to build on whereas none of the fates kids know eachother before joining the army.

Parent to kid relationships are mixed between which is better.

Sölf

Okay, beat chapter 25. I decided to reclass Benny from Great Knight to General (he already was 15 anyways) and Niles from Bow Knight to Adventurer. This gave me another healing unit and he was able to learn new skills. Benny & Selena on the right side and Effie & Arthur on the left side and I had basically no problems except for a few stupid errors (like not looking at some enemy skills/weapons).

So, 26 tomorrow.

Dee Dee

Huh.

Did I just break chapter 26 Birthright or
are you supposed to just clear this in one turn?

Anyway, don't think I'll go back to this one, it's not like my army is lacking any XP after the last few chapters that were practically horde mode. Man, I am sorry for the units that got passively paired in constant defense stance, but the other 50% of my army is mostly level 16 promoted now. o_o

Chapter 25 had enemy units with rescue staves - I was not prepared. D: RNGeesus blessed me, so I live to tell the tale:
Jakob got ported from one of the chest rooms into the middle of the enemy territory. He got immediately ganged on and was brought down to 6 HP with no chance of survival in the next round. The worst part was, that he was trapped against a wall by 3 other units and could no longer move, and HE was the one holding a rescue staff.
OMG.
I managed to summon Ryoma with the rescue staff, who killed one of the guys that had Jakob pinned, and then managed to get Shigure into a position were he could use the second rescue staff I had brought to just about get Jakob out of enemy range from the other edge of the map! Holy shit.

The next turn had Ryoma survive 6 (!!!!) enemy attacks due to pair up shields, and the last 3 (!!!) due to his "Advantage" skill that lets him attack first when on low health. HOOOOLEEEEE SHEEEEEEET.
He survived on 5 health.
Next turn I could use him to kill a mage that kept using the cannon which also moved him out of the other enemy's range (he had killed most of them in the previous turn of near death.

So short version: Ryoma is life.
RIP all my rescue staves though.

Starting chapter 27 maybe tonight or in the next days. Looking forward to move over to Conquest, I will miss all my kid units though, they are awesome.

Dwyer is my spirit animal.
And Shiro is such a cool dude - should have married him when I had the chance. :/
No one needs pickle boy though - although he is a great unit in my army, I will not let him go near any female units.

I paired up Shiro and Selkie to S-rank, and take pride in having made Hoshido's future queen a fox girl.
Asugi will get paired off too so that the Saizo name can live on as well hopefully. He's been the MVP on the last 4 maps or so.
After Azama has turned into the second coming of Ryoma, I expected more from Mitama, but meh.
Midori, Kana and Caeldori are meh too, but that comes from my shitty pairing I am afraid.
Sophie, Kiragi and Shigure are all usable though.

Unfortunately, even the kids talk about nothing but food in their supports. :/
Bless Dwyer for talking about sleeping instead most of the time.

Azuran

Banned
Chapter 25 had enemy units with rescue staves - I was not prepared. D: RNGeesus blessed me, so I live to tell the tale:
Jakob got ported from one of the chest rooms into the middle of the enemy territory. He got immediately ganged on and was brought down to 6 HP with no chance of survival in the next round. The worst part was, that he was trapped against a wall by 3 other units and could no longer move, and HE was the one holding a rescue staff.
OMG.
I managed to summon Ryoma with the rescue staff, who killed one of the guys that had Jakob pinned, and then managed to get Shigure into a position were he could use the second rescue staff I had brought to just about get Jakob out of enemy range from the other edge of the map! Holy shit.

The next turn had Ryoma survive 6 (!!!!) enemy attacks due to pair up shields, and the last 3 (!!!) due to his "Advantage" skill that lets him attack first when on low health. HOOOOLEEEEE SHEEEEEEET.
He survived on 5 health.
Next turn I could use him to kill a mage that kept using the cannon which also moved him out of the other enemy's range (he had killed most of them in the previous turn of near death.

So short version: Ryoma is life.
RIP all my rescue staves though..

We don't call it Ryoma Emblem for no reason :p

Sometimes it feels like cheating using him but I can't just can't deprive myself from that killing machine.

Sölf

We don't call it Ryoma Emblem for no reason :p

Sometimes it feels like cheating using him but I can't just can't deprive myself from that killing machine.

And I benched him as soon as I got him, because I had no room for him. Eh, maybe in Revelations. xD

Dee Dee

I miss ougi.

I am led to believe that this is Ryoma's original japanese crit quote?
"You die... now!!" is already ingrained in my brain too much to think of anything else.
There is this one which sounds like "You have breathed your last...!". I still don't really understand what it says, even though I have heard it A LOOOOOT of times.
This guy is such a machine for critical hits. <3 Dodge all day, Astra all night, all crits all the time. It's chapter 25, and I didn't even realize he also has "Advantage", and how fucking invincible it makes him.
Nothing better then triggering Astra to fill up your shield gauge completely. To bad he keeps critting and overkilling everything. Doesn't matter though, when nothing can actually touch the evasive lobster tank man.

HOW can you bench him? You can completely solo maps with that guy. If he doesn't marry a healer or Azura in your playthrough, you are playing the game too slowly. Ha!
(I married him to Kagero, because I liked their supports, and it gives Shiro a cool hair color + useful skills).

I just recently heard Kiragi's "War as heck!" - is that what he really says!?

McNum

I'm liking the varied objectives in Conquest, but would it kill it to just have a normal old Rout map occasionally?

Just did Conquest 12...
"Escape within 16 turns!" Okay. "Or defeat the boss!" ...it's Ryoma. Escape it is, then. "Elise cannot be chosen!" ...down a healer, but okay. "Read these two full screen popups about the breakable pots scattered throughout the map!" Green good, red bad. Got it. Anything else? "Here's three new kinds of status staves to deal with!" *sigh* I see what you're up to with that Silence staff and only Felicia able to use healing staves. I'm not going to let you.

I mean, I won fairly easily and all. Camilla makes for quite the "Big sister says no." card when an enemy just needs to be axe-murdered. But I kind of just want a good old fashioned brawl soon.

Shinypogs

Chapter 10 conquest lunatic defeated. Rip my freeze staffs but the monster is slain. Also the levin sword is hilariously broken on early chapters.

Azuran

Banned
I am led to believe that this is Ryoma's original japanese crit quote?
"You die... now!!" is already ingrained in my brain too much to think of anything else.
There is this one which sounds like "You have breathed your last...!". I still don't really understand what it says, even though I have heard it A LOOOOOT of times.
This guy is such a machine for critical hits. <3 Dodge all day, Astra all night, all crits all the time. It's chapter 25, and I didn't even realize he also has "Advantage", and how fucking invincible it makes him.
Nothing better then triggering Astra to fill up your shield gauge completely. To bad he keeps critting and overkilling everything. Doesn't matter though, when nothing can actually touch the evasive lobster tank man.

HOW can you bench him? You can completely solo maps with that guy. If he doesn't marry a healer or Azura in your playthrough, you are playing the game too slowly. Ha!
(I married him to Kagero, because I liked their supports, and it gives Shiro a cool hair color + useful skills).

I just recently heard Kiragi's "War as heck!" - is that what he really says!?

Yeah, "You have breathed your last" is exactly what he says. Fun fact is that Kagero and Saizo also have the same crit quote because all the royals share a quote with their retainers.

As for Karagi, he actually says "War is heck!". One of the best crit quotes in the game by far helped by that grin of his. It never fails cracks me up

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
So is reclassing before promoting even worth it in this? Considering they have one reclass, or should I just promote everyone then reclass for those skills?

Azuran

Banned
So is reclassing before promoting even worth it in this? Considering they have one reclass, or should I just promote everyone then reclass for those skills?

It's worth it if the other class the unit has access to a good skill. Most base class skills are pretty meh but there's some good ones out there like Quick Draw and Movement +1 that are always worth going for.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I'm stuck on Ninja Village on Birthright. Stupid artificial difficulty reinforcements keep sneak killing my people.

Edit: Got through it on my sixth attempt without losing anybody (playing on hard with classic).

Dee Dee

I'm stuck on Ninja Village on Birthright. Stupid artificial difficulty reinforcements keep sneak killing my people.

Edit: Got through it on my sixth attempt without losing anybody (playing on hard with classic).

Is that chapter 10?
This and chapter 12 were horrible, everything after that seemed like more of a patience test honestly.

Also: Ryoma can loose his helmet?! I saw the beach pic of him, and am already deeply confused.

Sölf

Does postgame actually make any sense in Conquest or Birthright? You get nearly all characters in Revelations anyway,
with the exception of Izana I think?
. So I am thinking of whether I try out some of the DLC maps in my Birthright or Conquest files (after finishing the main story) or if I should just wait untiul I have finished Revelations and then do all of that stuff in there.

Sölf;206050165 said:
Does postgame actually make any sense in Conquest or Birthright? You get nearly all characters in Revelations anyway,
with the exception of Izana I think?
. So I am thinking of whether I try out some of the DLC maps in my Birthright or Conquest files (after finishing the main story) or if I should just wait untiul I have finished Revelations and then do all of that stuff in there.

Most of the maps give you pre-set teams instead of you using your file's army of dudes.

Top Bottom