• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Semajer

I think if Awakening's plot is used on Fates would function better

Specifically

You choose a side in the beginning and it ends, but the children from the future is trying to stop you since they know that Anankos is the true culprit and wants to destroy both kingdoms

But it would mean that the two version thing won't work out

I haven't finished Revelations yet, but that would have been a great way to use the child mechanic.

Shinypogs

Aren't growth rates in Lunatic locked?
Apparently so upon joining unless you switch classes in which case I assume it rolls another locked set. I'm not good with the specifics. I Just know last run (hard not lunatic but I wasnt resetting for levels ) camilla was rng blessed and capped def res and strength then got a few more points of hp when I eternal sealed her. This run I'm guessing her def and res locked at higher thresholds becuase she can't cap them before reaching 20/20 . On the other hand she is skill and speed blessed this run so that helps a bit. She still hits hard with a Steel or bolt axe and god forbid she gets to use the dual club but she is not the tank I was counting on her being. With the right meals and tonics she holds her own but I worry about future chapters where I need her to hold a choke point I can't put the others in due to enemies with effective weapons.

Meanwhile most mages and all physical units have given up on attacking benny and most things attempting to attack ophelia miss and then take a crit to the face unless she's in nosferatu mode. Niles is lord of the bows and Beruka is doing dread fighter things. My whole team is doing what I expected them to and getting the growths I had hoped for except camilla.

Still I'm having fun with conquest lunatic and may do it again for my next conquest run.

jRPG

I assume the exp map in Map Pack 1 will allow me to level characters I have barely touched in order to build relationships and unlock the remainder of the Paralogues? I attempted to build a couple of characters in the weakest Challenge that was open and they didn't do any damage to the enemies at all. I really should have done it all before continuing to the point in the story I'm at, but I couldn't resist going forward.

I made Midori a merchant with her Offspring Seal and she literally finds a gold bar every other turn. I love the cartwheel she does when she attacks too. There are so many good bow-wielding characters in this game (Birthright). As soon as I saw her I thought she'd be insufferable, but she's the only child character I seem to consistently use.

So one question here.
Im playing birthright now, just finished chapter 12. Im going slow because im using challenge maps to pair people and see the stories before pairing them up finally (i really dont want to get to mix maxing, only which characters work well storywise with others).
I have already various rank A to S pairings waiting for the final chat. All of them after i have the final chat, an intro about their sons appear an then the paralogue level on the world map. all of them but rinkah and kaze. For example, when I do the same thing for the first time with Mozu and Hayato, the small intro and level appear. I reset the game, try the same thing with Rinkah and Kaze and... nothing. No intro and no paralogue level.
I thought maybe she is a barren womb, or maube kaze and rinkah cant get any kids. But all the guides ive seen say that is a possible parent with kid included.
what am I doing wrong?

Just having fun with Birthright. I'll play a chapter or two, then mess around on a challenge map or something trying out new units that I just recruited. I know Conquest is going to kick my ass but I plan to cheat and use the DLC map. I'm more interested in trying new units out and having fun that way instead of being super serious about the game being hard.
Same here.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So one question here.
Im playing birthright now, just finished chapter 12. Im going slow because im using challenge maps to pair people and see the stories before pairing them up finally (i really dont want to get to mix maxing, only which characters work well storywise with others).
I have already various rank A to S pairings waiting for the final chat. All of them after i have the final chat, an intro about their sons appear an then the paralogue level on the world map. all of them but rinkah and kaze. For example, when I do the same thing for the first time with Mozu and Hayato, the small intro and level appear. I reset the game, try the same thing with Rinkah and Kaze and... nothing. No intro and no paralogue level.
I thought maybe she is a barren womb, or maube kaze and rinkah cant get any kids. But all the guides ive seen say that is a possible parent with kid included.
what am I doing wrong?

Same here.
If I had to guess, it's because there is a story related scene where Kaze can die so it can't be unlocked until you clear that chapter with him alive.

I keep screwing up conquest 17 because
when the final reinforcements arrive from the north I freeze one of the position swapping assholes and I set up a chokepoint and think I'm safe but then the other asshole moves somewhere I forgot to take into account and swaps one of my weaker units and 5 attacks later he'a dead.

Finally finished up Birthright, boy I hated the last few chapters so much that I ended up ignoring half of the prologues and missions just to get that route done with.

Most of the campaign encouraged turtling up in a corner near the start of the map because of the endless reinforcements and annoying map gimmicks, but then they crank the enemy defence and strength levels up so high that nothing but Ryoma can deal any damage. I literally had to deal with the penultimate chapter by throwing Ryoma/Avatar alone into the middle of the map and skipping every turn while letting dual guard and luck keep him alive. And then the final boss -
send Sakura up with a Hexing Rod, hope it hits, fly Ryoma up to kill Garon with 2 crits, done in 1 turn

I'm hoping for better things from Conquest and Revelation.

PK Gaming

Finally finished up Birthright, boy I hated the last few chapters so much that I ended up ignoring half of the prologues and missions just to get that route done with.

Most of the campaign encouraged turtling up in a corner near the start of the map because of the endless reinforcements and annoying map gimmicks, but then they crank the enemy defence and strength levels up so high that nothing but Ryoma can deal any damage. I literally had to deal with the penultimate chapter by throwing Ryoma/Avatar alone into the middle of the map and skipping every turn while letting dual guard and luck keep him alive. And then the final boss -
send Sakura up with a Hexing Rod, hope it hits, fly Ryoma up to kill Garon with 2 crits, done in 1 turn

Conquest has some of the best map design and gameplay design in the franchise

Revelation...doesn't, though it's enjoyable if you like the characters.

Draxal

Re: Heirs of Fate

The entire thing was... actually pretty good? Like i'm baffled how some of these parts of the story weren't included in the main game, because there's some crucial, crucial stuff here.
The big one is how they develop the primary antagonist, Anankos. You learn pretty much nothing about him in Revelation, which is pretty galling. The characters were well handled, and the royal kids in general really got to shine.
Nice bit of development on the kids via the conversations too.

In my eyes, it's the true end to Fates's story.

Its a Fire Emblem tradition, Rev + DLC spoilers.

Nergal's backstory in FE7 where you have to do a gaiden in Hector's mode for example, also alot of the stuff wasn't explained in Rev but in the Hidden Truths dlc.

Also, I'd like to say that
The anankos type villians don't really get that much back story, Grima doesn't, Idenn gets about the same as Anankos, the Dragon if Fe7 doesn't, the demon king in 8 doesn't get it. It's usually the Arvis/Zephiel/Nergal/Lyon's that get that story, and well Xander kinda got that role in this game but at the same time didn't. Game was hurt hard by the three split plots

NeonZ

Re: Heirs of Fate

The entire thing was... actually pretty good? Like i'm baffled how some of these parts of the story weren't included in the main game, because there's some crucial, crucial stuff here.
The big one is how they develop the primary antagonist, Anankos. You learn pretty much nothing about him in Revelation, which is pretty galling. The characters were well handled, and the royal kids in general really got to shine.
Nice bit of development on the kids via the conversations too.

In my eyes, it's the true end to Fates's story.

The worst thing about all this is that it just shows we'd likely have ended up with a significantly better storyline if they hadn't gone after a guest writer. The DLC storylines don't really fit that well with the main game (especially the one with the Awakening kids), but if you ignore those inconsistencies, since they're clear add-ons, they work pretty well.

If I had to guess, it's because there is a story related scene where Kaze can die so it can't be unlocked until you clear that chapter with him alive.

Thanks!
I read in one of the guides the paralogues where not tied to story this time (like awakening) but if what you say its true they are probably wrong with kaze.

To bad I had to see the spoiler (not your fault really) but at least
seems you can save him
so its not really a big of a spoiler.

Oh hey this thread is still active?

I'm slowly making my way through Birthright/Classic/Hard and I got to a mission where I have to fight Hans and a bunch of troops in some Barracks but my guys end up dying pretty fast. I'm mainly leaning on Ryoma, Saizo, Corrin and Takumi for tactics but other people I have in my ranks keep dying. Does Birthright expect me to grind? Because I really haven't aside from grabbing a few of the kids. I don't think I just suck since I beat Path of Radiance on Hard but I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

I'm playing through Birthright Lunatic now, and I know what you mean. Chapter 23 is a crazy difficult spike, but you still can beat this path without grinding a single Challenge or Castle battle. That's how I'm playing it. It's definitely manageable on this difficulty.

You will need a handful of really tanky/dodgy units, so Corrin, Ryoma, Silas, Oboro, and Hinoka will still trivialize even the hardest maps, especially if you equip two of the latter units with Guard Naginatas. You can then just throw in a few staffers, ralliers, and glass cannon types of your choice.

Xenoflare

Apparently so upon joining unless you switch classes in which case I assume it rolls another locked set. I'm not good with the specifics. I Just know last run (hard not lunatic but I wasnt resetting for levels ) camilla was rng blessed and capped def res and strength then got a few more points of hp when I eternal sealed her. This run I'm guessing her def and res locked at higher thresholds becuase she can't cap them before reaching 20/20 . On the other hand she is skill and speed blessed this run so that helps a bit. She still hits hard with a Steel or bolt axe and god forbid she gets to use the dual club but she is not the tank I was counting on her being. With the right meals and tonics she holds her own but I worry about future chapters where I need her to hold a choke point I can't put the others in due to enemies with effective weapons.

Meanwhile most mages and all physical units have given up on attacking benny and most things attempting to attack ophelia miss and then take a crit to the face unless she's in nosferatu mode. Niles is lord of the bows and Beruka is doing dread fighter things. My whole team is doing what I expected them to and getting the growths I had hoped for except camilla.

Still I'm having fun with conquest lunatic and may do it again for my next conquest run.

Oh wow, that means it actually locks to different rates every time you play then

How random really is the RNG on normal and hard for level ups?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
After finishing Conquest a few weeks ago, now I'm currently on Chapter 11 of Revelations... So a few questions I have so far:

- Is the scouting option available on Birthright? Because if that's the case, man it wouldn't be a surprise why BR is a cakewalk in contrast of Conquest.
- Other than some minor characters like
Izana
which aren't recruitable, can I get all the side-stories/children characters on this route? I read online that I'd need to pair Corrin with a 2nd gen character or a Corrin-exclusive love interest like Flora, so... Is that the case?

NeonZ

Izana
which aren't recruitable, can I get all the side-stories/children characters on this route? I read online that I'd need to pair Corrin with a 2nd gen character or a Corrin-exclusive love interest like Flora, so... Is that the case?

Yes, that's the case for all routes. The only way to get all children of each route when playing with male Corrin is to get S rankings with either 2nd generation units or Corrin-only ones.

You will need a handful of really tanky/dodgy units, so Corrin, Ryoma, Silas, Oboro, and Hinoka will still trivialize even the hardest maps, especially if you equip two of the latter units with Guard Naginatas. You can then just throw in a few staffers, ralliers, and glass cannon types of your choice.

Sadly I didn't really have tanky units, Silas, Oboro and Hinoka all got poor level ups so they were ditched early and I picked clever/sickly for the avatar (expecting the avatar to be a crit/dodge magic using god like in Awakening....) which meant he barely got used at all.

My tanking capabilities towards the end came down to Ryoma (one man army), Selkie (praying to god she'd dodge everything) and Takumi (abusing his high HP pool to act as a meat shield), nothing else could survive more than 1 hit from 24 onwards.

Xenoflare

After finishing Conquest a few weeks ago, now I'm currently on Chapter 11 of Revelations... So a few questions I have so far:

- Is the scouting option available on Birthright? Because if that's the case, man it wouldn't be a surprise why BR is a cakewalk in contrast of Conquest.
Izana

-No? It should be readily available in Revelation, to me Revelations is the worst out of the three.

-Yes, Male Corrin will always be shafted. In fact that specifically targets Revelation.

Velcro Fly

I'm still fairly early in Birthright but I've been diligently taking care of Setsuna and she is turning into a monster. I never used bows in Awakening so I'm trying to now and holy shit she could have probably solo'd most of Chapter 9 alone. She seems way more dodgy than the battle stats would indicate and she's starting to double up on the slower enemy units.

Would have never given her much of a chance if not for just messing around on challenge maps too. I am what is wrong with modern Fire Emblem games =/

Also my Hana is a beast too. So many strength, skill, and speed level ups. Outclasses Hinata immediately upon his recruitment too.

I think for these playthroughs I want to use all the siblings, regardless of how good/bad they are. It just seems like the thing to do.

And I screwed up conquest 17 AGAIN because none of the enemies in the boss room aggro'd when I walked in range, so I just sent in my tankiest character to take out the ninja. Turns out that triggers all of them to attack...

Azuran

Banned
Goddamn, the battle theme against the
enemy children
in Heirs of Fate is amazing. It's a travesty you don't get to hear all of it ingame.

I still have not purchased a single DLC map for Fates. I think I will at some point, but I'm getting ready to finally take a break from this game. The map packs do seem much more affordable than Awakening DLC which a major plus, though.

Shinypogs

Oh wow, that means it actually locks to different rates every time you play then

How random really is the RNG on normal and hard for level ups?

I don't know the exact mechanics but it is much more variable on the other difficulties and people are more inclined to reset if they get a single stat up during a level up since you can always do better eventually.

Camilla is now just a few xp a way from level 16 and has capped speed but sits at 23 def and 22 res which makes me sad. I know it could be worse but it's still not what I hoped for. Though as per usual her daughter velouria has been a monster from the get go.

Hero of the run thus far is level 11 general benny who has 37 def and 22 res by himself. Paired up with peri 39 def and 25 res. Then when he's not using a javelin or beast killer he's in total wall mode with a guard naginata making his total 44 def and 30 res. Also he has 46 hp and plenty of room to grow there. To be fair he has a grand total of 6 speed all by himself and 8 when paired up so thank the gods for wary fighter.

I may actually be able to do Ignatius paralogue despite how late in the game it is by ferrying benny over with camilla (temp pairing azura with ophelia for warp into refresh so they can get there faster) then transferring camilla to iggy and letting benny fight on his own since fuck all is going to take him down dual strikes or not.

When I do my next lunatic run I'll use benny again and see how each one differs by the time they hit endgame. Same with camilla even if I do end up having to replace her this run.

Edit: haha nope sorry iggy but your paralogue is never getting done. The rest of my team is strong but not so strong they can deal with 50 dmg plus s rank in axes berserkers without your dad. I've never failed to recruit you before even late in the game but lunatic post chapter 22 is apparently where I must surrender.

In normal and hard they'll roll a new set of levelup numbers every time you load a Save for the map. So if you want to make sure someone gets a good level up, fill up the bar to near max and have them kill an enemy Turn1 on the map and keep resetting until you get good levels.

On Lunatic they roll all the numbers at the beginning of the game. But you can slightly change your level ups by changing classes due to the difference Class growth rates.

E.g. They number rolled is a 52. In your default class you have 40 (personal growth) + 10 (class growth) for that stat, ending in 50. You don't get a stat up that level. But if you changed to a class with a 15 growth, you end up with a 55 growth for that stat, and you will gain a stat for that level up.

Xenoflare

In normal and hard they'll roll a new set of levelup numbers every time you load a Save for the map. So if you want to make sure someone gets a good level up, fill up the bar to near max and have them kill an enemy Turn1 on the map and keep resetting until you get good levels.

On Lunatic they roll all the numbers at the beginning of the game. But you can slightly change your level ups by changing classes due to the difference Class growth rates.

E.g. They number rolled is a 52. In your default class you have 40 (personal growth) + 10 (class growth) for that stat, ending in 50. You don't get a stat up that level. But if you changed to a class with a 15 growth, you end up with a 55 growth for that stat, and you will gain a stat for that level up.

I do that already haha, I purposefully let certain units to have 70+ exp before chapter starts so I can save scum if the level up isn't up to par

And I screwed up Conquest 17 yet again because I failed to take into account the boss having a magic weapon which allows him to kill my tank in one round of combat.

Was there a reason why dismount never returned after Thracia 776? I want to have the option for having characters like Hinoka or Percy to fight on the ground while being in their current class, but the only way is to reclass them into something else.

Lead designer left the series and it went into a real different direction.

Shouzou Kaga leaving, guess Binding Blade was more than a basic soft reset for the series than I thought, though seeing what happened in both Genealogy and Thracia, then the GBA entries by comparison should've been obvious?

Unrelated edit: Someone attempted to combine both Azura and Shigure's versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone to have all 4 verses in a single play.

Draxal

Was there a reason why dismount never returned after Thracia 776? I want to have the option for having characters like Hinoka or Percy to fight on the ground while being in their current class, but the only way is to reclass them into something else.

Lead designer left the series and it went into a real different direction.

Sölf

Alright, I beat Conquest. Some thoughts on the finale:

Unlike Birthright, this finale was not total bullshit, but instead interesting. I did loose 2 characters after Takumi shot his first arrow, because I didn't know how exactly these barriers would work. Well, characters not in that line took damage and the barriers got destroyed. This let to Elise dieing (doubled by a Ninja who could now reach her)) and Niles also dieing (taking damage outside of the barrier and then getting attacked). Thought of resetting, because chapter 27 didn't take that long, but then I thought to myself "Let's look how these reinforcements with explosion work."

Well, turns out, I reached Takumi before they reached me, so I just killed him and finished the chapter. All in all, this finale is much more interesting and balanced than the Birthright one, which has a long ass chapter 27 and an absolutely stupid finale, where you either 1 turn it or most likely loose at least one character.

So, with that, I think I will take a break before I start Revelation. I already have over 80 hours play time without all those resets. I have to play something else for the time being... xD

Rafavert

Oh, man, I'm only up to chapter 16 of Conquest, but is the beauty of this scene ever going to be topped?

Minor Chapter 14 spoilers

(Also, Conquest version is cooler).

Overall I'm not regretting choosing Conquest at ALL. The objectives are far more interesting and (comparing with what my friends are saying about Birthright), as is the cast. Probably will only play Birthright because I can borrow it.

The beauty in FE's animation is what makes me want Nintendo to do a FE series/movie rather than Zelda or Mario.

Draxal

Shouzou Kaga leaving, guess Binding Blade was more than a basic soft reset for the series than I thought, though seeing what happened in both Genealogy and Thracia, then the GBA entries by comparison should've been obvious?

Unrelated edit: Someone attempted to combine both Azura and Shigure's versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone to have all 4 verses in a single play.

Well just compare TearRing Saga to Thracia and Fe6 to Thracia. TRS has dismounting fwiw.

Semajer

Finished Revelations. I enjoyed the earlier chapters where you have limited units, but it's not long before they vomit huge quantities of characters on you, and you don't need most of them with how many royals you have control of.

Overall I thought Fates had pretty good gameplay, Conquest especially, but an incredibly weak and poorly told story. It looks like I need to buy some DLC to see what little story exists explained properly. The story-based deaths were awful and the children characters are completely pointless. I think the game would have been much better if they'd stuck to either two paths, or a single path with a child era to finish it off.

Dee Dee

This mirrors my experience with Birthright quite well.
By the last chapter I was completely done with the turteling and neverending reinforcements. Eventually I completely gave up, suicided most of my units to take down the final boss, and called it a day. The ending had no pay-off whatsoever. I told myself I wouldn't really care if I didn't read all units happy end message, but having a blank screen for Shiro, Jakob and Dwyer was sad.

I am glad I took up Conquest now though, it is a breath of fresh air. Coming off of Birthright Classic/Hard I picked Casual/Normal for Conquest, which was a mistake though. I lose units left and right because of dumb mistakes that I don't even bother correcting at this point. Might have to redo the whole thing eventually, but we'll see. Normal seems quite challenging already, but casual mode destroys any necessity for strategy.
The extra map objectives and different map goals are cool.

Weirdly enough, I find the story less offensively bad than Birthright. Might be that Birthright numbed me, or it's gotten into a ridiculous anime territory that I actually enjoy. Chapter 11 now, let's see where this goes.

NeonZ

You haven't gotten to Conquest's dumbest twist yet.

Although I feel like everyone who trashes Conquest's story in comparison with the other ones somehow just sympathizes way too much with Hoshido's crew.

CazTGG

I doubt Kaga was the sole reason that they never used it in future entries since, as I recall, most of the people who worked on Thracia 776 also worked on future Fire Emblem games and Intelligent Systems still has a good amount of talent that worked on the pre-handheld dominated era of Fire Emblem. It's likely a combination of Kaga and Yokoi no longer being involved in the series, coupled with the GameBoy Advance and the common perception that designing for handhelds means simplifying mechanics and Thracia's poor sales
and also the fact that dismounting wasn't a very useful mechanic
that resulted in it being removed from past entries and even from popping up in Mystery of the Emblem's remake aka. the game where they first introduced it.

Velcro Fly

Just finished Birthright chapter 12.

Just a good feeling that I have been carrying a pretty diverse group. Saw some units that Rinkah would enjoy fighting and deployed her for the first time in a couple chapters and she wrecked and got a couple level ups. I've been sort of babying Silas a little bit but his defenses helped at the start of the chapter. Him and Corrin on the front lines with Takumi behind them bombing everything to death.

Enjoying the game quite a bit this time around. Even the Hoshido royalty are starting to grow on me. I liked the Nohr royals as a first impression sort of deal but chose Hoshido due to how the game is.

Also I have no idea about pairings. I may just do whatever I feel and then just plan it out in Revelation.

Just give me Ryoma already game

KiraFA37

Finally up to chapter 27 in Birthright. Only thing is I only have 1 married couple yet (CorrinXFelicia) and I'm not sure if I'll grind some more marriages for story reasons or just be done with it and get started on Conquest.

Dee Dee

Conquest is really harsh and unforgiving. I should totally not play it on Casual, it would be a lot of fun, but I feel a bit burned out on Birthright, and can't get myself to keep resetting. I semi-spoilered a lot of stuff, and want to stop myself from clicking black bars I shouldn't, so I want to get through it quickly and start Revelation.
Not being able to grind AND casual mode where you lose people (and they lose out on XP) but keep them in the roster as useless deadweight is dumb. I feel like I unneccessarily hindered myself. Also I really should grind supports in Castle Battles, or I will not have one single kid in this playthrough.
I'll keep pushing on, but Conquest will be the one I surely return to eventually to try on Classic, and possibly even hard (no promises though, since "normal" is already kicking my ass).

Anyway, I hit chapter 15 Conquest, completely ignored the Dragon Vein, and fled. What happens when you activate it? I couldn't make sense of the German description:
"Your allies will be parted", and then an area on the other separate map was marked.

I actually like how Conquest fills some of Birthright's plot holes. But still: We aren't talking about how Corrin can just turn into a dragon deer? No? Not at all? ._.

Also, is this the "twist" someone was talking about?
Concerning the chapter 15 Conquest end:
lol, it's pudding pops! "You have to annhiliate this other country now, so your brothers and sisters believe you, sorry!"
Well, whatever makes you happy, Corrin. Whatever makes you happy. Now grind supports with Laslow already, for god's sake.

I like how the suspiciously familiar looking Nohr retainers hint at an actual backstory in their supports. Will this get resolved somewhat in the game, or only in DLC?

Oh, one more question: Did I miss out on recruiting Scarlet by not talking to her in her chapter?

Xenoflare

Conquest is really harsh and unforgiving. I should totally not play it on Casual, it would be a lot of fun, but I feel a bit burned out on Birthright, and can't get myself to keep resetting. I semi-spoilered a lot of stuff, and want to stop myself from clicking black bars I shouldn't, so I want to get through it quickly and start Revelation.
Not being able to grind AND casual mode where you lose people (and they lose out on XP) but keep them in the roster as useless deadweight is dumb. I feel like I unneccessarily hindered myself. Also I really should grind supports in Castle Battles, or I will not have one single kid in this playthrough.
I'll keep pushing on, but Conquest will be the one I surely return to eventually to try on Classic, and possibly even hard (no promises though, since "normal" is already kicking my ass).

Anyway, I hit chapter 15 Conquest, completely ignored the Dragon Vein, and fled. What happens when you activate it? I couldn't make sense of the German description:
"Your allies will be parted", and then an area on the other separate map was marked.

I actually like how Conquest fills some of Birthright's plot holes. But still: We aren't talking about how Corrin can just turn into a dragon deer? No? Not at all? ._.

Concerning the chapter 15 Conquest end:
lol, it's pudding pops! "You have to annhiliate this other country now, so your brothers and sisters believe you, sorry!"
Well, whatever makes you happy, Corrin. Whatever makes you happy. Now grind supports with Laslow already, for god's sake.

I like how the suspiciously familiar looking Nohr retainers hint at an actual backstory in their supports. Will this get resolved somewhat in the game, or only in DLC?

Oh, one more question: Did I miss out on recruiting Scarlet by not talking to her in her chapter?

The DV will create another set of your units on the other side of the map in which they share HP with your units up top, and you missed a speedwing by not engaging the boss on the other side

The Awakening Trio has a DLC set which poorly explains why they got to Fatesland. Scarlet cannot be recruited in Conquest

NeonZ

It creates clone units in the lower side of the map. The clones and the originals share HP.

If you mean my previous post, yes, that's it.

Some supports, like
Odin/Ophelia
pretty much confirm everything in rough lines, however, the actual details
and the one who sent them on this quest
are only revealed in a 2 map DLC pack. There's no actual resolution though. It's very likely they didn't have the actual details of their "mission" set when making the game. The DLC came some months later in Japan and although it gives a reasonable backstory, their presence and actions in the game itself don't line up with it very well.

No, Scarlet is Birthright exclusive.

Top Bottom