• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Kinsei

Banned
I think you guys swayed me, I'll skip Awakening and dive right into Fates!

What is the best way to do this? Should I buy a physical copy of Conquest and do the download of Birthright if I want it later on?

If I buy a digital copy of Conquest, can I still grab Birthright for 20 bucks?

Does the 20 dollar promo expire at some point?

Thanks!

Th 20 dollar promo is forever (for both physical and digital versions of Conquest) because that's the DLC price. Yes, you want to download the DLC version of Birthright if you decide to get it since then it links to Conquest for bonuses.

Hugstable

Banned
So quick question, I didn't pay any attention to who produces what kids and how the stats play into it (it's been awhile since I played awakening so I forgot how it goes), but how screwed am I with these pairups? Hope all my kids don't end up weak :X

Kamui - Hana

Rinkah - Kaze

Mozu - Hinata

Saizo - Felicia

Takumi - Azura

Sakura - Silas

Subaki - Hinoka

Kinsei

Banned
Again, what is Lilith temple for?
She doesn't even attack.

See the green tiles when you highlight her while your castle is being invaded? Move your units there and she'll heal them.

I just started Birthright, and holy moly this VA sounds phoned in. I almost don't want to hear it.

There's one character in Birthright who sounds like she just chugged a whole bottle of cough syrup before recording. She's easily my favorite character because of it.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey for those far in Birthright, does the difficulty on hard keep up like this? It's been really tough since like Chapter 9, but I'm loving it so far on Chapter 14 now.

Hey for those far in Birthright, does the difficulty on hard keep up like this? It's been really tough since like Chapter 9, but I'm loving it so far on Chapter 14 now.

It gets harder. Also I'm mad at myself, because I was about to win a chapter and fucked up at the last minute with an unnecessary move

Does Revelations allow grinding? I want to unlock support conversations and I figured this path would be the easiest since you get more units.

Kinsei

Banned
Ryoma is so goddamn amazing. I can just send him in guard stance straight into enemy territory by himself and he'll just fuck shit up

But that's so much wasted XP. I'm trying to avoid using him until my main army is entirely promoted/at level 20 of their base class.

Shun

So quick question, I didn't pay any attention to who produces what kids and how the stats play into it (it's been awhile since I played awakening so I forgot how it goes), but how screwed am I with these pairups? Hope all my kids don't end up weak :X

Kamui - Hana

Rinkah - Kaze

Mozu - Hinata

Saizo - Felicia

Takumi - Azura

Sakura - Silas

Subaki - Hinoka

I posted mostly optimal pairings for each route. Search 白夜 or 闇夜 and that's my post.

I gets incrementally not exponentially harder, not as much as Conquest, but you get a difficulty spike more so once you hit around the lava stage.

But it's not wasted, if anything it's being funneled into the second best unit in the game.

Someone has to feed him so he can keep up his lobster samurai cosplay.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm in Chapter 15 in Birthright and I'm going to assume the dream of getting a decent axe user is now dead and buried for good. Where are all my base berserkers?! D:

Well.... there's Rinkah!

>_>

(My Rinkah turned out decent at least, though I also fed her one of those +2 STR things.)

Draxal

I'm in Chapter 15 on Birthright and I'm going to assume the dream of getting a decent axe user is now dead and buried for good. Where are all my base Fighters?! D:

I love her so much. All of her battle quotes make me so happy

"Victory~ Victory~"

Scarlet's fine.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm in Chapter 15 on Birthright and I'm going to assume the dream of getting a decent axe user is now dead and buried for good. Where are all my base Fighters?! D:

I think Birthright has two you can get? It's the reason I'm seriously considering using a heart seal to make my Corrin a Malig Knight.

Sora_N

What's the best way to lure out the bottom enemies in Chapter 5? I tried to use Rinka but that tag team OHKOs her.

I'm on Hard mode. It took me so many tries to RNG and have Ryoma nearly kill the boss enemy too. :( and Rinka had to die so my 6th reset lol

Jims

Birthright Chapter 11 reminded me a lot of those big Radiant Dawn defense maps where you spread out and repeatedly bait groups 2 or 3 at a time. Not too difficult when abusing the team attacks.

Chapter 12 is really slow-going, however. My team of fancy finesse units have trouble dealing with these bulky tanks.

(My Rinkah turned out decent at least, though I also fed her one of those +2 STR things.)

Same here, although I'm holding off the stat boosters for now. Starting to suspect the reason I like using her more than others is she got RNG blessed in my run. 13 STR/16 SPD/17 DEF at Level 14. Considering using a Seraph Robe on her.

I love how the game guilt trips you into siding with Hoshido by
having you indirectly kill your mom.

Sorry Mikoto but Camilla's love is all I need.

Azuran

Banned
This is amazing. Holy shit.

"Your love trap" BWAHAHAHA

Setsuna has the best support conversations because you can take everything out of context. EVERYTHING

Cbt0TA7UEAEc6Zd.jpg

ryseing

Setsuna has the best support conversation because you can take everything out of context. EVERYTHING

Too bad I dumped her once based Takumi came around. Something to note for a future playthrough.

And that picture...wow. Wow. New desktop background.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm addicted to grinding Supports in Birthright, but now that I've started S-Ranking various characters I think I'll start to settle down and choose core characters to focus EXP. on---I don't really have an urge to mess with the children beyond simply obtaining them, so that'll make it easy to keep the 1st Generation fairly balanced out.

I went with Subaki for my Avatar's husband, he was the first dude who jumped out at me so, I was like, why not? The Paralouge getting his daughter was tough as shit, I'm playing Casual so it didn't matter much but basically everyone died on me but the two ninjas and their supports, Hinoka and Orochi. Was amazing for EXP. though.

Here's my other pairs at the moment (Chapter 10)...

* Silas and Hana: They seemed a nice match. (S Rank)
* Saigo and Orochi. The two darkest looking characters (S Rank)
* Mozu and Hayato. Wanted to pair the two kids up so it wouldn't be weird (S Rank), also the only other child I've gotten at this point from the Paralouge is Rhajat...hey, wait a second...
* Kaze and Rinkah. Well they were paired up at the beginning of the game, so it felt natural...though their Support about eating candy is pretty weak. (A Rank)
* Hintata and Hinoka. Well...their names fit well with one another. (A Rank)
* Azura and Jacob. Just started pairing them up early, and went with it after a bit (A Rank)
* Azama and Oboro. Don't know why I went with this one, just had too many girls left unpaired and thought it'd work out well (C Rank)

Poor Sakura (who I've replaced with Azama for healing duties) and Setsuna are currently alone at the moment---though I'll find someone for them eventually. To be honest I'm finding the Hoshidan characters kind of dull, I'd say Hana, Hinata, and Azama are the only ones who have caught my interest. Hope Nohr is a bit better.

I don't really feel like grinding to 20 for the best results from Advancing, if I'm playing Casual anyway I probably won't lose much by promoting early, right?

Is that Tommy Pickles?

So is Hinoka, that's the first thing I noticed when I started the game lol.

Top Bottom