• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Xenoflare

No, they will give you some bonus stuff if you own both, actually.

No I have Conquest physical and Birthright DLC.

My question is that If I play them side my side can I still have one clear log that indicate that I cleared both paths. I know that you can't have a player log where you finish both birthright and conquest if you own both physicals.

Luigi87

No I have Conquest physical and Birthright DLC.

My question is that If I play them side my side can I still have one clear log that indicate that I cleared both paths. I know that you can't have a player log where you finish both birthright and conquest if you own both physicals.

I am doing this on the SE so I am going to believe it's the same for the Physical + DLC, but I haven't had any problems.

Actually I'm guessing there must be a system file in place, because as I do this characters I have added to my party in one version are retroactively viewable in the Records Library when I load up the other one.

Xenoflare

I am doing this on the SE so I am going to believe it's the same for the Physical + DLC, but I haven't had any problems.

Actually I'm guessing there must be a system file in place, because as I do this characters I have added to my party in one version are retroactively viewable in the Records Library when I load up the other one.

Alrighty then, feeling a bit burnt out powering all the way through chapter 22 on Conquest.

It would feel weird to see my best units showing up as enemies in Birthright, I think this is probably inevitable due to the nature of the game

Really? I haven't been using him because his speed has not been up to par. D:

You should really use him.

Even with somewhat crappy speed he does a ton of damage with a single shot of his unique bow.

His bow also allows him to ignore difficult terrain, so he can move through everything with ease.

Speedwings and pair up can help to alleviate his speed issue.

Xenoflare

You should really use him.

Even with somewhat crappy speed he does a ton of damage with a single shot of his unique bow.

His bow also allows him to ignore difficult terrain, so he can move through everything with ease.

Speedwings and pair up can help to alleviate his speed issue.

Does this also means it's pointless to class him to Kinsi Knight since his bow lets him ignore terrain anyways.

I love the design of the Kinsi Knights but I found it comical that the Songstress has a higher Str cap. Though of course Azura dies when the wind blows in her direction.

Surprisingly she has like 25 HP in my run at level 20 without the use of any Seraph robes.

ChrisD

You must be kidding me.
I spent an hour and a freaking half to beat the map.
No deaths.
Figured I had to kill the spawn-in, because there wasn't a talk option. Just in case that was not the correct answer, I instead caged them in with three other units for the whole battle. Finally killed them at the very end as the last enemy, and with my weakest attacks to see if there was dialogue aftet they received some damage.
Finished, they received the death music. "That can't be good..."

Googled it at the very end and found out Azura has to Talk. I just happened to switch Azura out last second because I wanted to spread some experience around.

I'm now angry, annoyed, and want to know what game deisigner decided a unit that can be switched out is required to recruit another main Unit.

So, to anyone else who doesn't know:
CHAPTER TEN BIRTHRIGHT, ENSURE YOU HAVE AZURA IN THE TEAM, THE GAME DESIGNERS WERE STUPID WITH A RECRUIT REQUIREMENT

All the time, wasted. And not because of a loss. For * sake.

Xenoflare

Keaton can use a Master Seal?
Huh, I would've thought Wolfskin would be a level 30 thing.

Does Azura just suck then.

If you are using Azura as a combat unit instead of letting her sing you are doing something wrong. Ideally she should not be in any battles

There is a reason why Songstress is a level 40 class.

bon

So I've heard that before chapter 6,
units don't die permanently even on classic mode. Is this true for Azura on chapter 5?
Just wanna make sure.

Kaisos

CHAPTER TEN BIRTHRIGHT, ENSURE YOU HAVE AZURA IN THE TEAM, THE GAME DESIGNERS WERE STUPID WITH A RECRUIT REQUIREMENT

He auto-joins at the end of the battle, regardless of whether you killed him on the main map. Using Azura that way just means that you can use him for that battle as well.

ExVicis

So pretty much like Severa then? She was a monster in direct combat, its just that she got bodied by magic users and couldn't take direct hits without a teammate with her lol
Well if you really wanna know (some minor character spoilers)
She is exactly like Severa because she is her.

You must be kidding me.
No deaths.
Figured I had to kill the spawn-in, because there wasn't a talk option. Just in case that was not the correct answer, I instead caged them in with three other units for the whole battle. Finally killed them at the very end as the last enemy, and with my weakest attacks to see if there was dialogue aftet they received some damage.

Googled it at the very end and found out Azura has to Talk. I just happened to switch Azura out last second because I wanted to spread some experience around.

I'm now angry, annoyed, and want to know what game deisigner decided a unit that can be switched out is required to recruit another main Unit.

If you're mad because a character had a recruitment condition then uh I would suggest never playing an older Fire Emblem.

Busaiku

If you are using Azura as a combat unit instead of letting her sing you are doing something wrong. Ideally she should not be in any battles

There is a reason why Songstress is a level 40 class.
I'm not using her for combat, heck I went through like 4 chapters without her even having a weapon equipped...
I just hate looking at her stats.

Xenoflare

I'm not using her for combat, heck I went through like 4 chapters without her even having a weapon equipped...
I just hate looking at her stats.

Well her use is never to trigger combat.

You can however to try to sing spam her. Usually happens when a boss of the chapter has an aggro range of 2 and he's the only enemy left. You can grind her supports that way too.

She gained 6 levels from Chapter 9 conquest and another 5 or so on 14, that's the whole reason why she's above level 20 in my run. lel

Delio

Okay anyone have any tips for Chapter ten on Nohr side? I just cant get past that last onslaught of units jumping at me.

flohen95

If you're mad because a character had a recruitment condition then uh I would suggest never playing an older Fire Emblem.

Who was it again where you had to stand on a specific field with a specific character and wait for a round, with that field lying way out of the normal route you'd take through the map? And the only hint was that there's treasure hidden in the area or something.

Or the one where you have to talk to a character with the main character 3 times on different maps, with that character making like 5 appearances in total?

And those are probably not even the worst. Fun times.

ExVicis

Okay anyone have any tips for Chapter ten on Nohr side? I just cant get past that last onslaught of units jumping at me.
There's only so much you can do on that mission. My strategy initially was to throw my tankiest guys into a choke point why ranged guys rained hell on them and the fliers ran around getting runners, but that only works in the beginning really. So what I did after that was I started pulling everyone back to almost exactly ontop of the green squares, with two people watching the bridge and 3 people watching the right side. It got really messy toward the end but I was able to finish the mission.

Delio

There's only so much you can do on that mission. My strategy initially was to throw my tankiest guys into a choke point why ranged guys rained hell on them and the fliers ran around getting runners, but that only works in the beginning really. So what I did after that was I started pulling everyone back to almost exactly ontop of the green squares, with two people watching the bridge and 3 people watching the right side. It got really messy toward the end but I was able to finish the mission.

Thanks for the tips. That was exactly what i was doing sending the tanks in to hold the line but that last part was painful. Let one flyer sneak behind me and they nuked Elise. Well time to try it again.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Who was it again where you had to stand on a specific field with a specific character and wait for a round, with that field lying way out of the normal route you'd take through the map? And the only hint was that there's treasure hidden in the area or something.
Stefan! Was there really an indicator of any sort though?

Swamped

Banned
I'm on chapter 8 of Conquest and I dunno...I'm just not feeling any of the characters (although Niles and Odin show some promise). Support conversations are ok, but I felt like they shone more in Awakening? I don't feel particularly excited at the prospect is marrying any of the male characters introduced so far. Maybe it's because I'm still early in the game.

Still hopelessly addicted to the gameplay though!

I'm on chapter 8 of Conquest and I dunno...I'm just not feeling any of the characters (although Niles and Odin show some promise). Support conversations are ok, but I felt like they shone more in Awakening? I don't feel particularly excited at the prospect is marrying any of the male characters introduced so far. Maybe it's because I'm still early in the game.

Still hopelessly addicted to the gameplay though!

i feel the same way. outside of the main 4 family characters no one else sticks out to me as much as they did in awakening

HiroTSK5

I don't know what possessed me to start Birthright on Hard since I rarely play games on hard the first time through, but the game has been a frustrating blast. I love the Hoshiido classes, wish the story had more going on than nothing.

Just got to Chapter 23 and yeah, that is some bullshit right there.

ChrisD

It seemed in PoR the requirement was almost always Ike. The Lord. An unchangeable. Admittedly, that's about as early as I've played, and only to Chapter... 13? But I can't recall anyone that needed a specific character.

I just don't see the sense in making an entirely missable character in these more Support Conversation heavy games.

I'll definitely be Googling on the GBA games when I get around to them if this is actually common occurence. Same with when I go back to PoR.

DR2K

Banned
So when you buy the other side on a cart is the download size basically a key for the other 2 versions?

You must be kidding me.
No deaths.

If it makes you feel better, I lost a character on the very last enemy (some mook) in that mission.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What the friiiiick at Chapter 10 Hoshido.
And Conquest is worse?!
I don't even know where to begin with this map!.. Literally, I've been staring at it for ten minutes.
Marathon map, let's go, I guess.
Took me at least 3 hours.
Keep the turrets mounted! They're so much damage!
There's a combination of two people (horse dude and backup mercenary girl) that I used in tandem to slaughter the right side of archers all by themselves. I used my mages for the left and they managed that side by themselves too.
The middle is where all the fuckery happens. Never, ever, put anyone who's not a tank in a position to be attacked next turn cause those shurikens will give you an aneurysm.

After that it's dumb luck. I basically funneled everyone to a point and let my tank be a blockade for a solid two turns. During the later tens you HAVE to consolidate your forces. This chapter taught me a lot about team up attacks and working my way through a line of enemies. Just like how the one before taught me about pulling aggro.

It seemed in PoR the requirement was almost always Ike. The Lord. An unchangeable. Admittedly, that's about as early as I've played, and only to Chapter... 13? But I can't recall anyone that needed a specific character.

I just don't see the sense in making an entirely missable character in these more Support Conversation heavy games.

I'll definitely be Googling on the GBA games when I get around to them if this is actually common occurence. Same with when I go back to PoR.
Let see.
Marcia's brother, Astrid could only be recruited by Gatrie
Stefan
Devdan only by Children characters
Harr by Jill
And a few more I'm forgetting.

Honestly that was one thing I hate from awakening, that only Chrom could recruit characters.
Not counting children

L95

http://serenesforest.net/the-sacred-stones/characters/recruitment/

Here's FE8 for you, I've noticed the characters that can't be recruited with the lords tend to have a few of alternate options.

Path of Radiance has quite a few non-Ike recruitments, such as Haar, Makalov, or Devdan. Heck, it has two of the weirder recruitments between Stefan and Shinon. There's also weirdos like Karla or Cath. Something I really miss about current Fire Emblem is interesting recruitment conditions. The only really neat 3DS one is Severa in Awakening.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You must be kidding me.
No deaths.

But he shows up on the second turn... Once I realized no one could talk to him, I killed him, which was clearly the wrong answer. Just restarted with the requisite character that was pretty obvious. Not sure why you played through the entire map without a quick restart.

ChrisD

...So they definitely didn't intend on you getting everyone in FE8, then.

But there also wasn't an endless game after the main story, either. Or looooads of character development in (loads of) Support Convos.

I guess I can actually appreciate the old games limiting when really looking at it as a multiple playthrough thing. But we don't need it in the newer titles. That much my opinion is firm on.

Top Bottom