• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Mupod

I'm kind of at a loss to which seals to upgrade. I guess now that I have over 200 coins, I should at least upgrade one. Distant Defense seems to be the favorite?

Oh, and this will apply to nearly none of you, and is probably obvious, but multiple Live for Honors don't stack.

distant defense is so good that it's a safe bet. I do think it's funny that I was regretting spending 20k feathers to give Hector Panic Ploy when that seal was added, but these defensive seals are so nice that I'd rather run those over the PP seal any day.

Right now I have deflect magic, distant defense, and atk ploy all at level 2. Atk ploy is mainly for AA and to put on Azura for defense. But in the future when def ploy is available again it'll be awesome.

deflect magic can be used to turn a flimsy green mage like my -Res Nino into another Rein counter for AA, but it's also been great on Hector in my 'real' arena team since it negates QP moonbow. It felt real good watching Rein hit him for 4 damage during my 7-streak yesterday.

the other nice thing about deflect magic is I put it on my defense Brave Lyn to be a jackass to anyone running a Bowbreaker mage. Won't help against Quick Riposte though.

Distant Defense is of course also great on Hector but there's no reason I can't use both and I have people like MRobin, Nowi, Ryoma etc to use that on.

I rarely see Firesweep melee users and Brave Bows aren't that big of a problem for me atm so I'm holding off on the other Deflects for now.

Upgrading the HP, Attack and Speed seals is something I'd like to do in the future even if they are 'boring'. 2 extra speed goes a long way for certain units in that 38-ish range and 3 attack is always going to be good on brave weapon users.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
What are some good guidelines for Firesweep Lance users? Do they benefit more from high atk or high spd?

I'm rolling in normally crappy blue fliers so I'm wondering if I should slap Firesweep Lance on a merged 4* +atk Est, or if I should merge up a 4* Florina or Shanna instead.

My guess is high atk might be more important, because multi-hit kills keep getting nerfed by things like deflect seals and BIke. The problem is that I don't have cheap Death Blow 3 fodder to go with it.

B.Lyn is just showing herself to be more and more broken the more I use her. I honestly think she's better than Rein at this point. The ability to land so many free shots from range is amazing, and even eliminates the need for a red sword to counter Hector.

Sciel

What are some good guidelines for Firesweep Lance users? Do they benefit more from high atk or high spd?

I'm rolling in normally crappy blue fliers so I'm wondering if I should slap Firesweep Lance on a merged 4* +atk Est, or if I should merge up a 4* Florina or Shanna instead.

My guess is high atk might be more important, because multi-hit kills keep getting nerfed by things like deflect seals and BIke. The problem is that I don't have cheap Death Blow 3 fodder to go with it.

B.Lyn is just showing herself to be more and more broken the more I use her. I honestly think she's better than Rein at this point. The ability to land so many free shots from range is amazing, and even eliminates the need for a red sword to counter Hector.
Typically if you wanna use Firesweep weapons, then +speed boon is preferred.

Of course, having high attack is important too but the weapons itself (bow 11, lance 15 MT) makes up for it and allow you to still hit quite hard. High speed then allows you to double speedier units without retaliation.

NSESN

You need both. Good users are Cordelia, Tana, Est for fliers and Peri and Oscar for cavaliers.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
These Gauntlet battles may be the least interesting thing I've ever done in a mobile game. They are just so boring and stupid.

Ondore

Went diving for Minerva or another Palla and got... Luke. OK then.

I'm kind of torn because I have plenty of sword cavs (Xander, +1 Brave Roy, plan to get Eliwood up to 5). Do I give his Brave Sword to the Lord of the Bench? Maybe slap Panic Ploy on my Hector for when he's not in Armor Emblem? Can someone actually use Fire Boost (Zephiel)?

NSESN

These Gauntlet battles may be the least interesting thing I've ever done in a mobile game. They are just so boring and stupid.
Yep. And it is not lile they can't improve their modes. TT mini is super fun (the normal one still gets boring after a week) when the first TT was atrocious. GHB got super interesting with the advent of infernal mode. And even Arena with its stale meta is more fun with all people thinking creative builds to stop Lyn and Rein.

I mean how do you fix a popularity contest?

You either make it like this to ensure it isn't one side beat downs that were awful or you make it pure voting like the first and People bitched endlessly on the first one.

At least in this there's a certain amount of investment whereas in other if say Lucina is fighting Eliwood...well why the fuck would you even bother playing? The outcome is known and will be a 10 billion to 10k outcome where neither team has any sort of incentive to battle.

spiritfox

I mean how do you fix a popularity contest?

You either make it like this to ensure it isn't one side beat downs that were awful or you make it pure voting like the first and People bitched endlessly on the first one.

At least in this there's a certain amount of investment whereas in other if say Lucina is fighting Eliwood...well why the fuck would you even bother playing? The outcome is known and will be a 10 billion to 10k outcome where neither team has any sort of incentive to battle.

One way is to make it so there's no one stand out like in the healer gauntlet or this one. Another is to make it actually not tedious to play. Having to open the app every 30mins just to do one easy battle (or stupid if you get bad allies) is bad and should be changed. Plus make it so the battles are actually interesting might be nice. Having a special stage ala Splatfests or make it a different mode so you're not just playing pseudo arena might make it more interesting. And they could do with making the rounds shorter.

There will be still unbalanced matches, but if it's fun to play then at least it's not that bad.

Draxal

Speed is more important, but you do need decent strength as well. The big thing is being able to double.

Sterok

Elincia/Cordelia/Cherche/B!Lyn made quick work of Minerva and Maria. And Elincia couldn't even kill Minerva. I needed Cherche's Bonfire for that. All hail Flier Emblem.

Free Death Blow 2 from Hawkeye? Meh. My free pull has never been good.

Akuun

BHB went down with ATiki/Ninian/B.Lyn/Cecilia. I just hung back and let them come to me.

Maria was surprisingly durable, but that was about it. Lyn took out pretty much everything.

explodet

I used Ursula to wreck the red mage and give CavBuffs to BLyn, and then let her and two dancers do their thing.

Can't wait to see my free pull be another 3* Est, even when I pull red.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You clearly never played Dokkan. ^^

Ha, I am a Dokkan veteran. I was never one to go all out in tournaments. I was happy to get some good easy rewards and leave the top finishers their prizes for spending so much effort.

taking advantage of color specific training tower days definitely makes getting badges for upgrades essentially a non issue. Used 2 stamina pots and now I have distant defense 3

IxllwTf.png
where are your reinhardt and bow lyn now

Anyone else seeing a dramatic increase of red mages in arena? I have faced several Sophia (bonus unit so it makes sense), Lilina, Celica, and a couple Tharja and Sanaki. Used to rarely ever see them.

Akuun

Anyone else seeing a dramatic increase of red mages in arena? I have faced several Sophia (bonus unit so it makes sense), Lilina, Celica, and a couple Tharja and Sanaki. Used to rarely ever see them.
I haven't seen them, no.

I have seen more super green-heavy teams, though. I came across a bunch of teams that don't even have a red unit at all. Often something like Lynhardt + P.Azura + some blue.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
The challenges which try to hinder Horse Emblem with trees always end up being incredibly simple to beat with Flier Emblem, and this Bound Hero Battle was no exception. Miracle and Dazzling Staff made the Maria surprisingly tanky, though.

Firemind

The challenges which try to hinder Horse Emblem with trees always end up being incredibly simple to beat with Flier Emblem, and this Bound Hero Battle was no exception. Miracle and Dazzling Staff made the Maria surprisingly tanky, though.
If only flier emblem was as easy to assemble.

ChrisD

Being Stronger by a small amount is a bad feeling
I want to win, so being ahead is cool. But I want the bonus points, so if we're gonna' be this close, can I be put on the losers side? lol

Alkez

My orb count is finally back in triple digits after the 250 orbs I wasted on Elincia banner. Feels good. Waiting to see what Halloween has to offer before going in on the dancers banner.

Random question but is there anyone here who has a team with Brave Lucina? If so what are the units you're using with her, and what build? I want to build a team around her as I have an SPD+ nature so trying to get ideas.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I played 6 matches today and every team had Tharja or Celica. I guess it makes sense. Everyone is running green mages on offence in arena to counter Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, so putting red mages gives you a chance to mess with that.

jnWake

Beat BHB Infernal. Team was Innes, Gordin, Eirika and Olivia. Nidhogg is so good, letting Innes double most units on the field with the spd increase.

HoodWinked

havent seen any personally but it makes sense it would since the influx of green dancers and the popularity of brave ike.

Weebos

Banned
My orb count is finally back in triple digits after the 250 orbs I wasted on Elincia banner. Feels good. Waiting to see what Halloween has to offer before going in on the dancers banner.

Random question but is there anyone here who has a team with Brave Lucina? If so what are the units you're using with her, and what build? I want to build a team around her as I have an SPD+ nature so trying to get ideas.

Now that you mention it, yeah. I played 6 matches today and every team had Tharja or Celica. I guess it makes sense. Everyone is running green mages on offence in arena to counter Reinhardt and Brave Lyn, so putting red mages gives you a chance to mess with that.

I don't have a main team built around Brave Lucina, but I usually run her with Ike and Brave Ike in Arena Assault. They make a pretty solid bulky infantry core.

Pejo

Is there still a bonus for using the character you support on the voting gauntlet? Like I'm using Ninian on team Ninian. I keep getting matched against greens and I'm wondering if I should pick a red character instead.

Akuun

I don't have a main team built around Brave Lucina, but I usually run her with Ike and Brave Ike in Arena Assault. They make a pretty solid bulky infantry core.
One of my tempest autobattle teams was Ike/B.Lucina/S.Tiki/Maria. They work pretty well together, provided they don't run into a fast, nuking mage like Linde.

xequalsy

Is there still a bonus for using the character you support on the voting gauntlet? Like I'm using Ninian on team Ninian. I keep getting matched against greens and I'm wondering if I should pick a red character instead.

Yes, still a 1.1 bonus to your score (110 instead of 100 base).

kewlmyc

So they make a Infernal GHB that is pretty much anti-horse emblem, and it's beatable with horse emblem+dancer.

Horse emblem will never die, will it?

Free pull was a 4* Sheena (I think that's my third free Sheena; one was 5*), decided to keep pulling and got a Minerva on the second orb. -spd +hp is pretty bad though.

ggx2ac

Is there a cap on the voting gauntlet multiplier? I forget.

From the looks of it, the multiplier could get higher than 8x.

I rarely see Red Mages in either Arena mode. Only one that I recall seeing recently is Celica.

I fought her in Arena Assault on the Bridge map, and she was quite scary. This was a L&D3 Ragnarok build, and she started right next to Green Azura. The only Hero who could actually tank was my Azura, but the lack of Distant Counter still made this situation tricky.

I won the match without casualties, but I definitely had to spend several minutes planning my moves throughout.

ggx2ac

While leveling up Inigo in Camilla's special map. I could technically use four three dancers and one unit.

Inigo is in the centre while the other dancers surround him. The other dancers take damage but Inigo's weapon has the Breath of Life effect so I can heal them up to four times for 28 health.

However at the moment it's 3 2 dancers, Inigo and one healer because he wouldn't survive against a red mage.

So rather, four three dancers and Fan Olivia (with dance unequipped) using Fan Olivia at the centre would be better since she's colourless. (Or change Fan Olivia to Felicia since she has high Res.)

Edit: Why I'm mentioning this is because it's pretty awesome. There are enemies surrounding me but I just hit them from range, get danced, hit again and again and again and heal everyone. It's an awesome strategy.

Shito

4cf94c2a-04b4-4402-9zarse.jpeg

The important part is of course Delthea, the other two can be changed to any crazy good unit you have that will benefit from BLucina and Delthea’s buffs!

I couldn't beat it with this setup.
BLyn with 3 dancers is all you need, though it’s easier if one of those dancers is Azura to take care of that pesky red mage.

I'm kinda at a loss on what seal to give my neutral IVs Firesweep bow+ cancel affinity 3 brave Lyn. What would you guys recommend? I'm usually using her in a horse emblem team with hone and fortify buffs.

QP, SPD/ATK+3 seems good.

Thanks! I was considering SPD or ATK since my Reinhardt is using QP. But I just wasn't really sure since there are so many options right now. I was even toying with the idea of giving her deflect magic 3 and making some adjustments to her build. But SPD or ATK would be useful for player phase

Top Bottom