• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

xequalsy

Does anyone think we'll see proper Halloween units? I figure they'd have been out by now, but maybe they're saving them for the 15th or so?

We'll probably see a teaser next week, then a trailer the week after, to release just as the Performing Arts banner expires. (or slightly before)

They'll probably have a regular release in between though, since otherwise we'll have had seasonal limited units release twice in a row.

Looking through my units and I see a -HP/+Attack Nino (3*).

Worth investing all the way to 5*?

Just trying to invest in more units as I don't have enough units to field multiple teams yet.

Looking at that support list....I have BLyn with Olivia and thats rank 19...

But some of these are such meme supports.

Ike with BIke
Alphone with Sharena
Ephraim with Eirika
Ike with Soren

then when you realize it's a large chunk of players with meme supports....

Sterok

Blew 80 orbs hunting for another dancer. Got 4* Soren and Oscar. Then double Performing Azura! +HP/-Atk and +Res/-HP. Which one to use? Well I'm satisfied with this banner, even if it means losing out on Olivia and Shigure.

Mupod

Looking through my units and I see a -HP/+Attack Nino (3*).

Worth investing all the way to 5*?

Just trying to invest in more units as I don't have enough units to field multiple teams yet.

+SPD is ideal, but Nino is one of the best uses of 20k feathers especially early on. Normally she's not much of a Reinhardt counter especially as -HP, but an upgraded Deflect Magic would allow her to fill that role just fine.

Anecdotally, Nino is the first unit I ever promoted to 5* and I still use her on every single AA run.

Firemind

+SPD is ideal, but Nino is one of the best uses of 20k feathers especially early on. Normally she's not much of a Reinhardt counter especially as -HP, but an upgraded Deflect Magic would allow her to fill that role just fine.

Anecdotally, Nino is the first unit I ever promoted to 5* and I still use her on every single AA run.
Honestly *4 Nino is fine. Supporting her is the problem. Without buffs, she really is dead weight. So you should either pair her with Eirika, Lancina or someone with Hone+Rally.

Busaiku

Looking at that support list....I have BLyn with Olivia and thats rank 19...

But some of these are such meme supports.

Ike with BIke
Alphone with Sharena
Ephraim with Eirika
Ike with Soren

then when you realize it's a large chunk of players with meme supports....
Ikr and Soren are phenomenal together.
Soren takes out Blue, Colorless, and can take on physical Green units.
Ike tanks physical hits, deals with Red units, and takes out Green mages as well.

Red mages beat them, but they're not the most common, and both with Reposition can possibly take them out before they get going.

Shinypogs

Yeah one of the streamers I follow runs regular Ike with a blade tome Soren and that duo is pretty bonkers. I supported my blade tome Soren with a +def B!Ike and they steamroll a lot of content. While meme supporting exists some oddnor silly seeming pairings based on series canon are are actually quite good in game.

NSESN

Glad Nino x Eirika seems to be a thing. It's the most practical combo in terms of covering each other's weaknesses on the list.

Horse Emblem is strong on this list.

I think Ephraim is better to cover Nino's weakness. I think Eirika is more popular because she is easier to get.

Draxal

I think Ephraim is better to cover Nino's weakness. I think Eirika is more popular because she is easier to get.

Easier to get and there's a billion good blue units.

I support Xander X Celica and Camus X Reinhardt, Rein/Camus is obviously not ideal but they do the job.

lt519

Might give up with a 3.75% rate on the dancing banner. Been going for Olivia and Shigure but I'm finding the 5 dancers I already have is more than adequate for any content and Azura and Inigo seem to be the best out of the banner anyway. Time to start saving again..

Draxal

Xander exists. And Cordelia? She isn't that great without firesweep or a flier team.

Xander was May 2nd, people have been begging for Xander rerun for a reason.

Est and Cordelia are both very solid brave death blow units just like Cherche, they don't need to be in a flier team only.

Xander exists. And Cordelia? She isn't that great without firesweep or a flier team.
Brave cordelia with death blow hits for 52atk x2. Thats pretty fucking good without flier buffs. Firesweep build is generally hitting 54atk x2

if I ever get another roderick though I still want to build firesweep for Cordelia, and give my +ATK cordelia a speed +3 seal.

Shinypogs

281 orbs, I'm torn between wanting an actual Halloween banner to spend them on or hoping we have no seasonal banners til December and then just doing a huge 600+ orbs summoning session of epic proportions.

Bow lyn + 3 dancers did the first two levels of the bound hero battle for me easy peasy but I can't get the infernal level done. It'd be a breeze if I had a brave bow plus to slap on her or wom fodder for all my dancers but nope :(

Might be able to pull something off with BK on one side and Bike tanking the other plus some dancers or healers.

NSESN

Xander was May 2nd, people have been begging for Xander rerun for a reason.

Est and Cordelia are both very solid brave death blow units just like Cherche, they don't need to be in a flier team only.

Brave cordelia with death blow hits for 52atk x2. Thats pretty fucking good without flier buffs. Firesweep build is generally hitting 54atk x2

if I ever get another roderick though I still want to build firesweep for Cordelia, and give my +ATK cordelia a speed +3 seal.

I am not saying Cordelia is bad, I am just saying that she isn't like Reinhardt that can fit in almost every team without huge investment. And even then I think in a Nino team Ephraim fits better.

Ran into this guy in arena I didn't realize his DEF was so high as a character:

DL9BTzZUEAAfH9y.jpg
DL9BUa1UQAAW7qq.jpg

Had to bait him into attacking Elincia who weakened him with Moonbow enough for danced and slightly buffed Bkyn to attack him for times and kill him.

wew that was a fight.

I am not saying Cordelia is bad, I am just saying that she isn't like Reinhardt that can fit in almost every team without huge investment. And even then I think in a Nino team Ephraim fits better.
shes one of the absolute best units in the game with 0 support. So no I'd disagree completely.

Tier lists still rating her as S+ outside of emblem teams too.

NSESN

Ran into this guy in arena I didn't realize his DEF was so high as a character:

Had to bait him into attacking Elincia who weakened him with Moonbow enough for danced and slightly buffed Bkyn to attack him for times and kill him.

wew that was a fight.

I wish Xander was pullable character. A +def +10 would have 44 defense withot any buffs. With double distant defense he would take no damage from any archer.

shes one of the absolute best units in the game with 0 support. So no I'd disagree completely.

Tier lists still rating her as S+ outside of emblem teams too.
She is only S+ in the gamepedia arena tier list. And in the gamepress she is only tier 2.
I honestly don't think she is very threatening with her base skills as Tana or Elincia.

Shinypogs

I have distant def seal ( needs upgrade) and green tomebreaker on my Xander. With a fortify cavs and his S support nearby the only thing killing Xander is tiny hands man ( well maybe a Linde but I never see her). He tanks lancers and cavalry effective weapons just fine thanks. His low speed means nothing when you hit for 0x4

Xander and Camus reruns are going to bolster horse emblem because these boys are just so solid as defensive and offensive units respectively. I understand why IS is hesitant to bring them back but for the sake of new players doing PvE content they really should let them have the best horse bros.

I'm pretty sure IS is also avoiding giving us a good axe cav on purpose too.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So got a Shigure from sniping blues, so I'm done with this banner.

Pretty terrible IVs (-SPD/+HP), but a dancer is a dancer.

She is only S+ in the gamepedia arena tier list. And in the gamepress she is only tier 2.
I honestly don't think she is very threatening with her base skills as Tana or Elincia.
base skills no, but I wasnt referencing those. Shes missing Death Blow which is all she needs.

+ATK death blow puts her at 52atk x2. Elincia is 55 x2 with +ATK and death blow. Thats not a very large difference with minimal investment on cordelia. Its also a lot easier to get a +atk cordelia since shes available 4*.

High investment makes cordelia the better unit since a firesweep sword doesnt exist.

Sciel

I think she's pretty solid, probably on par with Elincia and Cherche as brave weapon user if you invest in her.

Personally, I don't use her in my Flier team since I run Summer.Corrin/Tana/Elincia/Cherche. Prefer to use Tana in this setup since she provides more balance to the team.

Outside of Flier Emblem, I don't see why she isn't near top tier? I normally run a lone flier (Elincia) on my main team. Obviously the needs of each team differ depending on color typing/maps but she's still fantastic unless you're trying to shoehorn her into a team which already has a lance user.

NSESN

base skills no, but I wasnt referencing those. Shes missing Death Blow which is all she needs.

+ATK death blow puts her at 52atk x2. Elincia is 55 x2 with +ATK and death blow. Thats not a very large difference with minimal investment on cordelia. Its also a lot easier to get a +atk cordelia since shes available 4*.

High investment makes cordelia the better unit since a firesweep sword doesnt exist.

Well I was talking about base units and how you won't trade Ephraim for her in a Nino team.
Regardless I prefer my melee units to have utility over damage so I can see why would someone think differently.

jnWake

35/35 atk/spd is one of the best offensive statlines in the game. Combined with easy to get flier buffs like Palla's Goad Fliers she can get some quite nasty stats. With her default Brave Lance and TA she can kill any red without issue.

I haven't summoned Cordelia once in this game, and I definitely want her. Instead the game has given me 6 Clair, tons of Est, Florinas, Subaki and other Blue repeats.

NSESN

Combined with easy to get flier buffs like Palla's Goad Fliers she can get some quite nasty stats..

That's is a lie and you know it. Hinoka is one of the rarest units in the game. We need a 4 stars with Hone fliers, even if its only unlocked at 5 stars.

macklelol

Unless you have panic ploy, which doesn't really work on fliers, the opposing flier emblem will be just as buffed.
Fliers can run Panic Ploy. Cherche has like 46 HP. A summoner supported flier can run Panic Ploy as well.

I am just saying that fliers aren't that easy to buff. Goad is a good alternative but in some ocasions it would be better to have both. In my horse team most of my members have both.

Sure, both are nice to have, but Hone Fliers is only needed if you run a flying mage. In melee flier teams, Goad works very well. I say this from personal experience, triple/quad Goad works great.

Really, you don't need Hone Fliers to play fliers. You don't need a flying mage. I've been using Flier Emblem for a long time, melee fliers are very powerful and can operate just fine with only Goad buffs.

I have distant def seal ( needs upgrade) and green tomebreaker on my Xander. With a fortify cavs and his S support nearby the only thing killing Xander is tiny hands man ( well maybe a Linde but I never see her). He tanks lancers and cavalry effective weapons just fine thanks. His low speed means nothing when you hit for 0x4

Xander and Camus reruns are going to bolster horse emblem because these boys are just so solid as defensive and offensive units respectively. I understand why IS is hesitant to bring them back but for the sake of new players doing PvE content they really should let them have the best horse bros.

I'm pretty sure IS is also avoiding giving us a good axe cav on purpose too.

Is G Tomebreaker necessary on Xander? He can one-shot any green mage (except maybe Boey and Spring Camilla).

Top Bottom