• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

OVDRobo

He negates buffs from horses and fliers, his weapon makes him take less damage from consecutive attacks and also is a killer weapon.

Thanks. I guess he at least evens the playing field against X-emblem teams which is desirable enough to someone like me who is sick of seeing them, and that's without taking into consideration he's just a really powerful unit that has access to Aether almost all the time.

I really want a Lucina because of her design but Ike is so much better.

What is the link?

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/color

ggx2ac

I pick Ike knowing he won't win the final if he makes it but I can't believe how rough it is doing the voting gauntlet.

Almost every match I've done has given me Ike or Seliph as an ally, I just did a match where my whole team is Ike.

Damn those morons for not putting a non-red unit as their leader.

PMS341

Am I wrong in thinking that Brave Lyn's default kit is actually pretty good? I'm sure there are technically better skills to inherit, but she seems built pretty well from the get-go.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Picked up Lyn as my freebie. Tried to pull on the brave banner a few times and got a -atk Tana? Oh well, that mobility skill still seems super ace, and Tana seems well suited to tank/support anyway.

The other pulls were nothing special but I thought it was pretty funny how I seemed to get a Ninian starter pack: 3* A.Tiki, 4* Roy, and 4* Abel. And I have a Ninian, so I already know where those units are going.

ggx2ac

Am I wrong in thinking that Brave Lyn's default kit is actually pretty good? I'm sure there are technically better skills to inherit, but she seems built pretty well from the get-go.

Aside from adding a support skill, she's a Cavalry unit so you can change her C skill to a cavalry buff if you want to use a cavalry team.

Didn't get anything good on my free pull(Subaki) but I did pull a 4* Reinhardt with +HP -RES IVs. Not ideal, but not the worse. I think I'll end up building and promoting him next.

OVDRobo

Not entirely sure about the validity of it, but some of you might want to read this post:
THAT'S ILLEGAL!!! (Gacha laws 101)

I don't think it's so much illegal to change stuff in gacha games as much as it is something that has evolved to be highly discouraged as part of the genre being furthered by a couple of lawsuits around similar but distinctly different issues that caused gacha developers to be very wary of making changes.

Akuun

Yeah, she's pretty damn good out of the box. All three skills and her weapon are great.

Sterok

A long garbage summoning session where I spend over 100 orbs. New units were 4* -Atk Seth, 4* Priscilla, 4* Marth, and then finally +Atk Brave Roy with a bonus 4* +Atk Lilina. Got my free Lyn, and it's back to hoarding.

A long garbage summoning session where I spend over 100 orbs. New units were 4* -Atk Seth, 4* Priscilla, 4* Marth, and then finally +Atk Brave Roy with a bonus 4* +Atk Lilina. Got my free Lyn, and it's back to hoarding.

You must be used to having crazy luck if you're disappointed with these results.

mjc

60 orbs spent and not a single 5*.

200.gif

Sessions like these remind me why I don't spend real money on gacha games. Thank god.

Torn on which free unit to get. Is Lyn the consensus best overall? I have less than 40 orbs so I doubt I can pull any of the others.
They're all good units but people favor Lyn because she's the only Bow Calvary in the game right now and she's a good colorless unit and pulling good colorless units is a joke.

fek

Used over 150 orbs and Cordelia broke my boosted rate. Just got my free Lyn but would have liked Lucina too. I guess there's still time to keep trying but that was bad.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How bad is a -SPD CYL Lucina?....

Also, if I already got Lyn and Lucina, is it worth for rolling for Ike and Roy?

Akuun

80 orbs down, no banner units.

Quite glad they gave that free CYL hero. It really helps ease the salt.

SoulFist

Man! I must have used up all my gacha game luck for the rest of my life because I pulled Roy and Ike in one group of 5, and then in the next I pulled Lucina. Only 25 orbs for three out of four! Thankfully it made choosing which free hero to get easier. Woo!

Torn on which free unit to get. Is Lyn the consensus best overall? I have less than 40 orbs so I doubt I can pull any of the others.
Lyn fills a role that no other character that exists does. Shes also colorless so pulling for her is a pain in the ass.

2 good reasons to pick her over the other 3.

kewlmyc

Why not go with the +res one? Lyn's defense is already mage tier, so it shouldn't hurt her much, and extra res helps against mages, who she would counter even harder.
I got mixed up. It's actually

Neutral
-Spd/+Res
-Atk/+Def
-Res/+Def

None really optimal except neutral. Maybe making neutral +1 or +2 would help.

PK Gaming

Also, illegal.

Providing an optional item to boost the BST of those units wouldn't be, though.

The game's already pretty kind to weaker units as is, but at the same time, Odin being stuck with 22 Attack forever seems beyond unfair.

Man, Nepehenee and Black Knight coming? Dang.

Get your ass in here, dawg.

Glad you luck seems to be turning around, bro. Finding two Kleins from the colorless hell is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Thanks. Definitely gonna waste one to power up my Jeorge, but it's gonna be costly...

Alrighty went with Lyn. Thanks guys.

Did a full pull and got a 4* Klein which should be useful. Saving my orbs until the last day of the banner now.

Went with Brave Lyn for the given unit, then rolled the banner for three pulls worth. Got 4* Raven free, 4* Sully, then Brave Roy. Tried for Lucina after getting some more orbs from the Paralogues, but 4* Roderick, 4* Lilina and 4* Rebecca. Rebecca is new to collection and the others are nothing to complain about. Back to orb collecting.

Add: I chose Tharja for the vote, mostly on whim as a new (and pretty solid) unit to my roster. Also, 198/200 characters...time to clean house a bit.

Akuun

I've mostly given up on roster management. I just pay the 1 orb expansion tax whenever my roster is full because I always go "hmm, maybe I should keep these four Raighs because maybe I'll need that many Rally Attacks someday." Or "Maybe I can go and make that 4* +10 Est someday even though I don't give a crap about her at all."

My roster is like 260 people now. I can't decide if I'm being dumb or practical.

Chucker

Since I seem to be going through all my gacha games, I'll ask the same thing here.
Here is my current box (3 and under excluded).
Cs0PSgDl.jpg

SeWGvSgl.jpg

Bsmnb6ql.jpg

I usually use Marth, Peri, Camilla, Julia or Chrom, Faye, Novi, Julia.
I've hit a hard wall basically, and have pulled Lyn as my free. Any ideas on who I should focus on in my box, or try for on the current banners?
I'm thinking I'll want to focus on Ike since I could get a Hector also.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pulled 2 CYL heroes in 20 orbs. Only need to get Lucian now to finish it up, but I'm out of orbs. Got a +Att/-Res Ike, but the Roy is -Att/+Res.

Chose Ike as my free unit, then got a 4* Klein from my free pull on the regular banner, so I feel pretty good about that.

No more pulls on this banner I think. I don't really care for any of the other CYL units, and I'd much rather try for Hector again.

Top Bottom