• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Busaiku

Why can I not get Lucina.
screenshot_20170831-0ftrv9.png

PK Gaming

Asking again for posterity. Please helppppppppppp.

It's a definite bummer, but she's still pretty good. Her +3 Attack / +6 Speed boost to physical attacking infantry units is awesome. You could also build her as a more versatile Ephraim, giving her Quick Riposte to hard counter Red units and still do fairly well against Blue units. She's extra weak to mages now so you will need to cover her with anti-mage units and such.

Life and Death could also theoretically fix her Speed issues (especially if your boon was +Def)

As for rolling for Ike / Roy, it's up to you. Ike's pretty solid, while Roy is genuinely great.

Busaiku

+HP, -Resistance Ike is probably better than +Defense, -Speed.
Besides Ignis, which I don't plan on using, are there any advantages to the latter?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's a definite bummer, but she's still pretty good. Her +3 Attack / +6 Speed boost to physical attacking infantry units is awesome. You could also build her as a more versatile Ephraim, giving her Quick Riposte to hard counter Red units and still do fairly well against Blue units. She's extra weak to mages now so you will need to cover her with anti-mage units and such.

Life and Death could also theoretically fix her Speed issues (especially if your boon was +Def)

As for rolling for Ike / Roy, it's up to you. Ike's pretty solid, while Roy is genuinely great.

it was -SPD and +Def. I'm just wondering if I should just grab a neutral Lucina or roll for more Lucina.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I feel like all four of these CYL heroes are so good that you can't really go wrong with pulling any of them. It's nice in a way, because you can do full pulls on the banners instead of sniping.

PK Gaming

Anyone else upset that all of the good FE8 characters (read: everyone but Seth) is exclusive to 5 stars, but the guy with the ugly as sin art and generally lackluster stat spread is 4 stars?

That's just dirty, especially when you take into account that they used to have 2 4 star / 2 5 star split.

bah

kayos90

Wow, you didn't pick your free CYL unit yeah? I'd probably just grab a neutral Lucina. She's just way better.

Well... that's the thing. I already have two CYL Lyns. One is +SPD/-DEF which is good. I have that -SPD/+DEF Lucina. Just wondering if I should just diversify and grab the Lucina or grab the Roy or Ike. Or roll....

That free pick feels good after my run of bad luck lately. All I needed to see was Ike with his dads huge axe and knew which to pick. Now the question is pull for Hector or the other brave units...

Anyone else upset that all of the good FE8 characters (read: everyone but Seth) is exclusive to 5 stars, but the guy with the ugly as sin art and generally lackluster stat spread is 4 stars?

That's just dirty, especially when you take into account that they used to have 2 4 star / 2 5 star split.

bah

I feel you, having spend 400 orbs on this banner without getting anything worthwhile hurts even more

PK Gaming

Well... that's the thing. I already have two CYL Lyns. One is +SPD/-DEF which is good. I have that -SPD/+DEF Lucina. Just wondering if I should just diversify and grab the Lucina or grab the Roy or Ike. Or roll....

Option 1) If you want a solid Lucina, grab her
Option 2) If you're content with having a subpar Lucina (but a good unit) don't
Option 3) If you have any interest in Roy or Ike, grab them, otherwise refer to 1 or 2

Can't really go wrong with any of the options

kayos90

Option 1) If you want a solid Lucina, grab her
Option 2) If you're content with having a subpar Lucina (but a good unit) don't
Option 3) If you have any interest in Roy or Ike, grab them, otherwise refer to 1 or 2

Can't really go wrong with any of the options

Right... I think my issue is I know those options but it's hard to choose. Are the Roy and Ike units good? I mean... I know theyr'e GOOD but are they worth it over the Lucina?

PK Gaming

Right... I think my issue is I know those options but it's hard to choose. Are the Roy and Ike units good? I mean... I know theyr'e GOOD but are they worth it over the Lucina?

Roy and Ike are good, but not as good as Lucina. Look at this way; do you want to have as many CYL as possible? Or do you want to have the best possible Lucina available? it comes down to that, I think. Are you fans of Roy/Ike? You seem like a Lucina person, tbh.

kayos90

Roy and Ike are good, but not as good as Lucina. Look at this way; do you want to have as many CYL as possible? Or do you want to have the best possible Lucina available? it comes down to that, I think. Are you fans of Roy/Ike? You seem like a Lucina person, tbh.

I am a Lucina person. i don't really want a Ike cuz I have Hector and Nino. I think in a vacuum Ike is good but the appeal isn't there. Roy would be good for Horse Emblem, I know Xander exists and he'll come back, but Roy is very appealing.

spiritfox

I am a Lucina person. i don't really want a Ike cuz I have Hector and Nino. I think in a vacuum Ike is good but the appeal isn't there. Roy would be good for Horse Emblem, I know Xander exists and he'll come back, but Roy is very appealing.

They'll be always available, so if you don't need them I think it's better to go for the neutral Lucina.

Reddit is also fantasizing black knight will have D.C. Built into his weapon. We shall see. I hope he does and I hope he is a GHB unit. I'm sitting on feathers until they unveil the next GHB.

Edit: I'm done with these banners, broke my pity rate around 4% with a 5* Reinhardt. Oh well he shall give my +atk +1 atk.

PK Gaming

Aight, then I think you should go with Lucina. I know if I went with Roy and had to stick with my -Speed Lucina, I'd regret it forever.

spiritfox

Reddit is also fantasizing black knight will have D.C. Built into his weapon. We shall see. I hope he does and I hope he is a GHB unit. I'm sitting on feathers until they unveil the next GHB.

Edit: I'm done with these banners, broke my pity rate around 4% with a 5* Reinhardt. Oh well he shall give my +atk +1 atk.

Alondite is supposed to be the sister of Ragnell. If they give Ragnell DC and not Alondite, there will be riots.

Riots I say.

Addi

Took the free Lyn, I only had takumi and kagero as 5* colourless. I was disappointed I didn't get any Amelia when her banner was up, but I got her on my free pull on the new banner :p 2 gold in one day, not bad.

Credo

If my main group before today was Ike, Hector, Nowi, and Takumi, which of these free units could replace one of them?

I was leaning toward Lyn or Lucina, but I'd love to hear suggestions from someone else.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If my main group before today was Ike, Hector, Nowi, and Takumi, which of these free units could replace one of them?

I was leaning toward Lyn or Lucina, but I'd love to hear suggestions from someone else.
I'd swap Taco for Lyn in a heartbeat. Ike, Hector and Nowi are all very strong, top-tier units. Taco is decent, but much weaker in comparison.

OVDRobo

Replace Takumi with Lyn. It's a no-brainer.

You could go the two Ike route as well but you'd be missing out on Hector's Distant counter unless you wanted to dump it on Brave Ike in return for losing some of his ridiculous skill cooldown.

Firemind

Best possible Lucina would imply a speed boon :3

I'm actually having an issue here.

Neutral Brave Lyn and my +ATK,-SPD Brave Lyn

I automatically went neutral cause fuck -SPD banes but Lyn is so blazing fast that even suffering a SPD bane her natural kit allows her to overcome that plus she has higher ATK.

Firemind

I'm actually having an issue here.

Neutral Brave Lyn and my +ATK,-SPD Brave Lyn

I automatically went neutral cause fuck -SPD banes but Lyn is so blazing fast that even suffering a SPD bane her natural kit allows her to overcome that plus she has higher ATK.
Not against buffed units she won't. Especially if she wants to quad.

Ninferno

Reddit is going on about Black Knight + Wary Fighter. What if they gave him a non inheritable "Goddess's Blessing" skill?

I was joking about "Ashera's Blessing: takes zero damage from non-legendary weapons" as BK's B skill a few pages ago. Wary fighter was already Zephiel's B so another red armored GHB unit with it will feel extremely repetitive and flat-out lazy. Besides, PoR BK probably won't have very low speed; he's speed feels more like 25 ~ 30 so Wary Fighter makes less sense. Instead, maybe they will finally introduce Nihil with BK, as another measure to counter the current rampage of buffs in the meta, but who knows.

As for Alondite, I don't see any chance of it not having built-in DC. Alondite to Ragnell is like Siegfried to Raijinto, but actually closer. Reddit people meme about Berkut a lot and like to joke about BK receiving the "Berkut treatment"; but in all seriousness, the Berkut currently in Heroes is clearly the "sane" or normal version, not the "super evil, engulfed in flames" version. It makes absolutely zero sense for a regular Berkut to have DC; I never understand how people can whine about it nonstop and somehow consider it funny.

Dropped 220 orbs this morning on the brave heroes banner and managed to get 5x 5* Ninian, Lyn (+res...ugh), Rebecca, Chrom and Luke. Definitely not a bad pull, as I finally got my first Ninian, but was hoping I would get lucky and pull either and Ike or Lucina.

Ah well. At least I managed to get a +1 for my Lyn :).

Apparently Urvan's damage reduction lasts as long as Ike doesn't attack meaning it can last for consecutive battles. Can someone test this?

Top Bottom