• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

NSESN

I was joking about "Ashera's Blessing: takes zero damage from non-legendary weapons" as BK's B skill a few pages ago. Wary fighter was already Zephiel's B so another red armored GHB unit with it will feel extremely repetitive and flat-out lazy. Besides, PoR BK probably won't have very low speed; he's speed feels more like 25 ~ 30 so Wary Fighter makes less sense. Instead, maybe they will finally introduce Nihil with BK, as another measure to counter the current rampage of buffs in the meta, but who knows.

As for Alondite, I don't see any chance of it not having built-in DC. Alondite to Ragnell is like Siegfried to Raijinto, but actually closer. Reddit people meme about Berkut a lot and like to joke about BK receiving the "Berkut treatment"; but in all seriousness, the Berkut currently in Heroes is clearly the "sane" or normal version, not the "super evil, engulfed in flames" version. It makes absolutely zero sense for a regular Berkut to have DC; I never understand how people can whine about it nonstop and somehow consider it funny.
Only evil Takumi has CC in Fates tho.

lt519

What'd you spend it on?

Brave Bow+ (Gordin) and Death Blow 3 (Hawkeye) for Brave Lyn. Not a fan of Life and Death so went Death Blow 3 but also didn't want to chew up my 4* Klein so just promoted a Hawkeye and stole it from there. Plan on running her in Horse Emblem so with buffs (Goad x2 and Hone Cavalry for an extra 28 dmg) she should kill any Mage and with her no counter ability I can just re-position her around when fighting tanky units.

Vena

Apparently Urvan's damage reduction lasts as long as Ike doesn't attack meaning it can last for consecutive battles. Can someone test this?

No, just tested it on Lunatic 3 Paralogue, and he definitely takes full damage from different heroes.

Edit: Though let me check something.

Edit2: Checked again, he takes full damage from other heroes for sure.

Managed to roll Brave Roy on my second roll on the CYL banner. +ATK -RES IVs for him which is the best, I think. What's the best way to build Roy?

Edit: I'm thinking of Blazing Durandal/Galeforce. For the passive, maybe Reposition? Desperation will definitely be my B skill, but I don't know what A/C skills to give him.

Credo

I'd swap Taco for Lyn in a heartbeat. Ike, Hector and Nowi are all very strong, top-tier units. Taco is decent, but much weaker in comparison.

Replace Takumi with Lyn. It's a no-brainer.

You could go the two Ike route as well but you'd be missing out on Hector's Distant counter unless you wanted to dump it on Brave Ike in return for losing some of his ridiculous skill cooldown.

Thank you both for your responses. Takumi is now on the bench!

Theosmeo

Managed to roll Brave Roy on my second roll on the CYL banner. +ATK -RES IVs for him which is the best, I think. What's the best way to build Roy?

Just all out offense, his def and res are both kinda meh. Life and death and his prf combined with galeforce and quickened pulse mean that he'll often be able to move again after attacking assuming he out attacks his opponents, which shouldnt be difficult with a 19 damage prf and +5 from lnd. If you run horse emblem or delthea he can get an additional +6 attack too

Just all out offense, his def and res are both kinda meh. Life and death and his prf combined with galeforce and quickened pulse mean that he'll often be able to move again after attacking assuming he out attacks his opponents, which shouldnt be difficult with a 19 damage prf and +5 from lnd. If you run horse emblem or delthea he can get an additional +6 attack too

What C skill should I give him? I don't have Gunter so I can't pass down Hone Cavalry.

Ninferno

Wasn't he insane already by then?

You got to be kidding me. We can always speculate but there will be no end to that, isn't it. What we can only tell is when he appears in Conquest chapter 10 (that river and bridge map) with Hinata and Oboro, he looks normal and speak normally. It is only until Conquest endgame (chapter 20 something, title "Possessed") that he appears with the blue flame thingy similar to Berkut. I mean, there's no point in arguing over such trivial thing; I don't know if he's perfectly normal in Chapter 10, but he certainly doesn't need the blue flame to close counter.

I was joking about "Ashera's Blessing: takes zero damage from non-legendary weapons" as BK's B skill a few pages ago. Wary fighter was already Zephiel's B so another red armored GHB unit with it will feel extremely repetitive and flat-out lazy. Besides, PoR BK probably won't have very low speed; he's speed feels more like 25 ~ 30 so Wary Fighter makes less sense. Instead, maybe they will finally introduce Nihil with BK, as another measure to counter the current rampage of buffs in the meta, but who knows.

As for Alondite, I don't see any chance of it not having built-in DC. Alondite to Ragnell is like Siegfried to Raijinto, but actually closer. Reddit people meme about Berkut a lot and like to joke about BK receiving the "Berkut treatment"; but in all seriousness, the Berkut currently in Heroes is clearly the "sane" or normal version, not the "super evil, engulfed in flames" version. It makes absolutely zero sense for a regular Berkut to have DC; I never understand how people can whine about it nonstop and somehow consider it funny.

That's good to hear. Hopefully it will be a GHB unit.

spiritfox

Besides, most important villains in the series have special weapons with 1-2 range (or more). You can't expect all GHB units to have a DC prf weapon.

Mupod

well it's Voting Gauntlet quest week so I figured I might as well actually try and get an arena score by spamming crests. Lo and behold, I got a parade of Ikes and strangely high scoring teams. Hector/Ryoma/Nowi were supposedly carrying my 4* Subaki but he actually did quite a bit of work, mostly with flying around swapping people or nuking Ikes with Ignis.

At one point I fought a 692, which was pretty crazy considering I have a 4*. But my score was good enough that I could chicken out with horse emblem on the final map for a 680 point match, putting me at 4806. Should be fine to get into 20, right?

Only match that even made me sweat a bit was the first one, where a firesweep Bridelia got danced into Nowi. Nowi shrugged it off but that Bridelia had Poison Strike for some reason, between that and Fury she fell to 1HP. Used Ryoma to one shot Bridelia then swapped Subaki into his place to save him from Swordbreaker Fonse and Azura. Hector still had to eat a hit from a speed boosted Alfonse but poor Al's still too slow to double the big man. Low stakes match but felt good to pull it off.

But yeah, not a single Reinhardt, which is funny because I put sacred cowl/QP on Hector in anticipation of him. On the other hand, Ikes of all shapes and sizes this week. No match for Subaki or 34 speed Nowi. I wonder if people have their defense team set as Team 1, and they are just swapping Ike in for the voting gauntlet?

Free pull was 4* Palla. Pulled the rest since it was all blues and reds and got a Linde and OG Roy.

The Linde is -atk but if I put a blade tome on her it shouldn't matter too much, right?

lt519

At one point I fought a 692, which was pretty crazy considering I have a 4*. But my score was good enough that I could chicken out with horse emblem on the final map for a 680 point match, putting me at 4806. Should be fine to get into 20, right?

Literally just came to post this, finished up a semi-selective 4806 run with a 4* Legion. 4800 made it two weeks ago, but it looks like this might be closer, already at 50% with 4 days to go. I saw quite a few Reinhardt and a shit ton of Tana's. Very low on the dancers compared to when I do Arena Assault for some reason. Probably just small sample sizes.

I can't put together a good AA run this week, I'm gonna lower my BST just so I can stay in top 10k for that like usual. Have a 1 death run clocking in the low 4700s. I was so close last night and left a unit within range of a dance :/

NSESN

You got to be kidding me. We can always speculate but there will be no end to that, isn't it. What we can only tell is when he appears in Conquest chapter 10 (that river and bridge map) with Hinata and Oboro, he looks normal and speak normally. It is only until Conquest endgame (chapter 20 something, title "Possessed") that he appears with the blue flame thingy similar to Berkut. I mean, there's no point in arguing over such trivial thing; I don't know if he's perfectly normal in Chapter 10, but he certainly doesn't need the blue flame to close counter.
I legit thought he was possessed by then. But well I don't like to remember that Conquest had a story.

Mupod

Literally just came to post this, finished up a semi-selective 4806 run with a 4* Legion. 4800 made it two weeks ago, but it looks like this might be closer, already at 50% with 4 days to go. I saw quite a few Reinhardt and a shit ton of Tana's. Very low on the dancers compared to when I do Arena Assault for some reason. Probably just small sample sizes.

I can't put together a good AA run this week, I'm gonna lower my BST just so I can stay in top 10k for that like usual. Have a 1 death run clocking in the low 4700s. I was so close last night and left a unit within range of a dance :/

I did AA with the exact same starter team as last week but I'm 20 points lower...should still be in the 2500 feather bracket, though. I just don't have the time to spam AA for more points.

My problem is the prevalence of blue units means my meager supply of greens runs out fast. I'm working on a few discount units to make next week smoother. Working on Titania and Soren, and I also built a 4* FRobin with Gronnraven, TA2, QR2, and Bonfire. She will be able to handle both Reinhardt and CYL Lyn. My own Lyn will round out a secondary cavalry squad.

I've been pulling for green constantly lately but I just don't find green 5*. I think the last one I got was on the first Hero Fest.

Is it me or every characters best proc and A skills to inherit are Moonbow and Fury ? Followed up some guide and everytime they say "just pick moonbow and fury man", are they some alternative because I have only two hinatas and a few palla...

Anyway, I've seen that you can choose your defense team now, and I need some advices about that : Who should I choose between all my five stars ? My score are terrible rn

R-lYSlNR.jpg

There is a Reinhardt that I will upgrade soon to five stars btw

Roman

Is it me or every characters best proc and A skills to inherit are Moonbow and Fury ? Followed up some guide and everytime they say "just pick moonbow and fury man", are they some alternative because I have only two hinatas and a few palla...

Anyway, I've seen that you can choose your defense team now, and I need some advices about that : Who should I choose between all my five stars ? My score are terrible rn

There is a Reinhardt that I will upgrade soon to five stars btw

I've heard Gamepress does this a lot but haven't checked. There's many units that are better with the other options. Which unit are you looking at in particular?

Sushen

Both Lyn and Lucina are getting crap tons of votes. It's pretty obvious whoever wins here will win the whole thing. The multiplayer is ever so slowly building up for Lucina.

lt519

My problem is the prevalence of blue units means my meager supply of greens runs out fast. I'm working on a few discount units to make next week smoother. Working on Titania and Soren, and I also built a 4* FRobin with Gronnraven, TA2, QR2, and Bonfire. She will be able to handle both Reinhardt and CYL Lyn. My own Lyn will round out a secondary cavalry squad.

I've got enough to handle them, I just tend to have a mental lapse here or there and let a dancer get too close. Or I pick an entire team of hard counters to what I see but can't get the AI to separate, move to the correct positions, or I realize to late nobody has a positional support move. I think I need to focus on just building more teams with good synergy instead of cherry picking random units each map.

Draxal

Both Lyn and Lucina are getting crap tons of votes. It's pretty obvious whoever wins here will win the whole thing. The multiplayer is ever so slowly building up for Lucina.

doesn't mean anything, they might be saving up for ikebike.

Samstrike

doesn't mean anything, they might be saving up for ikebike.

Yeah, still haven't spend my flags since our team stomp roy with little to no effort.

I've heard Gamepress does this a lot but haven't checked. There's many units that are better with the other options. Which unit are you looking at in particular?

Eirika, Azura, Olivia, Reinhardt, Tharja and Shareena

Sushen

Ike actually have more hourly points.

There is this nice chart which tell the hourly points for the past hours and predict the points and multipliers for the next hours :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U6g9SomUR-P0bbSb9rIC1f604SiCrD1E2MkD03i1fzc/htmlview#

lol Ike is getting more votes than either of them
10 mins ago the girls were over 2 billion points and Ike won't hit that number until 4 hours later according to the google doc. What am I missing here?

Guess it's time to see what Cherche is all about. Have enough of her to +5 her at 4* and leave a spare. I have a +atk/-hp that appears to be the best of the bunch, a 5* Hawkeye for DB3, and a 4* Clair for hit and run. No brave axe+ though.

i would trade all my cherche's for a +spd/-def Nino

kswiston

Blew through all of my orbs (and around $30) trying to get some brave heroes. Got Brave Roy and a 5 star Lucas that ruined my pity rate, but nothing else. I dis get a handful of useful 4star units, but I really want more of the Brave Units.

I can probably pull twice more before the event ends. I'm not spending more money on this game few another couple of months.

Is there any consensus on which of the brave heroes is the best pick? I assume Roy is the worst (but even Roy is decent).

Top Bottom