• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Yeah, atk does seem like an important stat to him, so I suppose I'll hang on to the second one and who knows maybe one day I'll pull a better one!
Still don't know who to give DC to, I have a +atk Effie on which I really like death blow, so maybe that'll give me a reason to promote zephiel...

Yeah, I got really lucky on the CYL banner, got Ike and Lucina in less than 25 orbs, with the free Lyn I'm only missing Roy but eh, I can live with it. ^^
So I decided to push my luck going for Hector, and got two in 60ish orbs... and even a Seliph (meh) with it, so that's 5 five stars in less than 100 orbs, I'm rarely that lucky.

OK, cool, thanks! That does sound quite a bit better than I thought when explained like that! :)

No problem. To the bolded I would wait another week or so until we find out what the Black Knight is like. He potentially could come with a unique weapon with D.C. Built in and is the same color, red.

Cerium

IIRC, you didn't think Lyn could beat Lucina in the CYL vote though!

I don't recall that.

I do recall expressing confidence that Lyn would remain the most popular female character for this voting gauntlet.

Final round vs Ike is gonna be lit.

Nope. As I said elsewhere, if Lucina loses its only because they split the popularity vote because of tharja drawing attention away.
wEj3b_s-200x150.gif

Shito

No problem. To the bolded I would wait another week or so until we find out what the Black Knight is like. He potentially could come with a unique weapon with D.C. Built in and is the same color, red.
That's a very good point! I was planning on waiting a few days anyways to really decide on who to give it to, but hadn't thought about that!

Trying to get that orb with 10 wins with only flying units on tower 10 is a pain when you only have 2 good fliers and they're blue...

The on the other side of the spectrum my CYL banner is now at 3.75 pity rate and slowly rising...

Achtius

Trying to get that orb with 10 wins with only flying units on tower 10 is a pain when you only have 2 good fliers and they're blue...

The on the other side of the spectrum my CYL banner is now at 3.75 pity rate and slowly rising...

you can always bring narcian for killing anything blue.

lt519

What's the go to strategy for map 4 of the CC12 on Lunatic? The one with Sonya in the castle. Not sure how to bait them out slowly and kill everything in 5 turns. I can run any combo of BLyn, Cecilia, Rein, Camus, Titania, and Xander to that point just fine, but then I fall apart.

I can do the 2 team 5 battle but barely get through so I haven't even attempted CC11&12 yet. I really feel like a good flier team would trivialize this but I never landed a mage flier.

I'd really like those 4 orbs (;

Ugh, multiplier is making Lyn-Camilla way closer than it has any business being. That multiplier tomorrow has to happen sooner rather than later to assure victory for the superior character.

Yes, I have a -def Hector and he still walls attacks really well. It just means he is more susceptible to swords is all. That high HP pool will be great against Reinhardts as well. I actually think defense is his second best bane, first being speed. HP bane leaves him with lower pool to field the before mentioned Reinhardts and res banes makes that trickeir as well.

So yea, feel good about that Hector. 34 defense is still really good, especially with the extra HP.

Mine is -Def as well and he definitely does the job. Sometimes I feel a bit envious when I see Hectors with the Def boon but I can't say he doesn't do what I need him to do. He could probably stay in Armads zone for longer against lances with another bane though.

My whole Armor team is -Def not counting Zephiel lol

NSESN

I agree Aversa is going to be a red mage flier.

But she won't be the first red mage flier.

Let's wait, halloween is coming. Maybe it is Hoshido focused because we have yet to have hoshido special units, I can see they making Honoka a red mage flier.

Eidjinn

Gaf, can someone help me with my team building?
First, let me post it:

Hector (-spd; +res)
Armads, Pivot, Bonfire, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur atk

Lyn (Brave version - neutral stats)
Mulagir, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Scae's Blessing

Reinhardt (-hp; +atk)
Dire Thunder, Reposition, New Moon, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Atk 2

Olivia (-def; +hp)
Ruby Sword+, Dance, Knock Back, Hone Atk 3

That being said...does this team have a good chemistry? Or should I try to lv up another unit?

For example: I had a pretty nice combo with Olivia and Takumi... but the same combo just doesn't work well with Olivia+Brave Lyn. (Also, I'm thinking of building another Olivia... I have a+spd one, and a + atk one).

I have Tharja, Camila, Minerva, Marth, Roy, Takumi, Jeorge, Effie, and two Eirikas (4* only)

Any ideas on how to improve my team?

Also, how the hell people can go past the first Tempest trial level? I can't win the second one! So, I really need some kind of guide!

Thanks in advance!
(Ah, it's also my very first post here! I really don't know why I didn't come here before!)

Cerium

I'm working on my Horse Emblem. It's gonna be Brave!Roy, Brave!Lyn, Reinhardt, and a fourth. I'll mainly be using this team on defense.

Is it worth investing in making a stronk Cecilia for a complete set of ponies?

spiritfox

I'm working on my Horse Emblem. It's gonna be Brave!Roy, Brave!Lyn, Reinhardt, and a fourth. I'll mainly be using this team on defense.

Nah, leave a slot for the bonus character.

If you're're not concerned about a bonus character slot, then yes. I have a *5 +SPD/-RES Cecilia with Gronnblade+ and Darting Blow, and she pretty much deletes everyone once she's charged up. I've had her and Reinhardt clean up several Tempest Trial maps on their own.

I'd hesitate to make her 5* though, unless you rarely pull green orbs. I've spent more time in green hell than most, and ended up with quite a few Cecilias...after I'd already dropped 40k feathers for my 5*. If you pull greens often, it'd probably be easier to shoot for a 4* +5 Cecilia, maybe even a +10 if you're "lucky." That way, you'll only lose 20k for Gronnblade+, or nothing at all if you think regular Gronnblade is good enough.

lt519

First, let me post it:

Hector (-spd; +res)

Reinhardt (-hp; +atk)

Olivia (-def; +hp)

That being said...does this team have a good chemistry? Or should I try to lv up another unit?

For example: I had a pretty nice combo with Olivia and Takumi... but the same combo just doesn't work well with Olivia+Brave Lyn. (Also, I'm thinking of building another Olivia... I have a+spd one, and a + atk one).

I have Tharja, Camila, Minerva, Marth, Roy, Takumi, Jeorge, Effie, and two Eirikas (4* only)

Also, how the hell people can go past the first Tempest trial level? I can't win the second one! So, I really need some kind of guide!

Thanks in advance!
(Ah, it's also my very first post here! I really don't know why I didn't come here before!)

Reinhardt is a pure glass cannon, you have basically the best roll you could possibly get on him. If you want to build a team to clear Story content, start by building around him. For Arena he does great but he'll only get you to the top tier, won't keep you there due to horses having lower scores. But you have Lyn and Rein, if you happen to have Camus and Xander from the GHBs you can beat all the content in the game with those 4.

Gamepress and gamepedia have good build guides just google FE Heroes <insert character name> and there are suggested optimal builds that'll be the top results.

For Reinhardt you'll want to upgrade New Moon to Moonbow, go with an offensive A skill like Death Blow (since he attacks twice Death Blow 3 adds 12 damage). I'd also give him Lancebreaker from Arthur (1 or 2 is fine) and then if you are using Lyn upgrade her Spur Attack to Hone Cavalry. Get Rein's Goad Cavalry upgraded and that'll give +4Atk/Spd to Lyn in battle. I personally gave Lyn a Brave Bow+ and she is wiping the floor with it, but that'll probably cost you 20k feathers and a Gordin (careful with Klein he has Death Blow which is super valuable). If you add two more horses you'll want 2 Goad Cavalry (Camus and Rein have them), 1 Hone Cavalry (inherit from Gunter), 1 Foritify Cavalry (inherit from Jagen).

Your Hector and Lyn are built well. Again, I'd put Hone Cavalry on Lyn to give Reinhardt +6 ATK (and since he attacks twice this really 12 more damage, on top of the 12 from death blow 3, and if you have someone with spur attack it'll give him 2x2 more. Position your units properly and you can have 28 more damage on the attack phase! It adds up quick and makes a huge difference. If you are fighting a lance wielder and have lancebreaker he'll attack 4 times! The only lance unit in the game that can survive that is Effie at full health).

If you have Fury 2 or 3 I'd give that to Olivia to give her overall stats a boost. Typically she should only be fighting greens unless you give her Swordbreaker as a B skill to try and double up other Red Lords, even then she'll come out wounded. She's my defacto Hector killer in Arena but in Tempest and Chain Challenges she hangs back and plays support.

I'd say your team has all the angles covered, you should be able to cover most the content with that team. If you are struggling in the multiple battle modes you could consider giving Hector Renewal 3 and Ardent Sacrifice to act as a pseudo healer (or switch Olivia out for Marth who gets +10 HP every three rounds and can act as a psuedo healer with Ardent Sacrifice).

If you are struggling in battling I think you need to examine your stategies; use Lyn and Rein to attack and Olivia to dance them back our of danger (or use Reposition on Lyn/Rein to pull the other back) and positioning with your C skills is important. You have a lot of Spur skills which only activate if your attacking unit is adjacent to the unit with the spur ability. The majority of this game is all about positioning your units to maximize buffs and stay out of danger.

The only knock I have on your team is Hector doesn't really fit well. You have two units that move 3 spaces and a unit that can dance them even further, you're likely leaving Hector behind a lot. If you continue to use that team be patient and let the enemy come to you, pick them off and dance away. Try Camilla out, she's got high defensive stats but better mobility than Hector. She can bait and then get out of there as Rein and Lyn clean up. Hector might just get in the way if you try and bait with him.

Roman will help you out more on the Discord server in the first post in this topic. If you aren't into Discord (I'm not) post screen shots of all your heroes and we can help you come up with a couple different teams. You may not realize it but Titania and Frederick would complement Rein and Lyn well, they aren't S tier units, but you don't need a team of four S tier units. Sometimes you need a couple units that fill a very specific role, like Titania is excellent as soaking up attacks from blue mages without taking any damage. Put her in range of a Reinhardt or Delthea let them come in, then pick them off with Lyn/Rein.

Probably not, Lyn and Rein are going to wipe everything out already, you don't need a third maxed out glass cannon. Cecilia 4*+ with a Blarblade would be fine, not worth the 40k feathers to 5* her and get her a Blarblade+. I'd suggest a Titania since Lyn, Roy and Rein are all weak to mages and if you find yourself in a corner she's really nice to soak up a hit from a blue or green. Most would probably disagree with me though...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
First, let me post it:

Hector (-spd; +res)

Reinhardt (-hp; +atk)

Olivia (-def; +hp)

Thanks in advance!
Your C skills don't have a lot of synergy. For example, you have two cavalry units so you might want to use cavalry buffs for them, but because they are both heavily offense-oriented units, you don't have the option to put Hone Cavalry on one and something else on the other (for example, a Hone Cav Xander paired with a Goad/Fortify Cav Rein). Because both Bow Lyn and Rein are player phase-oriented units who rely on killing everyone first and preferably ending their turn in a position where no one can hit them back, you want them BOTH to have offensive buffs to maximize their chances of taking people down during player phase. So in this case, you might want to actually put Hone Cavalry on BOTH of them so that they can buff each other offensively.

Give Lyn Draw Back or Reposition as an assist. This lets you do the shoot > dance > back up and pull dancer back with you combo that lets you take out units without leaving anyone in range to attack you during the next turn. You can do the same with Rein or any ranged character.

Olivia's default Knock Back B skill isn't that useful. You might want to put Wings of Mercy or a breaker skill on her instead. Second, note that Hone Atk 3 won't help Lyn and Rein in this team if they use cavalry buffs, because Hone Cavalry's +6/+6 will override Hone Atk's buff. Whatever you put on Olivia's C skill, it will really only help Hector, so give her whatever you think will help Hector the most.

With Ruby Sword, Olivia is your only real anti-green unit, so she'll likely be responsible for taking out enemy Hectors, and maybe baiting the occasional green mage. But in this team, she will likely be spending most of her time dancing your two horse units around to help them kill everything, or helping Hector get into position. While Olivia can probably kill green mages herself, you could also just use Lyn for them to take advantage of most mages' lack of defense.

Hector's your tank, and is likely your Rein/bow counter. Spur Atk isn't great for him because armored units generally don't have the mobility to position themselves properly to use Spur skills. If your two horses are using cavalry buffs, you might want to consider giving him something that helps him with his tank role and doesn't require positioning him around other units, like Threaten Def or Threaten Atk.

Cerium

Nah, leave a slot for the bonus character.

If you're're not concerned about a bonus character slot, then yes. I have a *5 +SPD/-RES Cecilia with Gronnblade+ and Darting Blow, and she pretty much deletes everyone once she's charged up. I've had her and Reinhardt clean up several Tempest Trial maps on their own.

I'd hesitate to make her 5* though, unless you rarely pull green orbs. I've spent more time in green hell than most, and ended up with quite a few Cecilias...after I'd already dropped 40k feathers for my 5*. If you pull greens often, it'd probably be easier to shoot for a 4* +5 Cecilia, maybe even a +10 if you're "lucky." That way, you'll only lose 20k for Gronnblade+, or nothing at all if you think regular Gronnblade is good enough.

I have a +Spd/-Def Cecilia that I was planning to up to 5* but we're talking 40k feathers to get her there and give her the Gronnblade+. That's a lot of fucking resources and I've already blown 20k feathers to give Brave!Lyn a Brave Bow+ off of Klein.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'm going to pass in favor of a bonus character.

My real problem now is that my Reinhardt has a shitty -Atk nature and I need to pull a better one to finish this up. And who knows when he'll get on a banner again.

Sushen

My new horse team is BRoy, BLyn, Reinhardt, and Titania. Titania is for tanking mages while BLyn and Reinhardt are bombing enemies. I'll see if I really need to turn BLyn into another brave bow user after trying her default kit for the arena.

Galeforce is interesting, as I've never used it before. I'm also curious to find out how he's going to fair with mere 34 health, which is 37 with a seal.

What's the go to strategy for map 4 of the CC12 on Lunatic? The one with Sonya in the castle. Not sure how to bait them out slowly and kill everything in 5 turns. I can run any combo of BLyn, Cecilia, Rein, Camus, Titania, and Xander to that point just fine, but then I fall apart.

I can do the 2 team 5 battle but barely get through so I haven't even attempted CC11&12 yet. I really feel like a good flier team would trivialize this but I never landed a mage flier.

I'd really like those 4 orbs (;

Put Xander all the way to the right, in Leon and Sonya's range. Due to type advantage, Leon will attack Xander.

Put Reinhardt just under the cliff.

Next turn, Reinhardt can kill Saber. Retreat Xander. Your green should kill the blue flier, and then lure the rest from the castle.

Kettch

Well, my 120 orb drought ended with a...Young Tiki. Not particularly exciting, especially since I have about 8 Adult Tikis and no Ninian to make a team with anyway.

I wish the pity bonus only added onto the banner character chance, instead of an equal amount to off-banner 5*s.

Still hoping for a Roy or Lucina, not really interested in Ike. Maybe I'll get lucky before the banner ends.

lt519

Holy shit just had the weirdest summoning session. I had 20 orbs saved up from the freebies and have been pushing for Ike. Pull a green, Camilla animation, crap, 4*. Pull a blue, Robin animation, crap 3*. Pull a red, Tiki animation, 5* YTiki, (eh ok, that completes Dragon emblem). Decide to finish off the board for the pity rate, pull a blue, Robin animation, 4*. I had 4 animations in one board...so much hype, so much let down.

Well, my 120 orb drought ended with a...Young Tiki. Not particularly exciting, especially since I have about 8 Adult Tikis and no Ninian to make a team with anyway.

Haha, perfect timing.

Put Xander all the way to the right, in Leon and Sonya's range. Due to type advantage, Leon will attack Xander.

Put Reinhardt just under the cliff.

Next turn, Reinhardt can kill Saber. Retreat Xander. Your green should kill the blue flier, and then lure the rest from the castle.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Edit; YTiki was a blessing in disguise!!!!! I switched over to CYL pity rate and got a Hector (+ATK/-DEF) with a YOLO snipe. Woohoo! Keep or DC on Titania...oh man. I could 5* Effie and Zeph and have a full Armor Emblem team now, but they'd all have pretty weak SI since I've only ever had one Hector and one Effie.

MildSoss

Man, had 5 orbs after the log in bonus tonight and did one last yolo pull on the CYL banner. Bam, a +Spd -Def Brave Lyn. Thank you rngesus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another newbie question... so to get Brave Lance on Donnel, I can either take the 3* version or the 5* version. Am I supposed to get Donnel to 5* to use him as inheritance, or can I just settle for the 3* version?

I suppose on the flip side, it IS worth upgrading 3*s to 4*s to get their highest level skills even if it will take extra time/feathers? (ie, to go from New Moon to Moonbow)

Firemind

Donnel gets Brave Lance+ at 5* as weapons get to their highest level at 5*, but I wouldn't promote him to 5* if you don't need to inherit Brave Lance+. You might just get random 5* Brave weapons from pulling.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Ughhh, was forced to pull a red orb since no blues showed up and I broke my pity rate on a -Atk Lilina. At least my Elise can run Attack +3 now if she needs to.

Varjet

Got Brave Lyn with my last few orbs. +hp/-def, which is alright.

Chances that I'll get Lucina now are pretty slim, but I'll throw the remaining free orbs of the next couple of days at her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Donnel gets Brave Lance+ at 5* as weapons get to their highest level at 5*, but I wouldn't promote him to 5* if you don't need to inherit Brave Lance+. You might just get random 5* Brave weapons from pulling.
Should I just use the normal Brave Lance in its place then?

spiritfox

Put it on Effie as per the post from a few pages back. Just trying to figure out a way to get rid of some characters sooner rather than alter. lol

Effie is good enough with Brave Lance if you're short on resources. But you might be better off keeping Silver Lance+ if she doesn't have a special equipped or if you don't have a team to move her into position.

Top Bottom