• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sushen

Fury deals damage, so you only need to take damage twice if you don't want to tussle, then you're in desperation mode against the melees. It's not like swordbreaker will ignore damage against swords either.
Yeah, I know I'm not being reasonable... BTW, to me, fury vs steady blow 2 is not an easy choice while I like the extra bulk steady blow 2 provides.

lt519

Spent all morning unexpectedly working from home so decided to use some of the extra OT to buy the $40 orb pack to (hopefully) cheer me up. I really wanted some of these Brave units. Against my own advice and judgement it ended up working out wonderfully and landed 3 5*s plus a neutral 4* Effie.

Got:
BRoy (+HP/-RES)
Sonya (+ATK/-DEF)
Jakob (+HP/-SPD)

Jakob is kind of garbage so he'll be fodder for Renewal 3 since I already have Jaffar and Kagero. Pleasantly surprised by Sonya, I'll make great use of her in Arena Assault and chain challenges, will fit well next to Nino, S!Elise, and Julia as an additional hard Rein counter.

On top of last nights luck of a Hector and Tiki(y) that's five 5*s in 100 orbs.

But now I can build (already have, just have to finish SI) B!Roy, B!Lyn, Blarblade+ 5* Cecilia, and Mathilda/Peri for a 2nd horse team. Not sure which to go with for Mathilda or Peri, I like Mathilda's Res but Peri has great speed. I do have 4* Abel I might consider.

I can also now do an Amelia, Effie, Hector, Zeph armor team (although it'll have weak SI compared to the whale teams where everyone has wary fighter and distant counter) and a Tiki(y), Ninian, Nowi, Fae dragon team (for shits and giggles, I'm guessing its a bad team).

Lots to do, so I'm excited for the next Tempest Trials to start gathering SI for all my new toys.

Yes! As it stands now, Lyn is finished! Lucina will be avenged >:)

I'm not so sure. Right now Lyn's hourly gain against Camilla has slowed down significantly and the multiplier keeps getting pushed back. It's not expected to happen until 9 PM EDT. If Team Lyn shows some discipline and slows down enough it's possible Camilla will not get a multiplier.

Edit: On the other hand, the slowdown is also a function of the time of day. Looking at past results, the scoring tends to slow down at this time of day anyway, which makes sense. At 4 PM EDT it's starting to get late in Europe and it's the crack of dawn in Japan. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Japan wakes up and starts playing and whether Lyn's slowdown holds enough for her to deny Camilla the multiplier.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I've stopped spending my 700 flags. If Camilla does get that bonus, I hope it's not enough to overcome Lyn's lead. But it is starting to get late in Europe.

Firemind

Yeah, I know I'm not being reasonable... BTW, to me, fury vs steady blow 2 is not an easy choice while I like the extra bulk steady blow 2 provides.
Steady Blow is better during the player phase, but sometimes you want to lure greens or shield your mages/Lyn. With such mobility it's probably not too difficult to take out Reinhardt first, so that's one blue unit out that can take out Roy in one round.

Vena

Roy wants Fury, and then give him Wings of Freedom or Escape, let's him more around terrain penalties for cavaliers.

He can also run Swordbreaker for better red match-ups, but Fury allows him to tank/trade with Ryoma safely.

Vena

Wings of Mercy competes with Desperation and Escape Route competes with horse buff though.

If you want to go to higher arena tiers, you won't even be able to run full horse emblem due to the massive penalty across the board to the BST. Giving Roy WoM or ER let's him function on any team, and WoM and ER just allow for unexpected shenanigans and saves.

Also I don't even know why you'd really be looking to run Desperation on him, I don't like that part of his base kit to be frank. I'd sooner use the threat of instant Galeforce to trade with a melee unit to ensure the trigger and then splash onto a defenseless mage. His B is definitely not something I'd want to lock up to Desperation. Hell, I don't even like Desperation on Nino who is a far better user of it.

You could even run Renewal on Roy. He's not *that* frail because of his high speed so, unlike Bad Ike, he's not getting doubled into oblivion. With Fury, Roy has respectable defenses across the board, so he can even tank hits and Renewal will allow him to recycle and also remain a permanent check on armors he can out run for days while he heals.

NSESN

If you want to go to higher arena tiers, you won't even be able to run full horse emblem due to the massive penalty across the board to the BST. Giving Roy WoM or ER let's him function on any team, and WoM and ER just allow for unexpected shenanigans and saves.

Also I don't even know why you'd really be looking to run Desperation on him, I don't like that part of his base kit to be frank. I'd sooner use the threat of instant Galeforce to trade with a melee unit to ensure the trigger and then splash onto a defenseless mage. His B is definitely not something I'd want to lock up to Desperation. Hell, I don't even like Desperation on Nino who is a far better user of it.

You could even run Renewal on Roy. He's not *that* frail because of his high speed so, unlike Bad Ike, he's not getting doubled into oblivion. With Fury, Roy has respectable defenses across the board, so he can even tank hits and Renewal will allow him to recycle and also remain a permanent check on armors he can out run for days while he heals.
You really hate Brave Ike.

Posted 4828 in Arena. My highest score so far. Also have 4 defenses. I'm glad IS fixed that bug with matching defense teams. They need to give more than 900 feathers though.

Firemind

If you're not going to use Roy in pony emblem, then yeah Desperation is bad. I'm a fan of the free kills in pony emblem though.

Sushen

Posted 4828 in Arena. My highest score so far. Also have 4 defenses. I'm glad IS fixed that bug with matching defense teams. They need to give more than 900 feathers though.
No defense two weeks in a row. I'm almost giving up on this by now.

There are enough Reinhardt out there with moonbow + quicken pulse, I gave triangle adept to my SCamilla specifically bait and kill that version of Reinhardt.

Firemind

IVKHqFd.png

Holy crap I just got a +atk/-def Roy :eek:

Eagerly awaiting the schadenfreude from the people who called me out for being wrong in expecting Lucina to beat Lyn.
I hope I didn't just jinx it

If Lyn loses I'm switching to Ike.

The reddit score tracker (not sure how accurate it is?) Predicts Ike losing too by a small amount to hector at the moment.

So I inadvertently rolled a -Atk Brave Lyn. I assume I should claim my free Lyn and merge into the neutral?

I'm tempted to grab Brave Like though...

NSESN

Team Ike is going to win, last hour we went from losing by 190k to losing by 20k. Next hour the tracker should be in our favor.

bigzgod

Ike better get a multiplier because he gonna lose too lol.

Ike probably won't lose. There's just too much time left. The predictor is being too conservative with Ike's hourly score. The past two hours, Ike's actual score has been higher than the predicted score.

Considering the spreadsheet predicts only a 20 million margin, even with conservative Ike scores, there is a very high chance that Ike will win out.

If this were an hour or two hours later, then yes, it'd be insanely close and I'd give the edge to Hector. As it is, it probably is too much time for Hector to last.

Rolled a neutral Brave Ike. On one hand, better than a bad spread. On the other, its just like picking him, without having to pick him.

In other news, with the Nephanee leak and rumors of a POR banner, I'm wondering if we'll get Elincia finally. There is a chance she could be our first legendary weapon red flyer if so. It also means I should save up more orbs starting from now for the next banner. In general, I'm wondering if its just smarter to always roll at the end of a banner, rather than the start. Gives you a chance to compare with the next banner, since they always announce the new characters a day or so before hand.

NSESN

Rolled a neutral Brave Ike. On one hand, better than a bad spread. On the other, its just like picking him, without having to pick him.

In other news, with the Nephanee leak and rumors of a POR banner, I'm wondering if we'll get Elincia finally. There is a chance she could be our first legendary weapon red flyer if so. It also means I should save up more orbs starting from now for the next banner. In general, I'm wondering if its just smarter to always roll at the end of a banner, rather than the start. Gives you a chance to compare with the next banner, since they always announce the new characters a day or so before hand.

A legendary brave weapon would be too broken, IS would never do that.

Wait....

In general, I'm wondering if its just smarter to always roll at the end of a banner, rather than the start. Gives you a chance to compare with the next banner, since they always announce the new characters a day or so before hand.
It's smarter, but the temptation to pull is hard.

Also it could potentially backfire, if you can't choose between the two banners.

spiritfox

Eagerly awaiting the schadenfreude from the people who called me out for being wrong in expecting Lucina to beat Lyn.

The reddit score tracker (not sure how accurate it is?) Predicts Ike losing too by a small amount to hector at the moment.

Sorry for being so popular that the only way we could get beat is via a ill conceived mechanic.

Not sorry. We all know who's more popular.

So you uninstalled the game but are coming back anyways to laugh at people's misfortune? Pretty damn petty if I say so myself.

kewlmyc

Has everyone got their units they wanted?

Until she's dethroned by Witch Tharja riding on a Wyvern.

stats that are just -2 attack from bride cordelia, more res than her, completely unique weapon and b skill, on a horse and not to mention freely available to anyone

She and Bridelia are pretty overwhelming, yes. Bride Lyn has movement range than Bridelia doesn't have, and can horse buff.

Few will use her weapon, it will Firesweep and Brave Bow.

She's up there.

I think Tahna is the best unit in the game myself.

Tahna needs some si to be really good, while Brave Lyn really don't need much.

Damn, son. So I assume Brave Bow is a good investment for her (don't have access to another firesweeper)?

Eidjinn

Your C skills don't have a lot of synergy. For example, you have two cavalry units so you might want to use cavalry buffs for them, but because they are both heavily offense-oriented units, you don't have the option to put Hone Cavalry on one and something else on the other (for example, a Hone Cav Xander paired with a Goad/Fortify Cav Rein). Because both Bow Lyn and Rein are player phase-oriented units who rely on killing everyone first and preferably ending their turn in a position where no one can hit them back, you want them BOTH to have offensive buffs to maximize their chances of taking people down during player phase. So in this case, you might want to actually put Hone Cavalry on BOTH of them so that they can buff each other offensively.

Give Lyn Draw Back or Reposition as an assist. This lets you do the shoot > dance > back up and pull dancer back with you combo that lets you take out units without leaving anyone in range to attack you during the next turn. You can do the same with Rein or any ranged character.

Olivia's default Knock Back B skill isn't that useful. You might want to put Wings of Mercy or a breaker skill on her instead. Second, note that Hone Atk 3 won't help Lyn and Rein in this team if they use cavalry buffs, because Hone Cavalry's +6/+6 will override Hone Atk's buff. Whatever you put on Olivia's C skill, it will really only help Hector, so give her whatever you think will help Hector the most.

With Ruby Sword, Olivia is your only real anti-green unit, so she'll likely be responsible for taking out enemy Hectors, and maybe baiting the occasional green mage. But in this team, she will likely be spending most of her time dancing your two horse units around to help them kill everything, or helping Hector get into position. While Olivia can probably kill green mages herself, you could also just use Lyn for them to take advantage of most mages' lack of defense.

Hector's your tank, and is likely your Rein/bow counter. Spur Atk isn't great for him because armored units generally don't have the mobility to position themselves properly to use Spur skills. If your two horses are using cavalry buffs, you might want to consider giving him something that helps him with his tank role and doesn't require positioning him around other units, like Threaten Def or Threaten Atk.

Reinhardt is a pure glass cannon, you have basically the best roll you could possibly get on him. If you want to build a team to clear Story content, start by building around him. For Arena he does great but he'll only get you to the top tier, won't keep you there due to horses having lower scores. But you have Lyn and Rein, if you happen to have Camus and Xander from the GHBs you can beat all the content in the game with those 4.

Gamepress and gamepedia have good build guides just google FE Heroes <insert character name> and there are suggested optimal builds that'll be the top results.

For Reinhardt you'll want to upgrade New Moon to Moonbow, go with an offensive A skill like Death Blow (since he attacks twice Death Blow 3 adds 12 damage). I'd also give him Lancebreaker from Arthur (1 or 2 is fine) and then if you are using Lyn upgrade her Spur Attack to Hone Cavalry. Get Rein's Goad Cavalry upgraded and that'll give +4Atk/Spd to Lyn in battle. I personally gave Lyn a Brave Bow+ and she is wiping the floor with it, but that'll probably cost you 20k feathers and a Gordin (careful with Klein he has Death Blow which is super valuable). If you add two more horses you'll want 2 Goad Cavalry (Camus and Rein have them), 1 Hone Cavalry (inherit from Gunter), 1 Foritify Cavalry (inherit from Jagen).

Your Hector and Lyn are built well. Again, I'd put Hone Cavalry on Lyn to give Reinhardt +6 ATK (and since he attacks twice this really 12 more damage, on top of the 12 from death blow 3, and if you have someone with spur attack it'll give him 2x2 more. Position your units properly and you can have 28 more damage on the attack phase! It adds up quick and makes a huge difference. If you are fighting a lance wielder and have lancebreaker he'll attack 4 times! The only lance unit in the game that can survive that is Effie at full health).

If you have Fury 2 or 3 I'd give that to Olivia to give her overall stats a boost. Typically she should only be fighting greens unless you give her Swordbreaker as a B skill to try and double up other Red Lords, even then she'll come out wounded. She's my defacto Hector killer in Arena but in Tempest and Chain Challenges she hangs back and plays support.

I'd say your team has all the angles covered, you should be able to cover most the content with that team. If you are struggling in the multiple battle modes you could consider giving Hector Renewal 3 and Ardent Sacrifice to act as a pseudo healer (or switch Olivia out for Marth who gets +10 HP every three rounds and can act as a psuedo healer with Ardent Sacrifice).

If you are struggling in battling I think you need to examine your stategies; use Lyn and Rein to attack and Olivia to dance them back our of danger (or use Reposition on Lyn/Rein to pull the other back) and positioning with your C skills is important. You have a lot of Spur skills which only activate if your attacking unit is adjacent to the unit with the spur ability. The majority of this game is all about positioning your units to maximize buffs and stay out of danger.

The only knock I have on your team is Hector doesn't really fit well. You have two units that move 3 spaces and a unit that can dance them even further, you're likely leaving Hector behind a lot. If you continue to use that team be patient and let the enemy come to you, pick them off and dance away. Try Camilla out, she's got high defensive stats but better mobility than Hector. She can bait and then get out of there as Rein and Lyn clean up. Hector might just get in the way if you try and bait with him.

Roman will help you out more on the Discord server in the first post in this topic. If you aren't into Discord (I'm not) post screen shots of all your heroes and we can help you come up with a couple different teams. You may not realize it but Titania and Frederick would complement Rein and Lyn well, they aren't S tier units, but you don't need a team of four S tier units. Sometimes you need a couple units that fill a very specific role, like Titania is excellent as soaking up attacks from blue mages without taking any damage. Put her in range of a Reinhardt or Delthea let them come in, then pick them off with Lyn/Rein.

Probably not, Lyn and Rein are going to wipe everything out already, you don't need a third maxed out glass cannon. Cecilia 4*+ with a Blarblade would be fine, not worth the 40k feathers to 5* her and get her a Blarblade+. I'd suggest a Titania since Lyn, Roy and Rein are all weak to mages and if you find yourself in a corner she's really nice to soak up a hit from a blue or green. Most would probably disagree with me though...

I'll be hunting for some of those improvements, specially for Reinhardt!
The logic behind using Olive plus Hector in the team is that: Hector is slow but strong as hell, so everything that survives Takumi/ Brave Lyn and Reinhardt would be taken care by Hector. Olive is the one providing dance for everybody.
But, I'm starting to agree with the fact that Hector might not be the best choice. Problem is... I don't have many worth cavalry. Titania and Delthea, but I have Cecilia (+atk, -hp)...I also have Gwendolyn, Cain, Eliwood, Stahl, Sully, two other Reinhardt (but with the wrong IV), jagen and Gunter. I suppose my best bet would be Cecilia?

Thanks for the awesome, awesome tips!

I know it won't work well in Arena...

But I just want to go in with brave lyn, julia, bride cordelia and Ninian or Olivia.

Just glass cannon the whole thing cause why not lol

lt519

I'll be hunting for some of those improvements, specially for Reinhardt!
The logic behind using Olive plus Hector in the team is that: Hector is slow but strong as hell, so everything that survives Takumi/ Brave Lyn and Reinhardt would be taken care by Hector. Olive is the one providing dance for everybody.
But, I'm starting to agree with the fact that Hector might not be the best choice. Problem is... I don't have many worth cavalry. Titania and Delthea, but I have Cecilia (+atk, -hp)...I also have Gwendolyn, Cain, Eliwood, Stahl, Sully, two other Reinhardt (but with the wrong IV), jagen and Gunter. I suppose my best bet would be Cecilia?

Thanks for the awesome, awesome tips!

No problem! You've got good units, you can certainly make it work as is. One of the best tricks in the game is to give Rein/Lyn either Draw Back or Reposition. Charge ahead and blow away a unit, have Olivia go dance them, and then with Rein/Lyn's extra turn they pull Olivia back. Most maps, except some of the very few new ones, you can attack and pull back and clear a whole map without ending a turn within enemy range.

My plan was pull either Brave Lyn or Brave Lucina from the banner, and choose the one I didn't get as a free summon. Didn't summon either after 176 Orbs, but I did get a +DEF/-SPD Brave Ike and few other 5* Heroes.

I choose Lucina as my free summon, and I'm done with Brave Heroes. I can make do without Brave Lyn, but Arena Assault will become very difficult in the upcoming seasons. I secured my perfect streak before she became available, so I didn't have to actually deal with her.

NSESN

Well. At least I hope IS changes how the gauntlet works after the most popular female loses because of a shitty mechanic.

Top Bottom