• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Effie is good enough with Brave Lance if you're short on resources. But you might be better off keeping Silver Lance+ if she doesn't have a special equipped or if you don't have a team to move her into position.
Yeah, it's just trying to clear up some team space (and also easier if there are some goals to aim toward).

I don't really have any teams yet, just putting my highest level characters together. Looking at one of the guides on the gamepress site, I guess the only team synergy that matters is for Arena?

Spoit

I'm secretly pulling at blues hoping to get at least another *4 Reinhardt.

Never tell me the odds.

I have 3! I'm debating whether to merge just the one +atk one up and merge my existing 5* one into him, or merge the 4*s ones together, and inherit dire thunder from this spare 5* olwen that ruined my pity rate (twice!)

spiritfox

Yeah, it's just trying to clear up some team space (and also easier if there are some goals to aim toward).

I don't really have any teams yet, just putting my highest level characters together. Looking at one of the guides on the gamepress site, I guess the only team synergy that matters is for Arena?

You'll need pretty good teams for higher levels of Chain Challenges, Squad Assaults, and Infernal GHBs. You don't have to have set teams, but just be able to group up units that work well together. In Effie's case, if you're using a Brave Lance build she needs someone to help her move towards an enemy, like a dancer or someone with Reposition, since she has pretty poor movement.

Only had 9 orbs, 2 blues on the pull so went blue to use up the orbs and a Brave Lucina pops up. +spd/-hp

Booooo this man! Congrats on that pull. I got +def/-spd this morning. At least she will have 38 def after Fury and the defense seal. I will make lemonade out of this lemon. Helps that I like using Lukas and Brave Lucina gets the benefit of just being a buffing monster on top of that and having like 14 more speed than him.

Question is do I go QR, breaker skill, or vantage for her B skill. I like the first two but feel like with Fury she is going to dive down in HP fast, so vantage seems better.

NSESN

Booooo this man! Congrats on that pull. I got +def/-spd this morning. At least she will have 38 def after Fury and the defense seal. I will make lemonade out of this lemon. Helps that I like using Lukas and Brave Lucina gets the benefit of just being a buffing monster on top of that and having like 14 more speed than him.

Question is do I go QR, breaker skill, or vantage for her B skill. I like the first two but feel like with Fury she is going to dive down in HP fast, so vantage seems better.

She has 33 speed I don't think breaker is necessary. Vantage seems good, specially if she has bonfire charged.

PK Gaming

lol brave lyn is comically bad when foe is on defense tile. can't even quad ko fully buffed

This is such a non-comment.

"The best character in the game is comically bad because she struggles to kill units on tiles that grant a significant defense boost."

No shit? Also innacurate.

Alucrid

Banned
This is such a non-comment.

"The best character in the game is comically bad because she struggles to kill units on tiles that grant a significant defense boost."

No shit? Also innacurate.

yeah the only units i can see surviving are high def with dc. and wouldn't bride cordelia have the same issue only having 2 more attack than lyn (which is nullified with horse buffs anyways)

She has 33 speed I don't think breaker is necessary. Vantage seems good, specially if she has bonfire charged.

Yea that's the way I am leaning. She would actually have 36 speed because of fury and will be running alongside Ryoma who has Hone speed. 38 defense with Bonfire charged and in vantage range seems real good.

More over I am intrigued to see what happens when I get Hector to 38 speed.

NSESN

yeah the only units i can see surviving are high def with dc. and wouldn't bride cordelia have the same issue only having 2 more attack than lyn (which is nullified with horse buffs anyways)

She has. From my experience she is very easy to beat if the map have defense tiles.

I would really like if every map had at least one defense tile so this ORKO meta could end, or at least be less oppressive.

Archers are great mage killers who happen to also be good at killing physical units as well. Innes and Brave Lyn's high res help make them even better mage killers.

Also I really appreciate Lyn's Attack Smoke skill. Allows her to take a Mage hit even more easily on enemy phase.

Sushen

Would it work to equip fury on BRoy in the arena? I don't feel easy about his his mere 37 health, but he could be much better with fury, I think.
Unlike mages, he'll get hit since his a melee unit.

Would it work to equip fury on BRoy in the arena? I don't feel easy about his his mere 37 health, but he could be much better with fury, I think.
Unlike mages, he'll get hit since his a melee unit.

If you have speed boon and/or speed buffs that could work really well as he can just go after units in desperation range, proc galeforce, and make another attack or high tail it out of there. Would work great with a dancer that has wings of mercy especially.

Alucrid

Banned
If you have speed boon and/or speed buffs that could work really well as he can just go after units in desperation range, proc galeforce, and make another attack or high tail it out of there. Would work great with a dancer that has wings of mercy especially.

i like luna more than galeforce in arena since it procs every time on the second hit if roy doubles and takes a hit

Sushen

i like luna more than galeforce in arena since it procs every time on the second hit if roy doubles and takes a hit
Would it be even better with moonbow, then, Since it activates all the time? Mine is not spd+, so galeforce maybe a novelty skill, although it's fun to use.

Alucrid

Banned
Would it be even better with moonbow, then, Since it activates all the time? Mine is not spd+, so galeforce maybe a novelty skill, although it's fun to use.

moonbow kinda gets wasted since at the start of combat you get +1 charge for your attacking being higher, 1 for hitting the first time, 1 for getting hit (luna is now up), then 1 hit with luna active. it just means you're giving up 20% reduction on roy's first encounter. it might work out better on subsequent attacks if you're using desperation though. i have a neutral roy and 40 speed is pretty good with buffs. sword breaker makes it so that you can still double fast reds.

Busaiku

Who are the common units that have more than 46 HP, besides armor units? Doesn't have to be naturally, if they are more likely to use HP +3 or Squad Ace A.

Not sure if Panic Ploy is good on Ike or not.

Ninferno

Who are the common units that have more than 46 HP, besides armor units? Doesn't have to be naturally, if they are more likely to use HP +3 or Squad Ace A.

Seliph has 47 at neutral 5*, and he has innate Hp+5.

If by "common" you mean units commonly considered as good, then Cherche has 46, Nowi has 45.

NSESN

What Ike? If Brave, I would say yes, because it would let you run something that isn't beorc blessing on his B.

Vena

Wait, so Brave Lyn is now considered the best unit in the game?

She and Bridelia are pretty overwhelming, yes. Bride Lyn has movement range than Bridelia doesn't have, and can horse buff.

stats that are just -2 attack from bride cordelia, more res than her, completely unique weapon and b skill, on a horse and not to mention freely available to anyone

Few will use her weapon, it will Firesweep and Brave Bow.

Firemind

I think Roy is a gamechanger too. You just need to either double attack and receive a hit or equip quickening pulse and you can move and attack again, likely activating Desperation when taking a hit too. It's like using the queen piece in chess.

Vena

I think Roy is a gamechanger too. You just need to either double attack and receive a hit or equip quickening pulse and you can move and attack again, likely activating Desperation when taking a hit too. It's like using the queen piece in chess.

Roy is just a good red sword user on a horse. Cordelia and Tana have been able to do the same thing with Brave Lance, and Cherche with Heavy Blade and Brave Axe on her gigantic attack.

Sushen

That's what I'm hoping for and I'm still nervous about his hp.

I have considered dragon emblem, but after my Julia and BLucina duo slaughtered the team in AA by themselves, it's a definite no go.

Busaiku

Why do you think Camilla would win over Ike.
Path of Radiance Ike alone got more votes during Choose Your Legends.

The only ones that can beat Ike are Lyn or Lucina.
Or Ike people pushing Hector in a multiplier in the last hour.

NSESN

Why do you think Camilla would win over Ike.
Path of Radiance Ike alone got more votes during Choose Your Legends.

The only ones that can beat Ike are Lyn or Lucina.
Or Ike people pushing Hector in a multiplier in the last hour.

Camilla could get a late multiplier like she will do against Lyn.

I prefer to have less chances to win against Lyn than more chances against Camilla anyway.

Apenheul

I've never had so much luck as with this banner. With just 60 orbs or so I got +Atk -HP Brave Lucina and +Spd -Atk Brave Lyn, both usable. So now I'll just choose Brave Ike for my free summon and I'm going to save up some orbs for another banner.

Sushen

Why tho? Neutral Roy +6 from Hone and +3 from Fury reaches 43 spd. 44 spd with Steady Blow. Ryoma with spd boon has 38 speed. 41 with Fury tho.
For desperation to kick in, I need to take damaged, first. Probably, I'm overly sensitive about his low HP. I don't feel comfortable to put fury on him for the same reason. I need to run some numbers, maybe.

Firemind

For desperation to kick in, I need to take damaged, first. Probably, I'm overly sensitive about his low HP. I don't feel comfortable to put fury on him for the same reason. I need to run some numbers, maybe.
Fury deals damage, so you only need to take damage twice if you don't want to tussle, then you're in desperation mode against the melees. It's not like swordbreaker will ignore damage against swords either.

Top Bottom