• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, Lyn is getting robbed. RIP.

Maybe this will be the first Gauntlet a guy wins. Surely Ike will be Camilla, right?

Kenai

Camilla making it to the finals is giving me a serious case of the giggles.

Team Lyn and Lucina will go to Team Ike and drown her in salt coated flags

Maxinas

I'd say yes but this fanbase has garbage tastes so who the hell knows.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

While I know what it's like to get blindsided by a last-second multiplier (See: Elise v. Sakura), I can't say I know what it's like to actually get screwed over by it.

My condolences, Team Lyn. :(

OMG Lyn is dead. I can't... Why? The fanbase prefers big boob onee-san instead of a good character with development.

Team Lyn join us on team Ike next round and let's finnish these unworthy bastards.

Draxal

Bamboo 竹;247831607 said:
OMG Lyn is dead. I can't... Why? The fanbase prefers big boob onee-san instead of a good character with development.

Team Lyn join us on team Ike next round and let's finnish these unworthy bastards.

I think this gauntlet proves that FE7 fans don't know how to math.

TEAM IKEBIKE.

Sterok

The multiplier was added because Camilla broke the flying gauntlet. Now she's using it to beat down Lyn. That is what you call poetry.

To be completely honest, a monthly popularity contest (with in-game rewards) just isn't a good idea for this particular fanbase, unless it's between not-very-popular units only. Yes, it could be structured better, but I'm starting to think it's flawed in concept much more than execution. I get why it's here, as a fun, leisurely counter to the grindfest of Tempest Trials and well...everything else, but it might be time to scrap it for something that serves the same purpose in a different way. What that could possibly be, I don't know.

Team Camilla btw.

lt519

Team Lyn is going to spite join Team Ike and Team Ike is going to beat Camilla so bad she gets a multiplier every other hour. Final is a 50/50 toss up (;

ggx2ac

I picked Ike from the beginning because I couldn't predict who would win from the women's side, looks like I made the safe choice.

Shinypogs

+def - res brave ike. Why is my entire set of 5 star chars except linde all - res or garbage at tanking magic to begin with? Ahh well can't fight destiny and I've got one with 150 orbs to spare for the inevitable Halloween and or Christmas banners.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to do Arena Assault with a really low BST team for the hell of it (three Level 1 2* Units [Virion, Donnel, and Narcian], and a Level 1 4* Chrom), and I got matched against the same person all 7 matches in beginner.

Some guy called Ryrytheking, who has a 2* level 1 Olivia, a 1* level 1 Felicia, and a 1 * level 1 Wrys.

Felt kinda bad, so I gave him a free defense win in the normal Arena.

CronoShot

"Let's make a popularity contest where if you're too popular, you lose."

I mean, I'm not gonna lose sleep over a voting gauntlet, but.....why?

Sushen

Entertaining for all the wrong reasons. At least Chrom/Ephraim was fun.
It was fun to me especially it's a payback from Lucina's lose to Lyn. Camilla now has a legit chance. I put down extra 150 flags to stay in top 1,000 which turned out not necessary.

Draxal

"Let's make a popularity contest where if you're too popular, you lose."

I mean, I'm not gonna lose sleep over a voting gauntlet, but.....why?

To be honest there was no salvaging in it's original format.

At least with this change you have a potential of collusion making things interesting.

The way I would actually fix this is by allowing players to bet on the finalists, with the current system. So you get the real collusion to occur.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I am unreasonably upset that Lyn lost. I know it has no bearing on anything and I don't even really mind Camilla as a character, but Lyn deserved to win gosh darn it!

Ninferno

As someone who treats VG as a pure feather lottery, I guess I should be happy for my 500 luck prize. However, I suppose a meltdown hundreds of times in magnitude compared to the last Gaius upset will follow, and that might force IS to tweak the multiplier mechanism to address backlash from fans of more popular characters?

I don't know what they will do because that depends on what their goal is. If their goal is to make VG battles seemingly "close" but not actually overturning the popular vote, they can certainly scale back the multiplier from the current 3.2 ~ 7.5 range (with 0.1 increment) to something like a 1.35 ~ 3.5 range (with 0.05 increment, just an example though, not mathematically derived), but lower the disadvantage threshold from 0.9 to 0.95 so it happens more frequently. That way, you still make battles constantly "close" on surface, but the rubber band effect isn't as great to swing the lead; and even if it does, the stronger team has better chance (or in other words, needs shorter time) to come back in time.

Tbh, I feel for Team Lyn for such frustrating upset, for Lyn is the victim of the clearly flawed multiplier mechanism; Lyn's victory over Camilla is indeed robbed. However, if Team Lyn claimed they are robbed of a VG victory over Ike based on Lyn's stronger showing in the 2nd round, I will beg to defer. Lyn would have lost if she faced Ike in the 1st round (however little sense that makes for IS), according to their respective performance in the 1st round. Lyn overtook Ike in the 2nd round simply because she absorb more Lucina voters. Lyn might have been a victim of the multiplier, but she would have been a beneficiary of confluence if she did make to the final and beat Ike. Bracket arrangement does matter, splitting/confluence does have the ability to affect results, as shown evidently in the contrast between 1st and 2nd rounds.

PBalfredo

What exactly are the multipliers and what determines them? I've never caught one in action, just heard people talking about them.

The final outcome of Lyn V Camilla in a nutshell.

Between Lyn getting robbed and dealing with some asshole Cowmilla fanboys thinking their hot shit because they won solely due to multiplier fuckery, I'm done giving any kind of fucks about the voting gauntlet. I'm burning my flags with Ike as soon as possible and washing my hands of this shit.

Draxal

My fix to the voting gauntlet would to be add betting cards to determine the finalists before the first round with the higher orbs payouts going to the least chosen options.

My fix to the voting gauntlet would to be add betting cards to determine the finalists before the first round with the higher orbs payouts going to the options choose the least.

my fix is giving everyone 12k free feathers instead

bam I found the solution that satisfies everyone

Wow, I really didn't expect to win. I choose Camilla in Round 2, because I had a spare copy at level 1.

Lyn is the only Hero I don't own out of all eight contestants, so I had zero plans to choose her. I fully expected to switch over to Ike, but I can just use my level 1 Camilla for more easy wins.

I got 2100 points from Team Roy, 2600 from Team Camilla, and I'm the 3000s overall. This has been a surprisingly lucrative gauntlet.

Eh, I only had Tharja and Camilla out of this bunch so just went with them. Despite Camilla Army victory this time I still made more off Tharja by being around for more multipliers/higher rank (2500 v 1700+500).

PK Gaming

Yeah i'm not going to lie, i'm glad Camilla won. The extreme vitriol Lyn fans over the course of the match is seriously offputting. I don't think I could handle the blatant hypocrisy either.

Next gauntlet:
Alfonse vs. Tobin vs. Odin vs. Henry vs. Oboro vs. Rebecca vs. Gwendolyn vs. Serra.

No more obvious picks, no more upset potential. I'm a genius.

Top Bottom