• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ninferno

I can't believe memes are defeating gameplay reasons. lol

Seriously though, you can never have enough Pallas; it would have been great if they give you a choice just like the CYL freebie. Instead, we are now stuck with meme votes. Yeah, yeah, lancebreaker, but still.

I can't believe memes are defeating gameplay reasons. lol

Seriously though, you can never have enough Pallas; it would have been great if they give you a choice just like the CYL freebie. Instead, we are now stuck with meme votes. Yeah, yeah, lancebreaker, but still.

???

Narcian is totally gameplay reasons he's by far the hardest to get

ggx2ac

I should have taken screenshots of this other all level 50 5* cavalry I fought in Arena Assault just now.

Brave Roy, Brave Lyn, Olwen, Titania.

Brave Lyn had Cancel Affinity, Brave Bow and Death Blow.

I can't remember what Roy or Olwen had.

Titania had Slaying Axe, Distant Counter, Green Tomebreaker.

Forgot the rest, it didn't help that it was the forest map with defensive tiles because it actually helped the enemy more than me.

Black Knight as a Tempest reward has me intrigued and somewhat concerned. Are they really going to give away a distant counter unit? I mean they did just give us the choice of 4 OP characters but this seems different.

Golnei

Did the BK always have such a pronounced hourglass figure? I guess his armour always did look something like a corseted Victorian dress.

Black Knight as a Tempest reward has me intrigued and somewhat concerned. Are they really going to give away a distant counter unit? I mean they did just give us the choice of 4 OP characters but this seems different.

Even if he's in the Masked Lucina mould with no skills, a DC sword is a considerable upgrade from a Falchion. Still, Camus and especially Xander were free (if not exactly frequently re-run), so free units that should be analogous to him aren't unprecedented.

ggx2ac

Just finished an Arena Assault getting 4834 points the hard way.

I started out with my strongest team so I could have advanced fights at 716-724 points per battle which is nuts when I don't have seven level 50 teams since all the opponents are level 50 on average.

First off, I managed to win all seven matches. I only screwed up in two matches because one match I lost one unit and another where I lost two units because I had to fight Hector:

DJGYCX3XkAAPVcP.jpg

In my final match, I had a tough combination to fight because I barely had enough units to properly counter level 50 units.

I was fighting Nino, Brave Ike, Summer Corrin and Brave Lyn.

It was so difficult to counter that I picked Minerva, Tharja, Olivia and Ninian. (I really need Azura for more dancers.)

It's the mountain map with defensive tiles in the middle. After positioning my units, I waited for the enemy to close in. Brave Lyn was the closest so I took her out with Minerva in one hit which is important because she wasn't fast enough.

I had to think for a while with what to do next because Summer Corrin and Nino were in range to attack me.

Used Olivia to dance Minerva, Minerva takes out Summer Corrin in one hit with Moonbow which is important because Summer Corrin was fast.

Tharja strikes Nino and Tharja has 2 HP left, Ninian uses dance on Tharja, Tharja takes out Nino.

I've taken out three units in one turn with no items and Brave Ike is luckily only in range of Minerva.

Minerva tanks the hit and Tharja kills Brave Ike in one hit with Vengeance.

That was the hardest fight because it was the one where I was most likely to lose.

Edit:

So what I learned to get around beating level 50 units was that I needed units with Brave weapons or that could attack with Desperation.

There's weapon breakers as well but the difficult part is if an opponent is using one or if your unit might not be able to tank the hit.

So I'm going to look at which units to improve next that have Brave weapons.

Apparently a leak from 4chan predicted the retweet campaign for flier units and the bonus units for the TT-Mini.

It claims that BK is a TT reward, Nephenee is on a banner with Elincia and Oscar, and Arvis is the next GHB unit coming October along with a Genealogy banner (with Sigurd).

Hope it's fake, I'm currently struggling to get 20 orbs for one summoning session and I won't pass to Elincia or Sigurd :(

spiritfox

Boo it's only 1 orb per day not 2.

LOL I finally got a 5* out of my free orb. +def -HP Lucina. Too bad I already trained up Masked Marth.

ggx2ac

I just got trolled hard on my free summon for BHB: Ephraim and Eirika.

Pick red orb, sees silhouette.

"Holy crap, I pulled Eirika!"

Eirika... 4*

"Fuuuuccckkkk!"

E&E Battles done. Horse emblem reigns supreme once again. I parked Lyn with full horse buffs where only the mages could attack her while avoiding the panic ploy from the ninja. She took both out during the enemy phase and it was easy clean up after that.

After the trauma of -Atk Brave Lyn, I just got a +Atk one. Oooooh yeah.

For Infernal BHB, I cheesed it with three dancers. I sniped the Thief and Green Tome Cavalier, then I tanked the Blue Mage on the enemy phase.

Ninferno

Entered infernal E & E, saw that panic ploy ninja. "Fuc..." Changing Hones to Goads and will try again later.
Edit: Actually, Blyn makes the initiation much easier and 2nd try is a breeze. Guess I'm too used to Xander and Camus now that I forgot there's also Blyn. lol

Lancebreaker 3 is much harder to get than Luna or Moonbow or whatever the heck Est is.

Goad Fliers exists though.

Honestly, I don't think the question is ONLY about who is more difficult to get; there's also the question of "How many you need". I have all the copies of Narcian and I have only used one for SI so far.

macklelol

Hah, got 9k feathers delivered to me today. I guess that explains why I had a bunch of weeks of no defense wins a while back.

Also beat the BHB on Infernal, actually had some trouble because I was trying dumb strats. Did a small change with one of my units and the map became easy lol.

Ninferno

E&E Battles done. Horse emblem reigns supreme once again. I parked Lyn with full horse buffs where only the mages could attack her while avoiding the panic ploy from the ninja. She took both out during the enemy phase and it was easy clean up after that.

I totally forgot I had Blyn and yes she makes things a lot easier here.

Cool, done.

Buffed Lyn and put her in the top right corner where she takes out both mages on the counter. Next turn I took out Ephraim with Reinhardt then danced him to take out the sword cavalry as well. Got Lyn out of there. The ninja is too weak to kill anyone so on the final turn I took him and Eirika out taking care to avoid the ninjas Iceberg by hitting him with Azura first.

Pulling for a second B.Lucina and got a 4* Roderick, the last blue 4* I'm missing. Finally I can make a good Cordelia.

Also Tana is the only non-limited blue unit I'm missing now, wew.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Yep, putting Bow Lyn up in the top right to avoid the ninja made the Ephraim and Eirika battle pretty simple. Ally Support came in handy too, gave Lyn enough speed to double hit Eirika for the kill.

MicH

Cleared infernal BHB too. Surprisingly easy with horse emblem, though the ninja can cause some trouble if you're not careful

Duffk1ng

Bit of a big question, but I'm not really sure where to start when it comes to putting a team together now.

Can anyone suggest a few teams to try with these units? As well as some good pairings for the current GHB...

Marth (+Def -HP) Built
Alm (+Res -Spd) Built
Eirika (+HP -Def) Built
Tiki Y (+Res -Atk) Built
Nowi (+HP -Res) Built Lvl40+1
Olwen (+Res -Atk) Built
Reinhardt (+Def -Res) Built
Hector (None) Built
Fae (+Atk -Def) Built
Nino (None) Built
Ephraim (+HP -Def) Built
Kagero (+HP -Def) Built Lvl40+1
Tharja (+Spd -Res) Built!
Celica (+Spd -Atk) Built
Brave Lucina (+Spd -Atk) Default Skills
Brave Lyn (None) Default Skills
Brave Ike (+Atk -Spd) Default Skills
Saber (+Atk -Def) Default Skills
Seliph (+Res -Spd) Default Skills
Lyn (+Res -Def) Default Skills
Chrom (??? ???) Default Skills
Luke (+Def -HP) Default Skills
Caeda (??? ???) Default Skills
Lukas (+HP -Def) Default Skills
Abel (+HP - Def) Default Skills
Roderick (+Def -Res) Default Skills
Ninian (+Atk -Spd) Semi Built
Xander Summer (+HP -Atk)
Camilla (+Spd -Atk) Default Skills
Merric (+HP -Def) Default Skills
Sonya (+Atk -Res) Default Skills

Cerium

Question: Has Reinhardt been on a banner since his original introduction? I'm kind of desperate here. My Horse Emblem would be truly terrifying if I had him.

ggx2ac

I only have one hero left to fight in the quick hero battle to get whatever the wallpaper is.

Nephenee and Black Knight were a couple of those heroes in it that you beat.

This BHB finally got my to stop procrastinating on building my Bride Cordelia. Still one of my least favorite FE characters, but she might as well be useful.

A strong Brave Bow user seems like it's the go to solution for tough fights that you don't have more specific teams for.

ggx2ac

And done. All the special wallpaper was is just all the chibi character versions of the heroes you beat including black Knight and Nepehenee.

I guess we'll get the 10 free orbs sometime this week, also wondering when we're getting the free orbs from the retweet events too.

Cerium

This BHB finally got my to stop procrastinating on building my Bride Cordelia. Still one of my least favorite FE characters, but she might as well be useful.

A strong Brave Bow user seems like it's the go to solution for tough fights that you don't have more specific teams for.

BHB was trivial with my Brave Bow Lyn.

BHB was trivial with my Brave Bow Lyn.
Part of the reason I didn't choose BowLyn was the fact I had an ideal nature Bridelia. (Though mostly because Ike is one of my favs.)

I feel like a lot of strats for the next while will be "just use BowLyn", so Bridelia will be my substitute. (I'll be using my other teams first since I prefer formulating my own strategies, but in case I hit a wall, she'll be able to jump in.)

Shito

Part of the reason I didn't choose BowLyn was the fact I had an ideal nature Bridelia. (Though mostly because Ike is one of my favs.)

I feel like a lot of strats for the next while will be "just use BowLyn", so Bridelia will be my substitute. (I'll be using my other teams first since I prefer formulating my own strategies, but in case I hit a wall, she'll be able to jump in.)
But she probably won't be able to fill-in the same role, as she won't have access to those sweet poney-buffs...

Top Bottom