• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

PK Gaming

7NuzkVL.png

Cut me some slaaaaaaaaaaaack

I wasn't even going for a 5 star, I just wanted some decent 4 star units.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Actually cutting this down a little. Can anyone recommend a few teams and pairings to try?

Marth (+Def -HP)
Alm (+Res -Spd)
Eirika (+HP -Def)
Tiki Y (+Res -Atk)
Nowi (+HP -Res)
Olwen (+Res -Atk)
Reinhardt (+Def -Res)
Hector (None)
Fae (+Atk -Def)
Nino (None)
Ephraim (+HP -Def)
Kagero (+HP -Def)
Tharja (+Spd -Res)
Celica (+Spd -Atk)
Brave Lucina (+Spd -Atk)
Brave Lyn (None)
Brave Ike (+Atk -Spd)
Eirika + Nino is good, or Ephriam + Tharja for a similar effect.

Hector kinda goes with everyone.

The three Brave units + Eirika might be a pretty good team. You have all three colors represented + Bow Lyn.

Mupod

I'm still pulling green for Hector, I wasn't expecting to get a Ninian right away but it's nice being able to focus on him. I don't actually expect to find another one, but a better Cherche or Fae or any random 5* not named Merric or Hawkeye would be great.

I did get my second Fae this morning, -DEF +RES. Existing one is -HP +DEF. I still want to hold out for a +ATK one before I go for the 40k feather investment, but if I gave a 3* ATiki's lightning breath to the +RES 4* Fae, that'd be a pretty solid cheap Rein counter. I should probably have not sent home a bunch of ATikis a few months ago.

Roman

how did you start? DC Camilla bait for the mages? My flier team could probably beat this, I think even my unfinished 4* Cherche could easily kill that ninja.

my lack of brave weapons in general is pushing me to make her my next project. Leveling her was fun.

Yes. Since I run full Goads, the Panic Ploy doesn't even matter.

Mupod

I must have missed an update a while back where they changed arena SP gains, so I'm not sure when it was changed. It used to be 3SP for bonus units and 1SP for off-bonus. Now it's normal SP for non-bonus and double for bonus, right?

I must have missed an update finish a while back where they changed arena SP gains, so I'm not sure when it was changed. It used to be 3SP for bonus units and 1SP for off-bonus. Now it's normal SP for non-bonus and double for bonus, right?

Yup. And double that on weekends. If you've got the crests and some valor skills you can grind some serious xp in arena for bonus heroes

Akuun

Resorted to horses for this BHB. Brave Lyn tanked and killed both mages with a res seal, then Rein and Lyn killed Ephriam. 4* Xander swapped with Lyn to tank Eirika. Then danced Rein to kill the red cav and tank the ninja.

PK Gaming

Is steady breath better than fury? I'm seeing a lot of red Ikes with steady breath lately but my Roy still 2HKOs lol

Steady Breath is the best duelist A-skill in the game. It's really OP, lol.

AA is brutal right now. Bow Lyn and Reinhardts every match. Made worse that these are quite possibly the worst rotation of maps in the game.

It's so goddamn true. Dealing with Reinhardt was a pain, but I took solace in the fact that he had consistent checks/hard counters. Now of all a sudden you need to deal with Lyn, and I refuse to run Raven's on all of my teams.

Sterok

Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura cleared it as usual. Made a misplay on Lunatic when I didn't realize Cecilia didn't double Ephraim, and another on Infernal when I forgot to account for the thief's Panic Ploy, but overall it was pretty easy.

Akuun

I really hate that map with the ladder-patterned breakable walls and defensive tiles lining the entire map. Run into a horse team on that map without a bunch of distant counters available, and you're boned.

Chucker

Got an extra Camilla, should I bother farming out Savage Blow to anybody? Was thinking about putting it on Julia to make her a stupid nuke, but BOL3 heals pretty well if people are near her.

BIke and BRoy are being really elusive with me. After spending 70 orbs sniping reds and greens I got a 5* Julia and 5* Hawkeye, so I feel like having both bad and good luck with these pulls. IS is tempting me to spend some money to get at least BIke, but I hope the Mini TT gives me the enough orbs to pull him.

Mupod

One Lyn

Seven Teams

Remember, AA lets you peek at the map and send in hard counters. Time to get creative. This beats any Brave Lyn except one running CA, but that means she can't run Sacae's Blessing.

I still need a few more good Lyn/Rein counters myself, but they're giving out lots of feathers lately. A few specific units becoming super-common only makes AA easier in the long run. I've been working hard on Lyn and Rein counters for weeks now. I may not be able to pull Julia, but I sure as shit can put TA2 on a Soren.

Weebos

Banned
I've been trying to get one more Brave Hero (Ike or Roy), no luck so far. I pulled a (second) regular Ike and decided to give Heavy Blade to Brave Lucina.

Meanwhile, IS has been tempting me with two Hector banners and an Eirika banner. I have already spent more than I want to on this game, at least spread my desired units out a bit more, damn.

PK Gaming

Remember, AA lets you peek at the map and send in hard counters. Time to get creative. This beats any Brave Lyn except one running CA, but that means she can't run Sacae's Blessing.

I still need a few more good Lyn/Rein counters myself, but they're giving out lots of feathers lately. A few specific units becoming super-common only makes AA easier in the long run. I've been working hard on Lyn and Rein counters for weeks now. I may not be able to pull Julia, but I sure as shit can put TA2 on a Soren.

You could run Bowbreaker + Fury and not have to worry about CA, period.

But yeah, I'm gonna start stocking up on Raven users

Mupod

You could run Bowbreaker + Fury and not have to worry about CA, period.

But yeah, I'm gonna start stocking up on Raven users

Fury's far too in-demand for me to waste on this kind of character, lol. Also TA lets her handle Rein too. Her stats don't look like much but with a buff or two she does great. And as I said, CA is in no way a worry for me in AA - you can just check for it.

Bowbreaker, once I pull more Setsunas, is gonna be how I make some easy Lyn counters. Virion for example. But I ran out of Setsunas since I rarely pull colorless. Interestingly enough, my +SPD Takumi with a speed buff handles a stock Lyn easily even without Bowbreaker.

I'm sitting on my spare Hector for now, I was going to make a DC Titania to be a Reinhardt destroyer, but I've got a feeling that when they finally add Beaststone users there will be at least one who is stupidly overpowered and will love DC.

Akuun

Agreed on the maps blowing ass.

I sometimes soft counter Lyn by putting Nowi on a defensive tile. It works if you don't have a hard counter available.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been running raven tome on S.Camilla a lot more recently. It just adds to her overall flexibility as a unit since I can swap back and forth to Bladetome whenever I need. It helps that she's also not the only flying mage anymore.

Shinypogs

It's been way too long since I tried to play this game properly. Given my current set of 5* and other various units linked below what kind of set up would be my best? ( please note one of the spring Camilla is running gronnraven and TA, the other two I hadn't decided if I wanted to merge into her or feed to others.)

My old setup was fem Corrin + Merric +olivia + rotating 4th although for a long stretch it was Linde. Corrin baited and tanked then sealed res while Merric and linde came in for the kills. Olivia danced for whomever needed dancing and sniped the odd green mage.

Note that I also have 200 orbs to pull with and 85k feathers to use on skill/ merge fodder.

Thanks for anyone who offers to help.

Img album of everyone

Mupod

Agreed on the maps blowing ass.

I sometimes soft counter Lyn by putting Nowi on a defensive tile. It works if you don't have a hard counter available.

Doing my AA run right now. I got a fairly unpleasant team on the god forsaken boat map and wow fliers are amazingly useful there. You get so much more space to move and make the AI split up. I haven't seen the horrible map with breakable walls/defense tiles in the middle yet, hoping it's not waiting to troll me on match 7.

Got up to match 6 on my lunch break, haven't spent horse emblem yet and the team I'm facing seems your standard dancer/nino/eirika stuff. Hector got used on map 2 to take out a merged brave lyn that had Desperation on for some reason (probably the BHB?). The 4* FRobin I made took all of 2 damage from a Lyn when I put her on a defense tile with Fortify Defense. It was glorious.

Been playing for two weeks and have been extremely lucky thus far on rng.

Pulled twice on the Brave Merc summon yesterday and hit a Brave Lucina and Brave Ike. Roy was my free hero summon. Hawkeye's been a pretty useful aoe dd too.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I basically need 20k feathers so I can give Lyn Brave Bow. I'm at like 14k. Feels bad since I need her to beat the Infernal event.

Mupod

Been playing for two weeks and have been extremely lucky thus far on rng.

Pulled twice on the Brave Merc summon yesterday and hit a Brave Lucina and Brave Ike. Roy was my free hero summon. Hawkeye's been a pretty useful aoe dd too.

Not bad, Lyn has been getting all the attention but all the Brave units are good in their own right. I'd advise trying to get Hector while he's still on focus - I wouldn't expect to see him back for a while. He's...a lot better than Hawkeye, lol. Ninian is also worth chasing, all the dancers are good to have.

I basically need 20k feathers so I can give Lyn Brave Bow. I'm at like 14k. Feels bad since I need her to beat the Infernal event.

Tempest trial starts tomorrow. Autobattle your ass off for hero merit and rewards, 6k should be doable pretty quickly.

yuraya

Dance and Reposition is just too strong. Trivialized infernal.

giphy.gif

Don't even need a Dancer. Xander will do. Just have Lyn kill the blue mage and have Xander reposition her to the right and then have Camus reposition her again downwards. Xander insta kills the other mage and ninja can't do anything. Real easy map for the horse team :)

Sushen

Nothing short of greens and raven mages can survive QP +atk triple buffed summoner supported Rein time.
QP moonbow took out my Julia a couple times. Since then I have specialty units to take out that specific variation.

Now the game became coming up with specific counters. I'm working on F Robin to help out M Robin to take care of all those archers in the arena.

Mupod

Panic Ploy has done wonders for my arena stress levels. Rein barely scratches Nowi or Hector when fully debuffed and I have Fortify Res on.

I've watched QP/moonbow variants bring a +6 Res buffed Cecilia to 1 HP before.

QP moonbow took out my Julia a couple times. Since then I have specialty units to take out that specific variation.

Now the game became coming up with specific counters. I'm working on F Robin to help out M Robin to take care of all those archers in the arena.

That's why I said screw everyone that said TA3 was overkill for Julia. Helps reduce almost all damage from blue mages and makes her slightly better on player phase with that woeful 26 speed.

Firemind

Panic Ploy has done wonders for my arena stress levels. Rein barely scratches Nowi or Hector when fully debuffed and I have Fortify Res on.
The problem is that Panic Ploy only works during your phase and Nowi/Hector is so slow that you can't kill him before he teleports across the map on his phase.

lt519

Don't even need a Dancer. Xander will do. Just have Lyn kill the blue mage and have Xander reposition her to the right and then have Camus reposition her again downwards. Xander insta kills the other mage and ninja can't do anything. Real easy map for the horse team :)

Yeah, I mostly just posted that as I thought it'd be beneficial for some people to see how positional moves/strategies work. I know most people on this board do this already, but there's some lurkers and folks coming back to the game that might benefit from it. I find moves like that often critical in the Arena Assault mode when you don't always have the firepower.

Top Bottom