• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Mupod

Finished my AA run with a 4808. Hm, I don't think I'll stay in the top 5000, but I'm getting close. It takes soooo long to do a run though, one a week is enough for me.

The problem is that Panic Ploy only works during your phase and Nowi/Hector is so slow that you can't kill him before he teleports across the map on his phase.

I'm not sure I follow. You know it lasts through their turn, right? It's extremely easy to set it up on turn 1 by adjusting unit placement, then reposition Hector into the debuffed target's range.

Mupod

What? That's not what I've been told. It only works on the player's turn

It activates on your turn. The debuff lasts for your phase and then persists into the enemy phase.

Have you not done infernal GHB/BHB lately, they put that shit on everyone lol.

For Infernal E&E, after a couple tries I used my last Barst in inventory to give Reinhardt Reposition when I got stuck unable to get Brave Roy out of Ephraim's way at the end (a column got in the way of Smite). Neutral Bow Lyn with std kit was fine with reposition/Olivia shenanigans. Injured team mates enabled Olivia with WoM to just warp herself out of danger repeatedly lol.

Ahnez

Infernal done

In the end, the key was not destroying the breakable tile lol bow Lyn, Xander, blade Cecilia and Azura worked pretty well

Mupod

I tried it. I even sacrificed a 5* Valter (rip). It doesn't work lol

Uh...what unit is it on, and what are you trying to do? It activates at the START of your turn, before you move your units. And of course you need to have more HP than the target.

Def- Brave Ike sucks, seems like he will be a unit that i'll use only on squad assault or sometimes on chain challenges. The 3 points on def missing are actually a big deal

Uh...what unit is it on, and what are you trying to do? It activates at the START of your turn, before you move your units. And of course you need to have more HP than the target.

The opposing team needs to have buffs though before you can debuff them. Buffs don't happen until the enemy's turn, so it is impossible to trigger panic ploy on your starting turn as no enemies have received a buff yet.

Edit: Nvm, it seems even if you inflict panic on a non buffed unit, they will get debuffed after they get buffed. Soooooo yea, I should put panic ploy on someone.

I completed the Infernal E&E BHB with Ryoma, Bridal Cordelia, Sonya, and Azura. So no horses.

I used Ryoma to Swap Bridelia so that she could get one space closer than normal. She killed both the Ninja and Green Mage with Azura's Song, and Sonya used Draw Back to get her out of the Red Cavalier's range. No enemies can hit me, and there are four left.

I killed the Cavalier on turn two, and Bridelia tanked a hit from the Blue Mage and countered. After that, I easily beat the mage and the Twins.

It only took me three attempts, which is shockingly low. I didn't even try the other BHB's on Infernal, so this win is awesome for me.

EDIT: I don't think these details are actually exact upon revisiting the map.

I think Bridelia actually tanked a hit on the first turn, because I can't kill all three ranged enemies on one turn. Basically, I win by killing the Ninja and then either one of the Mages. Bridelia can tank a Tome strike.

I also realize that Sonya couldn't have possibly used Draw Back on Bridelia, so it was Azura who got pulled.
I replicated a victory, so my general strategy is very sound.

Am I really about to put raven tomes and bow breaker on Julia and Sanaki because of AA and Lyn? Why yes I am.

They really need to let us edit skills and weapons when prepping for the next match of arena assault.

Sushen

They really need to let us edit skills and weapons when prepping for the next match of arena assault.
That would be my no 1 feature request. Even better if they let us have different skill slots per characters so that I can switch them easily.

Most of my main units have multiple configurations and it's a hassle to switch back and forth. Or I've lost many matches because I forgot to switch back.

Mupod

The opposing team needs to have buffs though before you can debuff them. Buffs don't happen until the enemy's turn, so it is impossible to trigger panic ploy on your starting turn as no enemies have received a buff yet.

Edit: Nvm, it seems even if you inflict panic on a non buffed unit, they will get debuffed after they get buffed. Soooooo yea, I should put panic ploy on someone.

for what it's worth you made me think I was on crazy pills when I went into the 1st stratum to try it out, and it didn't debuff anyone. Then I remembered I had goad armor on Hector because I was doing my armor quest, lol.

Beat all the CC besides the Ch.11 and Ch.12 ones. Ch.10 was a pain in the ass and I almost failed it because of Mist and her Miracle. Haven't planned out the Paralogues 7&8 and 9&10 yet but TT is coming up so that's going to eat all my stamina.

Cerium

Here's my current 2 Horse Emblem. I'll be running them along with a Dancer and a bonus unit until I finally manage to get a Reinhardt with a good nature.

vvh40jm.png
lnPp3F6.png
They kick all kinds of ass. I've officially moved on from my Nino team.

Busaiku

What affects Arena score?
Is it just weapon and attack skill?
Or does A/B/C and support also affect it?

Trying to maximise my score with Leo, Titania, Reinhardt, and Lyn.
I know Brynhildr will boost Leo, but that's too bleh.

Firemind

Here's my current 2 Horse Emblem. I'll be running them along with a Dancer and a bonus unit until I finally manage to get a Reinhardt with a good nature.

They kick all kinds of ass. I've officially moved on from my Nino team.
Welcome to the big leagues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What affects Arena score?
Is it just weapon and attack skill?
Or does A/B/C and support also affect it?

Trying to maximise my score with Leo, Titania, Reinhardt, and Lyn.
I know Brynhildr will boost Leo, but that's too bleh.

Supports don't seem to impact Arena Score. The SP costs of the skills + Weapons + Specials you have equipped impact the score, but it seems to only take the highest 3 or 4 'skills' SP costs into consideration. Base Stats are a big factor, and I believe Range Units receive a minor penalty. I think it takes seals into consideration, so double check all 4 dudes have one.

Cerium

I'm kind of tempted to create a Gronnblade+ Cecilia to serve as my 3rd Horse on a temporary basis but it would take 40k feathers and I'm not sure it's worth it.

On the other hand when I do get Reinhardt I could run a defense team with B!Roy, B!Lyn, Cecilia, and Reinhardt. You are already dead.

Beat all the CC besides the Ch.11 and Ch.12 ones. Ch.10 was a pain in the ass and I almost failed it because of Mist and her Miracle. Haven't planned out the Paralogues 7&8 and 9&10 yet but TT is coming up so that's going to eat all my stamina.

I've completed all Chain Challenges on Lunatic except for Chapter 9&10 and Chapter 11&12.

I haven't even done any Challenges on Normal or Hard. I only have 8 Orbs to collect, but I have tons of Feathers.

For Infernal E&E, after a couple tries I used my last Barst in inventory to give Reinhardt Reposition when I got stuck unable to get Brave Roy out of Ephraim's way at the end (a column got in the way of Smite). Neutral Bow Lyn with std kit was fine with reposition/Olivia shenanigans. Injured team mates enabled Olivia with WoM to just warp herself out of danger repeatedly.

How's this for a "d'oh!" moment after checking screenshots, must have been all that Olivia warping that made me forget I didn't learn or need the Reposition I gave Reinhardt...sorry Barst lol:

Anyway, first notable S between characters, Saber doing his Gregor impression as defense-support for Nowi. Maybe give her Bowbreaker now.

Wiseblade

Klein (+Atk Nature, Atk+1 seal) and 3 dancers (including one Azura) cleared infernal easily. Azura dealt with the cavalry sword, but everything elsewhere was Klein.

Ninferno

Finally finished my 4* + 10 Hana, with one of those 11 Hanas being a 5* so as to give her Armor Slayer+ and L&D 3. She's a decent arena score booster and will be very handy when she herself is a bonus char in the arena rotation.

Also, tested with her in my AA 1st team and my score got boosted to 4886. Compared to my previous 4860ish scores with Alfonse, that is some pleasant increase. Looks like I can relax for a few more weeks regarding holding on to top 5K.

Supports don't seem to impact Arena Score. The SP costs of the skills + Weapons + Specials you have equipped impact the score, but it seems to only take the highest 3 or 4 'skills' SP costs into consideration. Base Stats are a big factor, and I believe Range Units receive a minor penalty. I think it takes seals into consideration, so double check all 4 dudes have one.

I've made mistakes on this topic before so I will be cautious. Anyway, the current consensus (not confirmed nor official) seems to be that every skills counts, and the contribution from skills are solely based on the SP costs, 200 SP yields 1 arena point to be exact. There's a theory about a "penalty" per skills equipped, and this could be what that had lead us into thinking "unequip a skill or two doesn't matter". This penalty is suggested by some to be around 0.35 per skill, so if your skill cost 70 SP or more (and all skills lv. 2 or above are), you are fine; your skills are contributing.

BST is important, but its importance is kinda blown out of proportion among communities. 10 BST yields 1 arena point. That means the difference between a 200 SP skill and a 100 SP one (which causes a 0.5 point difference) is equivalent to 5 BST, while the infamous "horse penalty" is only 3. Unless you are a 5180 player or you are trying to garner just a few more points to stay above a threshold, you don't have to worry about BST too much. The difference is only huge when you compare an Armored with a horse mage

Everything above is still just speculation though, so take it with a grain of salt if you will.

Sushen

I'm building my new team like everyone with brave units. BRoy, Lancina, and BLyn need a green friend. I've been using Titania for that role but I'm not 100% satisfied with it. So, I'm considering either Camilla or Scamilla.

Scum

So. What's everyone's bonus unit for the Mini Tempest Trail and who's pairing up said unit with a healer and the two other scrubs in dire need of that SP? 👀

For me, it's Genny + Hector/Ninian + the goons in need of SP, starting with Summer Corrin and Brave Lyn.

Either way, enjoy the SP/HM Farm Weekend!

I don't think he could've flanked the left side but one hit from Titania and a follow up from Lyn should do it easily enough.
Titania put him at 6 and I finished him off with corrin because it was funnier. Corrin was taken down to 1 life and could only do damage because of special trigger. In a previous failure I noticed titania could one shot him, but due to placement here she didn't have hone on

I could've boxed him in, that wouldve been funny. Use titania to draw back corrin then reposition titania with corrin to block the left, then Lyn could've just stood below

Alucrid

Banned
So. What's everyone's bonus unit for the Mini Tempest Trail and who's pairing up said unit with a healer and the two other scrubs in dire need of that SP? 👀

For me, it's Genny + Hector/Ninian + the goons in need of SP, starting with Summer Corrin and Brave Lyn.

Either way, enjoy the SP/HM Farm Weekend!

do we get x2 for the event, x2 for tempest and x2 for it being the weekend?

Cerium

I could've boxed him in, that wouldve been funny. Use titania to draw back corrin then reposition titania with corrin to block the left, then Lyn could've just stood below

Your Corrin would die though.

I did the BHB with my 2 Horse Emblem and a pair of dancers, it was ezpz. Just need to tank one hit from the ninja.

champloo

Planning to use Sword Lyn/Ninian/Sonya/Healer on Tempest Mini. I've got this -atk Lyn since the first day, and hopefully with bonus stats she can get the job done.

do we get x2 for the event, x2 for tempest and x2 for it being the weekend?

x4 is a given imo, I doubt IS is generous enough to grant us x8.

Did some yolo rolling and pulled a Eldigan 5*.

But he's +ATK,-SPD so in other words I pulled Fury 3 to inherit to my newly minted 5* Camus.

Top Bottom