• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

OMG Aero

imo def- is worse than atk- for Bike

Ok I don't like Tempest Trials at all, is there a way to cheese through it ?
Horse Emblem + one of the bonus allies (preferably Ninian if you have her).
For your first two battles do the Lunatic 7 battle one to maximise your bonus points, then for the rest of the day you can just do the Hard 5 battle one and put the game on auto battle.

Cerium

I don't know what you're running but I'm using Brave!Lyn, Brave!Roy, Ninian, and Bride!Lyn.

The horses kill everything, Ninian dances and grants bonus, and Bride!Lyn keeps everyone topped up when they take damage.

Perfect clears at the top tier are pretty easy this way.

Cerium

When I hit 15,000 points I'm going to make a Medic Marth just to clear some character slots.

Reciprocal Aid over Ardent Sacrifice, you think?

Shinypogs

What are the odds we get a nice new horse or flier for Halloween/ Christmas? Apparently I can make a nice B!Lyn, xander, camus team but then I get hesitant to use all my skill fodder.

Ninferno

This Tempest mini doesn't feel "easier" than past Tempests; it is about the same judging by the stats inflation level. I guess by "easier" IS meant lower requirements for reward tiers.

On another note, spent my early Tempest orbs on CYLs in the hope of clearing the pity rate before moving on, and ofc this happened:
screenshot_20170908-1tlsln.png

You got to fucking kidding me, IS. With Black Knight coming soon I certainly do not need to make a 4* + 10 Draug! Nor do I need 9 Ward Armors, goddammit.

Pity rate is now at 4.75; things aren't looking great...

Semajer

When I hit 15,000 points I'm going to make a Medic Marth just to clear some character slots.

Reciprocal Aid over Ardent Sacrifice, you think?

I use Reciprocal Aid with Escape Route on my Marth Marth as well as my dancer so you can pick and choose which of them you want to teleport over the field depending on the situation.

Golnei

This Tempest mini doesn't feel "easier" than past Tempests; it is about the same judging by the stats inflation level. I guess by "easier" IS meant lower requirements for reward tiers.

Inflated Hector alone is making it a smoother experience - though boosted Delthea was similarly effective in the last Tempest, and the regular variant is pulling her weight here as well. They might also have been referring to the additional benefits of supports, but the lower reward tiers are the most tangible benefit - it's a lot less tedious to focus on grinding the same maps with the same characters for a single week.

Also - on the subject of supports, I kind of want to hear Hector's VA sing Lost in Thoughts All Alone now.

NSESN

2 free masked marths to merge, quickened pulse tha I missed and Distand Def to make my Xander even more tanky. Xander now will laugh even more at bridelias and Lyns without Sacae.

Firemind

So I put Quickened Pulse on my +Spd Roy, and with Blazing Durandal he often triggers Galeforce on his first turn.
i mean, he should always trigger galeforce if he doubles regardless of counterattacks

great for hit and run purposes

now should i have aether or ignis on bike?

Scum

I missed out on these rewards the first time round, so I'm going to have in this Mini Tempest Trial.

Your Corrin would die though.

I did the BHB with my 2 Horse Emblem and a pair of dancers, it was ezpz. Just need to tank one hit from the ninja.
nah, corrin lives with 1 health, already tested that because that's who I killed him with, unless he has deathblow or something

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, Bride Lyn and Rein just make everything a joke. Cleared highest level of TT with that team + Xander and Ninian without losing a character.

Mupod

I stuck attack+3 on my Ninian, supported her with Marthcina and set her loose on TT autobattle to level up. Got a weaponless Clarine for healing and a fourth character for filler (Clarisse right now, will switch to Hector at 40). Seems to be working out so far, I started this maybe 10 minutes ago and they're already gone from level 20 to 36.

Anyways, while it's good that people who missed out on Quickened Pulse can get it this time, making it a 6000 point reward means that you should expect to see it on every single arena Reinhardt/Brave Bow user. It wasn't rare before, but I'd still put it at maybe 1 in 3 Reinhardts running QP/moonbow. And much less common in lower point tiers.

edit: alright, everyone's 40 now and doing the second-highest difficulty on auto. Hector is actually real bad at this so I subbed in Ursula who is a machine. Falchion + Renewal on 'Marth' is actually pretty fun in here because she gets both heals at the start of every map. And then I have QP+Sol as well for some pretty good sustained healing. They still seem to wipe on the last map but I haven't learned all skills or tweaked the team yet.

MicH

Autobattling hard 5 is great, should be able to finish my Ninian easily. Too bad I'm out of Fury fodder, is Triangle Adept worth using on her instead?

Had to take Priscilla's weapon away from her though, AI is stupid with it.

Mupod

He duels red mages. If time is your concern, I'm still getting As.

well I meant the AI uses him poorly. He's a literal god in TT but if the AI has him putzing around in the middle of nowhere that's not very efficient. Maybe those few runs were a fluke, I have a lot of time to tweak my team.

I thought Ursula would jack all my SP but she seems to be working out well enough.

I had my summoner support on Hector but I put it on Ninian to help out her stats a bit while she gets enough SP to finish learning her skills. If nothing else I need to put Hector back in to max out summoner support for him before it goes away.

Roman

well I meant the AI uses him poorly. He's a literal god in TT but if the AI has him putzing around in the middle of nowhere that's not very efficient. Maybe those few runs were a fluke, I have a lot of time to tweak my team.

Do you have Pivot on him and Ninian with Wings of Mercy?

Mupod

Do you have Pivot on him and Ninian with Wings of Mercy?

As I said I'm still working on Ninian's SP, I don't even have Dance on her right now because I need her to be killing stuff instead of dancing for Marthcina. Wanted to learn attack+3 first to help fix her noodle arms.

I do have Pivot, of course. I figured Vantage would be more useful than Renewal, but I did find a slightly better Fae yesterday and he has infinite SP so maybe I could hook him up.

I haven't tried running without Clarine yet. Genny definitely pulled her weight last time but she had a stat boost and Wrathful Staff.

But yeah, tweaking my auto team is fun, haven't had time to do much yet today but I'll be messing with it all weekend. I'm kind of surprised this team has been able to consistently almost clear lunatic 5 already, two of them were level 20 a little over an hour ago after all. Also Marthcina is a dumping ground for my trash skills since she's only gonna be used here and for occasional AA rounds.

Autobattling hard 5 is great, should be able to finish my Ninian easily. Too bad I'm out of Fury fodder, is Triangle Adept worth using on her instead?

Had to take Priscilla's weapon away from her though, AI is stupid with it.

I run Triangle Adept 2 and it's fine.

I feel like Ninian's Attack is way too weak to do damage without it. Likewise, her Defence is poor and she keeps dying to strong reds.

First stab at TT Ninian didn't have dance equipped. Oops. Still got B for speed and survival. Equipped dance and she and Olivia (both have WOM) just waltzed the maps with Innes and marthcina was there to heal and destroy greens.

Getting to 50,000 is going to be easy.

Sölf

Man, 40% bonus unit feels good. I probably won't play really efficently and instead just use this event to bond/SP farm some of the bonus units. Lyn/Ninian and Ursula/Anna are a thing now.

Also finally got S for Summoner/Xander. Now I only need a replay of the Xander GHB so I can +3 mine.

Having Ninian as the 40% bonus is great since she's part of my main team. Easy easy points

edit:

Decided to pull with my Orbs and gotten BRoy. Thats all 4 brave heroes in my roster. Time to save the orbs

edit2:

DAMMIT ROY! You're a +hp/-atk

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

Autobattling is very good for Tempest Trials now.

Make a team of a few units that are pretty resilient against all colors, and have roughly the same movement speed. Then autobattle them at the level 35 or level 30 trial over and over to grind your way through. Having a healer without a weapon helps too.

I just took Anna from level 1 to 40 this morning through mostly autobattling.

I like the bonus characters this time around. I have a team of ATiki + Ninian + MMarth + Anna autobattling right now for SP and bond grinding.

It's interesting (some might call it lazy) how they just threw another MMarth at us. I guess everyone gets a +1 neutral Lucina now.
I have TA3 on my Ninian but she's still a work in progress. I don't intend to make Ninian fight much anyway, so I think it's fine to make her really good against one color. It's the same idea behind TA/Ruby Olivia and default Azura.

I'm giving my Ninian TA3 + Swordbreaker 3 and hoping it turns her into a good Falchion/sword counter. I have zero WoM 3 fodder so I can't go that route.

Sterok

I don't like using Hector in TT. Sure he's a monster, but he's so slow and deprives me of precious positional movement since I also use Tharja/Ephraim/Priscilla. I had to give Ephraim Draw Back over Rally Defense just to deal with the final map, since no one else can get Tharja back to safety after she nukes Hector.

Whizkid7

I run Triangle Adept 2 and it's fine.

I feel like Ninian's Attack is way too weak to do damage without it. Likewise, her Defence is poor and she keeps dying to strong reds.

Mine just runs Fury 3 and doesn't have much trouble with reds. Then again, she also rolls with Eirika so she gains some nice offensive buffs.

Firemind

I don't like using Hector in TT. Sure he's a monster, but he's so slow and deprives me of precious positional movement since I also use Tharja/Ephraim/Priscilla. I had to give Ephraim Draw Back over Rally Defense just to deal with the final map, since no one else can get Tharja back to safety after she nukes Hector.
Wings of Mercy solves a lot of problems for Hector.

Mupod

summoner support on Ninian did the trick, my first auto team clears semi-consistently now and ninian/marthcina are getting decent amounts of SP. I just have attack+3 in her A slot, triangle adept or fury wouldn't be terribly useful for autobattle due to their drawbacks. But I'll farm enough SP for her to get one of those later.

Decided to chance a Hector attempt with 11 orbs, figured if I saw 3+ greens I'd just buy some to round it out. Got no greens but the blue I opened had the first Effie I've ever found in this game, sure 4* and -HP +SPD but jesus that took long enough. I've opened more blue orbs than other colors combined. She'd probably be still better for the monthly armor quest than the Gwendolyn I got to 40, but I finished that already.

Sushen

I'm preparing all my green mages for QP Reinhardt and they're ready. FRobin is intended to take on both QP Reinhardt and BB Lyn but it looks like I need to promote her to 5* for her to take out buffed BB Lyn.

Mupod

I'm preparing all my green mages for QP Reinhardt and they're ready. FRobin is intended to take on both QP Reinhardt and BB Lyn but it looks like I need to promote her to 5* for her to take out buffed BB Lyn.

Remember in AA you can bring a Panic Charm along to deal with situations like that. Sadly only one, but it helps.

Maybe I should put together a 4* Valter with HP+5 as a sketchy last-ditch counter to full horse/flier buffs. So far I've been okay with one charm and my usual counters, along with Panic Ploy Hector.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm starting to realize that flier teams don't actually need anyone who can tank Rein/Lyn. When your whole team flies, you can usually zone out a horse team on most maps, let them overextend, then swoop in on your turn.

Semajer

What are popular builds for Lucinmarth? I plan on doing different builds on each and then merging the four together at the end which will hopefully be SP efficient.

Top Bottom