• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Any decent melee unit with any kind of self-healing (Renewal, Sol, Noontime, Aether, etc) can do that. Even characters who are far from "decent" may be able to do it.

And yes, FEW Camilla Hard which is conveniently leveled at 35 is the ideal SP farm for the month (besides TT for TT bonus chars of course).

Yup. Just give them Noontime or something to start off then watch the SP roll in. I got my Amelia with a giant stockpile and now I'm doing Effie in the event that I ever give her a Brave Lance+ one of these days.

Might not even need any healing if you have Vantage.

Dump all that stamina before Tempest Trial starts!

I just de-equip a healer's weapon and auto battle with my SP grinder. However sometimes the AI gets stuck in an infinite loop where the healer blocks the SP grinder from getting to a mage and they just keep exchanging damage and healing.

Azama is actually the ideal healer because of his high def, threaten attack and reconcile.

Shinypogs

The mages are the only units that can touch Camus on that map and he always oneshots them back. Team just sits in a corner buffing and occasionally healing camus.

Even with double SP, spending a lot of effort grinding today seems silly when TT starts tomorrow.

If you can auto-battle, it's zero effort. Especially if you have a unit that can solo. Stick a single unit in there; if they make it to the end then the map plays out the exact same way every time. It's about 1300 SP for 1 stamina potion in about 10 minutes. Speed-wise Tempest isn't even close.

Unfortunately it doesn't really work for mages

Pejo

So do the enemies eventually stop spawning for these warriors stages? I've been blitzing the portals but I haven't done any lunatic ones yet.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So do the enemies eventually stop spawning for these warriors stages? I've been blitzing the portals but I haven't done any lunatic ones yet.
They stop eventually, but it's like 10 waves of reinforcements or something silly like that.

lt519

Hit 150 orbs which is way too many, so decided to throw 50 at the banner with the red flier and got Chrom and Eldigan ):

lt519

Eldigan is great mang

I prefer him over Xander.

No distant counter, no buy. I need more Hectors!!!!!

Kidding, I'll level him up and use him on Horse Emblem Team C. I think Titania gets to eat my next Hector.

Working on Eldigan, Chrom, and Boey right now. Can't wait to turn Boey into TA monster.

Sushen

What's the difference between dragon fang with atk+50% and draconic aura with atk+30%? Are they both scaling the same base attack?

Mupod

Autobattle on Camilla's map actually ended up being helpful for me after all, I realized I had some goober-ass units I use in AA that were too crappy for TT auto. Turns out Merric, Leo and Hawkeye work very well in there. Hawkeye in particular badly needed SP as I had to buy swap+his second level of AOE special. He's an important member of Arena Assault Team 1 because he's worth a lot of points but sucks too much to be useful in most situations.

Not spending stam pots on these people though. Those are for TT, need that 8000 feather rank every time.

kswiston

Decided to collect most of the FE Warriors Orbs, and try the path of Radiance 2 banner another time. My pity rate was 4%. Got a set of orbs with one red, and pulled Elincia on my first draw. I think I am done with that banner. I'm not going to chase Nephenee.

Elincia is +spd/-hp which I think is OK. It looks like I will go for a quad hit glass cannon build.

I know Brave Lyn is new hotness and regular Lyn is old and busted bust I'm using these musou maps to sp farm for her to hopefully get her galeforce skill soon.

I still need to see what she can do.

Decided to collect most of the FE Warriors Orbs, and try the path of Radiance 2 banner another time. My pity rate was 4%. Got a set of orbs with one red, and pulled Elincia on my first draw. I think I am done with that banner. I'm not going to chase Nephenee.

Elincia is +spd/-hp which I think is OK. It looks like I will go for a quad hit glass cannon build.
if a firesweep sword ever gets added, that will be a great IV for that. As it is her stats are high enough that you dont need +ATK for her to do well anyway

Akuun

What’s my alternative to Def Ploy 3? Threaten Def 3??
Threaten Def is harder to land because of its short range.

If you don't have Def Ploy or aren't willing to sacrifice the unit for it, you might as well put a hone/fortify/spur buff on your C slot to help out the rest of your team.

Scum

Threaten Def is harder to land because of its short range.

If you don't have Def Ploy or aren't willing to sacrifice the unit for it, you might as well put a hone/fortify/spur buff on your C slot to help out the rest of your team.
Duly noted.

Scum

The AI is allowed teams of 5, if not more at times, so why can’t I have 5 on my team? I want to blow things up with Palla, Hinoka, Tana, Cherche and Summer Corrin. 😟

Akuun

Are firesweep weapons that bad?

They're so rare that I don't deal with units sporting them that often. And for the units that do have them, I usually try to counter with a player phase unit of my own, since counter-killing won't work.

NSESN

They're so rare that I don't deal with units sporting them that often. And for the units that do have them, I usually try to counter with a player phase unit of my own, since counter-killing won't work.
They make most enemy phase units useless. Brave weapons at least have mt and spd penalty.

Mupod

Honestly at this point I'm just gonna save up for one of two things.

- Hinoka or a different unit with Hone Fliers. I was a little down on fliers for a while because Brave Lyn is in almost every defense team these days, but I can just stick to using them on weeks where the maps make them especially powerful. And since I got a great Elincia I really want to finish them off.

- Some extremely broken OP bullshit that would go well with one of my spare Distant Counters. I expect Beaststones to be pretty crazy considering the power creep and anti-meta stuff they've been adding lately.

Shinypogs

If you merge two units can you get any skills the one you lose had learned? I have several units with garbage iv who could be salvageable with SI but I don't wanna waste fodder if I can't pass on the skills to a better version when merging for +1

Akuun

If you merge two units can you get any skills the one you lose had learned? I have several units with garbage iv who could be salvageable with SI but I don't wanna waste fodder if I can't pass on the skills to a better version when merging for +1
When merging, you keep all skills that the fodder unit has learned.

So if you're merging a bad IV unit (the one you're losing) into a good IV unit, your good unit will have all the skills your bad unit had.

That's why it's sometimes good to level up a fodder unit and spend its SP on something first before you merge it into your good unit. It saves you some SP grinding on the good unit afterwards.

Draxal

edit. Deleted the screenshot earlier.

Anyway, kinda tired of this rein/lyn/dancer on everymap I see. Would be find if it wasn't for that one map with the breakable walls on both sides.

OVDRobo

Putting things into perspective, since I gave my Hit & Run Hinoka Firesweep Lance+, so long as I have a reposition or drag back unit nearby, I commonly use her to solo Hector and can use her to soften up if not outright kill most blues and greens.

It's a weapon that ignores every rule the game lays out regarding strategy, risk and reward, replacing it with an 'I win and you get nothing' button while also boasting good mt. It gives an overwhelming advantage on player phase for a slight disadvantage on enemy phase of one unit - who if you're giving it to the right units wouldn't want to anyway - not being able to bait and counter.

It's not a tough weapon to face because the AI doesn't use it well, but using it yourself is a whole different matter.

Draxal

Putting things into perspective, since I gave my Hit & Run Hinoka Firesweep Lance+, so long as I have a reposition or drag back unit nearby, I commonly use her to solo Hector and can use her to soften up if not outright kill most blues and greens.

It's a weapon that ignores every rule the game lays out regarding strategy, risk and reward, replacing it with an 'I win and you get nothing' button while also boasting good mt. It gives an overwhelming advantage on player phase for a slight disadvantage on enemy phase of one unit - who if you're giving it to the right units wouldn't want to anyway - not being able to bait and counter.

It's not a tough weapon to face because the AI doesn't use it well, but using it yourself is a whole different matter.

When firesweep Cordelia is better at dealing with Brave ike then Amiti Elincia, it is a problem imho.

However, vantage needed a punch in the balls as well.

Top Bottom