• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Busaiku

They should introduce a skill that lets you attack after all of your opponent's attacks.
Make Steady Breath/Distant Counter Brave Ike even more broken.

explodet

Did a pull on the DB banner for yuks, got two blues. One was a 5* Effie with TERRIBLE stats.

Looks like somebody's getting DB3 and maybe a silver lance+.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I see how that's strong, but is that more broken than Rein, Blade tomes, or strong Brave weapon users? Firesweep seems like it trades some ORKO ability for a safer retreat, but the end goal is to still get a free hit in that you can then Reposition to safety.

A buffed Rein or a Brave weapon user like Death Blow Cherche follows the same principle of trying to get a free hit or kill, except they risk getting counterattacked in exchange for more killing power. They can hit hard enough to somewhat ignore the weapon triangle, which is bullshit in its own way.

They sound equally broken to me, but in slightly different ways.

Busaiku

I see how that's strong, but is that more broken than Rein, Blade tomes, or strong Brave weapon users? Firesweep seems like it trades some ORKO ability for a safer retreat, but the end goal is to still get a free hit in that you can then Reposition to safety.

A buffed Rein or a Brave weapon user like Death Blow Cherche follows the same principle of trying to get a free hit or kill, except they risk getting counterattacked in exchange for more killing power. They can hit hard enough to somewhat ignore the weapon triangle, which is bullshit in its own way.

Brave Ike can use Aether with Steady Breath though.
I don't think there'll be any Blue/Green units he'd have to worry about.
And he's a much better enemy phase unit than Reinhardt or Brave/Firesweep users.

Draxal

Not more broken then Rein, but more broken then strong brave weapon users (except for Lyn) and blade tomes.

Like I said Firesweep Cordelia can kill brave Ike better than Amiti Elincia. Brave users get screwed by Vantage users, and firesweep laughs at them. It doesn't trade orko at all since the best firesweep users have high atk, will double (due to really high speed + buffs); and the innate mt on firesweep.

Busaiku

Not more broken then Rein, but more broken then strong brave weapon users and blade tomes.

Like I said Firesweep Cordelia can kill brave Ike better than Amiti Elincia. Brave users get screwed by Vantage users, and firesweep laughs at them. It doesn't trade orko at all since the best firesweep users have high atk, will double (due to really high speed + buffs); and the innate mt on firesweep.
How does Firesweep Cordelia beat Brave Ike?
He gets 39 neutral Defense with Steady Breath.
Moonbow would be reduced 80%.

At some point Cordelia or another unit would get hit.
It's not like Brave Ike can't move away from bad terrain.
Cordelia isn't doing enough damage unless you have like 3 dancers.

Somebody does not understand how melee fliers are supposed to be run under player control.

edit: also Elincia can just quad Aether Ike to death that's the least threatening version lol

Tripon

Draxal

To be fair there are plenty of maps that this strategy isn't very viable.

it does work on most maps, its just if you don't have a good understanding of the opponent ai some teams and maps can be pretty rough (like I"m getting better but lyn/rein/dancer/bonus is frustrating).

Rutger

Banned
I'm having more fun breaking FEH than I was before I had a flying or horse team build, so I don't really mind stuff like Firesweep Lance.

But Firesweep Lance is incredibly stupid, haha.
We'll probably see weapons or skills that counter it at some point, but until then it can get away with everything.

Firemind

People should shift their focus to player phase units rather than enemy phase units. I mean, QP Reinhardt almost 2HKOs my neutral +6 Cecilia with Distant Def 1. It's ridic.

Busaiku

People should shift their focus to player phase units rather than enemy phase units. I mean, QP Reinhardt almost 2HKOs my neutral +6 Cecilia with Distant Def 1. It's ridic.
How.
My -Res, +4 Soren takes less than 1/2 after a Moonbow, without Distant Defense.

Enemy phase units are always good, because there is no true PVP in the game.
And enemy phase units are far more versatile in Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges.

Mr. Virus

How.

And enemy phase units are far more versatile in Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges.

+1 to this. My MVP during the mini TT was a +Def S!Tiki with Close Defense and Threaten Atk to wall any melee attackers, Sol to heal and Vantage in case her health dipped a bit too low so she could either score a kill or heal up before taking a hit. Just planted her down and let them march on up. Couldn't quite deal with the boosted Hector on Lunatic 7 but she knocked him down enough for a 2nd team to clean up quickly.

How.

not really I've been doing just fine with my usual player phase focused team

Shinypogs

When merging, you keep all skills that the fodder unit has learned.

So if you're merging a bad IV unit (the one you're losing) into a good IV unit, your good unit will have all the skills your bad unit had.

That's why it's sometimes good to level up a fodder unit and spend its SP on something first before you merge it into your good unit. It saves you some SP grinding on the good unit afterwards.

Thanks, that works out perfectly for me.

Ninferno

The FEW maps are really stamina-efficient for level grinding. In anticipation of the Clarissse GHB re-run and its inevitable "use Clarisse to kill lv40 Clarisse" quest, I went on to level up a Clarisse before TT so that I don't have to waste any stamina during TT. I thought it would take 50 ~ 60 stamina but as it turned out:

1 (Starting Stratum) + 1 (First Stratum) + 5 (Hinoka Normal or Takumi Normal depending on what you are training) + 5 (Camilla Normal) + 10 (Hinoka Hard) + 10 (Camilla Hard) * 2 = 42 stamina is more than enough to level a 4* character from lv1 to lv40. And this is a pretty conservative road map; any unit should be able to do it with healer/dancer/buffer support. If you are training a decent to strong unit, you can probably skip some of those steps and use even less stamina and time.

I was amazed by it and went on to level up Berkut and Valter as well just to be future-proof. It barely took 120 stamina to level the three and I will still have close to 99 by the time TT hits. Perfect.

Alucrid

Banned
need a new dancer with an axe so all this hero merit can stop being wasted

OJ5upt8l.jpg

Eidjinn

For Elincia + Atk -hp, will this build work?

Amiti
Reposition
Luna

Death Blow 3
Hit and Run
Threaten Def 3

I don't have a flier team, so I'm thinking of pairing her with B! Lucina.

Also... Luna or Draconic Aura for this build?

Tripon

Does such a character exist in the franchise?

Not like the Heroes dev care. They have been giving weapons to characters that usually use different ones since the beginning. Caeda with a sword when she's usually a lancer, Tobin with Armor Slayer when there's no armor + weapons in his game to begin with, etc.

Cerium

Not like the Heroes dev care. They have been giving weapons to characters that usually use different ones since the beginning. Caeda with a sword when she's usually a lancer, Tobin with Armor Slayer when there's no armor + weapons in his game to begin with, etc.
Man if they have a limited event green dancer they'll rake in the cash.

Cerium

I was bored so I made a 5* Gronnblade+ Cecilia.

She one shots everything, but then again Lyn already did that anyway.

Her build is perfect right now except I'm out of Hinatas so I couldn't give her Fury 3.

PBalfredo

Raven is by far the most egregious example, even if only because of his art.

Golnei

Faye? Her art is fine though I guess

They probably meant the fact that his art prominently shows off a sheathed sword that he doesn't use - similar to Lachesis, however hers is tiny and easily ignored - not that there was anything wrong with the art technically.

I don't really mind the weapon redistribution for the most part - it's more important to have a somewhat equal spread of units.

Shinypogs

I would like to see a hand axe or Javelin in the game even if it was locked to two range. Just more types of ranged physical that's not bows/ daggers.I think it would help shake up the meta for things to not primarily be colourless units and blue mages vs green mages. If ranged threats came in all colours and targeted physical threats we'd see more responses to them and it;d open up more play space.

ggx2ac

The FEW maps are really stamina-efficient for level grinding. In anticipation of the Clarissse GHB re-run and its inevitable "use Clarisse to kill lv40 Clarisse" quest,

And now I went to do the same thing for a bunch of GHB characters. Camus, Clarisse, Xander, Navarre, Michaelis.

Still got a few more, noticed how Xander must be the only 4* character that has two skills that don't unlock level 3 until 5*.

Thinking I was going to be stuck with only 20% units this tempest trial when I decide to pull on the Crimean banner. Got a Elincia (+ATK-SPD) as well as 5 star Abel (+ATK-HP).

Ninferno

TT this time seem to have some of the most open, aka Horse-Emblem-friendly maps. lol Things are going pretty smoothly; I fully expect Titania to contribute 2500 ~ 3000 feathers and swimming in SPs by the end.

One thing though, can I finally have an Elincia after the 200ish orbs? Pretty please? That petty little 1800 peak score is making me sad:(

Top Bottom