• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

ggx2ac

There's so many sword units that Ike is just mowing everything down easily and healing from Aether.

It's hard to beat Black Knight though without someone dying to Black Luna.

Nohar

My current team of BLyn, Ike, Ninian and Nephenee isn't going to cut it: they take way too much damage from magic users, and I don't have a good mage to take down the Black Knight... I don't really know how to tackle the hardest TT trial when magic users show up.

EDIT: ... ... ... ... ... So... Errr... I wanted to pull on the Heroes banner, because I figured "Hey? Why not try my luck at getting Julia? After all, it ends in 2 days". I mean, I honestly didn't believe I would be able to pull her. Like, statistically, the odds are crazy low. Stupid low.

Guys. I got a Julia. First pull.

I guess all I need is a Reinhardt, and I have a very, very nice roster. With no access to decent inheritable skills (well, don't have the ability points), but at least I can do something rather nice with my units.

Cerium

I don't enjoy Tempest Trial. It's boring, and doing a bunch of runs in a row sucks.

Getting to 40k is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Too bad the rewards are so good.

My current team of BLyn, Ike, Ninian and Nephenee isn't going to cut it: they take way too much damage from magic users, and I don't have a good mage to take down the Black Knight... I don't really know how to tackle the hardest TT trial when magic users show up.

EDIT: ... ... ... ... ... So... Errr... I wanted to pull on the Heroes banner, because I figured "Hey? Why not try my luck at getting Julia? After all, it ends in 2 days". I mean, I honestly didn't believe I would be able to pull her. Like, statistically, the odds are crazy low. Stupid low.

Guys. I got a Julia. First pull.

I guess all I need is a Reinhardt, and I have a very, very nice roster. With no access to decent inheritable skills (well, don't have the ability points), but at least I can do something rather nice with my units.
I'm running B!Lyn, B!Roy, Ninian, and Soren.

I gave Ardent Sacrifice to Soren so he can be my healer. Lyn does all the work, Roy provides the buffs, and Ninian dances. Perfect clears aren't hard for me this way.

Now if I had a Reinhardt with a good nature I could run the Horse Emblem from Hell.

B!Lyn, B!Roy, Reinhardt, and Cecilia with Gronnblade+

NSESN

Panick ploy seal is awesome for armor emblem
I don't enjoy Tempest Trial. It's boring, and doing a bunch of runs in a row sucks.

Getting to 40k is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Too bad the rewards are so good.
For me it is the best event.much better than voting gauntlet.

Shinypogs

I gave my soren reciprocal aid. He heals and nukes shit. Even as a 4* he is decent since he's plus atk and the tt bonus makes him even stronger. Ponies do the heavy lifting though.
Much like Hector BK is wrecked by brave Lyn and once he's been hit soren or camus can take him down.

kewlmyc

I take back everything I said about Flier Emblem. Got me to 4912 points in Arena and it's the only team I need to clear Tempest Trial.

Flier Emblem for lyfe (unless it's a defense tile map).

ggx2ac

Oh... BK comes with Wings of Mercy.

I really would have preferred Guard like the boss in TT.

It suits him better as a tank taking hits, but I guess he'd need a healing ability to still keep guard up.

Semajer

I was a bit worried that my -atk Ike would be shit, or that he'd cause my TT team to be imbalanced, but I haven't had any problems so far.

I can definitely feel the lack of a 40% unit. Usually 2 stamina potions + bonus would get me 10k points but now I'm barely creeping on 8. Still on track to get BK in 3 days though.

Nohar

Yeah, I'm not sure I will engage in the grind. I'll probably try to unlock the 4* Black Knight, but that's it. Been there, done that with other F2P/Gacha games. Not worth the time and effort.

Yeah, I'm not sure I will engage in the grind. I'll probably try to unlock the 4* Black Knight, but that's it. Been there, done that with other F2P/Gacha games. Not worth the time and effort.

Wow, this makes me realize that these Tempest Trials really are a no-go for new users, and all of the Starter Support will not prepare them for these events.

I just realized I don't have to spend any of the orbs in this TT until the next major banner since I already gotten Elincia, Nephenee and Oscar.

And October is over the horizon...maybe a Halloween banner to save up for. After a million bait banners.

Semajer

Why is this game so mean?

ynLkrRS.jpg

I just wanted Elincia.

NSESN

Upgraded BK and imediately feed him Raven and a spare Bike so he has now Aether(TT sustain), Steady Breath and Threaten def 3

I think that I'll just wait for a Hero Fest. I can't make into the top 5000 in AA no matter what, so I don't even need new Heroes. Regular Arena will be the same as usual. I'll be able to occasionally reach tier 20 with the right Bonus heroes, but I'll be bouncing between tier 18 and 19 for most seasons.

I'm just on autopilot. Don't have any story content to do aside from completing Chain Challenges 9&10 and 11&12 on Lunatic and collecting the feathers on lower difficulties.

Nohar

Wow, this makes me realize that these Tempest Trials really are a no-go for new users, and all of the Starter Support will not prepare them for these events.

Well, it is more or less doable, depending on what I face during the trial. I believe I got quite lucky in regards to my pulls for a newcomer (I mean, I've got BLyn, Ike, Nephenee, Ninian, Julia and Normal Lyn, on top of a few useful 4* ones such as Effie and Nowi). Sadly, I haven't been able to complete the hardest one so far: I always die at the last map, unable to take down the Black Knight (the other units on the map make it difficult to keep my team alive, and once BLyn is down, well...). It is obvious that my main issue is the lack of Skills for my characters (as I haven't done any Skill Inheritance at all), and maybe the lack of synergy too, so I can't just steamroll everything with my current roster.

Shito

Well, it is more or less doable, depending on what I face during the trial. I believe I got quite lucky in regards to my pulls for a newcomer (I mean, I've got BLyn, Ike, Nephenee, Ninian, Julia and Normal Lyn, on top of a few useful 4* ones such as Effie and Nowi). Sadly, I haven't been able to complete the hardest one so far: I always die at the last map, unable to take down the Black Knight (the other units on the map make it difficult to keep my team alive, and once BLyn is down, well...). It is obvious that my main issue is the lack of Skills for my characters (as I haven't done any Skill Inheritance at all), and maybe the lack of synergy too, so I can't just steamroll everything with my current roster.
You don't need to do the hardest level of difficulty at all. I've been playing the game since its release, have a pretty good roster of heroes now, but I never bother with lunatic-7 at all, and still get all the rewards in the end.
I do lunatic-5 for the first two maps of the day to take advantage of the multiplier, and after that I just auto-battle on hard-5 for the rest of the day. Depending on how busy I am I sometimes pop a stamina potion or two, as they give you one (then two) as reward each day, and that's enough to get everything. That's a two weeks event, you don't need to rush or burn yourself on the first few days. ;)

Octagon

Finally after doing the first rounds of Tempest Trials with Soren for the bonus (who did not so good) I tried again for a bonus unit.
Got a mediocre Nephenee and also my first ever Reinhardt (+atk/-spd).
I am so glad that I can bench Soren again.

MicH

Upgraded the 4* Black Knight to 5* and got him to 40 in TT. Don't think I've ever leveled someone up so fast.

I see Gamepress is suggesting putting Panic Ploy on him and I do have a spare Luke so I might give him that.

Nohar

You don't need to do the hardest level of difficulty at all. I've been playing the game since its release, have a pretty good roster of heroes now, but I never bother with lunatic-7 at all, and still get all the rewards in the end.
I do lunatic-5 for the first two maps of the day to take advantage of the multiplier, and after that I just auto-battle on hard-5 for the rest of the day. Depending on how busy I am I sometimes pop a stamina potion or two, as they give you one (then two) as reward each day, and that's enough to get everything. That's a two weeks event, you don't need to rush or burn yourself on the first few days. ;)

I guess I will follow your advice then. Lunatic-5 is perfectly doable here, I just need to be just a little careful on the last map, but if everything goes right BK dies easily (although a Black Luna can destroy my units, including Nephenee if she is too low on HP).

Anyhow, time to farm ability points with Ike and Nephenee. 12 SP per kill is too good to pass.

NSESN

Upgraded the 4* Black Knight to 5* and got him to 40 in TT. Don't think I've ever leveled someone up so fast.

I see Gamepress is suggesting putting Panic Ploy on him and I do have a spare Luke so I might give him that.

With panic ploy seal maybe is better to use something else. very few units hit 44 HP.

ggx2ac

So I figured out a better way to beat BK in TT using only one character that isn't a magic user.

Nephenee needs Moonbow ready with Wrath.

She takes a hit from BK.

Next turn occurs.

Wrath causes Moonbow to be ready again.

Nephenee attacks BK and takes him down.

BK dies in two hits over that duration from getting hit by a Wrath Moonbow twice.

Nephenee is so good.

ggx2ac

Excellent, I no longer have to use 4* Zephiel for the Armoured Monthly quests.

Black Knight's stats are very similar to Atk Up/Res down Amelia but damn, BK's skills and weapon.

Seriously, they're practically giving away a very powerful unit that they easily could have made money off of.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I like the 3x Bonus too much to just plow through stamina potions. Although it'd be nice to level up Black Knight at 24 SP per kill. It can wait til next weekend though. I'll get 30k by Monday.

Alucrid

Banned
Same as mine.

But I'm not giving up on her!

I've paired her up with my Hinoka and they will be the base of my flier emblem team. At the very least the support bonus will cover her spd stat loss a bit.

yeah, i'll make it work. she'll fit right in with my -atk spring camilla and summer corrin

Top Bottom