• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

I have a question. I got Bunny Lucina and Carrot Xander. How do they compare to their original form? I'm trying to decide if I should build them up, especially since I got 5* Bunny Lucina.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't hit nearly as hard, but she's way better defensively due to her high RES. If I'm ever lucky enough to pull another Hector, she's getting Distant Counter. With the right build, I think Sheena could be just as good as Hector, if not flat-out better.

Not being able to hit hard is an EXTREMELY big difference, especially in the current meta. I'm also not so sure about the being better defensively thing either, as I would rather attack Sheena than face Hector's Armads and Distant Counter.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-15-12-27.png
Wanted Faye, got Faye.

Theosmeo

setsuna with life and death 3 or swift swallow 2 and the firesweep bow seems like a monster, although I can't think of B skill that would help her... maybe escape route?

backlot

setsuna with life and death 3 or swift swallow 2 and the firesweep bow seems like a monster, although I can't think of B skill that would help her... maybe escape route?

Seal Attack or some other stat could be good. Since she doesn't have to worry about being counter attacked she could be like a ranged debuffer.

Fuck this game and their stupid Boon/Bane fucking me over everytime I manage to get a 5*. Get Lukas? Sure, but here's a +ATK -DEF one! His whole point is DEF... Christ...

Mupod

Maybe a Seal skill. Vantage and -breaker skills won't do much for her, and Firesweep seems like it'd be ideal to run alongside a dancer so you could follow up on a debuffed opponent with no fear of counterattacks.

I've got a +spd Setsuna that I might work on someday, but I have pulled on grey so little that I don't have any weapon to give her. No Life and Death either, although I wonder if Death Blow would also be fine since mine would be 40 speed. Death Blow would have no drawbacks due to the nature of the bow, and her defenses would be a little better in case something did survive.

Theosmeo

Seal Attack or some other stat could be good. Since she doesn't have to worry about being counter attacked she could be like a ranged debuffer.

Maybe a Seal skill. Vantage and -breaker skills won't do much for her, and Firesweep seems like it'd be ideal to run alongside a dancer so you could follow up on a debuffed opponent with no fear of counterattacks.

I've got a +spd Setsuna that I might work on someday, but I have pulled on grey so little that I don't have any weapon to give her. No Life and Death either, although I wonder if Death Blow would also be fine since mine would be 40 speed. Death Blow would have no drawbacks due to the nature of the bow, and her defenses would be a little better in case something did survive.

I don't know about seal skills, the point is that she'd one round them but her attack is pretty crap, I was considering saying death blow 3 as well. The nature of the weapon means most good b skills are useless unfortunately. With an attack buff from olivia she might be able to pull it off. Also if there was a B skill that lowered special trigger by one she could have 1 round moonbow which would finish most goons

Tripon

Did two rolls, only got a 4 star Chrom, and a bunch of 3 star dreck. I'm out of orbs too and I don't see how I can get easy orbs anytime soon. Guess I'm done with this banner.

Fuck this game and their stupid Boon/Bane fucking me over everytime I manage to get a 5*. Get Lukas? Sure, but here's a +ATK -DEF one! His whole point is DEF... Christ...

Same boon/bane as me. I don't think it is too bad though. With fortress he will be at 46 Atk 40 def. that's still really good for an infantry. Infantry! Be glad we got a good boon at least.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Used 100 orbs, got a Lukas and some kinda good 4* units. Now I'm flat out of orbs.

Mine is +HP -Speed, which is likely good since his speed is garbage anyway (Neutral at level 40 is 22.)

Same boon/bane as me. I don't think it is too bad though. With fortress he will be at 46 Atk 40 def. that's still really good for an infantry. Infantry! Be glad we got a good boon at least.

You are right, it's my always getting worst bane that makes me forget the good boon. Let's figure out how to make something great out of him! I was thinking +3 DEF instead of his Fortress for 49 ATK 38 DEF (39 with DEF seal). Not sure which is better. Giving him Brave Lance for 43 ATK 39 DEF with auto-double is a possibility, not sure about this one. Could be Brave Lance+ for 20k feathers but it's a big investment. Trying to figure out best special if I keep Killer Lance+.

Used 100 orbs, got a Lukas and some kinda good 4* units. Now I'm flat out of orbs.

Mine is +HP -Speed, which is likely good since his speed is garbage anyway (Neutral at level 40 is 22.)

-Spd is his best bane.

A lot of people out there want to turn him into a brace lance user. I think I am going to go with

Killer Lance+
Reposition
Bonfire
Fortress 3
Quick Riposte 2/3
Whatever support I need

This positions him nicely to bait attacks and kill a lot of things.

-Spd is his best bane.

A lot of people out there want to turn him into a brace lance user. I think I am going to go with

Killer Lance+
Reposition
Bonfire
Fortress 3
Quick Riposte 2/3
Whatever support I need

Yea I will try him first with KL+, Bonfire and QR2 and see how it goes.

-Spd is his best bane.

Killer Lance+
Reposition
Bonfire
Fortress 3
Quick Riposte 2/3
Whatever support I need

I think Ignis would be better honestly. If someone attacks him, it will trigger on his riposte. Otherwise, it will trigger his next turn. Since he is a defensive monster, you'd rather bait and kill with QR than attack with Bonfire, since he'll take the same amount of hits anyway. Of course, I'm assuming he doesn't kill most things with those 2 attacks already.

kswiston

Terrible luck for me today. I spent 100 orbs doing 5 full pulls with no 5-star units. Pretty sure the chance of that happening is about 16%...

I think Ignis would be better honestly. If someone attacks him, it will trigger on his riposte. Otherwise, it will trigger his next turn. Since he is a defensive monster, you'd rather bait and kill with QR than attack with Bonfire, since he'll take the same amount of hits anyway. Of course, I'm assuming he doesn't kill most things with those 2 attacks already.

I was going back and forth between the two. The off chance someone doesn't double him is why I was thinking Bonfire but yea Ignis on a three charge and 40 defense is scary.

Gotta run some things through the damage calc first.

Lol you got a little bit more than Faye. Nice pull.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to find a Serra as well. Lucky!

Also, having to break down your units for skill inheritance is dumb. Really, really dumb. Puzzles and Dragons just lets you slap a unit onto another one. Game manages to make more money than Fire Emblem as well.

I was going back and forth between the two. The off chance someone doesn't double him is why I was thinking Bonfire but yea Ignis on a three charge and 40 defense is scary.

Gotta run some things through the damage calc first.

Yea I am torn also. Already gave him a Bonfire but I was not going to do anything with that -SPD MRobin anyway. Thinking Threaten Attack 2 for Skill C.

Yea I am torn also. Already gave him a Bonfire but I was not going to do anything with that -SPD MRobin anyway. Thinking Threaten Attack 2 for Skill C.

Threaten Atk could be a good choice, but not sure how much it is needed for him given his defense. Threaten Defense will give him better follow up. I need to run the numbers of Fortress versus Defense 3.

So I noticed these quests only last 11 days. Seems like we'll be back to a Tuesday update schedule after this banner.

Also, still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry Faye for next week's arena. A unit with 21 speed, 41 attack and that can't counter is going to be dead weight without some kind of SI. Not that I want to waste it for her though. I was thinking of giving her a breaker skill, but I don't know which one I'd want on her. Guess I'm going to need to wait until they announce the next bonus heroes before I finalize this. Should probably give her some decent buff just to keep her slightly useful though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, while the story is still garbage, its kind of interesting that Veronica is the one who canonically gives heroes their skills.

Mupod

So I noticed these quests only last 11 days. Seems like we'll be back to a Tuesday update schedule after this banner.

Also, still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry Faye for next week's arena. A unit with 21 speed, 41 attack and that can't counter is going to be dead weight without some kind of SI. Not that I want to waste it for her though. I was thinking of giving her a breaker skill, but I don't know which one I'd want on her. Guess I'm going to need to wait until they announce the next bonus heroes before I finalize this. Should probably give her some decent buff just to keep her slightly useful though.

A movement assist skill should be enough. I mean, I got a perfect run with 4* Selena and she has not actually fought an enemy a single time. Just Reposition all day.

Ahnez

What are the chances of blowing 250 orbs without any 5 stars?

Because I've had that happen before

If you opened all 5 orbs from all summons, and all from the same banner, it would be less than 0.4%

But since you probably skipped colors you don't want, its (VERY) likely it rolled 5*'s, but for that color you ignored

edit: oops, corrected an error on my formula

Quixzlizx

If I'm using Eirika as a partner for Nino, I should definitely switch Pivot out for Reposition, right?

I have no idea what to give her for an A skill other than Fury, and no idea what to give her as a special other than Moonbow.

backlot

If I'm using Eirika as a partner for Nino, I should definitely switch Pivot out for Reposition, right?

I have no idea what to give her for an A skill other than Fury, and no idea what to give her as a special other than Moonbow.

Most people use a rally skill to boost Nino even more.

Roman

Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker seem like good ideas, the only units to threaten her would be blue and/or mages and Nino could easily take care of them.

Edit: And yes, use Rally Defense/Resistance.

Quixzlizx

Most people use a rally skill to boost Nino even more.

Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker seem like good ideas, the only units to threaten her would be blue and/or mages and Nino could easily take care of them.

Edit: And yes, use Rally Defense/Resistance.

I feel like the lack of movement skills really boxes me into a corner a lot when the defense team has multiple ranged units.

That's one reason why I'm going to keep Drag Back on her at first to see how that performs.

I like the Fury+Renewal build. She gets a great spread of stats making her great at taking hits and doling out decent damage to protect your mages but stays in the game with renewal.

Spoit

I like the Fury+Renewal build. She gets a great spread of stats making her great at taking hits and doling out decent damage to protect your mages but stays in the game with renewal.

If I ever pull a fae (or get exceedingly unlucky with my 5* colorless pulls), fury/renewal is my plan for lucina. It seems like a really good combo

Wilsongt

I really hope IS uses the new FE game as an excuse to add new 3* units.

Lukas and Claire will probably be bumped down to 4*.

Gonna suck when we get to Geneology and they are going to have to rename Arthur since instead of going with Fates' Arthur's Japanese name of Harold they used Arthur.

Terrible luck for me today. I spent 100 orbs doing 5 full pulls with no 5-star units. Pretty sure the chance of that happening is about 16%...

Doing full pulls significantly decreased your chance of getting a 5*. If you're after 5 stars, you should never ever open a orb of a colour that's not one of the focus units. For example, in the current banner opening any greens is terrible for your chance of finding 5stars.

Didn't get any of the new ones. nor even a 5*, for the 50 orbs I had collected. Still, some nice variety, including finally an adult Tiki for the collection (only a 3*, but already brought her up to 4*). Also new to me are others like a 4* Fae and 4* Ogma. [shrugs]

Lukas and Claire will probably be bumped down to 4*.

Gonna suck when we get to Geneology and they are going to have to rename Arthur since instead of going with Fates' Arthur's Japanese name of Harold they used Arthur.
Some of Fates' name changes were so stupid.

Jims

What kinds of units would Swordbreaker be good for? Who do you like running it with?

I pulled a duplicate Sully and am not sure what kind of unit benefits from this most (versus something like Quick Reposte). Because of the HP requirement, I'm thinking you're looking for someone with decent defense and a mid-to-below-average speed score. Draug is tanky, but with all that speed, he doesn't need to auto-double reds that badly.

I'm considering Chrom, Seliph, Corrin (M), and Eliwood. Chrom is on the bulkier side and has garbage speed (mine is even -SPD), he kinda feels like the play. Seliph is interesting with his base 53 ATK, but seems like he might lose swordbreaker after one red attack (26 DEF). Also considering Female Corrin for Falchions defense.

What kinds of units would Swordbreaker be good for? Who do you like running it with?

I pulled a duplicate Sully and am not sure what kind of unit benefits from this most (versus something like Quick Reposte). Because of the HP requirement, I'm thinking you're looking for someone with decent defense and a mid-to-below-average speed score. Draug is tanky, but with all that speed, he doesn't need to auto-double reds that badly.

I'm considering Chrom, Seliph, Corrin (M), and Eliwood. Chrom is on the bulkier side and has garbage speed (mine is even -SPD), he kinda feels like the play. Seliph is interesting with his base 53 ATK, but seems like he might lose swordbreaker after one red attack (26 DEF). Also considering Female Corrin for Falchions defense.

Slower reds like Eldigan and blues like Ephraim and Nowi. Or the ones you mentioned. All of them benefit greatly from sword breaker. Prevents them from being doubled from the most popular units in the game, red swords, and allows them to double attack in return. Quick Riposte still gets them doubled, but allows them to double in return. Quick Riposte works well on really high defense but slow characters like Hector, whose weapon has it built in, Subaki, or the just released Lukas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom